Originally posted by Theimp
I'm so sick of the politics in this country. We need some common sense solutions and since everyone always asks "what would you do different", here
is what I would do day 1 as President:
1: All troops return home NOW! Not tomorrow, not 6 months or 3 years from now. TODAY! Make the call.
2: Close all foreign bases. Why do we need bases in Germany? Is Hitler coming back? Close them.
3: All those troops that are no longer fighting BS wars? Put them on OUR border. Thanks and BYE drug cartel.
4: Drug cartel? Americans are grown adults. Drugs are legal like they used to be in the 50s.
5: ALL FOREIGN AID STOPS! ALL OF IT! NOW! YES THAT INCLUDES ISRAEL!
6: All that new moneys? Invest it back into infrastructure, education and manufacturing (welcome back Detroit).
7: Tell China to go to hell, we have no debt. Invade if you have a problem with that (good luck, see rule 1).
8: Tell the middle east to go to hell, we drill our own oil. Let the Brits nanny Israel, they created her.
9: Abolish the Federal Reserve and back our currency with gold or silver.
10: Make sure everyone in this damn country understands the word treason. It seems not many people do.
I like the way you think. I offer some refinements.
1. After inauguration, I would call a meeting of the Joint Chiefs. Tell them that I want all troops in the Middle East home in time for a 4th of
July barbeque. If they can't do that, turn in their resignations.
2. Other bases would be closed in a case by case basis. For starters, I would normalize relations with Cuba and renegotiate our treaty over
3. Use the returning military to establish bases along our borders. You know what would happen to illegal immigrants that wandered into Area 51?
Also use those troops to establish military hospitals strategically located throughout the country. Civilians would have free access to those
hospitals, with priority being given to active military and vets. Adjust training of new recruits to staff the new medical facilities. When these
people leave the military, they will be able to get jobs in the medical profession rather than private mecenary corporations.
4. Some drugs like heroin and meth would still need to be illegal. They are just too detrimental to people. I don't remember who said it, but the
penalty for the use of a drug should not be more severe than the use of the drug itself. People that use heroin or meth need treatment more than they
5. Yes, stop all foreign aid until we get our own economic house in order. The Vatican and other religious organizations can help those that truly
need it. They have plenty of resources to help the poor, and, that's kind of what they are supposed to do anyway.
7. Across the top of our currency, is says "FEDERAL RESERVE NOTE". The debt is owned by the Federal Reserve Bank, let them pay it. More on this
8. The people in the Middle East have been fighting each other thousands of years before the US came along, and they will probably be fighting each
other thousands of years after the US collapses. If and when they are ready for freedom or democracy, they will take it for themselves. You can't
force people to grow, they have to find their own path.
9. Since the Federal Reserve is a private corporation, we can't really abolish them, per se. We can, however, stop doing business with them. End
their contract with the government. The Coinage Act of 1792 says that the US Dollar should be 27 grams of silver, we should stick to that. Nobody,
not even the governmnet, should be able to "create" money out of thin air. It would put an end to all these ponzi schemes and fractional reserve
banking. Real money should be inflation-proof. A person should be able to retire on their savings without having to gamble their money in a rigged
10. Put an end to political correctness in the educational system and teach facts instead of propoganda. An educated American should understand why
the colonists fought for independence, what we were fighting for and what we won. Then there would be no question as to why we need the rights to
free speech, to bear arms, etc. They would understand why a limited federal government is necesary to a free people. They would understand why the
supreme law of the land is the Constitution and not the government. The Constitution is there to restrict the government, not the other way around.