What America really needs to do

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Theimp

1: All troops return home NOW! Not tomorrow, not 6 months or 3 years from now. TODAY! Make the call.

Be prepared to take heavy losses in this process. That many people, and that much infrastructure could not be simply brought home today. Either much would be abandoned, or it would be a long process.

3: All those troops that are no longer fighting BS wars? Put them on OUR border. Thanks and BYE drug cartel.

You honestly believe the corporations that make so much money off of the cartels would allow this to happen? And do you care about Posse Comitatus? Because you would be wiping you hind quarters with the posse comitatus act if you did this.

5: ALL FOREIGN AID STOPS! ALL OF IT! NOW! YES THAT INCLUDES ISRAEL!

And you would, in turn, be responsible for a genocide. Right, wrong, or indifferent, the poorest people of the world rely on u.s. aid to survive. I, for one, believe a GOOD nation helps those in need.

7: Tell China to go to hell, we have no debt. Invade if you have a problem with that (good luck, see rule 1).
Oh, they wouldnt invade. They wouldnt have to. Defaulting on debt would cause a ripple effect, culminating with a very few countries left out there that would trade with the u.s. Like it or not, the major economies of the world are now co-mingled, and doing something like this would ruin any faith in the u.s. Enjoy the 15 year period of utter turmoil, depression, and famine!

8: Tell the middle east to go to hell, we drill our own oil. Let the Brits nanny Israel, they created her.

So basically, let someone else deal with the problems we have created. Nice.

9: Abolish the Federal Reserve and back our currency with gold or silver.

I always love this one. Do you have any idea what this would do to the economy? You cant just 'abolish the fed'. Unless you were fine with the financial collapse that would follow.

10: Make sure everyone in this damn country understands the word treason. It seems not many people do.

I'm with ya on that, although, you are advocating the death of posse comitatus, so.....

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Ron Paul has taught me a great deal. I respect that man more than any other living man on this planet.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

People jump on those who are honest because they are not capable of being honest themselves. I swear to God if I was elected President of this country I would sit down on a daily basis with the people that chose to show up and discuss how we should proceed. Not elected "officials". Just show up and have a dialogue. That's the way this country should be run. That's the way any nation should be run. There is no royal blood or bullet proof glass. The president should be able to walk freely among the people if he is an honest man.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Theimp

I agree. It's all just a bunch of numbers in a banking computer anyway. One keystroke could reset our debt to zero.

The people on the very top have so much of this "money" that it isn't real to them either.

Truley poor people just steal stuff, and rich mofo's just hook eachother up for free. It's only the people in the middle that really care and use money. It really is the biggest scam ever.

Sometimes I think the people at the very top derrive amusement from watching the middle classes fight over the crumbs.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Why did you say that and why in the world did you get so many stars for it? I really would like to know.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

You did not say anything! What do you mean that's saying something?!?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I agree with the OP on all points. I'd like to say specifically that 'we the people' actually DO NOT owe debt to other countries, the Federal Reserve does. The Fed is a PRIVATE organization. You won't find it in the DC blue pages, its in the white pages below FedEx. They stole all the gold, and starting issuing out loans. The debt is theirs. Yes this will kill the dollar, but the way I see it, TPTB already doomed it to fail, they just want to be the ones to pull the plug and watch us circle down the drain.

This video aired on Russia's REN-TV (from what I gather has the same kind of following that Discovery/History/H2 has here in the states) Its mostly in Russian, but if you click the little CC at the bottom you can get English subtitles. It's called "Million Dollar Giveaway" and discusses elite secrets for making buku money and exposes the financial tyranny while attempting to begin to set the record/history straight

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Well,well....looks as though we have many "We Need to do this an that's". In reality people....The only thing we can do is work our bottoms off and (buy back) or (buy up) all the renewable resources,/lands that are being controlled.That is the only true and sensible way to reform our government.And keep economics on the table in a manner that is consistent with the economy that we as Americans dream of.As far as corruption....anyone with to much wealth or power seems to turn corrupt over time...or always was corrupt,just really astute about hiding it....whatever the case.It's always going to be good vs evil, both sides will have wins and losses but the most important thing to remember here it's that change ...true change, is only made through sacrifice of ones personal time,consistent devotion to valid goals related one's endeavor of change.In some cases this could also mean sacrificing your own life to achieve whatever goals one may have for the greater chance at procuring success for one's personal plans for change.One last thing.....I really like the movie Gladiator...lot's of great commentary,my favorite scene is where Maximus,the hero lay dying at the end his words echoing out through eternity as he spoke the words of the just Caesar whom was slain at the start of the film"There was once a dream that was Rome......etc etc...but you get the point where I am going with this?Once a dream of true freedom of the people in Rome is what made Rome great,same as such for the United States of America.....we were great...and we can be again.It's up to us and I quote the actor from the movie wanted"What have you done with your life lately?What have you done to set the wheels in motion for change?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theimp
I'm so sick of the politics in this country. We need some common sense solutions and since everyone always asks "what would you do different", here is what I would do day 1 as President:

1: All troops return home NOW! Not tomorrow, not 6 months or 3 years from now. TODAY! Make the call.
2: Close all foreign bases. Why do we need bases in Germany? Is Hitler coming back? Close them.
3: All those troops that are no longer fighting BS wars? Put them on OUR border. Thanks and BYE drug cartel.
4: Drug cartel? Americans are grown adults. Drugs are legal like they used to be in the 50s.
5: ALL FOREIGN AID STOPS! ALL OF IT! NOW! YES THAT INCLUDES ISRAEL!
6: All that new moneys? Invest it back into infrastructure, education and manufacturing (welcome back Detroit).
7: Tell China to go to hell, we have no debt. Invade if you have a problem with that (good luck, see rule 1).
8: Tell the middle east to go to hell, we drill our own oil. Let the Brits nanny Israel, they created her.
9: Abolish the Federal Reserve and back our currency with gold or silver.
10: Make sure everyone in this damn country understands the word treason. It seems not many people do.

I like the way you think. I offer some refinements.

1. After inauguration, I would call a meeting of the Joint Chiefs. Tell them that I want all troops in the Middle East home in time for a 4th of July barbeque. If they can't do that, turn in their resignations.

2. Other bases would be closed in a case by case basis. For starters, I would normalize relations with Cuba and renegotiate our treaty over Gitmo.

3. Use the returning military to establish bases along our borders. You know what would happen to illegal immigrants that wandered into Area 51? Also use those troops to establish military hospitals strategically located throughout the country. Civilians would have free access to those hospitals, with priority being given to active military and vets. Adjust training of new recruits to staff the new medical facilities. When these people leave the military, they will be able to get jobs in the medical profession rather than private mecenary corporations.

4. Some drugs like heroin and meth would still need to be illegal. They are just too detrimental to people. I don't remember who said it, but the penalty for the use of a drug should not be more severe than the use of the drug itself. People that use heroin or meth need treatment more than they need incarceration.

5. Yes, stop all foreign aid until we get our own economic house in order. The Vatican and other religious organizations can help those that truly need it. They have plenty of resources to help the poor, and, that's kind of what they are supposed to do anyway.

7. Across the top of our currency, is says "FEDERAL RESERVE NOTE". The debt is owned by the Federal Reserve Bank, let them pay it. More on this in 9.

8. The people in the Middle East have been fighting each other thousands of years before the US came along, and they will probably be fighting each other thousands of years after the US collapses. If and when they are ready for freedom or democracy, they will take it for themselves. You can't force people to grow, they have to find their own path.

9. Since the Federal Reserve is a private corporation, we can't really abolish them, per se. We can, however, stop doing business with them. End their contract with the government. The Coinage Act of 1792 says that the US Dollar should be 27 grams of silver, we should stick to that. Nobody, not even the governmnet, should be able to "create" money out of thin air. It would put an end to all these ponzi schemes and fractional reserve banking. Real money should be inflation-proof. A person should be able to retire on their savings without having to gamble their money in a rigged stock market.

10. Put an end to political correctness in the educational system and teach facts instead of propoganda. An educated American should understand why the colonists fought for independence, what we were fighting for and what we won. Then there would be no question as to why we need the rights to free speech, to bear arms, etc. They would understand why a limited federal government is necesary to a free people. They would understand why the supreme law of the land is the Constitution and not the government. The Constitution is there to restrict the government, not the other way around.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Just wanted to add:

11. No "dual-citizens" in government. What dipsnip thought it was a good idea to allow foreign nationals in government? Could you imagine people with Israel-Iran dual citizenship in the Israeli government?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I think what I really wanted to say with this thread was that we need more honest leaders in our world. People that aren't just in it to line their pockets. People that honestly have some dignity and want to help people, and that really shouldn't be so much to ask. Less corruption more humanity, please.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join