It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What America really needs to do

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I agreed with quite a few of those, except #7. When you borrow money from a country you can't just refuse to pay it on the grounds that they are more savvy and took all your industry.

Let's say two guys are self-employed plumbers in a small town. Plumber #1 owes plumber #2 $500 from a poker game or a lost bet or something. Plumber #2 is more skilled and better at his trade, and overall better at running his business, which results in everybody hiring him instead of plumber #1. Plumber #1 goes out of business due to lack of customers and exclaims "Like hell I'm paying that other guy the money I owe him. He took all my business!"

That's just a cop out.

Originally posted by Theimp
Canadians. I always liked Canadians and Australians. Shame they're both stuck in this British commonwealth thing.

And I hope we always are. I for one show gratitude to the nation that created my country. They may have gone about it the wrong way, but they still created it nonetheless.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

The English may have created Canada but they were far from the first or few to govern it. With that said, the American people do not owe this debt no matter who it is owed to. This is debt created basically out of thin air and the printing of self inflicted currency by an illegal and foreign central bank. The US Government, despite popular opinion, choose to spend this false money as they wish, and then claim that every born child is owed a debt. I call scam.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Right I think that's really the main problem here. We don't listen to the documents that we have. But do times change? Yes, and we've seen amendments passed proving this. But if we completely disregard the Constitution and Bill of Rights as "useless" or "old" then what do you really expect?

There should be ammendments as we grow as a nation.

The problem is not in those, but in how it is interpreted by those with a specific agenda. Then they base policy on those interpretations, and we as a nation just blindly follow and say, "Yup! That's what is meant in the Constitution!"

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Theimp

Politicians are a joke but as for Hitler returning, he never really left. Zionists just moved their attention to the USA and now it's your turn to cop a grilling. They are the ones you need to part ways with and fast.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

The Zionists know that if they part ways with the US too quick they end up in the middle of something they don't want to be in the middle of with no guard dog.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

7: Tell China to go to hell, we have no debt. Invade if you have a problem with that (good luck, see rule 1).

The US mentality in one line right there.

Just like Vietnam, you want to run away from the mess you created. There are many reasons why I hate every single American, this is one of them.

1: All troops return home NOW! Not tomorrow, not 6 months or 3 years from now. TODAY! Make the call.
2: Close all foreign bases. Why do we need bases in Germany? Is Hitler coming back? Close them.

Whilst you are at it, you can take back every single expat, tourist or any other type of US citizen, and your embassies.
edit on 29-3-2013 by Hatred because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Hatred

I've already explained in this thread why this debt is not one the American people need to hold on their shoulders. It was not created by us nor should it be paid by us.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

reply to post by Hatred

I've already explained in this thread why this debt is not one the American people need to hold on their shoulders. It was not created by us nor should it be paid by us.

Because that would take spine and backbone, two things foreign to your national mentality.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Hatred

It's not our debt, what more needs to be said?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

reply to post by Hatred

Yes it is, and if you have any honour at all, you'll pay it off.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hatred

reply to post by Hatred

Yes it is, and if you have any honour at all, you'll pay it off.

Honour? The honour begins by throwing out the corrupt garbage in power now and with it all debt that it's thrown on the shoulder's of it's people. You need to learn to separate hatred for scum Government and the people of said country.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hatred

7: Tell China to go to hell, we have no debt. Invade if you have a problem with that (good luck, see rule 1).

The US mentality in one line right there.

Just like Vietnam, you want to run away from the mess you created. There are many reasons why I hate every single American, this is one of them.

We created? You do realize that there have been protests in the US that helped turn the tide of public opinion and ended with the US withdrawing.

Maybe your Government allowed the US to "create" the problem. It's a two way street after all.

I don't agree with all the OP's points. I think that a line of communication needs and should be kept open.

“Commerce with all nations, alliance with none, should be our motto.” - Thomas Jefferson
edit on 29-3-2013 by TDawgRex because: need coffee

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Honour? The honour begins by throwing out the corrupt garbage in power now and with it all debt that it's thrown on the shoulder's of it's people. You need to learn to separate hatred for scum Government and the people of said country.

Absolutely not. You are your government and your government are you. I will never ever look to differentiate them.
edit on 29-3-2013 by Hatred because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Hatred

That's a shame because I, and a good number of Americans, completely disagree with the route our Government has been taking us on for the past 10-60 years now. The fact is, when it comes to career politicians, we really have no say and yet they act as if they speak for us. It's a corrupt system and we the people take the blame for it.

I'd honestly like to know the more deep seeded issue that you have so that we may discuss it.
edit on 29-3-2013 by Theimp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Theimp

What America really needs to do:

1.) Have a law that forbids any outsourcing, manufacturing etc. abroad in 3rld world countries. Jobs are not created in Swasiland, China or Timbuktu, but within the USA.

Problems solved.

The rest of what you listed is not even needed.

Problem: Will NEVER work since any real capitalist will want the freedom to produce and manufacture in the cheapest way possible. We (our capitalists, that is) are depending on 3rld world countries.

Your solutions are all absurd AS LONG as companies can still outsource and manufacture in those countries. And THIS is the most crucial thing which kills the economy, before anything else you listed.

Your flaw is looking at the government and military only, rather than where the real problem is.
edit on 29-3-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-3-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

reply to post by Hatred

That's a shame because I, and a good number of Americans, completely disagree with the route our Government has been taking us on for the past 10-60 years now. The fact is, when it comes to career politicians, we really have no say and yet they act as if they speak for us. It's a corrupt system and we the people take the blame for it.

That's lovely but I really couldn't care less. You are all one and the same.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Hatred

That's a real shame because I'm open to discussion.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Having a difference in opinion is one thing, refusing to explain why you have that difference in opinion is another. That is why you were defined as a troll.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

reply to post by Hatred

That's a real shame because I'm open to discussion.

Read a history book, starting from where you bankrupted us and ruined our nation just after the second world war, from then on it is just a cavalcade of hostility. I now view every single one of you as an enemy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join