It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea orders rockets on standby to hit US bases

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
This is a Mercator Projection map in the backround. Having actually worked in nuclear and missiles technology and being a navigator, I do know for certain that intercontinental missiles do not fly in straight lines on a Mercator Projection map.

In my opinion this propaganda map is developed and released by someone who does not understand military targeting, missiles, nor global navigation.

This is pretend military pre-planning.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEthicalSkeptic

Nice call! I hadn't even thought to blow up the image...I just already accepted it as propaganda, but yeah, that is pretty funny.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The image isn't meant for us. It's for the NK masses. As is everything else that the regime is doing.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sk8ter

2 months, Sorry no way, This war would go on for awhile,

No, deposing Un would take about 2 months...if you include the policing action, then yeah, years...but I have to think China would be involved at that point, insisting on a UN force for that.

, while we would hit hard and fast in the front door, China would hit our flank... China and Putin and NK would be a worthy foe,, You would see many fronts open up the theater of war would be spread out,,

There is NO reason to believe China or Russia would get involved if NK attacked SK, and we hit back.

All Putin as to do is hit our Oil supply in the mid east, and BAM are Economy is up in smoke.. There would be complete havoc in every State when our oil supply get hit.. We get most of our Oil from Mex and Can, But even with our huge supply of tight oil from the Bakken fields, we would need another 15 fields just like
Bakken, to just meet our daily demand.. and there is Zero chance at that,,,

If it EVER came to that (which it wouldn't), and the US felt that threatened, then none of it would matter, because we'd be slinging nukes at that point...and I really don't think Russia or China wants to see how that would play out (neither do I, frankly)....

So this is not just about NK its the others we better think long and hard about.. Not to mention if the other war cost 3 trillion what would the cost of this war be,, and who's going to pay for that... were so screwed !!

NK has made it pretty clear it's about NK and the US...as long as we ensure it stays that way, no reason others would get involved, unless we try to go for a democratic NK (which we won't). Who will pay? It's all bits and bytes...same place it always comes from.

edit on 29-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I want to throw out some conjectures here. I cant really understand the reasons why NK would do this other than to create respect for the new leader either to the world or his country or to pump everyone up and back down with some needed appeasement (food, resources,etc).

With China to consider I started thinking what if the Chinese are behind this. If they can come in as a peace keeping force it legitimizes them in the worlds eyes as a super power even more. Further more its possible China could be setting the north up to fall so that they could come in and capitalize or expand while coming out as the good guys. I am sure the west aren't the only ones to study Hegel so its a possibility there is much more going on than we realize.

Again just some speculations about the situation, thoughts?
edit on 29-3-2013 by NihilistSanta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

Add in the entire force of NATO and Nkorea/China has a problem..
because that is what will happen if there is strike or attempted strike on the USA or any of it's partners..
edit on 29-3-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Bro I'll get back to you later on this.. Have to go to work...

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
they - the pathetic ones - always have to keep the bugger man out there to perpetuate the death machine.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kanng

They know that new sanctions will weaken them, more and more, as the time is passing by...
That is a fact.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by SaltireWarrior

The Americans would never beat North Korea, "easily" that is just blind arrogance.

It took our western forces over 10 years to beat some poorly armed religious fanatics, never mind facing a country armed to the teeth with weaponry and with a standing army at over 4 million.

That is COMPLETELY inaccurate. The battle only took less than a month (invasion to Baghdad falling). The POLICE action is what took years (and something we had no business doing). NK is armed to the teeth, but mostly with weapons fought with by our grandfathers. Not sure where the 4 million figure is coming from, but even the 1.2 million isn't to be considered lightly.

It still won't be "easy" though, but it would be assured, and relatively quick (I'd estimate 2 months before all C&C is pretty much shot)..but we'd see far more casualties than we did in the Gulf wars.

To another:

draw the US attention away from their own surreptitious preparations for....

For? Killing off their biggest customer? Why, they are buying us off just fine....
edit on 29-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

For, Gazrok? While we're distracted, maybe making a full military claim over the South China Sea, and everything in it. Step on anyone in the region who disagrees. IE: Taiwan and Japan. While at the same time warning us not to retaliate using Nukes, even if/after NK levels Seoul, or Tokyo, or Anchorage, or Honolulu, or Seattle.

Meanwhile Russia, with Iran, Syria, Lebanon and Egypt make a play against Israel. Will we have the immediate assets to help in that theater? Thanks to Obama and liberal policies, our armed forces are stretched pretty thin as they are.

I wouldn't underestimate China. They're crazy like a fox. They make plans based on years long deliberations and preparations. Don't know that I'd want to play poker against them. Hard to read their expressions.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
Add in the entire force of NATO and Nkorea/China has a problem..
because that is what will happen if there is strike or attempted strike on the USA or any of it's partners..

True, instead of the US being vastly outmanned NATO would rival China/NK in terms of manpower, so they could have a problem, lol.

Anyway, it is rather pointless saberrattling... Presumably to just strengthen control of the NK general population. NK can threaten the world all they like but if they do attack their goverment will fall, plain and simple. China joining them? Seriously doubt it. There's nothing to profit from it. Quite the contrary, putting the current NK goverment out of commission might even stabilize the region. I'm a little surprised why there hasnt been coordinated "accidents" in their military structure yet...

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnBreakable

Originally posted by sk8ter
Know one will shut that little fat guy up..you know why, Cause he has a bad ass Brother no 2 brothers who can bring it.. That's China and Putin... Its those 2 who we have to think about,,, If any of you guys think for a minute that those guys won't respond don't worry they will and it won't be GOOD,, It took Bush and Obama 10 years in the other war,, how long would this one take,, Everybody's life would change over night.. If we did hit them even a little bit, all we would do is awake a sleeping Tiger and fill him with great resolve

Please. If it's China and Putin against USA, they know we know we're outnumbered militarily. If those two respond, they know we'll take them down with us and make the world uninhabitable for anyone. They're not stupid. They realize we enough have nukes to destroy the planet many times over, as do they. In that case they'll be no spoils for the victor.

That was the entire basis of the cold war. MAD - mutually assured destruction you pull the trigger -- we both die.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by openminded2011

No, that isn't how global wars start. This will remain a regional conflict. Even if NK does fire off a nuke, and by some miracle it gets through and detonates, US, UN, and SK forces will NOT use nukes in retaliation...mostly for fear of ticking off the neighbors, and for taking the political high road. Why would we squander that opportunity? We wouldn't.

They, probably, can not reach the land of USA, but, even Hawaii can be reached, and Indochinese and Pacific bases... Maybe, Alaska, too...

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

well it is not a missile path map but a weapons deployment map english.yonhapnews.co.kr... from the link

The Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) published a photo in which Kim is receiving briefings from four senior military officials, turning his back to a strategic operational map titled "The Strategic Forces' Plan to Strike U.S. Mainland" on the left and a list of major weapons written on the wall on the right. The list shows that North Korea has 40 submarines, 13 landing ships, six minesweepers, 27 support vessels and 1,852 aircrafts, with some of the numbers covered by senior officials.
so it not a missile flight path, but a list of what they could use on us, US SK Japan and where they would be most effective bet the subs are in sea of japan and heading east to Hawaiian islands.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
When will they shut him up? People in NK are starving while crazy man wants to play with war toys. Where do they get the funding from?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NihilistSanta

Again just some speculations about the situation, thoughts?

The only things China cares about North Korea is a) the ability to use them as a buffer between them and a potentially hostile pro-west neighbor b) propping them up just enough so the North Korean regime doesn't collapse and send millions of refugees flooding into China. Other than that they have gladly shown they don't care what North Korea does just as long as it doesn't drag them into anything. Developing nukes, massive famile, sinking a S. Korean destroyer, you will notice that China has absolutely no opinion on any of this other than asking everyone to remain calm. This is just another way of saying "let's just keep the status quo".

China isn't stupid. Although they enjoy seeing the US miitary being taken down a peg or two, China likes money just as everyone else does so they do NOT want to alienate their US civilian trading partners, and they know full well any war provoked by North Korea would drag them into a conflict they don't want either (the history books always gloss over this but Chinese forces received a horrible mauling during the Korean war too). Before I see any actual war between the US and North Korea, I see an invasion of North Korea by the Chinese to sieze control of the government the same way the Soviet Union invaded Czechoslovakia. There are already Chinese troops in North Korea, but they're far inland and not in any location that would aid in North Korean combat operations. However, they ARE in locations where they could sieze strategic cities within North Korea so I have to believe the idea had crossed the Chinese leaders' minds once or twice.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The U.S. strategy in this case seems to be to wait and see if they actually do something to give us a valid excuse to clean house. Sucks that US/South Korea/Japan will take the first hit if anything happens, but consider it this way - it tends to look bad if you punt a yapping pomeranian over the fence unless he bites you first.

In other cases where the U.S. has been more pre-emptive, other regional parties and groups within the targeted countries gave the go ahead. Maybe not publically, but some diplomatic wires and such that have been revealed have given some insight into what was going on. (Bradley Manning, Wikileaks, LolSec, Anon hacks, etc.)

The reason why we're not doing anything other than that, is that it's an appeal to China and Russia. Otherwise business would have been taken care of as in the recent past. But Russia and China wont be able to say or do much as a diplomatic counter if NK makes the first move.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 2ndthought

I wouldn't underestimate China. They're crazy like a fox. They make plans based on years long deliberations and preparations. Don't know that I'd want to play poker against them. Hard to read their expressions.

I don't underestimate them...but at the same time, the actions you describe are basically going to trigger no choice but a nuclear exchange, and no way is China going to risk that.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov warned of a "vicious circle" and told all sides to avoid unilateral action.

www.bbc.co.uk...

I fear he is right I just hope both sides listen to him.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

You're joking, right? Diesel submarines? They don't even have the range to get here! (or Hawaii). Not even on TWO full gas ups.....

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join