It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do we change the corrupt government??? Suggestions please.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
You mean real corruption like big oil and the NRA's influence?

Or fake corruption like Obama's the devil?

If its the second one it's easy;
Break your AM radio and turn off FOX "news".

Your'e on the right track -- this thread started out FIX THE CORRUPTION the corruption that everyone knows is happening.

The first task would be to identify the so called corruption. For that you will get crickets.
edit on 28-3-2013 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550

Originally posted by sealing
You mean real corruption like big oil and the NRA's influence?

Or fake corruption like Obama's the devil?

If its the second one it's easy;
Break your AM radio and turn off FOX "news".

Your on the right track -- this thread started out FIX THE CORRUPTION the corruption that everyone knows is happening.

The first task would be to identify the so called corruption. For that you will get crickets.

thats easy, Obama and Co.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
....And that is my point Obama and Co is not an answer yet many will sit around the campfire with slack jaws and nod knowingly

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
You change it when you stop cheating on your taxes, cheating on your wives, when you stop watching stuff you shouldn't, when you think of others more than yourself, when you stop pushing the boundaries of decency, when you step in to defend someone who cannot defend themselves, when you take charge of your own neighborhood, when you love your family more than money, when you help the old neighbor across the street, when you tell some young twit to mind his language in the street etc etc etc. ("Oh but I'll get beaten up if I challenge someone" I hear some whimps say. Well then keep the status quo and shut up then!)

When you as an individual do the above and more, and everyone else does it, then eventually those people will get into government and government will change.

But get this. The government of the USA and other countries is just a reflection of the heart of the majority of the people in the end.

How do you change the government? Change yourself first !

edit on 28-3-2013 by pacifier2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by djbj597922

Unite, fight, sacrifice, blood, tears... You will not change anything with these people unless you are willing to die for it. This is where we are at right now. Those people do not negotiate when it comes to their power. You fight them or sit back and shut up. Its pretty simple as harsh as it may sound.

Peaceful protesting is a waste of time, what has anyone achieved by blocking roads and holding up ridiculous signs? Too me it's not even about "Corrupt Government". You get rid of one under this system and another one will be installed. They either all go or we may aswell just continue the way we are. I'm not just speaking about the USA, this is rampant all over the West. There is going to come a time where we will have no other option but to fight back, we are only delaying the inevitable.. Things may seem like paradise in society but the truth is we are in deep s**t and I don't care what anyone says.. Its us or them.

edit on 28-3-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Large non-violent protests outside the capital building. Daily protests, not a weekend thing. The media also has to get on board. You have to make a presence, to make our elected officials realize the public is demanding a change. Right now all politicians see is "out of sight out of mind." It was effective during the civil rights movement, and during the Vietnam anti-war protests.

People also have to stand together and ignore the party lines. Create a list of demands that we want changed, any politician who continues to ignore these demands should be voted out of office, democrat, republican or independent. Their names should be publicly announced and put online for all to see. The media should also announce this list to put pressure on our representatives.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

OK, let's be honest with ourselves here. The Media are not our friends so they are not going to get behind a bunch of protesters. They will most likely label you an extremist or something, either way, they will find a name for you. The time of protesting is over, Occupy? Where did that get everyone? These puppets don't serve your interests, they serve their own and who ever is above them. If you wan't change that is going to bring your country back, don't expect Them to do it for you. Because they wont.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

How do we change the corrupt government???

First of all, the problem ISN'T just the government.

It goes FAR beyond that...

The governments have been infiltrated and subverted but it involves EVERY other area as well.

Most can't handle that kind of truth.

As long as the PEOPLE are corrupt, the government will be as well..

WE have brought all this upon ourselves.

Until people realize that fact and turn their eyes back towards God, nothing will improve.

When you mention that a 'satanic cult' is behind it all that's where you lose the other 99%.

One group and one group alone is responsible for virtually all wars and bloodshed on the face of this planet. The Synagogue of Satan

Eustace Mullins sums it up better than anyone else:

"After forty years of patient study of the crises which faces humanity, I arrived at a very simple conclusion-all conspiracies are Satanic! ~ Eustace Mullins in his Preface to 'The Curse of Canaan'

"In fact, I point out that all the conspiracies in history - especially during the last 5000 years - are actually different aspects of the same conspiracy. Some people fixed on one aspect of the conspiracy, and say this is the problem, others say another thing, but the thing is all the conspirators work together. All the conspirators are part of the same operation. And this is what people find very reluctant." - Eustace Mullins

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Through ART and the available mass media influence of the Digital Information Age.

Here is an excellent article detailing the avenue to pursue:

Youtube, Digital Music and the Next New Sound

If we speak the universal language and educate while doing so, there is no stopping the human spirit and what can be done.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

We could do what that town in Mexico is doing? Just saying....

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

I have a serious suspicion that you do not understand how the political processes function in real life...

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
How do you change things in Western democracies? Influence and mass attention, demand, and votes - emotional and wholly involved votes that cannot be ignored due to political and social pressure.

How do you get this?

First, understand that "votes" and socio-political pressure take time and the need to think on generational timescales. This also means especially education or prolonged cultural influence.

In other words, you need to understand that the youth is indoctrinated and first be willing to work with that, then understand their natural drives (such as sex and power or influence) and how to appeal to them, and then to the natural drive for knowledge, and then to your agenda. How do you do this??

What interests the current youth? The answer is video games and video as well as music and the classic natural things like sex and escapism. Therefore, utilize the mass means provided by the technological society, delivered in the appropriate means, to both fulfill youthful hunger AND deliver your message. By doing so you gain the votes and socio-political influence necessary to acheive your ends. You need only then have a handful of liberty-loving individuals in position, as well, to carry the mass desire forward. In other words, "art" is your answer, for it is not merely national, but global, which is the future - like it or not.

Think ahead, and use the means provided you - like chess.

The key is to provide the youth with something they never get via government indoctrination but always want - REAL useful and practicle knowledge (the natural human desire for freedom and individual liberty is greater than indoctrination). - give them truth and make it interesting and exciting. Prey, as the controllers do, on natural desires, but in a constructive way for the proper ends. Make them aware and knowledgable! Make them into individuals rather than cyborgs!!! "Art" is how you do this. Give them what they already want, but in the way they want it rather than indoctrinated - no force can fight that!

Your answer is FREE SPEECH and EXPRESSION. Use it and encourage it. The first step is informing others, but the next step is getting them involved - both can be done through ART, and the rest happens on its own. Have some faith in the human spirit and what it is capable of and what it WANTS.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

As long as the PEOPLE are corrupt, the government will be as well..

This is not completely true, if it was there would be no hope at all...

There are indeed systems of government that are corruption proof, my favorite is consensus (or for Americans, the clear state of non-opposition). More can be designed using game theory.
edit on 28-3-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
just something i read somewhere, but can,t the people of a town or city call back their representative if a certain number of people sign a declaration,i,m not 100% on this,but as i say it rang a bell somewhere,hope it helps.i,m sure it happened not so long ago.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes
One Senator and Representative at a time!

Second line.

This. It's not too late to reform our government through voting and hiring better politicians. Rand Paul recently brought attention to drone warfare and civil liberties when no one else was talking about it in the MSM. He might just be a better politician. Not perfect certainly, but we need more people protecting civil liberties and we can find them and elect them.

We also need to use the internet to help. Rand Paul got so much attention partly because of social media. People saw it on Facebook and Twitter and passed it along. You only have to look at Bernie Sanders recent filibuster to see that they can easily be ignored, but Paul's was not.

The internet can also be a powerful fundraiser. Kickstarter has proven how like minded people can make things happen. If we had Kickstarters to get unlikely candidates a jump start and raise money for counter lobbying groups in Washington we could finally fight back against the myriad of lobbying firms fighting against our interests.

tl;dr, Elect better leaders. Use the internet to find, promote and fund them as well as lobbying groups for our interests instead of the current lobbying giant enveloping DC.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by djbj597922
How do we change the corruption that is clearly taking place in the American government? How do we get back to following the constitution and equality? How do we change the people in power? Obviously its not through voting, because anyone who has done any research knows that doesn't matter one bit. How do we get back to when honest people told true stories. Ideas is what I'm looking for. Does anyone have a good idea how to make this happen, because as of now our government is paramount to the mafia and the people in charge are above the law. Suggestions please!

Stop paying taxes. Quit your job and go on welfare. Silent protest.

The other way is way more violent... but also alot quicker.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Couple real suggestions:

1. Term limits
2. Try to even out election spending so the rich do not have an advantage. Perhaps limit tv ads and paid advertisng.
3. Stop nepotism in government hiring
4. Have the officials at the Federal and State level in charge of corruption start doing their job.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by djbj597922
Obviously its not through voting, because anyone who has done any research knows that doesn't matter one bit. How do we get back to when honest people told true stories.

It would work but this is a psychological hold not a physical hold. Most people don't think the government is corrupt. Make people aware.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Stop voting them in.

Otherwise you're stuck with the task of neutering the current government-employed individuals. They don't like it when you take away their powers to spawn evil.

It's a big two-way mirror problem, the overseers behind the camera, and it keeps getting worse with concepts like "asymmetrical warfare". Government has developed a big phobia about the mainstream non-government people. Even about their own kind, government is terrified.

Laws for easy disposal of corrupt ones might work. Get rid of the professional bias that government workers give to other government workers in other departments and tiers of government. It's almost like certain government workers need malpractice insurance in order to maintain their practice.

One of the biggest hurdles is the complaint process. What is it, lobby with attorneys or protest peacefully? Protesting is becoming more dangerous with the way law enforcement is mutating.

It would be so neat if government job positions were given on a bid process. Not sure about lowest bidder but what if it went that way?

Installing more windows in buildings and eliminating passwords to government files to the national public would do wonders. Have little cameras in government offices, put it on the Internet. On TV instead of the weather update, have a government update. "Today your representative is doing this in his office, lets go see..."

Hold off their paychecks until their last day of office. Or pay on performance.

These are all complicated ways. In history, people have gotten rid of corrupt government by killing them out. Still complicated, because my morals get the best of me.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

Neither do most politicians.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join