It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post the video(s) of the songs that you feel personify your life-past and present.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Here's some of mine.I would love to see+hear yours.Feel free to say why,but if it's too personal,no words are required.

The first one is a bit personal,the second one relates to my childhood,and the third about my lifelong battle with depression and feelings of alienation and disconnect.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The past few months after my divorce.

Now cos I feel happy ish.

Cool thread oh and Luka what a tune

edit on 28-3-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

This one i relate too so well,because it personifies the stage of my life where i finally realised that no man-or woman-can make one happy-it is the one thing only you yourself can do-you have find happiness,or at least peace and contentment in yourself.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Thank you very much boymonkey74-the Johnny Cash song really touched my heart-i am glad that you're starting to feel a bit better.My genuine best wishes that you will heal completely in time,and meet some one to be happy with again.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

I love that U2 song even though I don't like U2..

This Green Day Song kills me. It reminds me of so many things. Missing being young, Having some vague idea that society forgot about my generation.. A feeling I came to late to the party.. Nostalgia and being Lost all rolled into one. A beginning Life Crisis..

"
And there's nothing wrong with me
This is how I'm supposed to be
In a land of make believe
That don't believe in me

Everyone is so full of #
Born and raised by hypocrites
Hearts recycled but never saved
From the cradle to the grave

We are the kids of war and peace
From Anaheim to the Middle East
We are the stories and disciples of
The Jesus of Suburbia

Land of make believe
And it don't believe in me
"

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

I love Green Day too,my whole family does
Thank you Dustytoad-very good lyrics indeed!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

My early years.............

Present day , only John Denver song I ever liked..............

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I don't like Mariah Carey much at all,but this song has good lyrics,a friend made me listen to this during a very dark time of my life,so it does remind me that horrible times do pass-and to hang in there.I LOVE Billy Idol-this song has just always made me feel optimistic and cheerful.Also i have always been a bit of a loner,and it speaks to me of being happy and being able to enjoy life all by yourself,as much as when one chooses to mix with other people.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Aawww thanks rockyM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love Creedence-always have,always will! You put a big smile on my face with this specific song-i was instantly taken back in time to a summer holiday with my friend Amy+her parents,when i grew up in a suburb of Cape Town.We went to a resort on the West Coast,and her parents played this song a lot,along with some other oldies but goodies.That's where i got my first hickey-from an older guy who called himself Elvis-complete with the hairstyle,tight jeans and leather jacket
i was still innocent then,so luckily the hickey was as far as it went-good memories!

Here's a Creedence song that brings tears to my hubby's eyes sometimes-bittersweet+priceless memories of when he was a soldier in our Border War.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Yeah it is hard and this song tells you how my life is going with the ladies

WARNING THE ODD SWEAR WORD.

Just having no luck
Do women just want guys with money and a mega job at the moment, been many years since I have dated.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

This song reminds me of those conflicts...............

Deep deep song.
edit on 28-3-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

My life right now, amongst other things ~

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Thank you,my hubby was watching too,he also really appreciated this

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

WHAT A COOL SONG!!!ah thank you very much for introducing me to this-just excellent,such profound yet simple truths in there! we really enjoyed this.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by hhcore

The link says video does,nt exist? Or is that how you feel right now? i hope not,but if you do,i've certainly been there
also.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
reply to post by Logos23

WHAT A COOL SONG!!!ah thank you very much for introducing me to this-just excellent,such profound yet simple truths in there! we really enjoyed this.

That's exactly how I feel about it.....but you're never quite know if other people get the same out of a song as you do as music is a very personal thing.....so I'm delighted you got something out of it too

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Your vid made me think of this song from the excellent cd "Jagged little pill"- how many times do they tell one "I will love you till i die" then after they dump you,i don't see any coffins or weepy relatives

Seriously though bm,there are lots of women who still go for a guy that makes them happy,not by dishing out gifts,cash,jewellery,flashy restaurants+clubs,the best cars+homes..but rather makes them feel good about themselves,makes them laugh,KINDNESS,makes them feel they have a friend who has their back,who is on their side no matter what,someone who they can grow old with,without having to look their best/put their best foot forward all the time.Because the sleek,model-handsome/wealthy guys,expect a lot-they usually want model types without much personality,who has to conform to their expectations,in looks and behaviour-and i'm sure it must be an enormous pain in the ass having to live with such a person! Any woman who is someone You would want to grow old with,would want you to give of yourself in love and friendship,way and far more than in any material way.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

This is odd 2nd time today someone has told me to listen to a song and I have just finished listening to it

Yeah I know it will take time to find someone new and worthy of me
, I have a mini fanclub at work with the young girls and 3 of them have asked me out but heck Iam old enough to be their dad lol....been there with 19 year olds and I hated it then lol.
I wish I could just get Redheads outa my mind I fall for them big time

Oh and cheers for your kind words of wisdom

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
This song is from a very popular TV series from my country,from quite a few years ago.Valiant Swart is his stage name,he is a musician,his real name is Pierre Nolte.The song is in my other language,Afrikaans-"n hawelose lewe" translates as a life with no harbour,a life cast adrift.So when he sings:die eensaamheid van n hawelose lewe-it means "The immense loneliness of a life cast adrift,without a harbour in which to shelter from the storms of life" This was very much the anthem for how i felt most of my life.

edit on 28-3-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join