It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Carrey's anti-gun spoof on Funny Or Die draws fire, Carrey reacts to critics on Twitter

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420

Originally posted by Instructoralpha
Jim Carrey is a Canadian.

No disrespect to Canadians in general....just stating that as he is not an american, i could care less what his views and opinions about the 2nd Amendment are.

That's like me telling British Parliament what to do with the UK...

or Piers Morgan telling us why we dont need AR-15s....wait....what?

I pretty much don't let anyone in hollywood sway my decisions or affect me, american actors or not. Most of them dont know # from shinola about the "regular" people who live in this country.

You may want to fact check.

Dual citizenships aside, of course he just did something controversial...he has a movie coming out soon.

If that is what passes for satire these days.... thats sad in itself. It was like Jones' sad little stab at satire.

The guy is annoying as they come. I never could stand watching him... it felt like watching a mentally ill person make an ass of themself every time he tried to be funny or "act".
ANyway, nail on the head here. He is trying to stay relevant aka attention whoring due to the movies coming out. For some.. ANY press is good press.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Here's the rebuttal video...Enjoy!

It's sad world we live in now a days...Some people will do anything to sell a book...including talking out their ass.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Hypocrite:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Instructoralpha

Yes, yes countries should stop telling other countries what to do.

Hey Middle east.. wait what!?

lol.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Just more political mindless drivel from another has been hollywood idiot. Jim, You were once a very talented guy that I respected a lot, but in the grand scheme of things nobody gives a damn about what you think. ~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

When was his last good movie anyway? What was it, 2000?

Wow...., i heard a Fox new reporter say these exact lines.. do people who watch that garbage religiously have a mind of their own?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

He has a movie coming out, and what he did to get media attention was smart, better yet, people who hate him are promoting him without realizing lol.

I liked his old movies better, but i ain't hating the guy for his stance lol.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
‘Do we possess [color=gold]banks in America or do [color=gold]banks possess us?’”

Thanks Jim !!!

I've been wondering how to phrase that,
just right.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
OK, I just saw the video and I....
Not at the video, that was M'eh. At the brouhaha that it produced. Jeez, it's ironic that another Canadian would say these words:

You want to complain about content that is objectionable? Check out those All in the Family reruns. That'll curl your toes. Everyone is so damn sensitive today.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
He has a movie coming out, and what he did to get media attention was smart, better yet, people who hate him are promoting him without realizing lol.

Quite the contrary my friend, most people who support the 2nd Amendment like me will not pay money to watch any of his films, nor will they allow their children to either. I call that career suicide. It would have been much more wiser had he just kept his mouth shut about such a touchy political issue.

I liked his old movies better, but i ain't hating the guy for his stance lol.

So do I, Liar Liar was a great movie. I can remember first watching him on In living color, he was great. Of course it is your right to not mix politics with entertainment. I do the same when it comes to music, so I understand that. ~$heopleNation
edit on 29-3-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I found the video very distasteful and not at all amusing.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I agree with you intrepid. Seems like much ado about nothing. I think America should do something about their gun problem, but I think it's too late. There are too many guns out there already and I don't know what else you could do. Background checks sounds good but people could have mental problems after. It also is not always people with mental problems shooting people. As far as the Jim Carrey video, I like him but the vid is not funny. I don't have a problem of him making fun of Charlton Heston, I just don't really see the comedy in it. Didn't make me laugh. Nice try Jim, but if this is the best you could come up with, you should be writing for this seasons SNL.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Certainly you see the irony in criticizing someone for watching something that you admit to having watched, right?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
Meh, a b list actor complaining abiut somthing like anyone cares what he has to say.....lol.

Quite a few people do, apparently, judging from the reactions here on ATS and in right-wing media..

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ezwip
I found the video very distasteful and not at all amusing.

IMO ~ Anything that guy does is distasteful and he has never been amusing!

I have no desire to watch the video. I cant stand to look at his mug.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Who does this guy think he is......... Bruce almighty?

Time for a dose of bumblebee tuna jim

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

By the way, he's working on 2 movies that will be released this year and next year.

Dead career? I don't think so

That all depends on "IF" anyone cares to pay to see them.

I can assure you, I wont be one of them!

Has nothing to do with his views either.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

It’s rarely celebrities on the way up who spend their time trolling for attention. They may show up to make faux sincere ‘demand a plan’ videos, but they don’t throw semi-literate tantrums on Twitter. Usually. It’s usually those who are on the way down.

Paying attention to them should go under the same rules as paying attention to any troll. You may be scoring points, but you’re also feeding the trolls. Some points may be worth feeding the troll. Some trolls may not be worth feeding under any circumstances

Jim Carrey is pushing 50 and trying to be relevant to a new generation. And so far he has failed very badly. The old Jim Carrey talked out of his a**. The new Jim Carrey launches liberal political diatribes on Twitter and stars in political videos for Will Ferrell. You can respond to it, but just remember that you’re helping the “reinvention” of Jim Carrey’s image. And if that reinvention fails, look for him to show up as the wacky neighbor on a Canadian sitcom near you..

frontpagemag.com...(FrontPage +Magazine+%C2%BB+All)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
does Jim Carey have private security- is any of his security armed?

If so, who is he to tell some single working class mother that she can't own a firearm for defence

Hypocritical nonsense

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Credenceskynyrd

Jim Carrey Tweets That He Has an Armed Bodyguard

www.ihatethemedia.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join