It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If homosexual marriage is a Right, why can't I have multiple wives? (Being Serious NO CAT TALK)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

Why limit your marriage to multiple wives. Next you will want to include your pets and livestock.

As long as they agree; I have no problem with it.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
As a man that was once married I have to say this...

Anyone who wants to have more than ONE wife is certifiably insane and desperately needs to be heavily medicated.

The argument against people wanting to marry another consenting adult is absurd in my opinion, every person has the god given right to be trapped in a loveless sham of a marriage and inevitably go through a horrific and devastating divorce.

Marriage in the United States (and throughout the "civilized" world) is an economic contract anyway, any adult should be free to enter into this contract with any partner that agrees to said contract.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
See what I'm trying to bring up is the degredation of the original accepted western institution of marriage. Not saying it's good or bad. Just wondering where you draw the lines? At more than one person or dare I say what I said before... no I won't say it.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
IMO the government should not be involved in marriage at all. I should not have to buy a "marriage license" from the government in order to be legally married. If I want to get married in a church and have it sanctioned by my religion, fine, but that's my choice. If we got the government out of the marriage business, all this LGBT marriage stuff would be moot. It's much ado about nothing.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
If I can afford to keep more than one wife in a decent manner why should'nt I. I have found that having more than one woman makes them stay thin, and pleasant. It is a win win situation as making me happy, and satisfied has a positive effect on them. Or to put it another way keeping me satisfied satisfies women's natural hypergamous instinct.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Why not just keep it out of the legal system altogether (including benefits to married people re IRS)?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Imagine 39 of them yelling....oh god!
The Man With 39 Wives.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

Awesome argument I 100% agree. Oh yeah and my GF has some pretty cute sisters so can I have actual, real, "sister-wives"? Wives that really are sisters?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TriForce

Jeez man, one wife was enough for me to put up with.. Why in the hell would you want multiple ones?

as TriForce says, Why the hell would you want more than one,
I was just about to post that until I wisely read down first. any man that want more than 1 wife must be god in sane man, how the 4ck could you afford the battle unless you think that you are above the average guy.. nah once you got one that should be enough,

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

If you have the resources then it is yours for the taking.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Having multiple wives is frowned upon by the bulk of society, as gay marriage was, and still is by many.

Gather mass amounts of men that feel violated by the fact that they can't have their polygamy and see what happens lol. Afterall, that's what freedom is all about, right?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Facing more than one woman with PMS a month makes a man exeptional enough to deserve some extra carnal gratification.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I don't get how the two things are connected. They're two separate laws describing two completely separate issues. Maybe someday there will be enough polygamists to band together to claim their civil rights and change the law, who knows. It's none of my business what people want to believe and do, I have my hands full trying to figure out my own life.
edit on 27-3-2013 by primalpainter because: mispell

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Very Sharp, correct answer.

My sisters husband (from Middle East ) took a second wife, She has returned to America. Single.

It ain't what it is cracked up to be,,, ask anyone who has multiple wives.

But, like said, if they can remove the laws current, then gain support for the cause,,, I personally would have no problem with it,, as long as Tax Dollars stay out of the 'family'.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I'm guessing most people who are ok with polygamy are guys wanting multiple women. What if it was the other way round, women with multiple husbands? You all ok with that? You can't be for one way without the other.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen23

It ain't what it is cracked up to be,,, ask anyone who has multiple wives.
[/quote

Damn, can you imagine? The bitching, the moaning, the whining, the mood swings, the jealousy between the wives, the hypochondria and the neediness... All multiplied by how ever many wives you choose to have.
The thought alone, will give me nightmares the rest of the week.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swing80s
You wanted me to be serious, now I'm being serious since my OP got moved to the trash. If homosexual marriage is a US right, or SHOULD be a US right according to some. Why can't marriage between multiple consenting adults be legal? Why would I, or Mormons, or whoever, be they individuals, a religion, or a community have to move to Mexico or Canada to practicae polygamy? If we are going to break down the original institution of marriage then why can't I have sister wives in all seriousness? If I can care and provide for them, then why should it be illegal because my same rights are being violated as the rights of homosexuals that want to get married.

You have a "very" valid argument! Even though I'm nor for or against anything really. I think it all comes down to perceived traditions and customs here in America as a whole. That's what is really being challenged and of coarse the will of the voting majority in the State Of California.
edit on 27-3-2013 by IntelRetard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
A harem of sexy, legally-bound men... mmm!

Know what I think would be really interesting? Is if the law allowed for everyone to have three spouses. Imagine your wife having two other husbands, and you having two other wives. And all of them having three spouses themselves.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

Or imagine a bisexual man and a bisexual woman each having 3 different bisexual husbands and wives and then each of those bi husband and wives having 3 other bi husbands and wives and then and then...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join