It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If homosexual marriage is a Right, why can't I have multiple wives? (Being Serious NO CAT TALK)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I find it ironic so many people in this thread have said no because of tax dollars or it's ok as long as I don't have to pay for it. News flash, what do you call a single mother of 4,5, or more kids all from different fathers being supported by the State? And don't tell me it's rare, you walk into any welfare office in any city and you will find more women getting "tax dollars" as opposed to trying to find women wanting to be in a "poly" marriage.

If your only objection is tax dollars that's not a valid one. And since religion and not sexual preference is protected by the Constitution, I think Poly marriage should be just as allowed if not more so than homosexual marriage.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swing80s
You wanted me to be serious, now I'm being serious since my OP got moved to the trash. If homosexual marriage is a US right, or SHOULD be a US right according to some. Why can't marriage between multiple consenting adults be legal? Why would I, or Mormons, or whoever, be they individuals, a religion, or a community have to move to Mexico or Canada to practicae polygamy? If we are going to break down the original institution of marriage then why can't I have sister wives in all seriousness? If I can care and provide for them, then why should it be illegal because my same rights are being violated as the rights of homosexuals that want to get married.

In a Free country as we pretend to be... the government should in NO WAY be involved in our personal relationships. Civil unions for legal purposes is all the Feds or Government should be involved with if anything, and no limits with who you want to make a family with (other than underage children etc...) Marriage is a religious term and should not be controled or touched by the government.
edit on 27-3-2013 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

King Solomon had... seven hundred porcupines...
Well, obviously, they had to make up for Egypt somehow.
Ancient Egypt was inhabited by mummies...

(Google Richard Lederer...)

Joke aside, I have no problems if you have several wives. As long as one of them does not turn out to be mine.

In which case we would have a few things to discuss...

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent008
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Imagine 39 of them yelling....oh god!
The Man With 39 Wives.

Imagine 39 husbands all remodeling the same house on the same day...
If I were the wife, I'd rather change countries.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven

Originally posted by Swing80s
You wanted me to be serious, now I'm being serious since my OP got moved to the trash. If homosexual marriage is a US right, or SHOULD be a US right according to some. Why can't marriage between multiple consenting adults be legal? Why would I, or Mormons, or whoever, be they individuals, a religion, or a community have to move to Mexico or Canada to practicae polygamy? If we are going to break down the original institution of marriage then why can't I have sister wives in all seriousness? If I can care and provide for them, then why should it be illegal because my same rights are being violated as the rights of homosexuals that want to get married.

In a Free country as we pretend to be... the government should in NO WAY be involved in our personal relationships. Civil unions for legal purposes is all the Feds or Government should be involved with if anything, and no limits with who you want to make a family with (other than underage children etc...) Marriage is a religious term and should not be controled or touched by the government.
edit on 27-3-2013 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

What makes you think marriage is a religious term?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I have a valid question along these lines. What happens If/when ALIENS (not of this earth) Arrive.

will marriage be legal to them??

what if they are asexual, (either having both sexes or having no sex at all ie. cloning )

will it be legal to "marry" them?

I have no problem with polygamy, I used to live with 3 women at one time, none of us were married and it was great for the 4 years it lasted, then I was released from active duty....

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

IMO the government should not be involved in marriage at all. I should not have to buy a "marriage license" from the government in order to be legally married.

The problem is, that the big three organized religions view homosexual marriage and homosexuality itself as an abomination. Therefore, LGBT people cannot get married in a church, and must find an alternative.

The state has always recognized marriage for obvious reasons. (inheritance for one) the state being involved in marriage goes back thousands of years to before the Roman Empire.

If I want to get married in a church and have it sanctioned by my religion, fine, but that's my choice.

Yes, it's fine, and it is your choice.

If we got the government out of the marriage business, all this LGBT marriage stuff would be moot. It's much ado about nothing.

Actually the problem would still exist, and GLBT people would have no option in the matter. Most churches wouldn't preform same sex marriages. and two people who love each other would be denied the legal contract they desire because the clergy would deny them.

The easiest way to put it is, "If you are against gay marriage, don't marry someone who is the same gender as you." It really is quite simple.

I don't care what adult you choose to marry. Just as I don't care what adult another adult of the same gender chooses to marry. It does not negatively affect my life in the slightest .

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Most churches wouldn't preform same sex marriages

Oh but there are plenty of homosexual priests. Problem is, I dont think the law allows marriage between young boys and men.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The end result of federal laws on this will be the systematic destruction of the church. They will be sued out of existence. There has already been 2 church's sued to date over their refusal to allow a gay marriage on their property which they rented for functions. This is part and parcel of the self fullfilling prophecy of the percecution of Christianity.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

People should be allowed do whatever the f**k they like so long as it harms no other person or living thing.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

double postage
edit on 27-3-2013 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Reply to post by KBadger

Sure, if you can find a guy who will consent with that arrangement. One of the males is going to the cuckold in that house.

Good luck on your quest!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Y'all are nuggin futz*.

Am I really the first guy to point out that gay marriage
does not equate morally to polygamy?

It simply shows that you see gay marriage as an aberration
and somehow that gives you the excuse to act nf*.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

So suing the church is "persecution" of christianity?

This gets stupider by the day.

I would be more in favor of the use of fire, bears or lions when it comes to persecution, but hey, I'm a bit of a traditionalist.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Reply to post by sealing

Are you saying a man can't love his multiple wives? Seems pretty stone hearted.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
So long as they are consenting adults of sound mind I do not have problem with it. The logistics of benfits and such would be a paper work nightmare but, frankly its none of mine or anyone elses buisness.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Reply to post by seabhac-rua

Same concept, different means of trial. You can argue scale if you want.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenGlassDoor

Which would you prefer? Let me get out my 'Executioner Of The Inquisition' lexicon and we'll see what torture would curl your pinkies, or would you rather a lawsuit and a small stress induced migraine.

The gilded-in-gold catholic church has pockets deeper than the Laurentian Abyss, they and most other god squad ensembles can handle a court case or two easily, but drag their fat asses to the burning stake and you'll find they have no issue with who marries who.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join