It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If homosexual marriage is a Right, why can't I have multiple wives? (Being Serious NO CAT TALK)

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

Polygamy is illegal in Canada, as well as Mexico.

I don't know why you would want to disappoint more than one woman though. Can you imagine the nagging?

Polygamy is an issue revolving around abusive, dangerous environments for both the "wives" and the "children."

I understand not all of the polygamist families deal with these issues, but it has it's illegal status because of this.

If you're okay with the idea of multiple wives you must also be okay with the idea of multiple husbands, and the same will then have to apply for gay and lesbian couples as well.

So if you have two wives and your second wife decides to get married to another man while still married to you, that would be legal and you must accept that as she would have to accept you having another wife.

You sound a little selfish personally and I imagine the latter would bother you quite a bit, it would bother me. How ever I see no reason, a man and a man, or man and a woman, or woman and a woman can not be married.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Gays make up for roughly about 1.8% of the population. A microscopic minority. Polygamists are probably less than that, so, why should Americans change the system for a select few? It makes no sense to me. I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. Until a huge percentile of the US populace becomes gay, or wants to live with 5 spouses, then I think we need to leave things just the way they are. Imagine if the whole country were gay, then suddenly about 1.8% of the population became straight and started demanding that all the gays change everything that has been in place for hundreds of years. What do you think would happen? Come on people.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

I believe that proponents of NWO are hellbent on destroying the traditional family.

The gays get far more press and TV time than they deserve. The images are being stuffed in people's mind.

The harmful effects of gay sex is purposefully hidden in these messages.

People are pushed towards certain objectives by NWO by suggestive messages via mass communication channels and via public policy.

The objective is clearly a sick population that is totally dependent on the State for its welfare, so that NWO can achieve total domination.

Any logically thinking person should reject homosexuality outright, as it is nothing but the chains of slavery.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

it would be equally fair for the Heterosexuals to have the same rights then.

don't forget past the Sexuality Label we are still human, as you are. "homosexual" "Heterosexual" "Bisexual" "Pansexual" Asexual" etc. are only our sexuality, we are still Human, so denying any "Human" equal rights is wrong

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Fylgje
Imagine if the whole country were gay, then suddenly about 1.8% of the population became straight and started demanding that all the gays change everything that has been in place for hundreds of years. What do you think would happen? Come on people.

Imagine if each consenting adult was able to marry the consenting adult of his/her choice? What do you think would happen?

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

My dear, you forget that institution of marriage itself has come from "religion" that you despise so much.

Every religion defines marriage between a man and a woman (and not between two adults).

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
The practice of one person having multiple sexual partners (even if it is polygamy where marriage is only for sex) is prostitution.

Only "spiritual" marriage is the correct marriage where the purpose of marriage is producing healthy children for sustaining a wholesome and just society.

God does not need human certificates. God sees the intentions in your heart.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Crazy people...

Now mental illnesses like this can run rampant
www.huffingtonpost.com...

So gay marriage, polygamy, bigamy, marrying inanimate objects like Jodi Rose did, then marrying animals, next human-animal polygamy, man/woman marry multiple animals
Overseas kids get married as young as 8 in preadolescent arranged marriages.

Let's just allow it all, animal/inanimate/polygamy/bigamy/underage/prearranged/chain marriages/line marriages/hereditary marriages/harems/etc should all be legalized

Then no fringe groups can claim their civil rights are being abused...

Legalize all possible forms

I'll be back later.... Gonna go wed this frog I found then lick its back and get tore up from the floor up...

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

Only "spiritual" marriage is the correct marriage where the purpose of marriage is producing healthy children for sustaining a wholesome and just society.

So infertile women cannot marry? Sterile men cannot marry.
Nice little world you have there.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Please do not twist my words. Please ask a question.

An infertile man or woman can marry and adopt destitute children if they wish. This does not hurt the "spiritual marriage" part.

The spirit that the institution of marriage is for healthy continuation of society must be maintained.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

What words did I twist? These?

where the purpose of marriage is producing healthy children

Adopting is not "producing" but is there any particular reason a same sex couple could not adopt a child and raise a healthy child? Aside from your bigotry, I mean.
edit on 12/29/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It is not necessary to produce children. A couple can adopt. Adoption is not against our value system.

However adoption is for a married couple (marriage of man and woman).

I have explained several times on this thread that a man and woman have different natural abilities and dispositions. A man and woman are complimentary and contribute to a child's wholesome development together.

Consider this - a union of woman with woman will find it hard to raise a male child. Similarly a union of man and man will find it hard to raise a female child. There are many things which transfer from man to male child and woman to female child.

Although a child learns from society and from school, the contribution of family remains significant.

The bond between parents and child is a lifelong bond and is very important in the moral and emotional development of a person.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Consider this - a union of woman with woman will find it hard to raise a male child. Similarly a union of man and man will find it hard to raise a female child. There are many things which transfer from man to male child and woman to female child.
Raising a child is hard no matter what. Do you understand the concept of extended families? Grandparents? Uncles? Aunts?

Although a child learns from society and from school, the contribution of family remains significant.
I agree. I don't agree that a same sex couple cannot provide "significant" nurturing. I don't agree that a same sex couple does not constitute a family.

The bond between parents and child is a lifelong bond and is very important in the moral and emotional development of a person.
Does something about homosexuality preclude the formation of such a bond? Or do think that there is something inherently immoral or emotionally lacking about homosexuals? Do you think that heterosexual couples are automatically better morally and emotionally qualified? Do you think that because of their sexual orientation homosexuals should be denied the opportunity to raise children? Do you think that the children of such a family have no chance of becoming happy, well adjusted, successful human beings? Do you, by any chance, know of any cases where this may have occurred or is it an impossibility?

edit on 12/29/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Are you one of these people that thinks people can catch Gay? That having gay parents will make a child that was otherwise heterosexual into a gay adult?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
The true answer is if its between consenting adults then you should
be able to have as many partners as would marry you willingly.

Who you marry should be no ones business so long as its between
consenting parties that are of a reasonable age to determine their
own path in life.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

Swing80s
See what I'm trying to bring up is the degredation of the original accepted western institution of marriage.

Oh! you mean that "institution" where us heterosexuals have over a 50% divorce rate!

I think it's safe to say that we (heterosexuals) degraded the sanctity of that original accepted institution all on our own quite awhile ago, and Bill & Ted having an excellent adventure has no bearing on any heterosexual marriage whatsoever. Them sharing an insurance policy, visiting each other in the hospital, etc. has no effect on you or your marriage at all.

If you want to fix your marriage, then do it; however, trying to blame homosexuals for degrading an already broken institution is a very weak scapegoat. Personally, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they discover gays having a lower divorce rate years down the line, thus strengthening the institution of marriage.
edit on 12/30/13 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
June 6, 2017

In America, multiple wives, particularly if they're underage, will get you in big trouble.

""A 52-year-old Pennsylvania man who was found living with 11 girls - six of whom described themselves as his "wives" - was convicted Tuesday of multiple sex charges, PEOPLE confirms.

A Bucks County, Pennsylvania, jury found Lee Kaplan guilty on 17 counts, including including rape of a child, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse and indecent assault, after nearly nine hours of deliberation following a nearly week-long trial.""

www.msn.com... id=spartanntp

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join