It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A letter to the "President" ..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
This a letter people should read ..

"Dear President Obama, My name is Harold Estes, approaching 95 on December 13 of this year. People meeting me for the first time don’t believe my age because I remain wrinkle free and pretty much mentally alert. I enlisted in the U.S. Navy in 1934 and served proudly before, during and after WW II retiring as a Master Chief Bos’n Mate. Now I live in a “rest home” located on the western end of Pearl Harbor, allowing me to keep alive the memories of 23 years of service to my country. One of the benefits of my age, perhaps the only one, is to speak my mind, blunt and direct even to the head man. So here goes. I am amazed, angry and determined not to see my country die before I do, but you seem hell bent not to grant me that wish. I can’t figure out what country you are the president of. You fly around the world telling our friends and enemies despicable lies like: ” We’re no longer a Christian nation” ” America is arrogant” – (Your wife even announced to the world,” America is mean-spirited. ” Please tell her to try preaching that nonsense to 23 generations of our war dead buried all over the globe who died for no other reason than to free a whole lot of strangers from tyranny and hopelessness.) I’d say shame on the both of you, but I don’t think you like America, nor do I see an ounce of gratefulness in anything you do, for the obvious gifts this country has given you. To be without shame or gratefulness is a dangerous thing for a man sitting in the White House. After 9/11 you said,” America hasn’t lived up to her ideals.” Which ones did you mean? Was it the notion of personal liberty that 11,000 farmers and shopkeepers died for to win independence from the British? Or maybe the ideal that no man should be a slave to another man, that 500,000 men died for in the Civil War? I hope you didn’t mean the ideal 470,000 fathers, brothers, husbands, and a lot of fellas I knew personally died for in WWII, because we felt real strongly about not letting any nation push us around, because we stand for freedom. I don’t think you mean the ideal that says equality is better than discrimination. You know the one that a whole lot of white people understood when they helped to get you elected. Take a little advice from a very old geezer, young man. Shape up and start acting like an American. If you don’t, I’ll do what I can to see you get shipped out of that fancy rental on Pennsylvania Avenue . You were elected to lead not to bow, apologize and kiss the hands of murderers and corrupt leaders who still treat their people like slaves. And just who do you think you are telling the American people not to jump to conclusions and condemn that Muslim major who killed 13 of his fellow soldiers and wounded dozens more. You mean you don’t want us to do what you did when that white cop used force to subdue that black college professor in Massachusetts , who was putting up a fight? You don’t mind offending the police calling them stupid but you don’t want us to offend Muslim fanatics by calling them what they are, terrorists. One more thing. I realize you never served in the military and never had to defend your country with your life, but you’re the Commander-in-Chief now, son. Do your job. When your battle-hardened field General asks you for 40,000 more troops to complete the mission, give them to him. But if you’re not in this fight to win, then get out. The life of one American soldier is not worth the best political strategy you’re thinking of. You could be our greatest president because you face the greatest challenge ever presented to any president. You’re not going to restore American greatness by bringing back our bloated economy. That’s not our greatest threat. Losing the heart and soul of who we are as Americans is our big fight now. And I sure as hell don’t want to think my president is the enemy in this final battle… Sincerely, Harold B. Estes"

Thanks, what do you think?

edit on 27-3-2013 by AldrinAlden because: dont care ...

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
An obvious biased letter by a man with a strong opinion.

He appears to only be looking at one side of what a president does. You really need to look at everything and make an informed opinion on whether someone is doing a good job or not.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I expect he wrote similar letters to presidents like Reagan, who supported the first assault rifle ban. And Clinton, when he lied straight-faced to the American public. And Bush, for signing the Patriot Act and starting two illegal wars for oil overseas. And surely he wrote Woodrow Wilson after his presidency over the Federal Reserve Act

Wonder what channel he's watching at the nursing home all day...
edit on 27-3-2013 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Let's not discount the wisdom that comes with age here, guys.

The man has lived longer than any of us; he has witnessed first hand some of the biggest changes in the world at 95 years of age. He has seen and experienced the things we have only read about in books.

He had a lot of good points in there.

My goodness.. imagine 95 years.

Good for you, old man, for standing up for what you believe in and voicing your opinion.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I support and agree with most of what he said. Dear leader and his regime need to go.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

Age does not equate to wisdom.

I've known some very stupid old people.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AldrinAlden

The only thing I see as delusional about this mans letter is his belief that he thinks Obama actually cares! Other than that,

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Age does not equate to wisdom.

I've known some very stupid old people.

Age might not, but, experience certainly can.

Whatever happened to respecting our elders?

I personally think old people are great. There is a lot of wisdom that comes with old age, and I have a great deal of respect for that.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
I expect he wrote similar letters to presidents like Reagan, who supported the first assault rifle ban. And Clinton, when he lied straight-faced to the American public. And Bush, for signing the Patriot Act and starting two illegal wars for oil overseas. And surely he wrote Woodrow Wilson after his presidency over the Federal Reserve Act

edit on 27-3-2013 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

Reagan's support for the assault weapons ban came after he was POTUS.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Everyone has a right to an opinion. Many (if not most) of those who are older don't have a lot good to say about Obama or... and do take this in due consideration, they don't think much of Dubya Bush, either.

What? You mean these people aren't politically indoctrinated and obey their party lines???

Bush was a puppet, Obama is a surrogate... both at the behest and will of those who would render our constitution and the nation it protects, into a globalist wash basin of waste.

For the life of me, I still don't get how we can offer ourselves and our nation up to people based on blind political loyalties... while knowing that we are being led from the rope that loops through the hook in our nose.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Started out great!
Well, ...until the guy revealed he was a bigot anyway.
He hates muslims, scuse me but all religions murder and Muslims are at the back end of the killing curve.
Christians and jews have much more blood on their hands.
But where he was talking about equality was good.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Lemme fix this for you please.?

I personally think old people are great. There is a lot of wisdom that can come with old age, and I have a great deal of respect for those willing to learn it.

There we go!
Age does not always equate wisdom, some people will be a biggot all of their lives, this gets in the way of being open and honest with thine own self!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Lemme fix this for you please.?

I personally think old people are great. There is a lot of wisdom that can come with old age, and I have a great deal of respect for those willing to learn it.

There we go!
Age does not always equate wisdom, some people will be a biggot all of their lives, this gets in the way of being open and honest with thine own self!

I guess I should have been more specific. I didn't intend for my reply to imply that all old people are smart.

I just meant that, in general, I am of the opinion that the elderly can hold wisdom that can and should be valued.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

I agree with you, he has an incredibly biased opinion. He has the opinion of a man who put his money where his mouth and put his life on the line for his beliefs. For 23 years. And he sees what he put his life on the line to protect being destroyed. He has the opinion of a man who has lived in this country nearly a century, which gives him a perspective and wisdom that comes with those years. He actually LIVED through what it was like before the government "had" to tell us what to eat, what we were "allowed" to say, and even what was moral.

So yes. I guess he does have a strong opinion. And yes, I do think people should look at everything someone is doing and make an informed decision. I think he did.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Believe it or not, it is possible to disagree with not only the current President but also the previous administrations. But why is it that whenever anyone criticizes the current one, it is always assumed we fell in line with everything that came before? Are we really expected to bring up something we didn't like that Bush did to justify our statements just so we don't look like an Obama hater? Or have the race card thrown in our faces?

"I don't like that Obama signed the NDAA. I also didn't like that Bush signed the Patriot Act! I think it's wrong that our current administration cut college benefits to our servicemen, and Bush was horrible when he spent $40 million on his inauguration but said we couldn't afford body armor for our servicemen!"

I mean, c'mon...

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Harold, you have earned the right to say what you think is right! Thank you for your past service to the country, and your continued desire to serve! I think your letter is well written and expresses the feelings of many of us who appreciate straight to the point communication. Constructive critizim is often lacking on ATS.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumCypher

Because there is a persistent delusion that before 2008 we were all crapping rainbows and rolling in cash. Then the evil Barack HUSSEIN Osama came along and destroyed this once perfect nation.

And depending on who you ask (even around here) he may be the Antichrist. Because that's the level of cognition we're dealing with now

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I always say if somebody lives to be 90+ they can do whatever they want short of murder. IMO, they earned it. That being said, rants like these are a dime a dozen and won't change anything one way or the other.

Peace

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

He died at age 96 in 2011....

Posted here in 2009
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 27-3-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Why are digging up a letter from 2009 by a guy that died in 2011?

top topics

join