It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marriage is NOT a Constitutional Right!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by brandiwine14
The 14th amendment mentions neither gays nor marriage so their argument is basically arbitrary.

However that said I think we should give them their rights. They can marry but they then need to shut their traps stop having all their gay pride parades and realize that there is not a darn thing special about them anymore. You gays want the same rights then you deserve equal treatment with no special perks .....you are not special.

You said one thing right, we only want equal treatment. Gay people never wanted special rights and you are no more special yourself. What we do need to agree on is all of humanity is on par with treating each other with respect. Nothing more and nothing less. When you say, "you gays", don't you find that dehumanizing? It really is. If you met me in person or my friends for that matter, you would never say that to our faces. Why. Cause you would never know we are gay unless we told you (plus we are better fit than most of you). The majority of us do what you do on a daily basis.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by SamaraTen

Clearly history has taught us NOTHING, and by us I mean you.

Careful now "they" might teach your children a thing to two about loving one another and treating others the way you would like to be treated!!!
I've been married for 16 years and i have 3 daughters. But, imma let y'all continue in your ignorance. It seems like all the gay community cares about is themselves with a total disregard to what God has to say. So, again, i say....continue on. Ignorance is indeed BLISS!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SinMaker

Considering you name is "sin maker" I'd say you feel like you are doing something wrong.

Maybe "you gays" was demeaning and maybe I wouldn't know but I wouldn't care. I judge people based on their actions I will treat any known gay person as a fellow human no more no less. I never said I was special just not less than you. Just want this special treatment to stop because it's getting rather tiresome.

I'm not sure what you mean by better fit, are you saying you are a better human or more in shape? Either way you dont know me, what kind of human I am or how fit I am.
You are only human same as me and the sooner you see that the better.

edit on 26-3-2013 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2013 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SinMaker

Lack of stars and flags should be an obvious reflection of your post. People are coming around to treating others with equality and respect. You can maintain your hate all you want. Good always rises to the top.

Equality. It's a simple word that the majority take for granted. Your majority status is coming to end for good reason, you have no reason. You can't articulately argue a defense against oppressing other human beings.

BTW.....what's in it for you to argue against people that don't bother you in any way whatsoever? This is crazy.
Stars and flags are highly IRRELEVANT. If i were after stars and flags, i would have posted something more homosexual friendly. It's hard swimming against the current. That's why the majority of sheeple go with the flow, that leads straight over a waterfall!

BTW, what makes you think i hate? Is it because i don't share in your sentiments? Why should i??? Would i be "hating" if i posted the same arguments about whore mongers, adulterers and fornicators???

Love has NOTHING to do with kissing and hugging; but everything to do with telling someone the crap they don't want to hear. Telling someone what they want to hear, is not loving that person. It seems like if anyone has "hate" in their hearts, it's those that bash people who don't believe as they believe.

Besides all that, our world has bigger problems than same sex marriage, but i don't see anyone RAISING UP to those injustices. We live in a 'feel good' time.

BTW.....what's in it for you to argue against people that don't bother you in any way whatsoever?
That's where you're COMPLETELY WRONG. I have been bothered by it, more times than i'd like to remember. You know what bothers me MOST? The fact that the gay community feels everyone should be gay. And what peeves me more than that, is the way gay people press up on me, as if i were gay. The way they violate my space, time and time again. You have absolutely ZERO experience in the gay community. I've lived amongst them. I have broken bread with them; Partied with them; accepted them, as they are. However, when they cross the line to my heterosexuality, that's when i have the problem. Understand? If not, i feel sorry for you.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by murphy22
reply to post by jpkmets

This is not a subject I can even begin to discuss with you or others like you. I am sure there are many subjects we could discuss, but not this one.

I accept everyone as people. I would serve water to anyone that was thirsty... But that doesn't mean I have to agree with their life style.

This is a "black and white" subject with me. More of a right or wrong. And I'm right. No matter how many "Gay Gods" the Greeks had. I defy them all. I have but one god.

Re: OP The Feds should not even be in on this. The voters spoke. The G&Ls didn't like the cards that were dealt. After this everyone that screws dogs will want their "rights".

The G&L want acceptance for their LIFE STYLE. The voters didn't agree with them.
edit on 26-3-2013 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

You seem to think because I referenced multiple deities, that I might be polytheist, sorry I am a pantheist, GOD/DESS is IN EVERYTHING. While you limit yourself to a deity Outside of ''his creation'', I don't.
Also,, you Go Gurl,,, I love anyone who defies the Gods, Prometheus ROCKED,,
I like defying the deities too,,, I think that is what they are there for most of the time.
I mean I think Jacob did wrestle with the Angel of the Lord didn't he.
But actually that is neither here nor there in regards to this conversation,, if that is what we are going to call it.

I Don't ask for, need or want your acceptance, your mistaken to believe I want or need it,, just as the man who was supposed to be my own father mistakenly made years ago.

I gave him a birthday card, and wrote a note about how nice it had been at the time ( as we were getting along rather well I thought) and must have inserted the words ''I am glad you are accepting who I am" because he had layed off of the comments about me ''changing to straight' again because I canceled a wedding to my high school (female) sweetheart, because I knew it would be wrong to hurt her by marriage when I was gay.

He went ballistic.

My father stood in front of me and ripped the card to shreds and said he would never accept me as I am.
All I wanted was him to remember I was his son, and accept me as that, I didn't care about whether he agreed with my "lifestyle' or not,,, I never agreed with his abusive beatings he gave my mother, or his multiple girlfriends and whores he took up with,,, but he was supposed to be my father regardless. Found out later he had his own sexual conduct issues,,,
The Only choice I made was Not to Be Ashamed of WHO I AM.

In contrast, All I expect is for the government to look upon me as the American I am, and afford me the same rights as bigoted religious fundamentalist receive,, nothing more.

So, read into it what you want,, but your acceptance is not needed here, I am just seeking fair treatment according to what is the law and what is morally right as an American and Human. No special treatment needed, just good ol American Equality.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamaraTen

Lack of stars and flags should be an obvious reflection of your post. People are coming around to treating others with equality and respect. You can maintain your hate all you want. Good always rises to the top.

Equality. It's a simple word that the majority take for granted. Your majority status is coming to end for good reason, you have no reason. You can't articulately argue a defense against oppressing other human beings.

BTW.....what's in it for you to argue against people that don't bother you in any way whatsoever? This is crazy.
Stars and flags are highly IRRELEVANT. If i were after stars and flags, i would have posted something more homosexual friendly. It's hard swimming against the current. That's why the majority of sheeple go with the flow, that leads straight over a waterfall!

BTW, what makes you think i hate? Is it because i don't share in your sentiments? Why should i??? Would i be "hating" if i posted the same arguments about whore mongers, adulterers and fornicators???

Love has NOTHING to do with kissing and hugging; but everything to do with telling someone the crap they don't want to hear. Telling someone what they want to hear, is not loving that person. It seems like if anyone has "hate" in their hearts, it's those that bash people who don't believe as they believe.

Besides all that, our world has bigger problems than same sex marriage, but i don't see anyone RAISING UP to those injustices. We live in a 'feel good' time.

BTW.....what's in it for you to argue against people that don't bother you in any way whatsoever?
That's where you're COMPLETELY WRONG. I have been bothered by it, more times than i'd like to remember. You know what bothers me MOST? The fact that the gay community feels everyone should be gay. And what peeves me more than that, is the way gay people press up on me, as if i were gay. The way they violate my space, time and time again. You have absolutely ZERO experience in the gay community. I've lived amongst them. I have broken bread with them; Partied with them; accepted them, as they are. However, when they cross the line to my heterosexuality, that's when i have the problem. Understand? If not, i feel sorry for you.

Stars and flags are relevant to your credibility factor. Why else would ATS have them?

You think gay people are in your face? Imagine being gay and seeing everyone from the airports, the bars, the streets, the magazines, t.v., etc., etc., exposing PDA of heterosexuals. Why isn't it what is good for the goose not good for the gander. Talk about shoving sexuality down our throats. Gays can't do what you can...because why??

Because your a bigot. Plain and simple. You are the one I feel sorry for.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
You sound so very jealous of my specialness. Too funny.

Originally posted by brandiwine14
The 14th amendment mentions neither gays nor marriage so their argument is basically arbitrary.

However that said I think we should give them their rights. They can marry but they then need to shut their traps stop having all their gay pride parades and realize that there is not a darn thing special about them anymore. You gays want the same rights then you deserve equal treatment with no special perks .....you are not special.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by brandiwine14

My screen name is an accurate gauge to you hateful people. I own it. Do you own your sins as cast by your religion? I doubt you do, most of you only own up to Jesus when it suits your purpose. I'm sure you have a skeleton or two. I'm just being honest. Not a hypocrite, like most professed Christians.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
In Response again to something SamaraTen said. SamaraTen,, you still never answered my Civil Rights posts,,, yes I am old enough to remember how it played out.

I am one gay man who DEFINITELY Believes Not everyone should be gay. Where does that come from, I wonder?
Too bad and sad you know nothing about your own psychological makeup, or how sexuality is determined in uterus and genetic make up.

I LOVE DIVERSITY,,,, why can you NOT?

Your FEAR WILL EAT YOU ALIVE ONE DAY, not a prophet, but I think you could be on the track to getting cancer of some sort by how much you FEAR.

In my home, I should be able to do as I wish, without you or the government being involved.
But since "Your Kind" seems to want to keep all the American Freedoms and Rights to yourselves, you and your crowd of bigots has made this the issue it has become over the course of my lifetime of 50 years.

Leave me be.
What is it too you should I wish to Marry? What is it to you that is NOT attached to your Overcompensating FEARS?

edit on 3/26/2013 by EarthCitizen23 because: had post in response to wrong member

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
So much for America being a God-fearing nation, like i was taught to believe, growing up. No wonder why it's sinking deeper into the abyss. And to think, we used to pray in school, when i was a kid; when America was "great".

Let's all sing together now: "God bless America. Land that i looooooove."

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen23

Good for you. Glad your an apologist serving up angst against your own kind. Your spirituality ends when you knife your own brethren.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Stars and flags are relevant to your credibility factor. Why else would ATS have them?

You think gay people are in your face? Imagine being gay and seeing everyone from the airports, the bars, the streets, the magazines, t.v., etc., etc., exposing PDA of heterosexuals. Why isn't it what is good for the goose not good for the gander. Talk about shoving sexuality down our throats. Gays can't do what you can...because why??

Because your a bigot. Plain and simple. You are the one I feel sorry for.
I'm a bigot because i don't believe in your twisted way of thinking? Not too long ago, the argument was made that animals are "gay", so why can't people be that way, also? Everything in life has an opposite, EXCEPT the gay community.

Here's an idea....let's just change the LAWS OF NATURE.

Edit to add: let me just comment on the stars and flags adding to my "credibility" on ATS.
That's about as funny as the "like" feature on facebook. I didn't start this thread to gain stars and flags. I started this thread because the gay community is SERIOUSLY CONFUSED on MANY LEVELS. Borderline, retarded!
edit on 26-3-2013 by SamaraTen because: add

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I corrected my mistake,, didn't mean that post towards you.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Thank you. I thought that was a bit weird. Thanks for the correction.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Everything in nature is natural. I actually did not throw that in your face. The topic has been over discussed. Please keep in mind that humans are in fact animals. It plays out throughout the world with our senseless wars. And you...want another one.
edit on 26-3-2013 by SinMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I too believe in 'owning' what we do.
Most so wish to blame the Devil,, and of course find one in their neighbors if they can.
It is a sad situation that humans are faced with not being able to progress beyond primitive FEARS of the UNKNOWN and DIFFERENT.

Great Response SinMaker!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Ah oh well, your life will move on after this case as well

Sure it will, but the underlying problem will not. And that problem is the systematic destruction of the Constitutional Republic based on Federalism.

This is a state issue that the Federal court never should have addressed from the start.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

FINE. If they want to get married....they should disassociate themselves with CIVIL RIGHTS and Constitutional Rights! You can't hide being "black". But, no one can say, with certainty: "hey, that person is gay".

You can if two men are applying for a marriage license. The marriage license is denied if two men or two women apply for it. That's where the discrimination comes in, hence the infringement of constitutional rights.

Don't say it's about religion, because two atheists can get a marriage license, no problem. And don't say it's about procreation, because two senior citizens can get a marriage license, no problem. Nope - it's about discriminating against a group of people because they're different from the majority.

So what about poligamists?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

No Problem,,, and I LOVE how you ripped me to shreds!!

We are so GAY!!

To Bad No one else sees the Humor or Growth that could take place within humanity by just chilling and letting people worship, live and love as they wish. It always seems to come down to My God Is Right yours is wrong with these conversations.

I admit, They may be right,,, but Here in America,, the Courts make the Laws,, not their God.
When We die we will all Know for ''SURE", otherwise we are all in the same boat people, Let's not sink it for such differences,, we need UNITY to Survive, not Division. Thus we should all maybe take a step back and reflect what it really means to be an AMERICAN.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

The devil only exists if you give it power. I give myself to love and devotion of other people of all walks of life. I'm not going to carry hate on my shoulder. It's a burden too hard to carry. But I will speak up for those that don't speak up for themselves. I will definitely speak up for myself. No one has the power to delete my feelings. No one.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join