It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea says orders artillery to be combat ready, targeting U.S. bases

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by Bearack

Allowing Kim Un to maybe make the ultimate mistake and force a retaliation against them could allow China to come in, broker a cease fire and then take the reins in that country, merging it into the New Peoples Republic of China.

They could do that at any time...they don't want it. They like it being the buffer that it is. The better option for China (if I were them) would be to have some inside General with a lot of support, and playing ball with China, pull off a military coup, and be done with it.

NK cost them an arm and a leg already. They already have a constant battle with refuges as the weakest boarder is the one shared with China as they are allied and NK chooses to strengthen their Southern border and ensure no one comes in or out via that route.

The only real benefit of NK to China is their prison camps. China sends thousands of political prisoners there and makes people disappear. NK is also full of several untapped resources that would benefit the hungry empire.

I see nothing from preventing China from absorbing NK. It would cost them a hell of allot less currency and would even be considered a humanitarian plus as they people will go from starving and impoverished to just impoverished.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

reply to post by resoe26

I think I might have to re-enlist if this pops off.
NK wants to play eff eff games with the US?

I already know my old ranger budds are anxious for this to go down.

No way in hell would I want to be a troop on the ground in NK. Talk to a Vietnam vet if you want to get some insight as to what this would be like. On the ground in that kind of terrain, a lot of our high tech advantage goes out the window. That was a mistake we learned from in Vietnam (or at least I hope we learned it).

I would have to concur. Would not be a pretty war what so ever. Not that any war is pretty, but this would be one devastating war if it were to come to fruition.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Bearack

I see nothing from preventing China from absorbing NK. It would cost them a hell of allot less currency and would even be considered a humanitarian plus as they people will go from starving and impoverished to just impoverished.

But, they'd have a democratic SK right on their border...so not sure if they are willing to do the annexing. Although, China is moving more and more to the Western ways of doing things...eventually, may not matter. For communists, they are also the world's biggest capitalists....really kind of a conundrum....

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

reply to post by resoe26

No way in hell would I want to be a troop on the ground in NK. Talk to a Vietnam vet if you want to get some insight as to what this would be like. On the ground in that kind of terrain, a lot of our high tech advantage goes out the window. That was a mistake we learned from in Vietnam (or at least I hope we learned it).

Yeah I know.
I know and older ex LRRP Soldier who tells me stories about it.
--And you already know, when you are SENT there, you got your battle buddies backs for sure.
Not much more you can do about it.
If the US gives the ok, the three time volunteers are the first to deploy to high risk areas within 24hrs.
I bet 2/75 is on lockdown right now waiting for the goahead.

--and if you know anything about the 75th, they are ready and anxious for that.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bearack

reply to post by resoe26

I would have to concur. Would not be a pretty war what so ever. Not that any war is pretty, but this would be one devastating war if it were to come to fruition.

Yeah, it wouldn't be pretty. Especially for the leg units.

Old LRRP guy told me before I enlisted, "if you are joining, aim for the highest possible unit you can acheive. You don't want to be stuck with a bunch of idiotic legs when the S*** goes down. They will get you killed. At least be Airborne".

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Zerschmetterling

A Good Thing If North Korea Launches Their Rockets...

The North Korean people should be looked upon as being no different than like Middle Easterners who under the brutal dictatorship of Saddam Hussein suffered greatly until that burden was....discretely dismissed.

One thing is certain is this. If the North Korean leader launches rockets in an attack and a war results I am certain that factions within North Korea will take the opportunity to splinter away from North Korea because of the treatment that the leader of North Korea...levies against them for his own benefit.

The North Korean people hope for such an opportunity for war so that when allied factions arrive to make war upon the Anti-Christ the North Korean people will side with us because of the conditions that their leader has placed on them.

The North Koreans are looking for opportunity and freedom. If the leader of North Korea does launch rockets in attacks he will be giving the North Koreans the opportunity that they need.

It is almost with a certainty that if the leader of North Korea does bring war to his country that his own people will be killed will just further harden the resolve of the splinter factions within North Korea to protect North Koreans against despotism that will roll through their villages in tanks as the army of North Korea seeks refuge against the onslaught from allied attacks hoping that the loss of innocent lives at our hands will draw condemnation from the U.S.

The only thing that will be drawn from the world is more support in freeing the North Koreans in order to return North Korea and South Korea together as a single country with freedom and opportunity for all.

History has proven time and time again when a Despotic Leader commits his severely oppressed country into a war with another country that those oppressed within the Despots country WILL rise against him and his forces thus causing the fall of the Despot...history does not lie but such leaders who are insane seem to think that they can change history and that history will not repeat itself.

After all the story of North Korea is about Kim Jong Un.....HIS Story and not the story of the History of the North Korean People.

I am certain that North Korea's Generals are laughing on the inside. They know what will happen if they launch their attacks. They know that the U.S. military machine will grind the North Korea Armies bones into dust. I am certain that a lot of defections will take place within the General Staff who know that they are the losing side of a war that they cannot wage....except on paper and in the mind of Kim Jong Un.

....the world will rejoice in the launching of North Korea's rockets as it will signal the end of another Communist Despot and the spreading of....liberty.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

In this war, there'd be few safe places to be. Naval and Air units will see casualties, bases will even see casualties (at least initially in the battle).

NK has one of the largest special forces in the world, who of course, are a LOT more used to their backyard than you are... This is not something you'd want to consider lightly.

Rest assured, we'd still win, and fairly soon, but it is going to be a lot different than the Middle Eastern actions. Don't really want to see you on that casualty list...but follow your heart.
edit on 29-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Excellent article here:

m.apnews.com...

Sums up everything very nicely.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Curio

That is an excellent article, and really spells out exactly what NK is really hoping for here.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by idmonster

Originally posted by ausername

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent
North Korea technology at its best.

"This one is called Donkey Kong, you have to climb the ladder here"

Donkey Kong...How dare you.....this is the lynch pin of North Korean defense, and I have proof....

This is what they're looking at:

That's Commodore 64. Can't remember what that game is called. And now we have games like Battlefield 4. Who would have guessed?
edit on 29-3-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Miracula

Missile Command

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Missile Command

Oh yeah. Thanks. I was thinking Polaris for some reason.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

North Korea's president is probably getting sexually aroused after looking at those ICBM's coming down.
edit on 29-3-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Zerschmetterling

Dennis Rodman will save us.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Having sat my ass on a mountain top with binos for 4/7 in 85,I think I can say I'd rather be the guy reporting from the front ,heavy units are always in the open and if I see them I can bring hell on them,which essentially is a scouts primary job.
They should mount miniguns for the coax guns instead of 240s on our tracks there,to mow down human wave assaults AS I suggested to the Bradley manufacturer with illustrations when they asked after Desert Storm what I thought about the Bradley's performance.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
"Nuke the site from orbit.
It's the only way to be sure".
---------------------Ellen Ripley

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join