It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea says orders artillery to be combat ready, targeting U.S. bases

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
some of you do not know why the DPRK er Un have been working on missiles it is not to take on SK, they cold do that with field artillery, so why the Missiles? Guam Hawaii japan Main land USA. But with what? well here it is Unha-3 news.nationalpost.com... this is why their people have starved, been put in prisons and left to eat each other, for the money saved went to the development of the Bomb er nukes and missiles that could reach the USA.Just as japan thought in ww2 so too is Un we are a paper tiger no real threat just loud roar , we do not have a good track record 10 years in Iraq 11 to 12 in Afghanistan 30+ year war on drugs, the first major defeat Nam 65' to 75', A draw in the first Korean war 50-53.
So what is my point?
The point is we can not stand a long drawn out war with DPRK a swift war will be fought in Un's mind he will take SK and wipe out the US forces in the pacific in one move or he is done for he has got to know that, This is why the Drums are beating the time is set for him to act, 60 years for the war 100 years is for he dads dad between 12 and 16 April, to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the birth of its state founder, Kim Il Sung

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
then add in this

DPRK Will Show Its Will for Counteraction with Military Action: KPA Supreme Command

The Supreme Command of the Korean People's Army (KPA) issued the following statement on March 26:

The U.S. nuclear war racket has gone beyond the danger line and entered the phase of an actual war, defying the repeated warnings from the army and people of the DPRK.

The U.S. let B-52 formation deployed in Anderson air force base on Guam fly into the sky above south Korea at around 08:00 on March 25. The formation staged a nuclear striking drill with simulated targets in the depth of the DPRK from around 11:50 and revealed it to the public.

The U.S. even let the conservative media of south Korea reveal the process of the 2010 operation against Osama bin Laden. It openly said the operational plan of "south Korea-U.S. combined forces" includes targeting the dignity of the supreme leadership of the DPRK with the use of lethal striking means and methods of the U.S. imperialist aggression forces and the south Korean puppet army.

They blustered that the operation targeting the dignity of the supreme leadership of the DPRK has no problem in terms of military technique, adding that they are closely monitoring all the relevant moves of the DPRK. They even made such bluff that now is the time to unfold "active north Korea policy", "not passive one".

The present south Korean puppet authorities tried to link the Cheonan sinking case with the DPRK and shift the blame for the Yonphyong Island shelling on to the DPRK just as traitor Lee Myung Bak did. They said they plan mounting precision missile attacks on the statues of great Generalissimos Kim Il Sung and Kim Jong Il in different parts of the DPRK including those in Pyongyang if "local provocation" of similar nature reoccurs.

They, unafraid of divine punishment, even said that they drafted the "list of targets" based on detailed analysis of the locations, sizes and specific features of those statues.

All these moves clearly prove that the anti-DPRK hostile acts now under way by the U.S., south Korean puppet forces and all other followers under the pretext of the DPRK's satellite launch and the underground nuclear test have entered a reckless phase of practical implementation after going beyond the phase of threatening and blackmailing.

The gravity of the situation lies in that such reckless moves are timed to coincide with the U.S.-masterminded resolutions on sanctions against the DPRK being carried into practice intensively through conspiracy and nexus with all hues of hostile forces.

The KPA Supreme Command declares at home and abroad the final decision of the army and people of the DPRK as follows as regards the present prevailing situation:

1. We will demonstrate with the practical military action the firm will of the army and people of the DPRK to take counteraction to defend the sovereignty and dignity of the supreme leadership of the country.

There is a limit to patience.

It is the clear conclusion drawn by us that we can never tolerate the serious situation in which the sovereignty and dignity of the supreme leadership of the country are ruthlessly trampled down and the U.S. nuclear threat and blackmail are turning into a real war.

From this moment the KPA Supreme Command will put on the highest alert all the field artillery units including strategic rocket units and long-range artillery units which are assigned to strike bases of the U.S. imperialist aggressor troops in the U.S. mainland and on Hawaii and Guam and other operational zone in the Pacific as well as all the enemy targets in south Korea and its vicinity.

2. We will show the present puppet authorities of south Korea, which are dancing to the tune of their master, kowtowing to his hostile policy toward the DPRK, the strongest will of the DPRK army with physical action.

The enemies are seriously mistaken if they think they can find an opportunity for striking "basic bases" and attacking "support forces" and "commanding forces".

They should be mindful that everything will be reduced to ashes and flames the moment the first attack is unleashed.

It is the unshakable stand of the army and people of the DPRK that they can never allow the treacherous acts, the preceding ruler committed by pushing the inter-Korean relations to a catastrophe and blocking the way for peace and prosperity for five years, to be taken over by the present south Korean chief executive.

3. We call upon progressive people of the world opposing war and loving peace to turn out as one in the struggle against the brigandish U.S. highhanded and arbitrary practices.

Injustice can never become justice though it is practiced by big countries with advantageous military muscles.

Even the resolution of the UN Security Council will become unjust one and become an international crime going against the trend of the times if it is devoid of impartiality.

Injustice is temporary one and will die in end.

But justice is like a flame that flares up forever.

The KPA Supreme Command calls upon the conscience of the world to actively join the army and people of the DPRK in defending independence and justice, not blindly following the U.S. high-handed and arbitrary practices and the UNSC's "resolutions" bereft of impartiality.

Victory is in store for the army and people of the DPRK rising up to defend the sovereignty, and progressive people of the world loving justice and peace.

Rodong Sinmun
we must not take Un or DPRK for grated lets not let a Pearl Harbor happen again, we must expect the unexpected
edit on 27-3-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by Catch_a_Fire

What's more likely is that a behind closed door meeting will take place, each side will give some, and it will all go away without further mention in the press (as no details mean no real story).

Yes, but thats my point, that has usually happened by now. This seems to be taking things a little further than usual, the coming weeks will tell i suppose, lets hope the worst scenario doesnt get played out.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

Taking hostages, and instigating terrorist actions against USA and allies (lots in the 80's), has a tendency to do have some blowback. Don't other nations' leaders also have moral responsibility and choices in their decisions?

No doubt...and I agree with our actions...but you also can't deny that looking from the Iranian perspective, they will see us differently. I'm just saying I understand why they hate us...doesn't mean I agree with it...I don't.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Perhaps Baby Kim is sweating wet over the prospect of the current US-SK military drills will turn out to be a real attack upon North Korea?

Which is why those pronouncements of their supposed 'strengths and resolve' to fight back?

Afterall, he knows americans do walk the talk, are pissed that he deceived the world with its building of nukes, 'satellite' ICBM launches and nuke tests, and might in one stroke cross the border?

If so, those bellicose statements WILL ONLY make his fears come true. USA and South Korea, and so does China too have patience, but is at the limit now, over those statements and nuke preparedness in NK.

If Bush had been the president, he would have ended Baby's Kim misery and the sufferings of the NK People. He did it in Iraq.

But today, it is President Obama at the helm, and had learnt the lessons of Iraq.

Make no mistake, President Obama will not allow that rogue state NK possess nukes, the way he will not let that insane theocracy supreme dictator Khameni owns one, nor will China want the mad dogs in NK possessing nukes.

The military drills are but excercises only, as had been for years, to prepare for a NK attack, and not the other way around. Baby Kim has nothing to fear. NO ONE wants a war, unless he wants one and fires across the border. This must be made clear to him.

And secondly, he best back down on nukes. There are 2 SUPER-POWERS hell bent on limiting nuke proliferation not only in NK, but the entire Asia as well.

Give up on nukes, and economic help will arrive. No one wants war or to bully anyone. He can still keep his dynasty, the way Japan retained its monarch after WW2, so long as he ends his bellicosity and stupidities, and get real, behave like a true leader to its own people, uplifting them and not enslaving or starving them.

The choice is clear - war....or peace.

Perhaps the neutral Swiss or the Netherlands diplomats can tell him the realities if his own sycophant lap dogs around him dont, and end the rhetorics and war mongerings. His sweat and lack of balls is showing.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

Haha I have a buddy the same way. We call it chihuahua syndrome

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

No mater what we think Kim Jong Un's only goal is to have a one nation Korea, peace is out the question now that we have him boxed into a corner, he can not get the needed supply's due to sanctions, nor can he turn to China, they put a fence up along the North Korea border, this might be to keep refuges/ deserters out when war does break out.

China is an unknown one act says they will not back Un then an other says they are.
We are not making any thing better it is like we want him to act, for he will say any act will cause it , then what do we US SK do? Act in the manner that will push Un even more. It is as if both sides are tired of the "barking dog" war is on the way.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

China wants one thing from NK...for it to remain as a buffer between the democratic SK. China's goal is to preserve a communist North Korea...it is NOT to preserve Un....

Of course we're antagonizing him...because the one to blink and act first loses the political battle. We won't though. We have nothing to gain by attacking. Neither will he, unless he has lost his mind...as he has everything to lose.

He's hoping to keep fussing until we all sit down and try to offer him a cookie to stop whining. Sadly, it's probably going to work.
edit on 27-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Fat boy kim's back on his own self imposed wall had long been in the making.

He made far too many mistakes by playing ball to this sycophant insane ruling circle made up of his relatives and senile cronies.

US & S.korea had done nothing illegal or wrong with those defensive military drills, more so when NK had not agree to any peace, only an armistice which they even unilaterally declared dead now, despite the years under Clinton and SK bleeding heart and stupid 'sunshine policy' to feed N.Korea. It only ended up feeding the NK army and excesses sold to China, Iran and Pakistan for nuke weapon tech.

No one wants war, lest of all USA, unless forced upon and then mercy upon the moronic enemy.

China will not want NK to have nukes, nor Iran, because if it allows and defend NK, then the rest of Asia will equally demand for nukes, ICBMs and nuke tests, as they already contemplating and preparing for that day. China does not rule Asia, and will one day be faced with nearby nukes ICBMs if they close an eye to NK and Iran.

The barkings are only signs of fears and inferiorty complex by Baby Kim. He is a worried man now, facing a hungry and starving military whom is his basis to hold power, and 2 SUPERPOWERS hell bent on not desirous of him or his dogs having nukes, one way....or another.

There need not be war, all is prepared........if fat boy kim wakes up to realities. One stupid move and all hell will break loose there.

I had a very lucid dream last night and all my dreams or rather nitemares, thankfully don't come true.

I dreamt I was on an open empty field against a beautiful blue sky. A huge mass of white vapor suddenly rose from the ground, and the next minute, I saw the sharp domed shaped of a missile rising from the ground ( silo ), with its black and white markings, followed by the straight body with markings around it, rising slowly out of the ground. It was HUGE. It then shot into space.

Next thing i was transported into a control room with videos of graphs and satellite imagery showing the trajectory of the launched missile, with an officer rushing into room exclaiming he was too late. At that point, i woke up....

I am not claiming my nitemare is real or will become real one day soon. My point is that we mankind, need not go to wars anymore, so long as we follow the rule of law set up by the elected authorities in a REAL democracy. But evil and belligerances will infiltrate there.

Community must support the authorities and must help. Those evil leaders whom sought to kill off inncoent people is a crime against humanity, and need no human court justice to serve upon them, for they had become animals and will kill anyone, anytime and must be stopped.

Dialogue by all means, but NEVER to be ever fooled by NK again. It is either War, for the defense of the indefensible ownerships of nukes.....or peace, whereby all may live in economic prosperity and progress. Baby Kim needs war in order to survive from his hardliners in his govt, but the West and free world needs none. The new sanctions will starve its leaders out.

edit on 27-3-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
My buddy in the marines said they've been doing extra field drills and some have orders for south korea. Orders to south korea is nothing new, but they don't usually give them guys doing field, either.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miracula

Originally posted by mike dangerously
As other posters have said Kim Jog Un is just posturing for the sake of saving face and convincing the generals and uncle that he's worthy of the title "Glorious Leader."

See.....that's what I'm thinking.

He's like the Benny Hinn for people that like to watch fake televangelists use invisible "chi whammis" to knock people over on stage.

If you were going to do the Jesus thing would you

A. Listen to old ladies belt out church hymns sounding like a bunch of dying cats a a rural church in hill billy territory.

B. Watch a well planned show with laser lights, smoke dispensers and someone like Benny Hinn with charisma and be entertained.

I go with the second choice, anyone would.

North Korea's president is entertaining.
I concur.Deep down he knows any attack on the US basses by the NK army is going to lead to the nation's demise.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The US Vs North Korea analogy.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
i think NK is trying to goad the u.s. into doing what it does best...a pre-emtive military strike....the u.s. luvs it drones and cruise missiles..

useing your advisaries strength agaiinst it...if the u.s. did conduct a pre-emtive strike.. in the eyes of NK govt and people and some around the world, it woud justify all of NK words and future action. war in NK would be aalot more costly than the 10 years in afganistan and iraq.......

NK knows that the u.s. cant afford to lose alot of troops...the u.s. people dont seem to care how much the u.s. throws its military all over the world like so many pebbles into a lake..but when the u.s. starts to lose troops in large numbers that cant be hidden....then it becomes a whole different story...dangerous ground out there....

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Ive decide we should dump our nuclear arsenal right down his throat. I'm getting to old to deal with these jerks. I came into this world and the first thing I had to do was deal with NORTH KOREA and now Im on my way out and its still not settled...I really dont want my grandkids to have to put up with another short dumpy dictator....Please someone give me a key to turn...Ill do it if no one else has the Ba11$

Everyone have a great evening

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
You get a good service connection. Keep whining.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Sir you've provided nothing but more taxes for me to pay for VA visits.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by IknowJack

Takes two keys, I'll give you a hand.

And don't worry about starfighter he doesn't understand you pay for the VA visits with your own taxes and benefit deductions. His taxes go to important stuff, like congrssional retirements.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
How could it be possible to Baby Kim attacking the USA, if the guy is a total assumed admirer of American culture, like for instance the NBA or the Hollywood scene, in wich he is a total fan, Connoisseur & follower...Something doesnt match here at all, just my 2 cents...

BTW, Castro had some friends (countries and presidents), Chavez had some friends (countries and presidents), Ahmadinejad some too...does anyone knows about any countries&presidents friendly to Baby Kim..!?

edit on 28-3-2013 by AngelsDecay because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Never trust a madman who has nuclear weapons and is threatening to use them.I think NK is on its last legs and capable of any insanity.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Okay, according to the Federation of American Scientists, whose reports and data are cited as a world authority on the topics and used by Congress, there is only one Missile that could possibly hit Hawaii, which the DPRK could have. Only one variant of one class.

Taep'o-d ong-2
Stages: 2
Range: 3,500 - 12,000km (Hypothetical / Unknown Status Per Reports)

Odds are, they aren't anything like functional for that long range and would be 100% untested by definition. It's pure math and nothing more. Missouri is inside the range of that weapon by almost a full 2,000 kilometers .... IF Kim has them and IF they are actually in number or condition to perform to the best world estimates of outside performance. (and he's still many moons from a nuclear warhead to fit and function when he JUST popped his first working test shot, IMO)

Same weapon though. Same performance stats and same range issues. IF Hawaii is in range, it's in range of the same one that has an outer 12,000 kilometer range. ...to the best information available right now.

History and Background of NK's ICBM program

They've been working away on this since 1987. It's important to note too, the only one known to exist for specific numbers doesn't even get much past the half way point to Hawaii.. I honestly don't know what the fuss is about. It's his artillery killing a few hundred thousand people in Seoul within 60-90 minutes of starting that bothers me a whole lot more. (2 posts in a row to tell me the specs don't indicate what they do? ouch)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join