It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dead will Rise? The Fairy tales of Religion...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

If this is the case, then what of those who claim near death experiences where they have been one place or another?

it could be just a dream like state and they see what they subconciously have taken in all through life.
Or
it could be a jump to the future, time is not really linear, we just feel it that way, the Judgement day must have already happened, we just havn't reached there.

Does
this mean that Satan himself has not
yet even entered the gates of Hell?

yes, satan has a respite till Judgement day and is busy collecting more company.

And, last but not least, to interject a
question to the thread in general, if
creamation or destruction of the body
were to interfere with Judgement Day,
what of those poor people who,
through no fault of their own, die in horrible accidents such as fires,
volcanoes, earthquakes, or even
murders? Are all if these multitudes
damned to hell and preselected before
death, so they don't matter anyway? I
find that hard to believe. The very thought itself is ignorant and unfair to
those innocents.

a body is not required for resurrection. And mode of death or burial/creamation is not an obstacle for God.
Everybody will be resurrected and answerable equally and it would not be unfair.
If we have common sense to think this, how can the Maker of common sense miss it.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
He was just using that as a tool to ridicule the authority of the Bible.

Geez, you sure like to read into things, don't you?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The dead continue to rise to Life.

A very popular example would be Saul becoming Paul

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

You never have anything of substance to add to any discussion . . .
Maybe I need to simplify what I wrote to make it more easily understood.
Jesus being sent by The Father, as the Son, gives him the authority to judge the dead on 'The Day of The Lord', and is what gives him the ability to claim the right to tell the people listening to him that they have already 'passed judgment', those who believe in him.
By 'spiritualizing' Jesus' statement like you did, you are actually weakening and making of no effect the very basis of his ability to make the claims he is making.

edit on 26-3-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I disagree with you and your teachings, and honestly through your wordy ignorance I am repulsed.

Next.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

I don't teach anyone...

And honestly, who asked you anyways?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

What ever happened to tolerance? I'm pretty sure no one twisted your arm to read the thread, so why comment with something that adds absolutely nothing to the discussion? You must be pretty insecure with your faith if someone else's opinion "repulses" you. LOL

People literally rising from their graves is a little far-fetched if you ask me. How do they plan on rising if they don't have any muscles to move or a brain to think with?

S&F OP, ignore the ones who are too insecure to actually debate their beliefs, they wouldn't put up much of a fight anyways.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by Wonders

What ever happened to tolerance? I'm pretty sure no one twisted your arm to read the thread, so why comment with something that adds absolutely nothing to the discussion? You must be pretty insecure with your faith if someone else's opinion "repulses" you. LOL

People literally rising from their graves is a little far-fetched if you ask me. How do they plan on rising if they don't have any muscles to move or a brain to think with?

S&F OP, ignore the ones who are too insecure to actually debate their beliefs, they wouldn't put up much of a fight anyways.

Baseless accusations, rediculous questions, flawed logic, these are the traits of a brown nosing flatterer.

Here's what I think about tolerance:
ATS 'Tolerating religious intolerance'
I did add something to the discussion, MY opinion, which I am entitled to. Is there some silly ATS rule where you're not allowed to voice a disagreement? This isn't a church building where the congregation isn't allowed to distrupt the preacher's sermon, I'm allowed to respond with my thoughts here, in spite of the hypocritical scarecrows.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

Technically you didn't add anything to the discussion aside from your dislike for my thread... which has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

IF I wanted peoples opinions I would have asked for them in the OP

Though you do have a point, you are welcome to that opinion...

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by Wonders

Technically you didn't add anything to the discussion aside from your dislike for my thread... which has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Nothing to do with the topic? I would not have commented in that manner if what I said had NOTHING to do with your teaching.
IF you hadn't "wanted peoples opinions" I doubt you would have posted this thread.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonders

reply to post by Wonders

Nothing to do with the topic? I would not have commented in that manner if what I said had NOTHING to do with your teaching.
IF you hadn't "wanted peoples opinions" I doubt you would have posted this thread.

Actually IF I cared about peoples opinions I wouldn't have posted this or any other thread on this forum...

For the most part, when people reply they add something of substance... You added an opinion with no thoughts on the matter...

Now a good troll would do something like that... They do tend to hide themselves under bridges, only coming out to snack on the occasional sheep... or perhaps to scare a traveler attempting to cross said bridge.

Which is exactly what you did... By only leaving your disgusted opinion of my thread... and adding nothing of substance to the thread... You become that troll...

You jumped out from under your bridge only to say "BOO... I don't like you"

You're already expressed the fact that you don't trust me on other threads... Is it really necessary to do it repeatedly?

Especially since you're actually talking to a troll slayer...

IF you don't like my threads.... don't reply in them...

And if you do reply, at least give a reason for your dislike/disgust... or you are nothing more then another troll...

In which case you know the way back to your bridge... slink back from whence ye came.

edit on 26-3-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

now i know whom to call when i have an infestation in my threads

btw, do read my thread if you havn't yet about 'challenge of Quran'
i would like your opinions.The Challenge of Quran
edit on 26-3-2013 by logical7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by logical7
reply to post by Akragon

now i know whom to call when i have an infestation in my threads

btw, do read my thread if you havn't yet about 'challenge of Quran'
i would like your opinions.
edit on 26-3-2013 by logical7 because: (no reason given)

haha!

I don't lend my services to others...

I've read your thread a few times actually... but unfortunately I didn't see any challenge....

I do love a good challenge though.... maybe you might clarify said challenge for me?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

haha! I don't lend my services to others...

Too bad! Then i'l just have to watch you and learn..

I've read your thread a few times actually... but unfortunately I didn't see any challenge.... I do love a good challenge though.... maybe you might clarify said challenge for me?

the challenge is in the OP, to created minimum 3 verses(a chapter and smallest has 3 verses) like or better than what Qur'an has and match it in excellence of language, rhyme, informativeness etc
the thread got derailed, maybe i did it.
can you raise the dead thread back to topic?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Been having a think on the raise the dead thing. Try and follow this please fundamentalist kooks, maybe it will enlighten you. OK, someone dies. No prob there. They're dead. Off to the crematorium they go. Poof! up in smoke! out the chimney goes a huge amount of their mass. The rest is put into a jar and given to the grieving relative.
The relative takes the jar and reverantly spreads the ashes under a tree, off the edge of a cliff overlooking the ocean, tipped into the sea at a favorite fishing spot. Get the picture?

Now, the remains,up out of the chimney, in the ground, floating around in the air or settling on the ocean floor are absorbed by other organisms. Let's for the fun of it say by prawn that in turn is eaten by a fish. Along comes "fred". He catches, cleans, cooks and eats the yummy fish. Now part of original dead bloke is making up part of Fred's brain (fish is good brain food they say).

Now along comes reverand joe. He whoops and hollars and raises original dead person from the dead.

Poor ol fred ends up brain damaged as the atoms that originally made up said dead person ae needed for the dead person to come back to life.

Yep, gotta love the raise em from the dead cult

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

You jumped out from under your bridge only to say "BOO... I don't like you"

You're already expressed the fact that you don't trust me on other threads... Is it really necessary to do it repeatedly?

IF you don't like my threads.... don't reply in them...

And if you do reply, at least give a reason for your dislike/disgust... or you are nothing more then another troll...

I think it's a little more complicated than that. While it is true that I do not like you, and that I have expressed my dislike for all the other times you were spouting lies, I would dislike someone like you with any other username and with any other hideous avatar based on my perception towards the things they say, because lying to people, even in a sweet gentle tone of voice is still lying and though they may feel like they've got a nice petting from you, it's still a lie.
My main reason for responding the way I did was because of this particular lie you told:

In human history there is absolutely no evidence that Anyone has ever risen from the dead...

This is untrue, you may be ignorant of the evidence, but believe it or not, there is evidence. As you can see I hardly care to bring forth more evidence, because I believe that if you cared about the truth you'd look into such a matter and come to the same logical conclusions I have before you'd go and make a thread telling others that those who said the dead will rise in the bible didn't actually mean what they said. Therefore I assumed that you would reject what I'd say about it even if I did bring it up because if you won't take what what said in the bible seriously, then why should I expect you to take me seriously? But since you feigned interest for the sake of your followers I agreed to tell you my reason for my disgust.

I am a human, I have a history, I've experienced the evidence first hand. I can tell you right now, there were no fireworks in the sky when I came back to life, no press conferences, not even a visit to the nurse's tent, those things are not necessary.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

Good man... coming back to redeem yourself...

First off, I don't lie...

Perhaps I am "ignorant" to this so called evidence of people rising from the dead... but at least I will gladly admit to that...

Secondly, you'll notice if you read through this disgusting thread... I did not reject any "evidence" brought forth by our members... I would point out page 4, in which murgatroid presented some of what he claims is "evidence" of people rising from the dead... and I said specifically to him... I got nothing!

I would dislike someone like you with any other username and with any other hideous avatar based on my perception towards the things they say, because lying to people, even in a sweet gentle tone of voice is still lying and though they may feel like they've got a nice petting from you, it's still a lie.

How very Christian of you... Judging people by their avatar... Love it

Therefore I assumed that you would reject what I'd say about it even if I did bring it up because if you won't take what what said in the bible seriously, then why should I expect you to take me seriously?

How can anyone take you seriously when you offer no actual thoughts on the matter?

But since you feigned interest for the sake of your followers I agreed to tell you my reason for my disgust.

I have followers?

This is news to me... Good to know though... I'll have to keep an eye out for them...

I am a human, I have a history, I've experienced the evidence first hand. I can tell you right now, there were no fireworks in the sky when I came back to life, no press conferences, not even a visit to the nurse's tent, those things are not necessary.

And if you had said that in the first place we wouldn't be where we are right now... would we?

Do yourself a favor.... Next time you reply to someones thread don't assume that person won't take you seriously...

That way you'll avoid proving yourself to be a troll...

Also lets keep in mind, NO ONE EVER has risen from their grave... I mentioned "zombies" in the OP... the walking dead... Corpses jumping out of their graves who have been long dead... I merely happen to use the bible as a platform for my argument.

I also said repeatedly Jesus might have been the exception to that rule Though perhaps you missed that because you were so eager to troll my thread with your opinions of me...

Again, how very Christian of you...

In any case i appreciate your actual response... even after we all this nonsense...

Im sure we'll chat again soon... I'll make sure of it

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonders
Baseless accusations, rediculous questions, flawed logic, these are the traits of a brown nosing flatterer.

Baseless accusations? Your comment added nothing to the flow of the discussion, so your post speaks for itself.

When people make ridiculous claims like people rising from their graves, I'm going to ask questions. They are no more ridiculous than your belief.

Flawed logic is when you believe people rising from the dead is logical.

Here's what I think about tolerance:
ATS 'Tolerating religious intolerance'
I did add something to the discussion, MY opinion, which I am entitled to. Is there some silly ATS rule where you're not allowed to voice a disagreement? This isn't a church building where the congregation isn't allowed to distrupt the preacher's sermon, I'm allowed to respond with my thoughts here, in spite of the hypocritical scarecrows.

No, this definitely isn't church where no one is allowed to voice their opinion, but when you do you should be respectful and have something of worth to add. Coming in and calling the OP repulsive is neither of those two things.

By the way, just because I agree with the OP doesn't mean I'm a "brown-noser".

Grow up.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The hardest thing about the Zombie Apocolyps is prentending to not enjoy it!!!!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join