The Dead will Rise? The Fairy tales of Religion...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The dead are those who do not understand or haven't realized what Jesus was talking about in his ministry...

"the words that I speak unto you they are spirit and they are life"
Those people never "woke up" then.

Unless you imagine he meant in another life, something Jesus never mentions.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by Akragon

The dead are those who do not understand or haven't realized what Jesus was talking about in his ministry...

"the words that I speak unto you they are spirit and they are life"
Those people never "woke up" then.

Unless you imagine he meant in another life, something Jesus never mentions.

They woke up when their bodies expired...

At which time all will know the truth of God...

And Jesus did mention a "world to come"

edit on 25-3-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

reply to post by adjensen

. . . Paul, he talks about putting on a body of incorruptibility . . .
He said in 1 Corinthians 15:54,

. . . this perishable body puts on imperishability, and this mortal body puts on immortality . . .

according to the NSRV translation,
so is not describing putting on a new body.
Jesus did not leave a body in the tomb when he was resurrected.

The inevitable conclusion one would come to, then, is that no one whose body was destroyed (by fire, nuclear blast, time, etc, which means pretty much all bodies,) could not be saved and we know that is not true.

Ergo, a body is not required for resurrection, ergo, no zombie apocalypse, sorry.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

In that case then, it was rather silly for Jesus to go to all that trouble coming to earth and being crucified.
He could just have them convinced as they come through the conveyor belt of life and death (according to your theory).

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

In that case then, it was rather silly for Jesus to go to all that trouble coming to earth and being crucified.
He could just have them convinced as they come through the conveyor belt of life and death (according to your theory).

You find it silly that Jesus came to show us how the true God, the Father of creation wants us to live?

Interesting...

John 13:15
For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.

edit on 25-3-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

The inevitable conclusion one would come to, then, is that no one whose body was destroyed (by fire, nuclear blast, time, etc, which means pretty much all bodies,) could not be saved and we know that is not true.
If you don't believe in the Bible, then why quote it?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
Wasn't it you that said in my thread... Can you deny reincarnation exists?

Theres things that God can do, and what he won't do?

I don't know, my most recent post on the subject was "just because he can do something, doesn't mean that he does do something." But it's also true that there are things that God can do, but won't (like sending another "Noah" type flood.) But I'm not sure how that applies here -- if God wants to raise people from their graves, even if there's nothing of their physical being there, I don't see why he wouldn't.

The omnipotence argument is mostly there for issues of "impossibility" that people think disproves God.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

If you don't believe in the Bible, then why quote it?

What's your scriptural reference for saying that a person whose body is destroyed cannot be saved?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You find it silly that Jesus came to show us how the true God, the father of creation wants us to live?

Interesting...
Your fabricated-from-imagination scenario is silly.
According to your theory, Jesus could just tell people in whatever place they show up in.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

That's a good point and reveals that here in the manifest creation is where the rubber actually meets the road so to speak. Jesus also preached that John the Baptist was the literal reincarnation of Elijah.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Jesus also preached that John the Baptist was the literal reincarnation of Elijah.

Argh.

Off-topic, but no, he did not.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

What's your scriptural reference for saying that a person whose body is destroyed cannot be saved?
That is your fantasy scenario you believe is "inevitable" if scripture is to be believed.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Some believe it already happened. You might find the non-canonical "Gospel of Nicodemus" (aka "Acts of Pilate") interesting reading, which purports that the dead did rise from their graves after Jesus rose from the grave, and not just in Israel. I believe there are similar contemporary accounts from Rome, but right now I do not recall any specific works citing same.

The "Gospel of Nicodemus" is one of the so-called "lost" or "banned" or "hidden" books of the Bible excluded by the Nicene Council (and subsequent meetings of the ptb) who determined which manuscripts would and would not be contained in the Bible.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

You find it silly that Jesus came to show us how the true God, the father of creation wants us to live?

Interesting...
Your fabricated-from-imagination scenario is silly.
According to your theory, Jesus could just tell people in whatever place they show up in.

Zombies are fabricated-from-imagination

Im talking real life.... In real life, the dead do not rise from their graves...

And if you believe Jesus to be God... could he not tell people in whatever place they showed up in?

Whatever that means?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Jesus also preached that John the Baptist was the literal reincarnation of Elijah.

Argh.

Off-topic, but no, he did not.

He sure did.

As John’s disciples were leaving, Jesus began to speak to the crowd about John: “What did you go out into the wilderness to see? A reed swayed by the wind? 8 If not, what did you go out to see? A man dressed in fine clothes? No, those who wear fine clothes are in kings’ palaces. 9 Then what did you go out to see? A prophet? Yes, I tell you, and more than a prophet. 10 This is the one about whom it is written:

“‘I will send my messenger ahead of you,
who will prepare your way before you.’[c]
11 Truly I tell you, among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet whoever is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. 12 From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been subjected to violence,[d] and violent people have been raiding it. 13 For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John. 14 And if you are willing to accept it, he is the Elijah who was to come. 15 Whoever has ears, let them hear.

Mathew 11

edit on 25-3-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

That is your fantasy scenario you believe is "inevitable" if scripture is to be believed.

What?

Sorry, I don't understand what you're saying -- do you believe that scripture teaches that a person whose body is destroyed cannot be saved? If so, post the chapter and verse. If not, you're agreeing with me, so why are you criticizing me?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

He was saying that John fulfilled the requirement of Malachi of a forerunner for the Lord.
Some people held the theory in Jesus' time that it would be Elijah.
Rather than get into that argument, he said John was the forerunner, if you can accept it, which you would, if you believed Jesus.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Jesus wasn't a liar.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

That is not what that teaches. As I said, it's off-topic, and Akragon and I have filled numerous threads with our debate on the subject, so just look around a more relevant thread and you'll see the argument.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

-- do you believe that scripture teaches that a person whose body is destroyed cannot be saved?
No, you do.
That is your conclusion, not mine.
You believe that is the inevitable conclusion if you accept the New Testament.
All I was doing was saying what it says.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join