It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The GPS "Smart Shoe"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Ever wish you could "click your heels" to go home?

Well now, you CAN!!! Introducing the "GPS Smart Shoe". Designed for the elderly, people with Alzheimer or Dementia, and even kids that have wandered off.
GPS Smart Shoe

You've seen the silver alerts on the news many times. An elderly person wanders off and can't find their way back home. If you have a loved one with Alzheimers disease the numbers show there is a big chance they'll wander off. But there is a new invention that could help you find them faster than police.

Tracking Alzheimer's & dementia patients in real-time with a GPS Shoe tracking device which sends an alert to the caregiver or family member if dementia patient wanders away. Up to 70% of Alzheimer's and dementia patients will wander during the course of the disease. Technology can now be used to provide dementia help and suport to dementia caregivers.
Aetrex

The Aetrex GPS Shoes feature the latest GPS tracking technology embedded in the base of the right heel, providing real-time tracking. At frequent and specific time intervals, the GPS tracking device sends a signal to the central monitoring station determining the wearer’s exact location and relays that information to a tracking website for you to view (contingent upon enrollment in a separate monthly tracking plan).

The premise of the technology is based on alerting you when your loved one has wandered off too far from a preset location, allowing you to set up a geographic boundary known as a “geozone”. When the individual wanders off and leaves the preset geozone, you are quickly notified via an email or SMS text to your mobile phone. The service also provides emergency tracking in case you need to locate a loved one immediately.

This seems like an appropriately prophetic song.
The only thing i see this being used for, is to TRACK us.
Purchase your GPS Smart Shoe here

Side note: Ya gotta love the way they spin their agenda. It's always for our "best interests" and "safety".
They're just soooooo concerned about the sheeple.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I think you are overreacting OP, it is just a simple device used to help keep our elderly and children safe. No conspiracy here. Souns like an ingenouse fix to a very real problem.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I'm sure these things would be a good investment for people who like to binge drink.

Cool idea, has potential to be invaded by aliens or government, but for now I think it would be helpful.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by RobertF
I think you are overreacting OP, it is just a simple device used to help keep our elderly and children safe. No conspiracy here. Souns like an ingenouse fix to a very real problem.
It always starts that way. Next, they'll be implanting....oh wait, they already do that.
Seems to me like the classic: Problem, reaction, solution technique. That "solution" is never really for our benefit. We just have to be conditioned to think it is, before we "accept" that it is.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I think this is a great idea for elderly and children with a knack for running off (I was one of them) so I really do believe this is a helpful tool. It doesn't seem like you need to put any personal information to it, so really, who are they tracking? "They" would have no idea who is wearing the shoes, for all they know some homeless man found them in a dumpster and doesn't even know what is going on

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamaraTen
The only thing i see this being used for, is to TRACK us.

Tripe.

Got a cell phone? They already do.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamaraTen
Next, they'll be implanting....oh wait, they already do that.

Well, no, no they don't.

Implants can't be tracked anyway, total piffle.

top topics

join