It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking the Autism/Vaccine Link - Penn and Teller

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rubinstein

Well I did used to believe in the 9/11 conspiracy too, but then I watched Penn & Teller and they came out with a convincing debunking of it. They are great at getting complete conspiracy idiots and showing everyone how foolish they are

You don't sound very bright.

Do you always believe whatever you are told? Can you not research the subject and come to your own satisfactory conclusion?

Do you absolutely require a visual education by a bad entertainer with a chip on his shoulder?

'Deny Ignorance' huh. Seems like this forum embraces it. No one is doubting the necessity for avoiding diseases, but when there are clear parallels between vaccines and autism, it's time to use your own common sense. It's becoming clear now, that the people have lost their common sense and trust their government completely, even when time and time again, their government has shown itself to be intentionally deceptive and dangerous.

Autism was.a rarity in western nations, a hundred years ago, and its still a rarity in some obscure parts of the world.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Does the pro-vaccine crowd ever think to investigate why autism is in the rise? Or are they only interested in debunking?

If it's not vaccines, what is it? Do you care? Will you invest some of your intellectual energy into finding out, or at least make a donation to an organization that does?

When I was a kid there were NO autistic kids. None. I grew up in a dirt-poor trailer trash town and the kids weren't half as spacey, distracted, disruptive, emotionally disturbed and learning disabled as my students are today. I am a teacher, and I would say the 1 in 50 statistic is low.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Oh brother!! If your "evidence" that there is no link between vaccines and autism is a mainstream Penn and Teller hatchet job, with obvious pathetic bias, then you have no case.

They admit in the video that they are "C level celebrity nut jobs". That was one of the only true statements in that whole piece. You might as well have posted a video "brought to you courtesy of Merck / Pfizer".

Lots of theatrics, lots of slander and ridicule, nothing solid.

Nice try, no cigar.

Well I did used to believe in the 9/11 conspiracy too, but then I watched Penn & Teller and they came out with a convincing debunking of it. They are great at getting complete conspiracy idiots and showing everyone how foolish they are

by "they"; i take it you mean penn and teller are the idiots.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
This is 8 years university chemistry, biology and intensive experience in statistical design talking with a graduate 3.84 gpa and 4.00 major gpa. Until you've paid the price and earned the right, keep your mouth shut. That includes having an autistic child as well as earning serious academic credentials in research. I'm also one of tens of thousands who watched their kid's personality vaporize within a few days of every MMR shot, we're not stupid, and you don't need a scientific study to prove the obvious, like saying there's no link between planets and gravity. To say that vaccinations don't cause autism is beyond stupid as well as beyond incomprehensibly cruel to those kids who have been severely damaged, and their parents, sometimes dying agonizing deaths. The big question is why Big Pharma and the fed have devoted themselves so completely to denying it. As for these wild tales of polio and other diseases that have been eradicated by vaccines, if you examine very carefully when and how these data were collected, you'll find that this also, surprise suprise surprise, is also a lie. Enough said, I've put out thousands of hours these past several years trying to set people straight, now it's time to enjoy retirement.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Why is nobody giving my thread flags? Has anyone watched the video?

we're watching it, but it's just.....bulls**t.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by cusanus

To add a bit, after watching this video by Penn and Teller (who?), one comment they've made, with the usual non professional loudmouth outrage, was about the aluminum in vaccines being harmless because a large portion of the earth's crust (paraphrasing here) is non toxic aluminum. The deception here, and it's a big one, is that free aluminum, not just metal but freely ioned aluminum, very rarely occurs in nature. The true fact is that, yes, aluminum is a prevalent compound in nature, but that's because it is bound very tightly in silicates, there is almost no free aluminum. Free aluminum, not to say metal exactly, but aluminum salts and other compounds that readily disocciate is extremely toxic, it definitely does cause Alzehimer's (even the fed's scientists admit that), and it will contribute to autism symptoms causing a synergistic effect with mercury and other nasties found in vaccines. I'm very familiar with such things because of extensive training with a high GPA in plant physiology and soil science from long before I had a child who became progrssively autistic abruptly following four MMR shots. I could as well point out that every other word that comes out of the mouths of these foul mouthed comics is a blatant lie, but I'll keep it to this one example that isn't all that difficult to check out. Plants typically thrive in soils where aluminum is a major constituent, but they take up very little of it since it's locked tightly within the silicate lattice. If the soil has a very low pH, aluminum becomes soluble and is extremely toxic to plants. So, these are the facts, free aluminum in vaccines is very toxic as are the other ingredients, they do cause pronounced and immediate autism and other damages in many children, Dr. Wakefield's study was not a fraud, nor was it necessary because thousands of parents saw it happen first hand. It is the government, the medical industry and tycoons like Bill Gates who are lying through their teeth. Vaccines cause autism. FACT!
edit on 23-3-2013 by cusanus because: corrected typo

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

FACT: More people need to understand that correlation is not causation

ok, say someone shoots you in the face....did the bullet kill you, or was it a heart attack?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

My child has been diagnosed with autism and I believe it was due to a vaccine injury and I want to file a claim. What should I do?

Currently, there are nearly 5,000 pending cases of regressive autism following vaccination that have been filed in the VICP. The cases are being handled in a group referred to as “Omnibus Hearings.” In the past, the program has awarded compensation to children who suffered a brain inflammation/encephalopathy after receiving DPT or DTaP vaccine and suffered permanent brain damage, including autism.

This webpage provides information on how to file a vaccine injury claim, links and resources on vaccine injury compensation to aid those who believe that they have suffered a vaccine injury and to raise awareness of the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program.

NVIC's co-founders worked with Congress on the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act of 1986, which acknowledged that vaccine injuries and deaths are real and that the vaccine injured and their families should be financially supported and that vaccine safety protections were needed in the mass vaccination system.

The VICP is funded by a surcharge on all doses of vaccines recommended by the CDC for “universal use” by all children. Monies from the surcharge are placed in a Trust Fund maintained by the government for use to pay vaccine victims. (By 2009, nearly $2 billion had been awarded to vaccine victims even though two out of three plaintiffs are denied compensation and there was a nearly $3 billion surplus in the VICP Trust Fund).

Be sure to check out the NVIC webpage

"Nuff said!

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Come on man, the government wouldn't kill their own people? Think about that

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
I used to love the Penn and Teller show right up until that did the episode that claims there was nothing unusual about the twin towers collapsing.

They went from being hero's to idiots in one episode. There is no coming back from that.

and nobody is/was saying that "the government" did it..

seriously...penn and teller are very entertaining, but if you can't see the slant in their shows, then you're blind...

they went from "totally awesome" to "shill" in a very short period of time...

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Let me ask you this, please answer honestly, would you say that most of the anti-vaccine people appear to be of lower IQ than the pro-vaccine crowd? Please, be honest on that. I mean, watch the video at the start of the thread and look at the anti-vaccine people, you can't tell me they're not lower IQ?

again...notice the slant?

they get the craziest-looking people on their show to represent the side they're being paid to hate on. they get people who are fat, stupid looking, have lousy speaking skills, and they quote them out of context, and maket hem look as ignorant, and crazy as possible, so they can poke fun at them on the ADR. meanwhile, the people they use for their "experts" are usually very clean cut, well dressed, and have some sort of "degree", which is an appeal to authority...most people don't even see it..

seriously, if you are gonna make your argument with a video starring vegas magician shills, well, you really have no argument, do you?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Sometimes it takes the likes of Penn and Teller to prove what scientists are struggling with, just because they don't have certificates if you watch the video you'll see it's 100% solid and conclusive

but it's not....

while they have some good points, they also don't actually prove anything. it's just them ridiculing people who disagree with the current issuer of their meal ticket..

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Come on, how could a vaccine harm someone? It's tiny, you're talking about an incredibly small dosage. How could that cause a disease?

Critical thinking is what's needed on this debate

tiny, compared to us, you idiot. NOT tiny compared to an infant. these "harmless" amounts of mercury from manufacturing may not hurt grown adults, but infants with still developing brains are another story altogether.

critical thinking is saying "hey, heavy metals in any amount isn't really good for you", MAYBE i shouldn't give it to my infant

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   

I'd be perfectly happy to receive 1,000 vaccines all at the same time to prove this once and for all. Maybe I could make a documentary in the style of 'SuperSize Me', I would call it 'SuperVaccinate Me'. After receiving the vaccines we'd wait a few hours and see if I was ok, then that would be proof that vaccines are safe.

Does anybody know what the world record number of vaccines a person has received before? I'm quite interested in becoming the world record holder. Maybe I can get sponsorship from the pharmaceuticals to fund the cost of the vaccines. Or perhaps Penn and Teller could help me make the documentary.

Seriously people, how can mercury be so bad when we've all had it in our houses in thermometers for decades, wouldn't we all be dead by now if mercury was poisonous?

edit on 22-3-2013 by Rubinstein because: (no reason given)

i really hope you're trolling...if not, i feel sorry to have met someone with an IQ just barely north of room temperature..

SuperSize Me was a joke..was so full of nonsense, and bias, it was painful to watch...spurlock is an idiot.

and in case you didn't notice, the mercury in a thermometer is encased in glass...you're not exposed to it..

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

I understand fully that its 1%. I don't like to use the term non existent, so I chose to you the percentage of less than 1%. But if you analyze that statistics among Amish children of which the family practices full beliefs, you will find that Autism simply does not exist. Even the small number of children that were ever diagnosed with Autism in Amish cultures have showed to be either adopted, or from families that received vaccines due to partial Amish practices... e.g. Mennonites. At the same time, I think it would be an unfair statement to say that Autism never occurred in an Amish child. Does it occur at the rate of children of which received vaccines... absolutely not. Feel free to research the percentages yourself... don't take my word on it.

I don't try to decide the use of vaccines for others. If a person chooses to risk a 1% chance of induced Autism in their child or children, than that is their choice. As being someone who resided for quite some time around Amish cultures, I have first hand witness... or should I say non-witness, that I have never met an Amish person with Autism. My research into not witnessing this 'red flag' has further re-insured MY BELIEF, that there is a correlation between the realities of Autism and the use of vaccines.

That correlation aside, logic tells me that I'm going to go ahead and let the masses get their children vaccines and cross their fingers. All the while, the overall presence of the diseases that vaccines prevent will diminish the odds of the disease being presented to a child of mine that isn't issued vaccines. At the same time, I'm going to go ahead and feel safer that the chance of my children getting Autism will be next to 0%. Again, this is what seems logical to practice for MY CHILDREN... I can't speak for yours, as they are your children.

When was the last time you've met a person with a diagnosis of Polio in recent years? I have yet to see it as prevalent in current times. If it's not so much around anymore, then that's all the more reason to not issue the vaccine for it. Maybe you feel safer issuing a vaccine for something that is less likely to occur than the realities of Autism occurring?

How's the saying go? Ask your doctor if it's right for you!

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Rubinstein

Oh, i hate you so f**king much right now, lol

-sigh- we got rick-rolled...goddamnit..

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   

OK, so some of you guessed it, yes my opening post was sarcastic, I was taking the mickey out of people who actually get science advice from Penn and Teller, which quite worryingly some people do. Now that we've got this to the front page it's important to point out the reality about the dangers of vaccines.

I do strongly believe that vaccines should be held off till age 18 when the person can decide for themselves if they want to receive the toxic jabs. It violates our human rights to receive vaccines as children, the current vaccination schedule is a crime against humanity and something needs to be done!

By the way antivaxxer people, it's ok to flag this now

You didn't really just let your thread run 5 pages before saying that on a misrepresented OP, while making such a big deal out of flags, you'd think that was more the point of the thread than the OP story itself. Naww... You didn't? Did you?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Methinks they dost protest too much! When the media (whether 'news' or entertainment) go overboard and tell me to do something (ESPECIALLY when smattered with profanity) the alarm bells go off in my head and compel me to do the complete opposite!

I switched off about three minutes in when they attributed the decline of many diseases to the vaccines, when for many, the deaths per 100,000 infected was already in decline BEFORE the vaccines came along, thanks to better sanitation and diet.

Too one-sided.

I saw an episode of The Doctors (some crap daytime show designed for a mind-numbed audience) where they spouted on about how you should get your kids vaccinated. Lo and behold, Merck popped up as one of the show's sponsors in the credits!

You cannot tell me these shows are impartial!

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Yeah right. Penn and Teller are a pair of Numpties paid off by the Government to spread disinformation. You mentioned the 9/11 conspiracy. Tell me. How does a Boeing 757 fold up and fit through a 16 foot wide hole?

Anyone who believe the official fairy story of 9/11 is a couple of cans short of a six pack.

In regards to Vaccines I have refused those poisons for years now. The ingredients of those poisons are pretty nasty. They can and sometimes do affect the brain. Hence the Autism. There are other substances out there that affect the brain like MSG Mono-Sodium-Glutamate found in processed foods, junk food and Vaccines!!! Strange! Why are they putting another Brain destroying substance in Vaccines?

Do u know what MSG does to the brain? It reprograms your taste receptors to make your brain tell you that what your eating tastes nice.

Let's look at the brain destroying chemicals in Vaccines!

• Aluminum - A light metal that causes dementia and Alzheimer's disease. You should never inject yourself with aluminum.
• Antibiotics - Chemicals that promote super bugs, which are deadly antibiotic-resistant strains of bacteria that are killing tens of thousands of Americans every year.
• Formaldehyde - A "pickling" chemical used to preserve cadavers. It's highly toxic to the nervous system, causing blindness, brain damage and seizures. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services openly admits that formaldehyde causes cancer.
• Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) - A neurotoxic chemical called an "excitotoxin." It causes brain neurons to be overexcited to the point of death. MSG is toxic even when consumed in foods, where it causes migraine headaches and endocrine system damage. You should NEVER inject MSG into your body. But that's what health workers do when they inject you with vaccines.
• Thimerosal - A methyl mercury compound that causes severe, permanent nervous system damage. Mercury is highly toxic to the brain. You should never touch, swallow or inject mercury at any dose. There is no safe dose of mercury! Doctors and vaccine pushers LIE to you and say there is no mercury in vaccines. Even the CDC readily admits vaccines still contain mercury (thimerosal).

What's really in Vaccines?

Now, consider this: The most common side effect of a vaccine injection is a headache. The CDC admits that over 30 percent of those receiving vaccines experience headaches or migraines. Gee, think about it: What could possibly be in vaccines that would cause headaches, migraines and brain damage?

Feel that headache after a vaccine? That's the feeling of chemicals eating your brain. Nom nom nom nom.

So what were those two idiots Penn and Teller saying about Autism?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   

I WRITE IN CAPS. BECAUSE OF VISION PROBLEMS!!!
THESE GUYS ARE IDIOTS...READ THE BOOKS "EMERGING VIRUSES: AIDS AND EBOLA NATURE ACCIDENT OR INTENTIONAL", BY LEONARD HOROWITZ AND "AIDS THE CRIME BEYOND BELIEF", BY DONALD SCOTT...AIDS WAS SPREAD IN AFRICA THROUGH THE SMALLPOX VACCINES, ADMINISTERED BY THE "WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION" (WHO) AND "UNITED NATIONS", BOTH ROCKEFELLER CREATED ORGANIZATIONS. IN AMERICA, AIDS WAS STARTED THROUGH THE HEPATITIS B VACCINE PROGRAM, IN NEW YORK AND SAN FRANCISCO, BY "MERCK PHARMACEUTICAL CO."
THE MAJORITY OF DISEASES, INCLUDING POLIO, MENTIONED BY THESE PEOPLE, WERE CREATED BY THE GOVERNMENT AND DISTRIBUTED THROUGH VACCINES...THE DISEASES WERE CREATED BY THE MILITARY/LITTON BIONETICS/THE ROCKEFELLER FOUNDATION/FUNDED BY U.S. TAXPAYERS!!!
TO SAY THESE PEOPLE "DEBUNKED AUTISM BEING CAUSED BY VACCINES", DESTROYS ANY CREDIBILITY "ATS" HAS/MAY HAVE HAD!!!
COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR SEARCH ENGINE: DR SHERRY TENPENNY VACCINES: AND: DR RUSSELL BLAYLOCK VACCINES...ATS HAS DONE ITSELF AND MEMBERS A DISSERVICE BY "SPREADING LIES/DISINFORMATION"!!!

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by CYBERFRUME

Horowitz is a douche.

I once watched a video, and counted the amount of lies I was 100% certain of coming out of his mouth past my fingers for both hands.

While he may speak some truth that the mainstream doesn't acknowledge, he certainly isn't out to help people only.

You've been duped.

edit on 23-3-2013 by CommanderCraCra because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2013 by CommanderCraCra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join