It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we Holographic beings in a Quantum Internet?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by yampa

What? You can't be serious.

You said:

I think this whole quantum computing thing is a scam and that no physical proof has ever been offered to show why making your computer use individual electrons or photons as bits equates to a special type of computation that cannot be replicated with non-quantum objects.

Quantum computers are not a scam. Quantum computers have already been built. Of course quantum computing can't be replicated by non quantum objects, whatever that means.

Have you ever heard of Shor's Algorithm?

Shor's algorithm, named after mathematician Peter Shor, is a quantum algorithm (an algorithm which runs on a quantum computer) for integer factorization formulated in 1994. Informally it solves the following problem: Given an integer N, find its prime factors.

On a quantum computer, to factor an integer N, Shor's algorithm runs in polynomial time (the time taken is polynomial in log N, which is the size of the input).[1] Specifically it takes time O((log N)3), demonstrating that the integer factorization problem can be efficiently solved on a quantum computer and is thus in the complexity class BQP. This is substantially faster than the most efficient known classical factoring algorithm, the general number field sieve, which works in sub-exponential time — about O(e1.9 (log N)1/3 (log log N)2/3).[2] The efficiency of Shor's algorithm is due to the efficiency of the quantum Fourier transform, and modular exponentiation by squarings.

If a quantum computer with a sufficient number of qubits were to be constructed, Shor's algorithm could be used to break public-key cryptography schemes such as the widely used RSA scheme. RSA is based on the assumption that factoring large numbers is computationally infeasible. So far as is known, this assumption is valid for classical (non-quantum) computers; no classical algorithm is known that can factor in polynomial time. However, Shor's algorithm shows that factoring is efficient on a quantum computer, so a sufficiently large quantum computer can break RSA. It was also a powerful motivator for the design and construction of quantum computers and for the study of new quantum computer algorithms. It has also facilitated research on new cryptosystems that are secure from quantum computers, collectively called post-quantum cryptography.

In 2001, Shor's algorithm was demonstrated by a group at IBM, who factored 15 into 3 × 5, using an NMR implementation of a quantum computer with 7 qubits.[3] However, some doubts have been raised as to whether IBM's experiment was a true demonstration of quantum computation, since no entanglement was observed.[4] Since IBM's implementation, several other groups have implemented Shor's algorithm using photonic qubits, emphasizing that entanglement was observed.[5][6] In 2012, the factorization of 15 was repeated.[7] Also in 2012, the factorization of 21 was achieved, setting the record for the largest number factored with a quantum computer. [8]

en.wikipedia.org...-8

At the end of the day, call quantum computing a scam is simply misguided and it nonsense. People shouldn't be scared of quantum computing and when you say it's a scam it's kind of disturbing.

Quantum computing already exists. We see quantum computing in Nature and there's a growing field of Quantum Biology.

A handful of quantum computers have been built. The first, a 2-qubit quantum computer in 1998, could perform trivial calculations before losing decoherence after a few nanoseconds. In 2000, teams successfully built both a 4-qubit and a 7-qubit quantum computer. Research on the subject is still very active, although some physicists and engineers express concerns over the difficulties involved in upscaling these experiments to full-scale computing systems. Still, the success of these initial steps do show that the fundamental theory is sound.

physics.about.com...

And this looks like an old article. So Quantum Computing is a fact. Scientist have already done computations on qubits. Now research is going into engineering. How can you scale up quantum computing. Here's a couple of videos.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
No.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I've been hearing about quantum computers for over a decade.

*yawn*

I don't think we're any closer today to one than we were 12 years ago, and I don't see us having a useful quantum computer in our lifetimes.
edit on 22-3-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

I think we're close.

The thing with technology is there's 2 types of change. There's gradual change and exponential change. Gradual change is slow but exponential change is dynamic. You can see the exponential change just about every week in the field of Quantum Computing. It's moving fast.

Quantum Computing News

If you just look at the gradual change, then it looks like it will never happen. Exponential changes reaches a point, a singularity so to speak, where gradual change evolves into something new.

We can look at something as simple as DVD's. For years people were saying DVD's wouldn't replace VHS because the Blockbusters and Hollywood Video's stayed packed and they made money with their "rewind or get fined" policies. When the exponential change reached a singularity then the gradual change occurred and places like Netflix changed things and Blockbuster and Hollywood video stores started shutting down.

This is what will happen with our classical laptops and Desktops. Quantum Computers will eventually allows us to talk to are computers like we talk to a friend on the phone.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tridentblue

Oh yes! I can totally see it both ways too lol

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

That's a good point!

I'm actually more excited for holographic hard drives, as I can honestly see those being utilized here in the next 20 years or so.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

I hate to burst every ones lack of reality but all mass is blinking on and off so fast they cant measure it.
Yes this means you and every thing you are looking at and the chair you are sitting in.
all atoms are breaking apart into sub-atomic particles that speed off FASTER THAN LIGHT and then it starts all over and the atom is reconstructed by tacions flying in from somewhere, some other time.mass is not solid ,we just perceive it to be solid.
So in conclusion we are in a living quantum computer trying to BUILD A QUANTUM COMPUTER.I find that so ironic and HALARIOUS.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Quantum mechanical computers will be able to solve much of mankind's woes.

If it works, what it will mean is that the computer will have VAST computing power, not only to calculate every possible reaction from the size of atoms and molecules, right down to the immense universe of today, provided we can input the correct information necessary inside.

Instead of conducting physical experiments, it would be done within the quantum mechanical computer, and its output will be an array of possile reactions to situations based upon the questions sought, and from there, to determine as best as possible that which human nature will follow.

Such results will give far better credible answers than our current computers ever can, not to mention the other knock on effects yet to be discovered in extrapoliated terms of our 5 common senses - see, hear, touch, taste, smell.

And with such computing power, the Big Blue supercomputer would be considerrf as a pre-school kid if not a relic from the dinosaur age.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

No they wont solve our problems, it will be turned into a weapon just like most other inventions.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Cognitive computing. machines that think
www.ibm.com...

Researchers at IBM have been working on a cognitive computing project called Systems of Neuromorphic Adaptive Plastic Scalable Electronics (SyNAPSE). By reproducing the structure and architecture of the brain—the way its elements receive sensory input, connect to each other, adapt these connections, and transmit motor output—the SyNAPSE project models computing systems that emulate the brain's computing efficiency, size and power usage without being programmed.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I think all the 2012 nonsense actually meant something that most don't think about because nothing magical happend at the very second it was "supposed" to.

What happens once you have a computer that can break all the past codes sealing and locking informaiton that has been kept from the massses?

Change is what happens.

The Golden Age has already started and once the codes are broken information and technology will flow freely and tear down the control structure we currently have in place.

Imagine what a world without secrets could accomplish if we just stopped being greedy carbon based life forms.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Physical reality, is mostly empty space. We see that space as full, when in fact theirs not a lot there.The only reason i have a meaningfull dialogue with that which is objective.Is because my interpretation of the input says its full when its not.
Its fair to say that the observed Universe is eternal, if thats true black holes would have recycled matter many times over, thats why i suggest that we are information smeared on an event horizon.The reason why at the quantum level light can exist in two states as a wave and a particle, is because at this level weve reached the level of our perception of this reality .At this state just observing can effect the outcome of experiments. Very similar i suggest to dreaming

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It's not selfishness these people seek, it's escape. They want answers.

Whether it's religion or it's a belief that this reality is illusion. Even the Matrix movies are an example of this. This desire to somehow escape the world we live in to a better or more expansive world.

A place without death. Without misery. Without ignorance. Without darkness.

Nobody knows what death means or what life means. Some people let go and die, but most people hold on because they do not have confidence in their knowing. They're not certain.

To not fear death requires a kind of certainty. A trust that death is nothing to fear.

And so we hold onto this reality, looking for an answer.

How anyone can hate someone who fears death or is selfish is beyond me. That's like hating a child. In my mind, we're all dumb. We don't know anything. Why should I hate anyone?

I don't hate. I just wonder what God or Thing or Process put life into being?

There is good and bad in this world. Life and death are tied together in a struggle. My best estimation is that this world is bitter sweet. I do not have a final judgment. If I were God, I could only shake my head and ask each individual creature what it thinks. But if I could leave to another world I would. But I'd only leave if I knew somewhat what I was getting into. I would leave behind what I can.
edit on 22-3-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Thank God for this revelation.

Now I can stop from trying to save the world from the obesity epidemic. All those bodies were just holograms.

Silly, silly me.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

The answer you seek is in the image bellow..

I think this somes it up the best

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadtruth

Isnt it interesting that the computer, is the one thing that has increased "extra somatic knowledge" so much that sitting on a couch using it for to long makes you obese.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Similar in a sense I'd say.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by supergravity

Really good post

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

So whatever matter is made of ..its not made of matter ..so states quantum....They might have a problem with quantum computers as the moment they are observed they change there minds.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

The holographic universe is more than a conjecture there are data points that seem to point to that possibility...

I note a flaw in your logic why in it is the "I" important ? To me the "I" is just as important as its function is. Now the question is not if the other "I"s are as important as "I" but what if the function of "I" and why do other "I" seem to exist...

As for selfishness etc that is only a human perspective and intrinsically flawed one. It becomes even hard to define selfishness if one understand "I" (himself), to have a good clue think outside of the human experience or without preconceived ideas to an age before human society started to create layers of abstraction and complexity, try then to identify your function in life what do you bring to the table that makes "I" important in relations to all other things, including the other "I"s.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join