It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does God & Man fear us so much?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrimalWisdom
Personally I think it's fear of THE TRUE NATURE OF REALITY.
Before Abrahamic religions, and their counterparts, nearly all beliefs held Goddesses as their supreme beings/God's. I believe the interaction between humans and the goddess/s were very common, and humankind had some sort of deeper understaning/connection to her, and the universe/s.

PW

The oldest records we have simply dont support this. Yes there were female "deities" very important ones or one depending on how you may look at it.....but it was always a mixture.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Opportunia

Originally posted by deadeyedick
reply to post by Opportunia

You want us to assume that Eve did not know to not eat of the tree or that Adam was ok with her eating from it? I'm not so sure of that as you seem to be.

Show me where God told Eve or instructed Adam to tell her not to eat of it. Please.
As you can see in Genesis Chapter 2, Eve wasn't created YET, he told Adam.
edit on 22-3-2013 by Opportunia because: clarification

Ok, what did Eve say to the serpent? There is your answer.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by phyllida

You have missed the point of most of the lessons of man/woman/mankind. Women have a mesmerizing quality to men. Some male female relationships the man becomes some clouded all sober judgement goes to the wayside. This without counterbalancing measures leaves the species unbalanced and reeling. It is not so much fear but an inner instinct to keep balance.

Men are the accelerator pedal and women are the breaks.

The man: Go ahead son, take the chance its worth the pain.

The woman: No son do not do that you may get hurt.

The two energies work together and so far has worked well.

Now we have lost the balance of man. The male energy is out of control in both men and women. Women want to prove they are as good at things as men (nothing wrong with it on the surface) but they are now becoming the accelerator pedal also. The feminist movement has not helped women become better women, they are just mirroring men. Why would you want that? Modern women have become manlike and are losing the beauty of the feminine energy. As this happens they will also, if it does not correct itself will lose the mesmerizing effect they had on men.

The double edged sword has been swung at you hard and you don't even know it.

Now the balance towards the male energy may consume us all.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

we already discussed that
thanks tho!

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by phyllida
reply to post by anoncoholic

I still feel that the moment God said worship me and no other etc that was the start of religion. Jesus assisted in this process as did other Prophets across the globe. When there was more than 1 religion that's when the fear set in and competition arose coupled of course with greed and jealousy.

I think until men are not the dominant force in religion the position will remain the same. Look at all the fuss and bother over including certain female written scriptures? Then we had all hell breaking loose when it was poseted that Jesus was in fact married (which of course he had to have been, he was Jewish after all). Anything that even hints at giving women any kind of power is covered up and hidden in long lost secret vaults

So again I ask what is it they are afraid of?

The Bible mentions there were women prophets who were followed by men and were told that they were pretty silly if they didn't listen to these prophets. I personally don't see where the Bible berates women at all, if anything it tried to explain why negative treatment of women is evil not to be practiced.

So I feel that evil people will always try to use tools to fool and shape their own version of reality, They twist words and tell you their interpretation IS THE TRUE interpretation. Every denomination has their own creed explaining how to interpret the words written in the Bible so it fits their criteria. What happens when you read it without all that?

It completely changed my Bible reading experience with regard to women when I dumped all the conditioning and read it using Greek and Hebrew concordances/interlinears and dictionarys.

As to your question why does the male side of our humanity fear us? They've been conditioned to do so by an ignorant society perhaps or maybe they don't want to let lose of the "illusion" of authority it got them after all this time?
edit on 24-3-2013 by Opportunia because: clarification

edit on 24-3-2013 by Opportunia because: grammar

edit on 24-3-2013 by Opportunia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Opportunia

Originally posted by phyllida
reply to post by anoncoholic

I still feel that the moment God said worship me and no other etc that was the start of religion. Jesus assisted in this process as did other Prophets across the globe. When there was more than 1 religion that's when the fear set in and competition arose coupled of course with greed and jealousy.

I think until men are not the dominant force in religion the position will remain the same. Look at all the fuss and bother over including certain female written scriptures? Then we had all hell breaking loose when it was poseted that Jesus was in fact married (which of course he had to have been, he was Jewish after all). Anything that even hints at giving women any kind of power is covered up and hidden in long lost secret vaults

So again I ask what is it they are afraid of?

The Bible mentions there were women prophets who were followed by men and were told that they were pretty silly if they didn't listen to these prophets. I personally don't see where the Bible berates women at all, if anything it tried to explain why negative treatment of women is evil not to be practiced.

Just to keep things in perspective though, none of the majior prophets are women. I am simply saying this so readers dont get some idea of parity expresed in scripture here because theres not. In addition, whoever the prophet may be there are recognized as such above all. If you got a woman running around telling you shes a prophet and the only reason no one will listen to her is because she a woman.....then I would watch out.

Prophets are not appointed by others. There are what seem to be rare exeptions but they are not really.

As well and again just to keep things flowing closer to the truth, although there are a few female prophets, one was really a judge, the bible does have some harsh things to say about some women and women in general that are in fact far to harsh and clear to be shunted down to an interprative problem.

Anytime you see women trying to exsert themselves, with a chip on their shoulder about their gender watch out. Women dont have a licence to this enhumility simply because they are women. Now all humans rebel but the truth is when women rebel based on gender in a spritual setting they certainly look like Eve in the garden as she was the mother of rebelion.....and man followed her lead....and we know the rest of the story.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Anytime you see women trying to exsert themselves, with a chip on their shoulder about their gender watch out. Women dont have a licence to this enhumility simply because they are women. Now all humans rebel but the truth is when women rebel based on gender in a spritual setting they certainly look like Eve in the garden as she was the mother of rebelion.....and man followed her lead....and we know the rest of the story.

Gender rebellion? Do you mean rebellion like when a women doesn't want to have a baby, so uses birth control? Rebellion like wanting a career and to contribute more to societies than quilts and recipes?

What do you mean by "Enhumility"? Are women supposed to be more humble than men?

If you got a woman running around telling you shes a prophet and the only reason no one will listen to her is because she a woman.....then I would watch out.

Joan of Arc come to my mind, although she did have some following, but the ones that really mattered dismissed her and killed her BECAUSE she was female.

I'm thinking that your a man, so, if true, you haven't experienced what it feels like to be dismissed, not taken seriously, passed over because "it's a man's world."

One more question. Do you think that women should remain silent in the church?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

I'm thinking that your a man, so, if true, you haven't experienced what it feels like to be dismissed, not taken seriously, passed over because "it's a man's world."

Women do the same thing when the bunch up and when it has to do with a "womans world". They sure do.

Heres the thing. Folks just want to discuss these issues passing over the fact that women are subject to the same flaws as men, the same passions, ambitions ect. We see it every day everywhere. Women in politics become politicians ect.

We live in a day where we see the rise of the "queen" the sacred feminine lifted up on every rooftop and high place so to speak. Its an image that naturally belies itself.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Women do the same thing when the bunch up and when it has to do with a "womans world". They sure do.

What are you talking about? Are you threatened by women forming social groups and bonding with one another?

Heres the thing. Folks just want to discuss these issues passing over the fact that women are subject to the same flaws as men, the same passions, ambitions ect. We see it every day everywhere. Women in politics become politicians ect.

Are you against gender equality in the workplace? Why shouldn't women become politicians, judges, doctors etc.?

We live in a day where we see the rise of the "queen" the sacred feminine lifted up on every rooftop and high place so to speak. Its an image that naturally belies itself.

I have no idea what you're talking about here? Is a queen unnatural? Bad?

Do you think that women should remain silent in church, as Paul suggests?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Do you think that women should remain silent in church, as Paul suggests?

You should. You are a natural born twister of words and deflection.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

No worries, I don't go to church.

However, it seems to me that you are the one doing the deflecting and twisting.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join