It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does God & Man fear us so much?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

I agree but its already been a bloody long time and we women are still paying the price for unproven alleged even mythical indiscretions!!

I wonder if deep down men feel that if the positions were reversed and it was a matriarchal society they wouldn't like the world we created and would have no place in it

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by anoncoholic

About make up.. where did that came from ? Men introduced make ups and they were first ones to use body decorations !

Now you see Make up as a vanity.. and you say all females uses make up? Thats a big load of HS.. some do some dont, i know a lot of females who dont use makeup me included and i also know males who use guyliners etc.
edit on 21-3-2013 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by phyllida

no, it is because we love you so much there is nothing we wouldn't do for you,

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I would like to point out that woman have been in control, just not on the front as a man. Think about it, behind every good man is a better woman. It's literal translation: Who's really pulling the strings? And I say this as a man, this thought has been becoming clearer every day. This is becoming a woman's world very quickly, most woman are making the same if not more income than the male counterpart, your seeing more Men staying at home with the children, Why? Because they are becoming the bread winners. It's easier to be successful at this moment in history being a Woman than a Man on the point of Women Rights and all the pushing they have done.

I'm sorry if anyone thinks otherwise, but I figured most people saw this. I'm also sorry you ran into woman "bashing threads" But it doesn't discredit the fact of the "Role of the Woman" that is ever changing into a more pertinant role in today's day and age.

This is why I was glad to have a daughter more so than a son (Ironic just for the longevity of my last name only I guess =_=) I'd appreciate the extra muscle but in all honesty it doesn't change that I will leave this world with a Prodigy greater than myself and more successful. (Well now I hope ^_^)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Well I have to say that if that is your definition of love which I presume the same goes for the Bible, then treating women like 2nd class citizens property and less than human is a funny way of showing it!!

Control isn't love
Rape isn't love
Beating isn't love
and so on and so forth

So I suppose you could say that all of the above that happens mainly although not exclusively as a result of religious doctrine, happens because you feel guilty about loving women so much so you take it out on us? Guilt and fear being the mainstay of most religions (and Governments come to that lol)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

If you read my post in full you would have seen that I have indeed mentioned the women behind the men. However, religion has not changed one iota in my opinion, and it is that male dominated society that appears to be the power behind mens views and attitudes due to indoctrination of various religious texts.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by phyllida

I agree but its already been a bloody long time and we women are still paying the price for unproven alleged even mythical indiscretions!!

I wonder if deep down men feel that if the positions were reversed and it was a matriarchal society they wouldn't like the world we created and would have no place in it

Yes in your case I would be looking out if you could have that much power.

As it is most women still need men for companionship if nothing else. Even if it amounts to simply putting up with each other.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

when a woman puts on makeup she does so to make herself look good, appealing. This is done to attract men which is a motive. They put makeup on to appear younger, this is deceit, when they put makeup on they want to portray themselves as beautiful which arouses the lusts which is mans greatest weakness

That "trophy - wife" thing which sees women as objects rather than spirit.

This is just my opinion as I am sure there are many superficial men out there who strive for nothing more than the most beautiful woman they can find, and yet what happens when the looks fade?

You don't wear makeup but did mention it in the OP so I included it in my opinions

sorry to offend

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

reply to post by sulaw

If you read my post in full you would have seen that I have indeed mentioned the women behind the men. However, religion has not changed one iota in my opinion, and it is that male dominated society that appears to be the power behind mens views and attitudes due to indoctrination of various religious texts.

To tell you the truth men have natural tendencies as do women. I wouldnt lie to yourself that if your man stands up to you and for himself that its a reaction born out of indoctrination. Many men never have the good brains to know when they are dealing with a succubus and thus bring down problems on thier own head.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Well I have to say that if that is your definition of love which I presume the same goes for the Bible, then treating women like 2nd class citizens property and less than human is a funny way of showing it!!

Control isn't love
Rape isn't love
Beating isn't love
and so on and so forth

So I suppose you could say that all of the above that happens mainly although not exclusively as a result of religious doctrine, happens because you feel guilty about loving women so much so you take it out on us? Guilt and fear being the mainstay of most religions (and Governments come to that lol)

This isn't definition but depth. My love doesn't end at woman, it goes to all animals and I have that affinity with animals.

You seem to resent that you don't have the same distinction as a man does and that isn't to say we are better or worse, in the spirit we are all one and the same.

I don't control my wife, she has a free-spirit and I always give in to whatever she wants because believe it or not I want her to be happy. I don't rape, beat, belittle, intimidate, or control my wife. If we argue, our household pets are so sensitive to loud voices that they will leave the room and go to someplace they feel removed from it.... they actually hide and it makes us both feel guilty enough to tone it down for their sakes. ... they love us that much

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

reply to post by sulaw

Ok, I'm a MAN I read your post in full, this is how we are programmed differently, I was trying to give you back up and re-iterate what you stated from a man's POV. Doesn't mean I didn't read your post in full. And no, Women have not been a part of major religion for quite some time, once a loooong looooong time ago this was diferent.

Though Females do have Wican and a plethora of other benchmark Metaphysical Religion's they are a major part of. So in essence your OP was wrong and only right in the fact that Woman has no played a major role in "Mainstream Religion".

Even I find it bologna that women are not, but this isn't the case.

So obviously you didn't read my post because I stated:

But it doesn't discredit the fact of the "Role of the Woman" that is ever changing into a more pertinant role in today's day and age.

This would entail itself in main stream religion. Actually it's everywhere on the board women are moving right now.

However I find myself in dismay because why would you want to be part of Main Stream Religion in the first place? Wanna be part of the problem? Because that's what Main Stream Religion is. When women get there wish and become part of it. I will laugh when the women become more diabolical than the men. Wait.... This is already true in most cases.... I stand partially corrected.

Cheers~

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
It is not that we females hate men. We females are humans also. I have noticed that when a male is wanting sex, they refer to the womans body part as a thing, it, monkey (etc) and many songs sing about that without mistake. They rarely express that they want to have "her" as a person. Yep, our body parts actually belong to US, and we have the right to choose who and when access is made, not when a guy decides to use her because he cannot handle his "discomfort". Fact to this, is we are humans and not wastebaskets for men.

Here is something to ponder...As a male grows up, he has his mother to care for him. When he gets married, he has a wife/mother to "care" for him. A female grows up, and has her mother to care for her. When she gets married, no one is to care for her.

And one more thing to ponder as I have noticed in life and read throughout history: If males are so great, why in the h e double l is the world in such a horrific, decieptful, murderous (and more) state as it is in? WHY!!!!!!!!

So obvious. No, we dont hate males, we hate the true weakness of males (greed, power, etc) and how destructive they have become over and over again not only affecting females, but the rest of life on this planet as well.

Yeah, women have to cover up because there are men out there who think with their male parts than their true brain.....dont deny it...even children and farm animals are used because males are too weak to control such urges.

When the time comes that males actually get to feel the pain they have caused, would be not only a miracle, but that would be true evolution when they get past those egos, testosterone, etc.

I do admit, there are also alot of women out there who love to tease guys. KNOCK IT OFF. You may not get the guy you are teasing, but some other gal ends up suffering in the process.

I know personally some really sincere understanding guys and have noticed sincere guys here on this site. Can some of you help the ego-ruled, not-so-understanding fells see what has been happening for so long throughout history of "mankind".

Also in my opinion, god was created by man as a method of control....Tell me, WHAT kind of god would say "he" is a jealous god, revealing he has the same negative qualities/emotions as humans?

I wish so much for the day men and women truly are equal as well as free from so much suffering and destruction. Thank you for hearing me out.
edit on 21-3-2013 by triplereiki because: typo

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I think you answered your own question with this statement:

These men do all these and make all these rules because they know full well, that it is in fact they who can't be trusted not the women!

It was not God Who was the hater of women or the One Who mistrusted her. Men translated the Bible and left out the importance and reverence one should have toward women. Man even turned God into a male. God has no gender - in fact there used to be (and still is in many cases) the belief that our loving Father was actually our loving Mother. There are also many Biblical quotes that men apparently forgot to leave out in their quest to be dominant:

Colossians 3:19 : "Husbands, love your wives, and do not be harsh with them."

Ephesians 5:25: " Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her," - This one commands husbands to put their wife ahead of themselves - just as Jesus did for all of us!

Malachi 2:14-16 "But you say, “Why does he not?” Because the Lord was witness between you and the wife of your youth, to whom you have been faithless, though she is your companion and your wife by covenant. Did he not make them one, with a portion of the Spirit in their union? And what was the one God seeking? Godly offspring. So guard yourselves in your spirit, and let none of you be faithless to the wife of your youth. “For the man who does not love his wife but divorces her, says the Lord, the God of Israel, covers his garment with violence, says the Lord of hosts. So guard yourselves in your spirit, and do not be faithless.”

1 Corinthians 11:11-12 "In the Lord, however, woman is not independent of man, nor is man independent of woman. For as woman came from man, so also man is born of woman. But everything comes from God." - Reminding men that if they believe women are inferior - to remember that they would not even exist without women!

There are a great many of us men who put their wives and daughters on pedestals. To me, there is nothing on this earth more important or valuable than my wife and my 3 daughters. I would literally do anything for them and I never have thought of myself as more important or anything of that nature. I see my marriage as an equal partnership - yet most of the time I give up my preferences for what they want without even letting them know I had a preference.

So, to me anyway, I believe that God created man and woman to be equal partners in every way. Man, however, had a different idea and changed the teachings of God to give himself the upper hand.

This is not God's plan.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Lastly, in the world we live in today, pending geographical location. Woman are free to do as they choose. Why not start your own Religion, For Women, By Women? Why do you need Man's approval? Why do you need a seat in power? If power has only shown us corruption, I would ask your intent on the use of power, becoming with playing Major role in Main Stream Religion?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by triplereiki

Just so we are clear. You women are just as bad if not more vulgar, when you get a group of women behind closed doors with the references of men and there anatomies. So don't play that, please and thank you.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by triplereiki
It is not that we females hate men. We females are humans also. I have noticed that when a male is wanting sex, they refer to the womans body part as a thing, it, monkey (etc) and many songs sing about that without mistake. They rarely express that they want to have "her" as a person. Yep, our body parts actually belong to US, and we have the right to choose who and when access is made, not when a guy decides to use her because he cannot handle his "discomfort". Fact to this, is we are humans and not wastebaskets for me.

Wastebaskets. Even if you feel that all you are doing is taking care of a mans physical needs, to see his "contribution" as waste indicates you may have some sexual frustration or worse.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

The fact that women have played perhaps a major role in metaphysical "religions" is exactly why my post mentions GOD and not anything else in particular. It is indeed the mainstream religions that object to women but it is those mainstream religions that the majority follow hence mainstream. If women were to dominate mainstream religion I feel that is the only way that such inequalities would or could be addressed. Not just inequalities but perceptions of women generally. We tried other "religions" and got burnt for it
and it seems these practices in fact had the effect of turning Church and men against women further, fuelling the fire if you like.

I suppose its mainly those men that use religion as an excuse to ill treat females and believe themselves so holier than thou for doing so. The sale of girl children, under age brides, stoning of women or other executions, permissable beating of wives and all the rest does not make a man holy it makes him weak and cowardly and a God that allows such behaviour is not a God and is certainly not an example of enlightened loving behaviour

I woudl have thought that in this apparently enlightened 21st century we could possibly have got past all the religious and cultural claptrap that can clearly be seen as male dominance and the control over women, but it seems the male of the species prefers to keep the status quo

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by seethetruth

errr yup how on earth did you know that? eeek!!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

Wow what you say is very nice. What seems to be is this: dark/light. evil/good, hot/cold, etc. Men seem to be opposite of women (of course). But the point is to be respectful to the fact that when men AND women combine, they are to bring balance. Instead of seeing things like this, so many men in history only went the opposite direction. When men respect women and vice versa, there is a phenominal balance and even a harmony. I am sure quite a few folks here could attest to that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join