It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does God & Man fear us so much?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by phyllida

Because they fear the female side of the brain, and everything it entails. The masculine agenda is to oppress the freedom of the mind.

Which half of the brain is the female half? I didn't know there was a sexy side. I know the left brain and right brain are separate and both responsible for different things, like spacial awareness, artistic ability, maths, language, etc.

A feminine side.. I had no idea.

Maybe thats why people used to perform lobotomies in the past, they knew about this and wanted to enforce the male agenda to thwart freedom, umm.. and were cutting out this part.

You never know, I think it might be true.

ps, op. I don't hate women.
I think everyone should have one.

edit on 21-3-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by phyllida
Well clearly someone didn't like my thread since its now been moved to Relationships!! And as threads and posts are only removed if someone reports them hmmmm I wonder who it was who I managed to upset?

if you think it was me perhaps a mod can clarify it for you. I am not upset, more disappointed that you can't see when someone is speaking from the heart and not the mouth. I don't pay lip service and while admittedly blunt, I am totally being honest and to be otherwise to me would be hypocritical

Perhaps someone else reported it or perhaps a mod acted alone, I dunno but only the mods can answer that for you

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by anoncoholic

I still feel that the moment God said worship me and no other etc that was the start of religion. Jesus assisted in this process as did other Prophets across the globe. When there was more than 1 religion that's when the fear set in and competition arose coupled of course with greed and jealousy.

I think until men are not the dominant force in religion the position will remain the same. Look at all the fuss and bother over including certain female written scriptures? Then we had all hell breaking loose when it was poseted that Jesus was in fact married (which of course he had to have been, he was Jewish after all). Anything that even hints at giving women any kind of power is covered up and hidden in long lost secret vaults

So again I ask what is it they are afraid of?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by phyllida
reply to post by sulaw

The fact that women have played perhaps a major role in metaphysical "religions" is exactly why my post mentions GOD and not anything else in particular. It is indeed the mainstream religions that object to women but it is those mainstream religions that the majority follow hence mainstream. If women were to dominate mainstream religion I feel that is the only way that such inequalities would or could be addressed.

You want to dominate do you? So you may have domination envy.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
What is it they are afraid of?
I will try and attempt a hopeful guess and maybe some fellas could let me know if I am close.
Women have the beauty, compassion, grace, etc to make almost any man weak, even by just batting an eye or giving a wink.

Women have been known to endure some terrible things in their lives, and even though they fell pains that last a lifetime, they still have compassion and sometimes even forgivesness.

Women rather than destroy life, they creat life right before mens very eyes.

Women seem like super beings when they manage family, caring/giving attention to their husband/mates, juggling a job, working schedules around kids etc, making sure things are organised or taken care of on the home front.

Women seem to have what males seem to lack as listed above and the list I am sure is longer, but this is just an example. Many men cannot match the qualities of the female, so alot of males maybe are jealous because they have physical strength and not the kind of strength women have. That is probably why males in history try to keep females down so low because females have that true pure power. Men have tried their version of power, but that kind of power destroys, rather than make things better -- feeble attempt at trying to match or substitute the true power.

Women are intuitive, and men are not so in tune, and explains why a fella gets angry when the gal says "I warned you not to do that". Alot of males may even feel threatened because their stance on the high pedestal in many cultures is really nothing after all. Men are not men unless they have that amazing balance with women. The two combined (without the ego, power struggle, abuse, jealousy, etc) is not only phenominal but how things really should be. Our world is so programmed to seek out or become what is artificial or "man-Made" that the world is totally out of control. When good things happen, dont thank god.....thank yourself and others that helped make it happen. If bad things happen, dont excuse it away that it was gods will. For that, god is one evil son of a gun. Instead, try and figure out what was done to bring about such an event. In otherwords we must be responsible for OUR own actions and stop looking to the sky or blaming someone else. Men who abuse women, blame them for things they have no power of, etc., need to stop the BS and see where they are causing the damage. Then start taking responsibility for THEIR actions, and that includes testing nuclear bombs on this planet, extorting millions of people, reducing their freedoms, etc.

Also someone may want to point out how harsh some of those women in gubberment are, etc. Remember, in order for her to keep her fought for position, she has to grow a set of nuts and follow in the power/greed game with the majority of males.....otherwise she will not last for long, will be laughed out, silenced for good, and the obvious list is endless.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by triplereiki
reply to post by Logarock

Tell that to so many women in other countries that were not only rounded up for confinement, but men used them when ever they chose to because it was a cleaner thing to do....unfortunately the women either complied or got worse.

If a man mistreats his female companion, the female should not "reward" the male for treating her like crap. But, in many cases of abuse (not issues), many men expect the female to comply regardless, and STILL love him. I will add, long ago, the not so gentleman like fellas referred to women as wastebaskets. No man found any pride in having to handle his own (alone) business when he felt the need. I think the ego comes in at this point....

Well think of Caligulas mother and the maddness of mother and son, Alexander even, and the part women like this had in the destruction these two mothers boys dished out. There are other stories of mad queens and their butchery, their ambition and iron rule condiming to death thousands.

A man should never feel like he should be required to service a woman and then be put on a big guilt trip for all that she has done for him and his needs. This is even the more truth when we consider the popularity of dildos and vibrators these days......I think thats where ego comes in. After all she married sunny for his money but still has needs.
edit on 21-3-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

As far as religion goes, women are no better than cattle and are and can be treated as such with Gods' blessing

Just out of curiosity... What is your take on the denigration of women in western culture? What is your stance on the way women are are portrayed as sex objects in the media? Is that more preferable?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Dear phyllida,

Neither God nor Man fear women. When I am attacked for being a Christian by an Atheist, should I blame "Atheists" or just the one's that attack me for being a believer? There are men who hate women; but, not for the reasons you think. They fear themselves submitting to women because they fear their own lack of self control. I want to hit some of the points you made.

Lets start with Marie Antoinette. She did not say "Let them eat cake". Her cousin, I believe, was told there was no bread for the poor and she said, "Let them eat pie crust". Louis actually had many opportunities to avoid being overthrown and refused to take them. Pop history is just that.

You mention that we don't marry off 5 year old boys, nope, instead we send them off to war, to work in mines, to fend for themselves. As far as God, either you believe in a God or you do not, if you do not then you cannot blame him for the actions of people.

The only God I can talk about is the God of the bible. To understand the Old Testament, one has to understand the common practices of the time and they were not good. Men would war against a people and take their women as treasures. They didn't have to marry them, they were true sex slaves to be traded around. God said that the Jews were not to be that way.

As far as things being the same today, you must be young. I remember when women were literally paid less for the exact same job and that is now illegal. I remember when my sister could not wear pants. I remember when my aunt was arrested for wearing a bikini at the beach. Today more women are graduating college then men and are actually more likely to have a job. To deny that things have changed is to give no credit to all the hard work put in by men and women to change things.

You mention Judaism treating women as "unclean". Think about what happened when women were on their periods at a time when they had to let their husbands have sex with them. That old Jewish tradition protected them from that. I had a wife and three daughters, I had them all menstruate at the same time, I wish I could have hid in a tent outside.

I don't want it to sound as if I don't understand what you are saying and I do. There are bad men who seek to control women and there are bad women who use sex to get what they want. When we start seeing the opposite sex as the enemy, we are as bad as the bad men and bad women.

So although I have only briefly (believe it or not) touched on this subject, clearly the God that made us had something in mind that we are unaware of. He made us sexual beings, beautiful, seductive and emotional and yet forbid us from acting on those emotions whilst allowing men the upper hand and permission to use and abuse his other creations i.e. women. This treatment is of course justified in most religions by the alleged act of Eve, of which women have been judged without proof. I'll shut up now

It is pretty clear that God made us sexual; but, he did not stop women from acting on those emotions. There is a vast difference between being with one other person and sleeping with everyone without even caring about them. As for Eve, she was no more guilty than Adam, they both made their choice. Adam was judged because of his actions, not hers. He tried to scapegoat her probably because he saw that she had not died from eating the fruit (for it did not refer to an immediate physical death, merely an eventual one).

It sounds to me as if someone has hurt you and you have my sympathy. My wife of over 20 years cheated on me with her hiking partner and left me for him. I knew him. One day after his girlfriend had moved, we were all going to dinner. I drove with him and my wife drove with friends in another car. He was upset about his girlfriend moving and said that all women were liars and whores. I told that I disagreed. Not long after that he began sending secret texts to my wife, as many as 50 a day according to her. He flattered her in every way he could and she allowed herself to believe it. After she asked for the divorce, he dumped her. If you think real hard, maybe you can understand why. He had proved his point to himself. He never proved it to me because I know many wonderful women. When we start only assuming the worst about all of the other sex, we are contributing to the problem. Peace.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
So many people even read scripture WRONG with regard to Eve and her SIN and the punishment God chose for that sin. At this event there were THREE who God spoke to regarding the fruit from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Taken from NIV version of the Bible

The serpent was first: Genisis 3:14-15
So the Lord God said to the serpent,
“Because you have done this,
Cursed are you above all livestock
and all wild animals!
You will crawl on your belly
and you will eat dust
all the days of your life.
15 And I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
and between your offspring and hers;
he will crush your head,
and you will strike his heel.”

To Eve - here called "the woman" Genesis 3:16
To the woman he said,
“I will make your pains in childbearing very severe;
with painful labor you will give birth to children.
Your desire will be for your husband,
and he will rule over you.”

Now for Adam! Genesis 3:17
17 To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’
“Cursed is the ground because of YOU;
through painful toil you will eat food from it
all the days of your life.
18 It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
and you will eat the plants of the field.
19 By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return.”

If you look at the previous chapter it clearly shows that Eve was NOT there when God told Adam HE shouldn't eat from the Tree of the Knowledge of good and evil. It was Adam's transgression that causes our lives to be filled with difficulty. He is the reason we were thrown from the garden of Eden. Not Eve. It was Adam's sin that took away our eternal life, NOT Eve. So anyone who tells you different is WRONG.
And if you look at the punishments dealt, SHE received the least of the reprimands as her offense was not as bad as the other two. Some comfort in knowing that I hope. Changed the way I looked at things after figuring that one out.

edit on 22-3-2013 by Opportunia because: Wanted to add a thought.

edit on 22-3-2013 by Opportunia because: Source clarification

edit on 22-3-2013 by Opportunia because: A teensy more clarification.

edit on 22-3-2013 by Opportunia because: grammar

edit on 22-3-2013 by Opportunia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Opportunia

Seems to me that Eve received more punishment than Adam because not only does she have her punishment she also suffers Adam's punishment. Men don't have birthing pains but men and women alike are eating the same food and walking the same cursed ground.
edit on 22-3-2013 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Eve will be affected by Adam's punishment, she is his wife. What do you think every person should just get what's coming to them and there is no effect on loved ones or those who are close to the person when a person does evil? Adam has even MORE weight on his shoulders then since Adam was the REASON it all came down and we no longer had access to the beautiful garden and the beautiful life, and yes Eve and the rest of us get to suffer for that. And that is on top of the crap we all bring down on our own heads when we skrew up and share our misery with those closest to us, such as family and friends. When we mess up we always affect others. In the end we can all give thanks to Adam for the ruining our chance at eternal life in the beautiful garden of Eden if he'd only NOT taken that bite. Then only Eve (woman) would be the one suffering.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

You want us to assume that Eve did not know to not eat of the tree or that Adam was ok with her eating from it? I'm not so sure of that as you seem to be.
If any of what you are saying is true then how far could Adam in trying to stop her???

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

You want us to assume that Eve did not know to not eat of the tree or that Adam was ok with her eating from it? I'm not so sure of that as you seem to be.

Show me where God told Eve or instructed Adam to tell her not to eat of it. Please.
As you can see in Genesis Chapter 2, Eve wasn't created YET, he told Adam.
edit on 22-3-2013 by Opportunia because: clarification

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   

You are totally full of it. She knew what she was doing and the scripture clearly points all this out.

2: And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
3: But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

I promise you that if i were in her shoes it would have went the same way only because i am no better than either of them and it was all part of the plan.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

You are totally full of it. She knew what she was doing and the scripture clearly points all this out.

2: And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
3: But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

I never said she didn't know I asked you to show it to me please. I asked very nicely I thought, but I suppose you have had a rough day or something. Anyway, so we see that she knew, but she admitted outright to God when he asked, and Adam tried to deflect the blame onto Eve when he had his OWN price to pay since HE was told FIRST and was the one who had HUSBANDSHIP over the entire GARDEN. He should have known better than anyone to not eat of that tree. Why didn't he STOP her? He was told to take care of EVERYTHING. If he truly cared he should have done something to stop Eve from taking that bite and should have protected her from the beguiling serpent. Instead he watched as it happened and did NOTHING then took part in it and then tried to put it on someone else.

As to how this relates to the OP, I feel that women have received far more than their share of blame using the Bible and it's time that it stops. Many people interpret these words without even understanding the original intent, nor even an understanding of the languages it was translated from. Like the OP writer, I feel it's time for women to stand up and receive their fair share of the pay on a job, have the same chance based on skills and not whether they wear high heals and a skirt.
edit on 22-3-2013 by Opportunia because: clarification

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Adam had no rule over Eve. She knew not to eat it but she did then she gave Adam some. they were both weak and for some reason the serpent choose her to deceive. How far could Adam go to stop her if he tried?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

just remember eve was made for Adam because lilith refused to "obey" adam....

.if only a good medium of being treated like a woman and respected like a person could be found, oh yeah i remember now! its called not being a doormat or not taking sh*t from anyone....yeah.....and not giving a flying *uck what anyone think or says.........yeah....

that's what ladies forget.....and this is why we continually keep having this conversation.....

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by DaughterOfARevolver

Now that is a point i can wrap my head around.
Before Eve existed Adam already had relationship issues.
Maybe it is time for Adam to get a upgrade version 3.0

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   

exactly, men can be and do get called damaged goods too.....

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Personally I think it's fear of THE TRUE NATURE OF REALITY.
Before Abrahamic religions, and their counterparts, nearly all beliefs held Goddesses as their supreme beings/God's. I believe the interaction between humans and the goddess/s were very common, and humankind had some sort of deeper understaning/connection to her, and the universe/s.

Ayahuasca for example is clearly feminine, and the truths delivered during a good aya session are always mind shattering. And usually go against every law/ set out by man - Science, politics, etc...

I believe the Goddess was supressed as she wanted to share the true nature of reality with humankind. This of course would destroy what so many men had gone about building.

The Ffear of losing the control over the people is what drives this persecution of woman everywhere. I believe woman hold the key to accessing the TRUE TRUTHS. Not to say us en can't as well, but I think woman have some sort od deeper, possibly quantum connection with the universe/s, reality, GOD, etc...I mean they have been chosen to carry forth the seed of man and give birth, surely this honour would only be given to someone who is indeed in touch with some deeper flow of energy.

Bit of a haphazard post, I apologise, but I am on my phone and should probably get back into the traffic now. I really would ave liked to go into more detail, post some links etc... but perhaps if I get a gap during work I can do so.

I for one do not fear woman, and hope one day the world realise that they might hold the key to understanding all we desire.

Peace
PW

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join