It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does God & Man fear us so much?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I say we start the Woman's Revolution here!~ Heck with talking about wastebasket's and your boby parts are your own, I feel we have finally made it to the new millenium~! I'll even be the first man to back you because with comments like these I couldn't imagine a better reason why you shouldn't be in charge.

Maybe we can get Sarah Palin to be the front runner.

And yes this was the most Smart A$$ comment you will get from me tonight because of the Wastebasket comment.

Here where I live. We don't treat women like this. EVER~! So if you have a man like this in your life, I'm truelly sorry. And if you a repeat offender of dating men like this, get some better taste in men and stop dating trash or marrying it for that matter.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Yeah, women have to cover up because there are men out there who think with their male parts than their true brain.

The point is though that covering a woman in a burkha from head to foot doesn't prevent rape and assault. It merely protects the male ego in so far as other men can't see his woman and it makes her "invisible" if you like.

I have long held the belief and think it bears out over our history that we always want what we can't have. Make a woman untouchable cover her head to foot and that arouses curiosity from the male. He wants to see what's underneath, what's worth covering whereas if we all went around naked humans would soon get used to the fact and it would have little effect over men.Nudity or semi nudity was the norm in many societies and from what I've read without the huge amount of assaults and rapes we see today, mainly because it was the norm and nothing special. Make something special....we want it!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Tell that to so many women in other countries that were not only rounded up for confinement, but men used them when ever they chose to because it was a cleaner thing to do....unfortunately the women either complied or got worse.

If a man mistreats his female companion, the female should not "reward" the male for treating her like crap. But, in many cases of abuse (not issues), many men expect the female to comply regardless, and STILL love him. I will add, long ago, the not so gentleman like fellas referred to women as wastebaskets. No man found any pride in having to handle his own (alone) business when he felt the need. I think the ego comes in at this point....

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by phyllida
reply to post by sulaw

The fact that women have played perhaps a major role in metaphysical "religions" is exactly why my post mentions GOD and not anything else in particular. It is indeed the mainstream religions that object to women but it is those mainstream religions that the majority follow hence mainstream. If women were to dominate mainstream religion I feel that is the only way that such inequalities would or could be addressed. Not just inequalities but perceptions of women generally. We tried other "religions" and got burnt for it
and it seems these practices in fact had the effect of turning Church and men against women further, fuelling the fire if you like.

I suppose its mainly those men that use religion as an excuse to ill treat females and believe themselves so holier than thou for doing so. The sale of girl children, under age brides, stoning of women or other executions, permissable beating of wives and all the rest does not make a man holy it makes him weak and cowardly and a God that allows such behaviour is not a God and is certainly not an example of enlightened loving behaviour

I woudl have thought that in this apparently enlightened 21st century we could possibly have got past all the religious and cultural claptrap that can clearly be seen as male dominance and the control over women, but it seems the male of the species prefers to keep the status quo

Phylli I meant no disrespect or ill will, I read my repsonses I was harsh, my appologies. As I do agree that there are many inequalities between men and women that are still present. I am not one of the Males that thinks this way. Actually I would have loved to see a female Pope~ Epic!

And I look forward to when these inequalities don't exist. I hope that it is in my lifetime, i'm only 30 at this point in time.

Cheers~

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by phyllida

Why does God & Man fear us so much?

Deep breath... God does not fear females.

The thing here is in lumping a billion people over two thousand years under a single header.

God did not invent religion. people did that.
God did not tell them to commit atrocities. Man did that.

Breaking it down even further, the investors of organized religion and those that did all the bad stuff, can be sectioned/culled from the species. This means that you could begin by questioning individuals rather than entire faiths and ages.

God simply made man and gave him/her the ability to think outside the box. From that point, many of our kind took a poor path and left a blackeye... not just on them,selves but entire eras.

Sins and crimes are most often the result of one or a few who misguide millions. It happens still today... thuis the term 'sheeple'. But do we blame the huddled masses seeking direction? Or do we take the time to seek out those at the top of the power grid and call their names instead?

The answer to that question is one only you can answer within.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Dont' worry about it at all...things can come across differently in type to vocal

I wonder if the question should be Why do The Men In Power in Religions Fear women??
Why for so long mainstream religions have been the domain of only men??
What is the conspiracy to keep women out of religion??
Could it be simply that they do not and will not share power??

And I rather doubt that in your lifetime and certainly not in this old bird's that those at the top will have a change of heart

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Yes there are cultures out there (but very rare) that boys and girls are brought up knowing the freedom of seeing the bodies of others. And it in my opinion is totally wonderful. Yes, you are also right about the covering up and mystery of what is under that cover. The way I see it, civilization as we have been programmed to live certainly does have major flaws. But again, we still have the issue of power, abuse, blaming the other gender, etc. When will the balance that brings about harmony and equality be finnally realised in the heart and not mind programmed by religion, status etc? Something at some time has to give. There are men and women out there who have it down as it should be and they are totally amazing. Still, we have the majority of the world left with so many thing totally out of control.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Many thanks for your response. However it cannot be denied that God has indeed committed some terrible atrocities and surely by demanding worship he started religion?? Same goes for Allah or whatever name you call the being who allegedly created us. In that case, surely again it must be that males are simply "following the leader"??

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

reply to post by redoubt

Many thanks for your response. However it cannot be denied that God has indeed committed some terrible atrocities and surely by demanding worship he started religion?? Same goes for Allah or whatever name you call the being who allegedly created us. In that case, surely again it must be that males are simply "following the leader"??

Please note said atrocities committed by deity.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by anoncoholic

Your view of this is very narrow, society and growing up in one has certain expectations. In modern society girls do not use make up as a first or only reason to please males, no, they use it to "fit in" society and expectations of the friends etc. If you males think its only for your eyes and making one pretty to appeal for your taste you are incredibly blind and self centered. For many young girls using make up brings more self esteem and courage and acceptance from friends, when girls start to use it they dont do it for the boys instead they do it for the girls.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Hmm the killing of firstborns? The drowning of men women children and animals in a flood? The sending of plagues? God committed genocide, allowed the raping of Medonite virgins in Jabesh Gilead, slaughtered animals and anihilated whole towns and cities. Those are just a few so with him as a role model not hard to see why males have the attitudes and beliefs they do

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

reply to post by redoubt

While await the list of holy atrocities, let me address the quote above...

First of all, none of us today were around when the Torah, Christian Bible or Koran was originally penned. So, based on that, we can only guess that what is written by humans... admittedly imperfect by our own standards, is somehow perfectly accountable as being factual for blame now.

Second, isn't it convenient that we have a deity to blame for our own mistakes? Oh yes, we have seen wars for centuries and when we pray, we ask how any god could allow this. But, in the end... it was man who started the wars and then switched to asking their god why it happened, lol.

Like children, we are turned loose in the nursery and like children, we bumble, stumble and fall, often standing again with tears in our eyes. Our parents look on, painfully aware of what it is to be a child and take those falls... but also knowing that in time, we will outgrow the imbalances and learn from our mistakes.

Mommy! Daddy! Why did you let me go play in the park? I fell and scraped my knee! You bad Mommy! Bad Daddy!

Just like that

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Yeah, women have to cover up because there are men out there who think with their male parts than their true brain.

The point is though that covering a woman in a burkha from head to foot doesn't prevent rape and assault. It merely protects the male ego in so far as other men can't see his woman and it makes her "invisible" if you like.

I have long held the belief and think it bears out over our history that we always want what we can't have. Make a woman untouchable cover her head to foot and that arouses curiosity from the male. He wants to see what's underneath, what's worth covering whereas if we all went around naked humans would soon get used to the fact and it would have little effect over men.Nudity or semi nudity was the norm in many societies and from what I've read without the huge amount of assaults and rapes we see today, mainly because it was the norm and nothing special. Make something special....we want it!!!

I think your stereotyping of men is as bad as the cultures that seek to "hide" women. In some cultures I suppose there are men who are afraid their wives will be unfaithful and want them to be covered so other men aren't tempted.and a woman is the ultimate temptation, just ask Adam.

But regardless, what I am seeing in this thread is you are looking for a get away from God by popular consensus card and are so bitter you seek to emasculate all men by stereotyping them as the demons. or worse, heads of the household.

You asked why, I replied and not in any way to be considered offensive although women portray it that way in their minds to feel vindicated. I wasn't speaking about a particular woman but women in general but you took it to a whole new level in trying to portray me as a rapist abuser control freak w/e. The point is, sure there are men who are evil and so self centered they can't see past themselves or their needs but not all men are like that.

As far as God goes, everything happens for a reason and one day you will find this out too.

I hope you find what you are looking for but like I said, it seems it is never enough for women. You won't find contentment anywhere but within and I would suggest but see it is not worth the ink..

Nothing personal, but I have peace in my life and don't need friction where I am trying to help in understanding.
Good luck in finding whatever it is you are looking for.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

reply to post by redoubt

Hmm the killing of firstborns? The drowning of men women children and animals in a flood? The sending of plagues? God committed genocide, allowed the raping of Medonite virgins in Jabesh Gilead, slaughtered animals and anihilated whole towns and cities. Those are just a few so with him as a role model not hard to see why males have the attitudes and beliefs they do

Firstborns? Act of humans.
Drowning of women? Act of humans.

Did God kill innocent people with plagues and frogs and fiery rocks from the sky? I dunno. I wasn't there but... governments today use poison gases to kill people.

My point is that God only gave us the ability to make our own choices and in so doing, gave us the ability to tell the story as well. It helps when we can look in the mirror and say... 'I didn't do it'.

Of course we didn't.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

The flood was Gods doing no-one else. The plagues were sent by God.The commands to do other atrocities were given by God and as such HAD to be obeyed as we all know what happens when we don't obey this wrathful vengeful God!!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by anoncoholic

I think your stereotyping of men is as bad as the cultures that seek to "hide" women. In some cultures I suppose there are men who are afraid their wives will be unfaithful and want them to be covered so other men aren't tempted.and a woman is the ultimate temptation, just ask Adam.

But regardless, what I am seeing in this thread is you are looking for a get away from God by popular consensus card and are so bitter you seek to emasculate all men by stereotyping them as the demons. or worse, heads of the household.

You asked why, I replied and not in any way to be considered offensive although women portray it that way in their minds to feel vindicated. I wasn't speaking about a particular woman but women in general but you took it to a whole new level in trying to portray me as a rapist abuser control freak w/e. The point is, sure there are men who are evil and so self centered they can't see past themselves or their needs but not all men are like that.

As far as God goes, everything happens for a reason and one day you will find this out too.

I hope you find what you are looking for but like I said, it seems it is never enough for women. You won't find contentment anywhere but within and I would suggest but see it is not worth the ink..

Nothing personal, but I have peace in my life and don't need friction where I am trying to help in understanding.
Good luck in finding whatever it is you are looking for.

And I have been speaking about men in general as stated in the very first post.

I have in no way personally attacked you nor called you a rapist abuser or control freak!!

I am far from bitter, it is merely a forum topic of interest as to how women have been percieved throughout the ages and the reasons why, and also how men have been lead to believe that they are superior when equality is what we should be striving for.

I am not looking for contentment, I have that already.

It is you who are making presumptions about me

Stereotypes exist fact otherwise there wouldn't be any stereotypes!

I am far more interested in how we women can change our situation, particular in places such as Afghanistan and others and how religion is used as a tool for abuse

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

reply to post by redoubt

The flood was Gods doing no-one else. The plagues were sent by God.The commands to do other atrocities were given by God and as such HAD to be obeyed as we all know what happens when we don't obey this wrathful vengeful God!!

We were not there. We have only an account written centuries ago by people no more perfect than ourselves to tell the story. If you were not blaming a god, but a person just like you and me, who supposedly have certain rights... would this kind of evidence be enough to convict them?

Reading your words, you appear to hate any god but as of this moment, you seem to base that hate on what people... just like you and me, wrote two thousand years ago.

Anyway, thanks for allowing me to join the conversation

Best.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

No worries.

I have an intense dislike for any God that makes such demands of his "people" and yet expects them to be purer than pure when the example he sets is far from that criteria. Yes its all in various books and yes of course we weren't there, but it doesn't stop millions of people believing in it and following it to the letter.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

edit on 21-3-2013 by phyllida because: off topic

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

then you should first understand what Religion is

www.abovetopsecret.com...

in that thread it shows that the Bible has the answers but man had never put Faith in God or the Bible but in each other instead.

What else occurred to me was those cultures practice polygamy and perhaps to those men they seek objects rather than the love of a woman A woman

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join