It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can a man be raped by woman?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by Raxoxane
I'm just wondering-under duress,in a situation like this,being forced into something the guy does'nt want-how does he get it up?That's the one thing i find strange about this-a woman has the equipment that makes the act of rape easy-but does'nt the guy have to be aroused for it to ..you know,well,get it up?
I just cannot imagine that's going to happen easily if he's feeling victimised or traumatised?

That was also my thought. Not that I'm disregarding the issue, just mentioning that this was one of hte first thoughts that popped into my little noggin.

OTOH, an erection is an involuntary response, so it could happen, I guess. It is just that stress can make it not happen.

You two are almost there.

So then it all comes down to the particular person and circumstances.

Not all males raped by women would be traumatised or feeling victimised,to that degree that their bodies would cease to function.

Then add age,where a young virile guy (or sometimes older,don`t want to leave out the old guys) can get an erection if the wind blows in the right direction,its clearly possible for it to happen.

edit on 21-3-2013 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

I take your point.
But consider this scenario: 120 lb man versus 240 lb woman. Yes, it almost sounds funny except it can be very real and the results could be serious.

Or average-sized man versus a group of women. Rare? Yes, sure. Possible? Also yes.

Reason why a woman or group of women might do such a thing? It could be purely a perverted form of gratification, as rape generally is, or it could even be payback, where the man might have done something evil, or in the minds of the perpetrators, he represents a man or men who did.

Whatever the reason/s, it's possible.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

all valid cases...and possible IRL. But now we are stretching the point of the OP a bit. Sure a man probably can't defend himself from 5 hyped up women. We can imagine a plethora of possible scenarios. I'm more interested in "normal" cases. Mano a mano, so to speak.

I was rather hoping that some of the members who say that they were raped by a woman, to maybe discuss the circumstances in order for me to better understand the sentiment. I realize it's touchy subject, and am probably naive to think that people would share. But in the thread I linked in the OP I saw women openly admitting to being raped and discussing it.

But, having discussed with you guys..I have come to some conclusions.

A rape is more of a legal term than an actual deed. Some things considered legally a rape, I myself would not call a rape.

My narrow minded train of thought can't see myself getting raped by a woman, strictly because of what I consider rape.

I'm not to proud to admit it...but it's my sentiment and I wont shy away from it because it's not politically correct, but...I don't consider woman having her way with an unwilling man, to be rape.

Legally, sure.

Please don't kill me

edit on 21-3-2013 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike

reply to post by NavyDoc

If we limit the concept of rape only to unwilling sexual intercourse, yeah. It's not so easy to imagine though I guess it's possible still. For example, it could even happen when the guy is asleep and in REM state.

But seeing as rape can even include the use of foreign objects, then there are cases where rape can occur whether the man is "up for it" or not. A page or two back I quoted the FBI definition of rape which makes it quite clear: rape is not just limited to cases of actual sexual intercourse.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Well, of course, you are quite correct. The topic just made me wonder.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777

Originally posted by NavyDoc

I'm just wondering-under duress,in a situation like this,being forced into something the guy does'nt want-how does he get it up?That's the one thing i find strange about this-a woman has the equipment that makes the act of rape easy-but does'nt the guy have to be aroused for it to ..you know,well,get it up?
I just cannot imagine that's going to happen easily if he's feeling victimised or traumatised?

That was also my thought. Not that I'm disregarding the issue, just mentioning that this was one of hte first thoughts that popped into my little noggin.

OTOH, an erection is an involuntary response, so it could happen, I guess. It is just that stress can make it not happen.

You two are almost there.

So then it all comes down to the particular person and circumstances.

Not all males raped by women would be traumatised or feeling victimised,to that degree that their bodies would cease to function.

Then add age,where a young viril guy (or sometimes older,don`t want to leave out the old guys) can get an erection if the wind blows in the right direction,its clearly possible for it to happen.

And that is the involuntary response part and I could see that happening to a young man, even under extreme duress. Us old guys have a time of it even when we want to.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
reply to post by Dianec

Sometimes instinct kicks in and one realizes that fighting back will bring about a poorer outcome

Please state a case where a man fighting off an unwanted sexual advance from a woman is a poorer outcome. And how can not fighting it off be a better outcome ? Better for whom ?

Thanks

This, I know, is not directed at me; however, I understand completely what this person is saying. Unfortunately, I'm about at the end of my tolerance for this subject....my problem, not yours or anyone else's. The reason I'm replying to it at all is to say I wish I had the fortitude required for the subject to write you a sort of screenplay as to how this could happen exactly that way. Maybe women have a sensitivity for this necessarily and experientially a little more developed than man, but I am not a fan, either about blanket generalizations based on gender, race, religion, etc. However, in this case, just going by your responses, I think you and I have fundamental disagreements about thte complexity and even causes (motivations) for rape to begin with.
And this, I am primarilly directing toward our disagreement, respectful on both fronts, of the primary motivator, as you asked in your last response to me. Yes, I agree with this only to a point:

Respectfully disagree....majority of rape cases are about sexual gratification, one can't achieve in a normal way. It is an ancient instinctive drive...embedded in all of us. Those that reject it or are unable to practice normal sex, tend to deviate towards rapes, pedophilia and such. Power trips that one gets from rape, that you speak off, are in my opinion much rarer cases...of course, there is always a power imbalance during any rape...but is it the prime motivator for the rape ?

in your judgement this is the majority motivation. Definitely plays a part, no doubt about it. But I believe your last comment is more often the prime motivator, not the other way around. and then what you mentioned in the beginning being secondary or more underlying. They are linked inextricably, though. When someone cannot be gratified in a "normal," socially acceptable situation achieved by say, dating, there's going to be attendant resentment toward the other gender, just in making it that much more difficult to have those needs addressed, much less all the more complex reasons. It's an inherently narcissistic crime; therefore, the narcissist is not going to take responsibility for his/her lack of ability socially to get the acceptance needed to achieve normal relations, acceptance that lead to sex consensually. Ergo, lots of anger to the point of rage at the other gender, because it's their fault for not accepting so that needs can be satiated in the regular progression socially of dating, bonding and willing to explore sexually whatever partners desire. It becomes obvious, I would think, then, to understand how this begins to translate to rage, need to dominate, humiliate....and this becomes primary, and is about anger, agression, not really sex, at that point. The sex itself, is a tool of a primary purpose to debase and take something fundamental from the victim, while dominating, demanding, and then if a biological orgasmic response is illlicited, as well, even more satisfying for the rapist and devestating for the victim, as if to say: You are just like me and I am making you see that, you who represent every woman or man whoever rejected my advances or judged me to be perverted or whatever in the past.

That's giving it my best shot at explaining my logic, anyway. Hope it clarifies for you why I think about it the way I do.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Hey, you're entitled to your opinion and even if I or others might speak out against it, I'll defend your right here on ATS to say what you think within the bounds of the T&Cs. (Same applies to raging against it.) Your opinion matters, the opinion of any ATS member matters -- and that's absolutely the bottom line.
I'll defend members on that right even where I totally disagree with them, and that goes whether I'm speaking purely as a member like yourself (as here in this thread, where I am not moderating), or in other threads where I put on the "staff" hat (tinfoil lined
) and work with other staff to make sure people are allowed their rights.

Sometimes I see members say things like, "Get out of this thread. You have no right to be here because of [x]."

Wrong. Any member has the right to post in any thread and express their opinion within the bounds of the T&Cs, and those who tell them to clear off or shut up are trying on a power trip and believe me, that just will not fly here. People can choose to reply to any post, or not reply. No-one may be forced to respond, no-one may be brow beaten by power-tripping members and forced out of a thread just because they have a contrary opinion, or come from another country, or can't punctuate their sentences correctly -- or whatever other non-reason might get hurled at them.

Members have rights and those rights are respected because we are equal.

Okay, if the above seems off topic, it isn't. I said all of that because it also directly relates to the whole concept of rape.

Rape takes away people's right to choose, their right to personal freedom, their right to their own bodies. Rape involves making someone get involved in something that they don't want to do, or even using the person without their knowledge. It denies them their rights and the respect they deserve and that's what makes it so wrong.

Back on the previous page you expressed the opinion that rape is more about sexual gratification than dominance, but I'd tend to disagree. Yes, there is gratification, but I feel the gratification the perp obtains is largely a result of the perp achieving dominance over the victim. It's about controlling the other person, forcing them, reducing them to the level of just something to be used and hence not allowing them their rights, not respecting them as equal -- and by doing that, the perp gets gratification.

But we could argue about that endlessly and possibly never see eye to eye. You have your opinion and if that's what you feel, then you have the right to it. Absolutely. Because we're equal and on ATS, respect for one another is the ideal.

All the best,

Mike

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I remembered reading a news article about a gang of women in Africa somewhere gang raping men. I googled it and found this article don't know if it is related or not:

THE net is closing in on a gang of women reportedly kidnapping men and forcing them to be intimate with them, police have said. This comes barely two days after another man reported that he was sexually assaulted at gunpoint.

allafrica.com...

ETA:

I also found this:

www.wutang-corp.com...

For Thembi Hlatshuiayo and Phindile Morewwa, both students of a popular secondary school in Johannesburg, apart from being a major problem in South Africa, women raping men has become a source of embarrassment to the womenfolk. “The issue of women raping men is now one of the major problems in South Africa. In fact, it is a source of embarrassment to us,” Thembi said. Giving AIDS back to men Saturday Sun investigation, however, revealed that the alleged rapists are mostly AIDS infected women, who believed that they have contacted the killer disease from men and have decided to pay them back in their own coins. Lebo Leburu, a shop assistant in Johannesburg, told Saturday Sun thus: “The rapists are AIDS infected prostitutes. They are angry that men have given them the disease and have decided to give it back to them.”

Warning about the rest of the content at the website though, it's pretty graphic.

edit on 21-3-2013 by SubAce because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

reply to post by JustMike

Thank you guys both for the massive comments you made here. You definatelly have valid points, and some of it has changed my opinion on this subject a bit.

I concede...the thing about the dominance...sounds reasonable and logical. I do question the motif, as in wether the man that has been rejected and turns rapist, is actually going by some power trip desire or pure anger of rejection, and than the power trip comes as a reward, instead of the usual orgasm type reward. But it's probably a non issue.

Still, for me the biggest discovery is actually sematics. My mind absorbs the Rape word and processes it in a different way. In no way I'm saying it's the right way. What I'm saying is...when I hear "man raped by women"...i simply don't have that shock and empathy for the male "victim".

My opinions are strictly colored by me not ever being raped, and therefore hard to imagine how a girl would go about doing that to me. Any girl.

This is why I wanted some real life situations input to try to understand.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Yeah that's what I was wondering too... if the guy isn't interested and in a negative emotional state, I don't think 'things' would work as intended. It would be kind of like trying to push a marshmallow into a payphone coin slot.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Next time people want to talk about me, it would be nice if I were formally invited to the conversation.

Yes, men can be raped.

On a side note, would you and the judge that ruled on my case care for a trip to mars?
www.cbc.ca...
edit on 3/21/13 by TokiTheDestroyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TokiTheDestroyer

Sorry man....the thread wasn't about you...but you got me thinking about it after I saw your comment.

No offence intended.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
It can absolutely happen!

I'll let this article speak for itself.
Robber Used as Sex Slave

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I just can't see it myself. It would have been one of my dreams to be raped by a woman. Technically it is not rape if you are willing.......I was never unwilling back when I was younger.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I just can't see it myself. It would have been one of my dreams to be raped by a woman. Technically it is not rape if you are willing.......I was never unwilling back when I was younger.

That was something along my train of thought all along...
That's why I'm having hard time accepting it. I guess it boils down to what you have experienced or haven't.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BasqueIntheDark
a woman can rape a man with a strap on, too. duh.

or anything else, rape doesn't necessarily mean penises are involved. stop equating sex with a dick. a woman can drug a man, tie him up, and then use objects to rape him anally. like a potato. it doesn't always have to be about dicks. although, rapists /are/ 'dicks'.
edit on 21-3-2013 by BasqueIntheDark because: thoughts grew larger

Thanks. I've already conceded that option as a viable case of rape...If a man is drugged or incapacitated somehow.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Not the most intelligent OP I've ever read. Woman drugs man, fondles man when he's passed out = rape. Physical strength has no bearing on if rape is possible.

Also, there are some women out there stronger then some men. So yes, a woman who works out and is 6 foot with big muscles can more than likely physically rape a male whos 5'4 and weighs 100lbs. It's possible.
edit on 21-3-2013 by Ryanssuperman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

I know people hate reading all the posts in the thread....but it pays to devote some time to a thread....that way...you avoid posting something that has already been covered.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join