It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can a man be raped by woman?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

What are you driving at? Please explain. Is this thread just a fantasising trip for you or something? This is a deadly serious topic and I mean that literally. Males who are raped can die from blood loss if the crime committed against them is violent enough, or take their own lives due to the psychological trama -- just as woman can.

Trying to spin it that a conscious man who can fight back cannot be raped is just utterly absurd. If the sexual act (as that's what your wanting to discuss) occurs without his consent, then it is rape, regardless of whether he fights back or not. Exactly the same as applies for women!

Why is that so hard to understand?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 21/3/13 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
reply to post by pheonix358

Appreciate your input.

men will not fight back

Most women try to fight back while being raped, unless threatened with a weapon maybe. If they get to court, it helps their case a lot if they fought back.

So a woman pins you down, you don't fight back....and that's a rape ?

If somebody is doing to me something that I don't want being done to me...I will always protest or fight back. I think most people (not just men) will. If you don't protest...you either like it or don't care about it.

I respectfully disagree. Sometimes instinct kicks in and one realizes that fighting back will bring about a poorer outcome. I can only imagine that stereotypes prevail in male rapes given that they likely believe that they are dominant regarding strength (most often). I would think the psychological trauma would be different for a male and more likely to go unreported due to those stereotypes. I wonder if male rapes happened in my grandparents day? Something tells me this happened infrequently in past generations?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Hello, just throwing my 2 cents in....yes men can be raped by women.

I was going to go into personal experience but you seem to only want to deal with adult rape conversation.

My experience was as a youth and involved being drugged by a nurse family member, which is how I expect it is

in most cases, when we are young and vulnerable.

A predator is going to look for a week link to achieve thier goals, it has almost little to none to do with sex in my

opinion, and everything to do with dominance and self gratification.

If you haven't experienced this for yourself you can't possiblly understand how filthy you feel, and what it does to

your way of thinking.

Frankly from most of the comments you see in this post, I think it is understandable why we who have had this

happen don't speak up. Why would we when we know that ridicule and disbelief are waiting to add to the misery.

It's hard enough to deal with, without everyones judgement thrown on top.

Cheers.
edit on 21-3-2013 by Treespeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike

This is a very serious topic and very traumatic for many. We are talking about concepts of rape, not people making sandwiches!

There`s no need to blow a gasket,I`ve not read anyone here say they have been raped as a man by a woman,nor am I making fun of any man who has been raped by a woman.

Others have also added other comments.

Please keep your puerile, thoughtless comments to yourself and discuss only the topic of this thread.

Thank you.

I said yes but its unlikely.

For the question to be asked begs belief.

It would be the same as asking if a woman was raped by a man is it possible she could get aroused.

Doesn`t mean she wanted it!

edit on 21-3-2013 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

A person cannot legally give consent if they are below the age of consent. That's the whole point with stat. rape in most cases. So, even if they said "yes", it makes no difference because under the law, they are not old enough to give informed consent and that law and the applicable age limits are in place to protect them.

So yes, it's still rape.

EDIT: I've only addressed the above case because you raised it. However I think it would be more beneficial to the progress of your thread if we don't stray far from your main topic of adult female versus adult male. Otherwise we could wind up anywhere.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

Just the right accusation in a wrongn situation, without even much foundation, can literally rip someone's life apart, even if you can prove the photoshopping, let's say. There's still gonna be that "niggle" in t he back of people's minds when they look at you. That's just reality. I've seen it happen to men just that way.

Absolutely agree with you here. But in the end...the truth shall set you free. Sometimes...taking the path of truth...is hard...and expensive.

I absolutely totally disagree with. If you have sex when you do not want to be having sex and have said no, and for whatever reason, end up having the sex, all the time hating it and meaning no with every bit of your consciousness, despite and regardless of whatever your body may be doing reactively, it is still rape, in my opinion. No still means no, as almost everyone has pointed out.

Well, again I return to the fundemental of this thread. It requires male perspective. Men can't have sex, while hating it and meaning no, and still doing it. (if not drugged somehow)

At least I can't. But as I stated earlier...I'm probably a bit sick

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Thank you very much, JustMike, for the reminder that this can be very traumatic for some to talk or think about, so some sensitivity would be kind and appropriate. I also very much agree about the narrowness of the way some people think about rape, and for the OP, it seems as simple as the physcial circumstances of the sexual act. when it is really far more complex than that.

Rape is about domination, anger, degradation, control, humiliation. a whole lot more, and maybe mostly not at all, about sex. Given that, and once you understand that, the physical circumstances become less important and the dynamics and manipulation of the situation emotionally and how complex that can be, informs the situation in an entirely different manner.

To the OP, I think you are limiting it physical force in the way that you seem to be betrays a lack of understanding of the manipulative, humiliating nature of the crime. In fact, a lot of this question seems to be about how can a man be raped by a woman, when necessarily he must be aroused to perform the act, or participate, to be blunt. When one of the most humiliating aspects of rape can be not wanting to have sex on any level consciously, but at some point, your body betraying you because it operates on a biological, physiological level that sometimes has nothing to do with consciousness, intellect and the intent of those. In this case, this is the most humiliating, degrading aspect of rape. That domiination over the victim is the damage that haunts one forever.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike

Males who are raped can die from blood loss if the cime committed against them is violent enough, or take their own lives due to the psychological trama -- just as woman can.

Why is that so hard to understand?

Well, I dont agree with you there, but this is a thread for expressing opinion as I asked in the OP. I really didnt understand this sentence. Blood loss if the crime is severe enough? Are we talking about sexual intercourse rape or?

I have never heard of man committing suicide after being raped by a woman. I could be wrong. Feel free to link me otherwise.

And thanks for engaging in this discussion.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

reply to post by gps777

Pretty decent response.
Yeah I almost blew a gasket, which is rare for me. My wording was probably a bit strong and you have my apologies for that. As I said, it's a traumatic subject for some people and with the large membership and readership we have I get a bit over-protective I guess.

I take your point that it seems a surprising question for the OP to ask, but in the spirit of ATS I'd rather members asked about such things and got responses from other members than stayed silent. It seems to me that nearly always, some readers will at least glean some insights they didn't have before and that's good.

I guess we're in accord that yes, women can rape men but yes, it's unlikely or at least way less common that man vs woman -- as the stats I quoted show (and they can easily be backed up if required).

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Sometimes instinct kicks in and one realizes that fighting back will bring about a poorer outcome

Please state a case where a man fighting off an unwanted sexual advance from a woman is a poorer outcome. And how can not fighting it off be a better outcome ? Better for whom ?

Thanks

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Thanks for the response. Again, we need to bear in mind that rape does not require "forced sex" (in the "conventional" sense) to occur. Anal violation of an unwilling person by the use of a foreign object is still rape and can lead to severe physical trauma and related blood loss. Such injuries can be very dangerous and can result in death, either directly from blood loss and shock, or from subsequent infection.

I'd rather not go into more detail than that, but you get the picture.

Many cases of suicide go unreported in the media and even when they are reported, we don't always know the full or even real reasons why the person took his/her own life. So even if reports are not online, it doesn't mean such cases don't exist. I'm sorry if that seems an inadequate response, but any rape victim, no matter their gender or the perpetrator's, can suffer serious psychological trauma.

For that reason we need to be realistic and accept that people who are raped can and sometimes do take their own lives, and there is no reason why that only has to apply in cases of where a female is the rape victim.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

Rape is about domination, anger, degradation, control, humiliation. a whole lot more, and maybe mostly not at all, about sex.

Respectfully disagree....majority of rape cases are about sexual gratification, one can't achieve in a normal way. It is an ancient instinctive drive...embedded in all of us. Those that reject it or are unable to practice normal sex, tend to deviate towards rapes, pedophilia and such. Power trips that one gets from rape, that you speak off, are in my opinion much rarer cases...of course, there is always a power imbalance during any rape...but is it the prime motivator for the rape ?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Anal violation of an unwilling person by the use of a foreign object is still rape can lead to severe physical trauma and related blood loss. Such injuries can be very dangerous and can result in death, either directly from blood loss and shock, or from subsequent infection.

agreed. But for that to happen to a man...he must be drugged or somehow helpless, otherwise...no man would let that happen to him. Well...most men

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Thank you JustMike
back at you.

I understand your point and also agree with your thoughts and feelings on the topic.

Maybe I shouldn`t have made that fun remark,but it wasn`t directed at anyone who is affected by assault/rape etc.

I`ll edit the post and remove it,just so it doesn`t cause confusion.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

I take your point.
But consider this scenario: 120 lb man versus 240 lb woman. Yes, it almost sounds funny except it can be very real and the results could be serious.

Or average-sized man versus a group of women. Rare? Yes, sure. Possible? Also yes.

Reason why a woman or group of women might do such a thing? It could be purely a perverted form of gratification, as rape generally is, or it could even be payback, where the man might have done something evil, or in the minds of the perpetrators, he represents a man or men who did.

Whatever the reason/s, it's possible.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
I'm just wondering-under duress,in a situation like this,being forced into something the guy does'nt want-how does he get it up?That's the one thing i find strange about this-a woman has the equipment that makes the act of rape easy-but does'nt the guy have to be aroused for it to ..you know,well,get it up?
I just cannot imagine that's going to happen easily if he's feeling victimised or traumatised?

That was also my thought. Not that I'm disregarding the issue, just mentioning that this was one of hte first thoughts that popped into my little noggin.

OTOH, an erection is an involuntary response, so it could happen, I guess. It is just that stress can make it not happen.
edit on 21-3-2013 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

reply to post by NavyDoc

If we limit the concept of rape only to unwilling sexual intercourse, yeah. It's not so easy to imagine though I guess it's possible still. For example, it could even happen when the guy is asleep and in REM state.

But seeing as rape can even include the use of foreign objects, then there are cases where rape can occur whether the man is "up for it" or not. A page or two back I quoted the FBI definition of rape which makes it quite clear: rape is not just limited to cases of actual sexual intercourse.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join