It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Stunning Defeat Has Been Handed to Senator Dianne Feinstein: Assault Weapons Ban Dropped !!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by coltcall

Love the photo of Feinstein trying to pull her face off her skull.

Shouldn't someone ?

The REVOLUTION against the FEINSTEIN WIVES continues:

One by one, counties and towns across New York State are launching resolutions denouncing the state’s new gun ban, the New York Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act of 2013, as egregious and unconstitutional.

“Right now we have 51 out of 62 counties opposed or in the process of opposing the New York SAFE Act,” said Columbia County resident Evan Hempel.

www.humanevents.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TriForce

www.gunpolicy.org... they have 275,000 in civilian hands but only 30 hand guns evidently and they have an average of 36.4 guns per every 100 people so they arent to bad off and they have less guns then the military and police on the island it seems to be that they are mostly rifles and shotguns in civilian hands

7 people were killed in gun crimes in 2010 in Cyprus

www.google.com...:CYP&dl=en&hl=en&q=population%20of%20cyprus seems they can arm about a quarter of their population
edit on 19-3-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The fact that it has failed to reach a floor vote in the Senate is great news. I didn't think it would be defeated this early. It seems there is some sanity left in the Senate after all.

Unfortunately, we all know this won't be the end of it. The Dems are too blinded by ideology to realize that they're losing this one badly.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Our next fight to protect our Constitutional Rights is the proposed universal background check bill now in the senate.

The fights not over.

The proposal to require universal background checks, broadly considered the next-most likely bill to pass the Senate, is currently in a state of limbo. Sen. Chuck Schumer (D) of New York has offered a proposal to be taken up by the Senate Judiciary Committee, but his discussions with key senators with “A” ratings from the National Rifle Association – including Sens. Tom Coburn (R) of Oklahoma and Joe Manchin (D) of West Virginia – broke down over record keeping for gun sales between private individuals. Senator Kirk, another Republican involved in the talks, also announced he could not support Senator Schumer’s bill at present.

www.csmonitor.com...(page)/2

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MissingRonnieR

And if this guy has a hostile group beyond his skill or ammo, I will cut them down myself,regardless of the insignia they wear,with all my training and skills (Place the name of your vet neighbor here,it's the noise we hate).
I will not be alone.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
this is very good news, though i urge people not to lose vigilance. the worst bill might have taken a blow, but none of these bills are constitutional, and all are a threat to freedom.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
A Stunning Defeat Has Been Handed to Senator Dianne Feinstein: Assault Weapons Ban Dropped !!!

No a battle was fought and now they are regrouping the war continues.

I have got to agree 100% with you - these people will not stop at this as long as they are in office.

The whitehouse has already come out and said they'll get the votes at some point. I doubt that it'll ever fairly get heard on its own merits and fully expect them to keep attaching to unrelated legislation until they can slip it by in the dark of night.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

That "other gun legislation" is still in the works and magazine limits, and background checks still may be passed.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
We won the battle, but expect these authoritarians come up with another bill. The next bill would be something like a Bazooka Assault Weapons Ban, then they will sneak bullet limits and guns in the bill. Be vigilant these creeps never give up since they continue to get globalist money to maintain the fight until they die.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
This has to be frightening to TPTB that so many people aren't going to be gullible falling for their theatrics any longer.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

This I win you loose mantra is childish and frankly pathetic. People who get there kicks hooting an hollering about things that frankly they had nothing to do with are sophist fools.

This bill was defeated because it was patently unconstitutional and would not be supported nearly all moderates in the senate. It was clear that the bill was doomed in the house from day one. This tea party vs progressive thing is stupid and bad for the country. The tea party is a fringe far right group who relies on fear mongering and bellicose rhetoric. Progressives are far left idealists who are totally nieve, out of touch and argue semantics. I think both groups are what's wrong with this country since they are opposed to working together to achieve common sense solutions which we desperately need on everything from homeland security to the economy.

Ultimately I still have faith in our system because both sides cancel each other out and people who actually read books while living in the real world have the ultimate say even though they make up a small amount of the population. This was a success of the american political process because moderates quietly and without bravado refused to pass an ultimately unconstitutional law, not because one yahoo group outshouted the other.
edit on 19-3-2013 by IndianaJoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta
She just got the bad news from Harry Reid. Support is now gone.

This is great news, but at the same time it makes me very nervous. It sounds too much like a signal for another false flag attack in order to regain, or even increase, support.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Good news!!! Now can we throw her anti American ass out of this country?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by slowisfast

Well would depend on what these gun laws were. Concealed? In a holster.... I suppose I could hide said holster under a jacket maybe? Im not sure how you are going to carry your gun in a school without a kid being bound to see it. Unless you are illegally stuffing it in your pants.

I have to step in because every rebuttal you make is more idiotic than the last. Millions let me repeat millions of Americans are licensed to carry concealed firearms and practice this right on a daily basis. This same group of people are responsible for legally defending themselves and others for an estimated 850,000-2.5 million times per year. This is an estimate because majority of concealed carry defense situations end with no shots being fired and no reports being made, just a criminal fleeing for their life.
Unless you are a police officer you would not carry a firearm in a school on your hip. You would carry it in a Inside the waistband holster, ankle holster or similar. Somewhere that not one adult or, child would know its there. The firearm is secure and is not touched unless, god forbid, some psycho forced his way in intending harm to people in that facility.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

Dick Durbin at 5:40. None of these rights are absolute. You heard him say it. They will try to change what they see fit when they do.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Not at all. Afraid of scaring the kids to death.

LOL - you want to hear a funny story. My daughter asked me once why I always had to take my gun off when we go into the school for a meeting or event.

I told her the same government that paid me 24 years to carry a weapon to protect kids and allows me to carry one at Chuck-e-Cheese doesn't allow me to do so in a school.

Why? she says... I am not really sure I say.

Then she says, Daddy, I wonder if that is why the bad people always shoot kids in schools...they know that there are no good people with guns there to stop them.

Wow my kid gets it...you, not so much.

Just for the record - if you are carrying a concealed weapon and anyone sees it, kids or not; you are doing it wrong. The point of a concealed carry permit is the "concealed part".

No one knows it’s there but you. Probably people around you all day every day carrying firearms and you never know it.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

"You all must be so happy! Now you can use those assault weapons to hunt.. err I mean, defend yourself against intruders. er I mean, defend yourself against the us government, oops no, that wont work either.
But they must be real fun to take for target practice, right?! Great for pictures!!! And mass murders."

You see? Talk like that tells me you've never been around guns. You've mystified them. It's a sort of ignorance. You should try going to a range with an experienced shooter. Take the stigma out of the whole "gun" thing. Get rid of the fear.
edit on 19-3-2013 by Corbin Dalus because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2013 by Corbin Dalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Love seeing Feinstein get taken down a notch. But, we all know this won't be the end. They'll be back, trying to worm their way in.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
www.facebook.com... hehe if any one wanted to give a personal message to mrs fienstine her page is open......and apparently no one is comment moderating at the very least its good for some laughs as well as showing exactly how many people are happy that her gun ban failed

seen a few outlandish comments and a few very well thought out ones but i figured some of us might want to voice our opinion on her.....just try not to say anything you might regret.....

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I also dont feel like turning this country into the old west.

And how many school shootings were there in the Old West?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join