It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Stunning Defeat Has Been Handed to Senator Dianne Feinstein: Assault Weapons Ban Dropped !!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by LoneGunMan

I thought those numbers were grossly over inflated? Or that they were just pre order purchases to lock in a price

The majority of the rounds were for hollow point bullets, which are not even legal for use during war, where people are trying to kill eachother.

So why would a department that only operates inside america need them? For killing americans at the hands of their government, is the obvious, and only reason that makes any sense.

I suggest you dont open this can of worms, unless your ready to not like your government any more.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
In the end,they will get the guns.
Do not like it but I cannot see them giving up on this.

They will not attack it head on with a Bill banning firearms-it will be an add on to something,like a school lunch aid Bill.
Slowly they will incorporate registration at the range to prove you are qualified to shoot--like Continuing Ed Credits to show familiarity.
Then taggets on rounds and they will require ID to buy--all this will make for defacto registration of your guns.
`Mr smith,you say you only have a .22,but you bought 300 rds of .223 at HuntersCorner Gun Range on 15 June 2015,and fired 50 rds of 9mm on the same day` .

They will get all the ducks lined up and then make the move.Sorry,but we will not get to keep them.Then the real smackdown of America begins.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
double post sorry
edit on 19-3-2013 by BlackSnake because: ghost in the machine

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

sorry but as much as i would like to believe a small grass root effort.made a difference i cant ignore the fact that several billions would have been lost from a large lobbying industry had this law been passed. ultimately i think as always when it.comes to politics its about money and not the will of the people. IMO this ban was never meant tobe passed .

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by solomons path
reply to post by something wicked

Yes . . . an article from a country that has outlawed firearms should surely be taken as an unbiased source. If those polls were truly accurate about the "majority" of Americans supporting a "ban", there would be no shortage of firearms or ammo. Politcal polls aside, the "majority" of Americans have spoken with their wallets ever since it was shown to be one of Obama's goals (to ban certain classes of firearms) during his first term.

That was from 2009 . . . well, they thought the "time was right", but they still don't have enough support. And based upon new gun owners since December, they actually are falling further behind.

NICS statistics 2012

You did of course purposefully miss my point, The brainwashed by the NRA public (would that be you?) have got your congressmen in their pocket meaning any meaningful debate is stifled.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
all those kids slaughtered for nothing !

oh the humanity !!!

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I am a Father of three, 26,22,and 6 years of age. It has been, and continues to be, my responsibility to protect my family.

I work and pay taxes and have never been arrested. Although I have a career even that was with the purpose to provide. I will never be famous or rich, my name will be known only by a few, but I will protect and serve those who I am on this earth to provide for.

I fear no man or government and will defend my family against living being that threatens those I love. My wife and children are my reason for being.

I need no ones permission to own a firearm. If the President deserves 24×7 protection so do the ones I protect.

My Rights have been paid with the blood of those that came before me. My Father, his Father and generations of Fathers before me have paved the road I travel

I ask nothing from Government and expect less. On Holiday's I fly the flag in respect of those who have gone before. My loyalty is not to a Politician but to a belief.

I am an American Father. I will provide and protect. I am willing to die for those I love and the rights I have inherited. Any man who believes he can take that away needs to have the same dedication.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

remember this moment.

What moment ?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

Well if you know anything about negotiations, NOW is the time to pay attention.

1) Assault weapon ban = The crazy thing they knew they wouldn't get but needed a bargining chip to work with.

2) What they wanted but havn't told to anyone except those in negotiations = What we will now be stuck with and happy about because we feel like we beat them...

What will it be...

Maybe a back door manner of making populace legally unfit to own guns...

Maybe something worse completely unrelated to firearms...

Maybe it's the ok to give kids the anthrax vaccine that was just rubberstamped today as well.

YAY! what a victory! wake up.

we don't even know the name of the game they are playing.

edit on 19-3-2013 by WHYFIGHT because: content reorginization

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I have always found myself leaning more liberally than conservatively, but in truth I stand up for the Constitution. That is all we have as a nation that was handed down from the founders of this country. I would want these founders to be able to look at our government today and recognize it for what they had created, instead of an abomination in which the people have given up their rights out of fear of both the government and the bogeyman the government constantly talks about. Terrorism at the moment.

A lesson that can be learned from this is that one should not support a party unless they agree with every single tenet that party stands for. And frankly, if anyone actually does that, I feel sorry for you, because neither party believes in the right thing even the majority of the time. This buying into the two party system is what has allowed it to perpetuate and take over the political scene, and it needs to be stopped. Both parties are nothing but a front.

I am quite glad this is going to be stone-walled. Frankly, I wonder if the politicians have come to understand that there are too many Americans who would stand up for their rights, and that passing such a bill would create chaos. Not only should US citizens be allowed guns, they should be allowed any type of weapons the military is allowed to. This is simply in keeping with the logic of our founding fathers and the Constitution. Guns are to protect us from tyranny, plain and simple. We would have no means to oppose the government if they enacted anything contrary to true democracy, and they whoever was in power could do whatever they wished, as long as they have the support of the military.

And if we are not allowed weapons to at least approach matching the military's firepower, the 2nd amendment may as well be useless. And there is nothing legal about banning assault weapons. First of all, the gov. is calling an assault weapon anything that "looks" like a true assault weapon, whether it actually is or not. A true assault weapon is fully automatic, which is legal nowhere in the US. What people are buying look the same as their assault rifle brethren, but they are not fully automatic, which means the trigger cannot be depressed one time to fire indefinitely. Even burst fire weapons are not legal for us to own. Semi automatic weapons are not assault rifles, no matter what they look like.

They make BB guns look like M4's or AR-15's, should we ban those to?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

reply to post by HIWATT

A bullet in a war. Correct! Are we the people at war with any government? You may wish we were, but when you lose, you'll be a tyrant.

What are you talking about? The bullet he was referring to is the bullet that allowed freedom and democracy to exist in the United States.

.."but when you lose, you'll be a tyrant." So in other words, it's not until you lose that you'll concede and accept and become tyranny or a tyrant.. somehow, your logic is very revealing..
edit on 19-3-2013 by tony9802 because: edit

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Originally posted by solomons path

Yes . . . an article from a country that has outlawed firearms should surely be taken as an unbiased source. If those polls were truly accurate about the "majority" of Americans supporting a "ban", there would be no shortage of firearms or ammo. Politcal polls aside, the "majority" of Americans have spoken with their wallets ever since it was shown to be one of Obama's goals (to ban certain classes of firearms) during his first term.

That was from 2009 . . . well, they thought the "time was right", but they still don't have enough support. And based upon new gun owners since December, they actually are falling further behind.

NICS statistics 2012

You did of course purposefully miss my point, The brainwashed by the NRA public (would that be you?) have got your congressmen in their pocket meaning any meaningful debate is stifled.

Uhm . . . no didn't miss your point. Maybe you have fallen for the other side's politics about complaining the only reason they don't get to ban guns (which I don't believe in prohibitionof any kind) is this powerful gun lobby. Maybe you have fallen for the emotional plea that banning guns will make us safer, when in fact, history shows the exact opposite. Or maybe, you believe the myth that the "majority" of Americans support a gun ban thanks to the media and politically influenced polling.

A few years ago, while I was doing research at the University of Chicago, I had lunch with Tom Smith, who is the director of the General Social Survey at the National Opinion Research Center (NORC). This private organization conducts many important national surveys for the government as well as other clients. During lunch Tom mentioned how important he thought the General Social Survey was. He felt the large drop in gun ownership implied by his survey would “make it easier for politicians to do the right thing on guns” and pass more restrictive regulations. His surveys have traditionally shown one of the lowest gun ownership rates among any of the surveys: for example, almost 20 percentage points lower than recent polling by John Zogby. . . .

Joh n Lott - Bias Against Guns pg 36

Notice I used the FBI's NICS website in my last post, not any info from the NRA. BTW - I don't support the NRA because they have become too motivated by party politics. Although, I can see why, since they were formed to stop Democrats from passing legislation meant to keep freed slaves from owning firearms. The KKK was a Democratic party organization . . . It wasn't until FDR that somehow the Progressives became "liberal" and wasn't until the Civil Rights movement when they became a friend of "minorities", in order to shed their racist heritage.

KKK

So no . . . didn't miss your point. And I'd question who the real "brainwashed" poster in this thread is. Also, don't fool yourself there are just as powerful anti-gun groups as the NRA. They just like to hide behind the scenes and guide policy and tactics, such as:
Violence Policy Center

Missed your point . . . what that you have bought in to the media hype?
edit on 3/19/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Born in 46, i was never afraid of guns....hell i was a cadet soldier by the time i was 13, and shooting military weapons....
What we were scared of back then was NUCLEAR WAR......not guns.
These mass killings are relatively new phenomena and are a symptom of the dissociated state society is in, ...
protecting ones self from such insanity seems to be nessessary these days...and will become more so in future i believe.....These psychotic episodes may come with an accellerated frequency.......

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
reply to post by bknapple32

Because that does no good when the dollar crashes and they start using those 2,714 light armored assault vehicles and 1.6 billion rounds of hollow point ammo.

You seem to be an intelligent fellow, so why is it that you do not see what is going on? I am not talking about NWO I am talking about something VERY real. The government is prepping and you should too.

About that 1.6 billion rounds:

1600M you would think means 1600 million, which is 1.6 billion.

However:

Page 29 of the Defense Logistics Agency, Customer Assistance Handbook lists the QUP (Quantity Unit Pack) as M=50.

The purchase order for 1600M equals 1600 boxes of 50 rounds.

I've been using the stock system for 42 years.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

God those statistics burn the hell out of me.

Near 600,000 people who were convicted of "crime" of more than a year were denied a firearm

Wonder if people realize that doesn't make them a felon or serve prison time or a mass murder.

That is utter nonsense.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by interupt42
IMO It looks like the bipartisan strategic planning on this issue worked perfectly for the weapons manufacturers.

Result: more weapons and ammo sold while no drastic change to the Assault Weapons Ban . It appears that the gun manufacturing lobbying industry appear to have gotten a double win.

It's good to see that someone found the real conspiracy at work here..

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackSnake
In the end,they will get the guns.
Do not like it but I cannot see them giving up on this.

They will not attack it head on with a Bill banning firearms-it will be an add on to something,like a school lunch aid Bill.
Slowly they will incorporate registration at the range to prove you are qualified to shoot--like Continuing Ed Credits to show familiarity.
Then taggets on rounds and they will require ID to buy--all this will make for defacto registration of your guns.
`Mr smith,you say you only have a .22,but you bought 300 rds of .223 at HuntersCorner Gun Range on 15 June 2015,and fired 50 rds of 9mm on the same day` .

They will get all the ducks lined up and then make the move.Sorry,but we will not get to keep them.Then the real smackdown of America begins.

They'll get some of em for sure....the rest of us know how to dig.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

First, I want to make it clear that there are those that fall into those categories that shouldn't be allowed to have a firearm, IMO . . . But,

While the intention behind all of the exclusions is meant to be "in the public interest" and seem benign, people can get screwed by any of those . . .

What if my girlfriend says I threatened her and requests a restraining order, out of malice, even if I didn't and she is just pissed that I broke up with her and doesn't want me calling or coming back to get my property? No recourse for me . . . no guns.

What if I decide not to follow immoral orders from a superior or just decide I don't agree with military life and I'm given a "dishonorable discharge"? No recourse for me . . . no guns.

What if I got busted with some MJ or ever was ordered to rehab/AA after drunken fight, in college, and now want to purchase a gun in my 30s? No recourse for me . . . no guns.

Push my girlfriend or wife when she attacks me one night and she initiates the police report? No recourse for me . . . no guns.

And of course the best if "Federally Denied Persons List" . . . I'm sure this number will grow every year with the very loose DHS conditions for "domestic terrorists". I'll be watching that stat closely over the next few years.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

reply to post by TauCetixeta

Well we could debate waning support all day. Was it because those senators didnt want that in the bill? Or could it be from outside pressures and fights they just didnt want to deal with?

How about the outside influence in support of the bill? Oh, we don't wanna discuss that it's a two-way street.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I wonder how well the citizens of Cyprus are armed? I'm betting, not very well.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join