It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHAT is REALLY going on...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Ok, so bare with me as this is merely a profound thought that has been recurring to me lately. So I thought I would post it here to get it out of my head and on to paper for discussion and hopefully I get bored with it an it goes away...cuz at this point the idea taking over my thoughts for most of the day.

Having said that...Away we go:

Basically what is really going on is that this "REALITY" is merely a mentally stimulated consciousness simulation or MSCS.

Some of the people we perceive and experience in this simulation are computer generated personalities or carbon copy personalities to populate the "simulation world". Some others are "real" people participating in the same simulated experience (total recall style).

Populating the "game world" pulls the "REAL US" (ill get to this later) out of the real consciousness and inserts us further and further into the simulated consciousness to the point we forget there is even a "REAL US" or "REAL ME" or "REAL YOU".

The simulated reality is accepted and the old reality or basis reality is forgotten.

Now the above is nothing "new" this isn't original material here...but what made it profound for me is when I reference what is going on in this simulated world to what the "Real World" would possible be like...

In the real world is this really just a virtual vacation??
A Prison sentence?
A video game for mere entertainment??

OR (and my favorite)

Are we ALL in a stasis chamber on a giant mother-ship that has spent the last several thousands of years traversing space en rout to the first exploration of an alien planet that harbors life.

When SOME others die in this simulation..they are either merely simulated people and personalities that are carbon copied from previous consciousness archetypes, OR they are being woke up from their stasis state and mental simulation to perform duties and prepare for events on board the mother ship.

When we die we are being woken up from stasis and at that point our REAL consciousness FLOODS back to us exactly as it does when we wake up frantically from a nightmare...We perform whatever duties we were awoken to perform such as exercise to keep the physical body functioning in the REAL world...(like coming up for air while diving so to speak) or maintenance on board the mother-ship.

Certain people (mechanics and engineers) are triggered to "die" in the simulated world and "wake" in the real world whenever the mother-ship detects issues that need to be addressed through human means.

When I reference THIS with this thread
The Waiting Game

and the trending doomsday theories constantly posted here on ATS and the climactic nature this simulated reality seems to be approaching....Mayan Calender, Revelations, etc etc...ALL of it built in simulated coding as a "timer" to wake us up from stasis.

I consider that in the REAL WORLD....we are nearing our destination and the simulated consciousness/stasis chambers we have all been in are preparing/signaling us for a "mass extinction" of the simulated world and a mass awakening in the REAL WORLD.

When this mass extinction and awakening happens we will all be essentially waking up back to our REAL WORLD where we look out the mother-ships windows and see this alien world we have been traveling thousands of years to visit...as the FIRST human ambassadors to a NEW WORLD and Alien race.

The horrific deaths and injustices in this simulated world are merely a process of mass awakening form a simulated world back to the real world where were intergalactic space travelers on one of the most epic missions imaginable....

HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE??!?!?!

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Why are there no members all up in here? Please go to the short story section and let your greatest imagination run free! i love the basis of your thoughts and ideas...
edit on 19-3-2013 by antar because: rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I love that idea!

You have a great premise for a novel or screen play.

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

That was an episode on star gate.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
So is that a metaphor for what you believe but havn't pinned it
to a specific religion/real world structure yet??

or is it meant to be literal??

thought i'd check before thinking about it.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Isn't that a movie? Well it should be...

I think what you just wrote may be a better explanation of what reality actually looks like now. I mean if its just one big game that would explain why some people are playing monopoly, as in trying to accumalate as much wealth as possible, some people just want to help others do well, and some just like to sit back and enjoy the show.

It also makes sense when viewed from the metaphysical and quantum physics level considering our thoughts create our reality and consciousness can leave our bodies as in Astral Projection.

I like it.

AWA

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by cjttatu

Its both....but I'm thinking more literally as it is entirely possible as THAT is how much we KNOW (or more accurately how LITTLE we know) about what goes on after death and/or what this LIFE is all about. Also that they have already been able to simulate certain aspects of our reality enough to run simulations...

The same conscious experience we have after waking up from a deep sleep dream/nightmare is identical to what would experience if this were a simulation from which we would wake from in the same manner.

Consciousness completely FORGOTTEN while sleeping then suddenly remembered when waking. Lucid dreaming would be similar to a simulation that you were AWARE was being ran...and the immersion wasn't enough to pull you into that new reality 100%.

edit on 19-3-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeWeAre
reply to post by Sly1one

Isn't that a movie? Well it should be...

I think what you just wrote may be a better explanation of what reality actually looks like now. I mean if its just one big game that would explain why some people are playing monopoly, as in trying to accumalate as much wealth as possible, some people just want to help others do well, and some just like to sit back and enjoy the show.

It also makes sense when viewed from the metaphysical and quantum physics level considering our thoughts create our reality and consciousness can leave our bodies as in Astral Projection.

I like it.

AWA

I really like your idea about people within the simulation segregating themselves according to how they play "games"...that fits nicely into this view/possibility.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Some of the people we perceive and experience in this simulation are computer generated personalities or carbon copy personalities to populate the "simulation world". Some others are "real" people participating in the same simulated experience (total recall style).

I first came upon a version of this idea 45 years ago while talking to a stranger in a park. At that time I was beginning to streach beyond my Christian upbringing and in this conversation the topic of souls came up when I mentioned that all of us have souls. This person said, how do you know? Maybe only a few people do and the rest are just hollow.

This was well before our ideas of holodecks and VR had come into general awareness and at the time struck me broadside. How indeed did I know. I didn't

What I find most interesting about your line of thinking here is not the specific thoughts so much as that you are even able to think like this. Not that I can't, or others around here can't, or for that matter any number of people today because we can and do.

What's interesting is that we didn't used to be able to think like this. Did we? Didn't people used to just believe the general premises of their cultures( ie; religions) Thinking with in the boxes they had been presented from childhood. Certainly some did. Scientists, creative thinkers within a certain religion etc. But for the most part, all were tied to staying if not in the box, then very closely to the box.

But now aday all freeking kind of "scenarios" as to the nature of our reality are popping up all over the place. Metaphors some one said above this reply. Allegories. Individual thought processes, geared to understanding it all rather than taking verbatim the stories of the past.

As others have mentioned, your suggestions above have a lot in common with various movies or sf novels, but so what. You display an ability to seek out coherent themes that make sense to you and I might add to me as well. I have my own versions of what you say above. True or not matters not I think. They are true in a way that is very suggestive of a larger reality, and after all isn't that what we are all about?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Hey Sly1one, I've often entertained an idea eerily similar to yours. That's trippy bro, nice thread.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Why don't you just admit that you have NO clue what it's really all about. None of us have. There are probably as many theories as to what life is all about as there have been lives lived. I'd advise not wasting your time on something that cannot be answered.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sayzaar
Why don't you just admit that you have NO clue what it's really all about. None of us have. There are probably as many theories as to what life is all about as there have been lives lived. I'd advise not wasting your time on something that cannot be answered.

Funny thing is...in order for me to of even had the thought in the OP I would have already have admitted that I have NO CLUE what its all really about...because certainly I'm rejecting a lot of traditionally determined ideas about what most think its "all really about".

Assuming my premise in the OP is a possibility...that would also mean that anything we do in life is a "waste of time"...and even if that premise is false I'm not wasting my time because I actually really enjoy going through these thoughts (this is not the first one, nor will it be the last) about existence, life, and reality...

So for me its no more wasting my time to "figure this stuff out" as it is for anyone else to "waste" their time "painting a picture" or "creating a song"....it entertains me and I find enjoyment out of it. I enjoy exploring possible and plausible possibilities that can make sense out of this reality, life, and experience we are all apparently having...

Its DEFINITELY better than submitting to the current linear/static modern day archetype of what life and reality is all about...quite frankly most everything in the modern life bores me to no end.

top topics

join