It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloomberg is A Waste Of Oxygen Now He Wants To Hide Cigarettes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
All this hate for smoking in this thread. Fer chrissake, to each his own, man.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Petriclivicus

yeah even if they try to ban cigarets on a federal level im sure the native Americans would be exempt from such things (separate nation and they dont pay tax on them either and tobacco is part of some of their rituals ) so if it comes to the black market the native Americans will be one of the best sources to get them from. packs at stores in Montana range from 5-7 dollars (something like 15 a pack in ny if not more) but i can get loose tobacco for 3 dollars a pound or 3.50-4.50 a pack of name brand on the reservations so as much as Bloomberg wants to get people to stop smoking he cant stop them with out screwing with the native Americans and with the history of our government screwing them over i would not want to be the modern day politician that tried to crack down on native Americans

so if they try to ban them ny just go spend some money with native Americans and cut off nys tax money

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

They already implemented this in Australia, made no difference whatsoever , changing the packaging doesn't erase an addiction, it just makes it look like the "big dogs" care about peoples health, whereby if they actually cared, they would take them off the shelves completely.

link   

They already implemented this in Australia, made no difference whatsoever , changing the packaging doesn't erase an addiction, it just makes it look like the "big dogs" care about peoples health, whereby if they actually cared, they would take them off the shelves completely.

link   

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
another silly rule from a moron. did he recently make a trip up to Canada to get this moronic idea?

as has been said in at least Ontario advertising for smokes has not been allowed for many years, for a few years now smokes have been hidden on shelves out of view. it has changed nothing. kids still take up smoking, adults still smoke. can be amusing tho when "your brand" is out or if you wish to try something else, you can tie up the cash register person for a long time having them pull out all the different brands to look at. or alternately asking if they have this brand or that brand etc.
this REALLY pisses off customers that are now stuck waiting for you. i never did see the point of "hiding smokes" everyone knows they are there so that cancels out the "ex-smoker may decide to buy a pack because he sees them" thing, the ex smoker knows that the cigarettes are just behind that plastic panel waiting. and it won't stop kids from starting to smoke "because they can't see what everyone KNOWS is there".

what is he going to push for next? putting those "horrid pictures" on packs to discourage smoking? the pictures that smokers don't even notice and that became "collector items" for kids that actually ENCOURAGED them to smoke so they could collect them.

how long till you can vote this egotistical maniac out?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrzeE

nicely said. but it they took them off the shelf completely they would loose a major tax revenue cash cow that they depend on to make ends meet.
they would be lost without all the cash that cigarettes make the government.

what i actually find amusing in Ontario is the fact that "cigarettes are so bad they need to be hidden away". yet DRUG paraphernalia, pipes, scales, grinders, etc is still left out in the open in the SAME stores for everyone to see. guess they think street drugs are better for you.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   

They already implemented this in Australia, made no difference whatsoever

While its hard to single out any individual factor, the range of measures introduced over the years (plain packaging, warnings, limiting advertising, etc....) must be doing something because every survey shows consistently that smoking is on a downward trend.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
for a government that wants to kill people they're certainly doing a great job hiding the fact ban ciggys and cut alcohol but give the people codex allimentarius the mind boggles ...

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Since I am a non-smoker and I think smoking affects a lot mor people than the smoker themselves, I find this a good step and hope somebody in Germay would try the same.

I really hate to get all the smoke wherever I go. And hopefully this step would help to reduce the amount of smokers because the younger generation will not be brainwashed by all this ads and by seeing tabacco in everywhere in the shops
edit on 19-3-2013 by aLLeKs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I'm tired of all this anti-smoking BS. I'm an adult, I don't need a nanny. And for the children? So long as they don't see those evil ciggies, they can watch their mindless and violent television and play their games all day safely and if they are lucky, they can see a graphic commercial showing someones chest being ripped open with a bloody heart to warn them of the dangers of smoking fallowed by a commercial showing that cool people drink a particular brand of vodka.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
That puke is a micro managing piece of dung hung up on his own narcissistic fantasies about his power, might and majesty. He covers it with his Fantasy Island view of what's good for everyone else.

He IS a Monster, and he IS trash. No one has the RIGHT to determine what I can and cannot have or view or whatever. That is not the purview of OUR legal system even though it's perversion makes it look that way.

He DOES fit the psychological profile for Tyrannical behavior and personal importance delusion.

New Yorkers need to start punching him out in public.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I can't wait until they ban alchohol! Then let's see the holier than thou drinkers on their anti-smoking campaigns!

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cabin

Originally posted by BlindBastards
People who already smoke still do it. It’s their choice to harm their bodies with that poison. But frankly, if you decide whether or not you’re going to smoke based on whether the packs are in plain sight or hidden then you’re an idiot.

It is not the fact about the choice being made whether to smoke based on the visibility of the smokes, but about the influence that the overall marketing has on our decisions.

Why do you think in TV and on streets there are all the ads. Of course one of the main reasons of it is about making people aware of the product, although it also affects our decisions. Imagine a situation when wherever you go absolutely everywhere are "for smoking" campaigns. I imagine in such a situation most people would be smoking. The amount of smoking "propaganda" in the movies and overally everywhere is one of the reasons why there are so many smokers.

Also I know several cases, when someone trying to quit or started smoking, simply cause they went to store after a bad day without no intention of buying a cigarette pack. Although when standing near the counter, they saw the packs and though "Ah, what the hell, lets get one, only one". And then came two...
Ummm....I'm sure that's how it works with pot smokers too...Think about it...because it's not displayed on an end-cap then the buds just don't get sold. This should work with beer as well...because it's not on display or advertised then fermented beverages should quietly go the way of the dinosaur.....Wonderful logic there...That's probably why there are no tweakers or crack ho's anymore......because mayor bloomburg championed the "no happy pill's displayed in the shop window" crack-down.....I guess he's got people like you to thank for helping rid society of all of it's habituals.
Oh...BTW...did you ever think to just not light up or buy them....I mean it was/is YOUR decision to inhale...or not....................I know, I know...that little white tube just forces itself into your hands and controls your mind like a swami.........you will smoke...you will smoke.....Bwa ha ha ha...haaa.

YouSir

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Ummm...do you think that you could post this a few more times...cause the three times you posted it already just didn't seem to get your point across.....

YouSir

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrMaybeNot
We have that in Canada since some time now, I think it's a good thing for childrens.
2nd
I agree.........take the tobacco and alcohol out of their lives....but by all means keep the flouride and GMO breakfast choco pebbly fruits...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Same old, same old!
They always start 'banning things' such as free speech, alcohol, maybe cigarettes during a massive depression and leading up to some kind of war.
Modus Operandii of the Psycopaths.........stuck on the same old record!

Time to get rid of the record, me thinks!

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by YouSir

I have one question for Cabin "all the smoking propaganda in the movies"? What century are you living in?
I watch many movies and I can't remember when last I actually saw someone light up! I believe that smoking in movies HAS BEEN BANNED!

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
From my position... as a smoker who wants to quit, I can say that there are many times that I walk into 7 Eleven to get some water and wish that I hadn't seen tobacco products behind the counter. Had I not thought about them, I wouldn't have bought another pack in many instances.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

This is what its like in canada

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join