It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Sarah Palin Arrives at CPAC : Barrack Obama, you lie! Many Standing Ovations!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Sarah Palin? I'm surprised she's still on the speech tours ....
Anyways, she got it right. He does lie. A lot.
That being said, I have a question (to no on in particular) ...
why is Sarah Palin still on the speech circuit?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Sarah Palin? I'm surprised she's still on the speech tours ....
Anyways, she got it right. He does lie. A lot.
That being said, I have a question (to no on in particular) ...
why is Sarah Palin still on the speech circuit?

It probably has something to do with all of those standing ovations.

The American people want to hear what she has to say.

I like how she called out all of those MSM reporters sitting up front.

"Raise your hands so we can see who you are!"

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Palin, IMO, is still sought after as a speaker because she is charismatic and "connects" with people. Somewhere back at the very beginning of this thread (page 2?) I wrote that Palin IS everything that the progressives idealize...a self made, worked her way thru college, working mom--with a supportive husband. If she had a "D" behind her name...there would be schools named for her (just like Obama!) but...she signed up for the WRONG party, ergo, is is...(fill in insult/slur/slander here).

Because she is not a lock step liberal, and speaks HER mind (not a singular party mantra) she must NOT speak at all, and if she does, the Alinsky tactics must be media formatted.

Case in point (and this is waaaay back on this thread)....an incredibly wealthy (forget 1% --she is in the .0005%) liberal female, US Senator, Diane Feinstein, was given a two day media fainting couch, cup of warm Darjeeling and back rub, by a FAWNING media because she was asked a "tough question" on the US Constitution by that uppity Sen. Ted Cruz...who was (media meme!) "MEAN" to the senior senator from California.

Now Fenstein is working hard to affect legislation that will dramatically change the Second Amendment... all private citizen Palin can do is talk to an audience...and which of the two have lightening rodded the most press?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
OK....what I found most interesting, was the lack of energy of the audience. It sounded like there were maybe a couple hundred people there, with little enthusiasm. And I think that is a good thing, overall. CPAC was at one time, a major force in the GOP. That things are even worse than they were before, regarding the country and the direction ALL the politicians keep trying to take us, and that one of the most vocal constituencies on one side is relatively subdued during a speech by someone who is or was so popular, with that group, tells me that maybe people are waking up to the fact that ALL the politicians are full of bull puckey. That ALL of the entertainers that are put up to keep us distracted, and amused and fighting among ourselves, while they collectively rob us blind, are drawing little energy from the common people, is very heartening to me.

Sarah Palin, is doing her part....playing her role....in the big show, just like Obama and Pelosi and Gingrich and Beohner and many many others. But, her character in the play, is no different than anyone else's. She was cast in that role to play to a demographic. And discussions about her as a leader or politician or Administrator, are on a par with discussions over whether J.R. Ewing is a good oilman, or whether Larry Hagman was as smart as his character.

As long as ANONE believes that approximately half of our politicians are really "On my side!", then they are missing the point of the game, and it is working, to our detriment. We all have much more in common, than we differ on. I think the huge majority of people, want the same thing......better lives for everyone. That we allow ourselves to get caught up in the game of pointing fingers and arguing over the means of getting that....of wasting energy fighting with others over which ways are better or which "characters" in the play, are good or evil...the less we have left over to apply to actually demanding that they stop robbing us at "fiscal cliff"-point...or "sequester"-point....or QE3-point....or Unempolyment-point....or Gun-point....get where I'm going here?

Anyway....like I said, I think America is having it's coffee and starting to wake up. We may not be ready to walk out the door to go to work quite yet, again. But, I do think it's morning in America again.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I like Palin's opinions, they're as valid as any private citizen's. I've also listened to Obama and actually liked what he said, but, I'm the type of person who watches the magicians other hand, so Obama comes off a liar every time. I wish the Republicans would get their act together, we just can't afford the Dems running things anymore. We need a return to personal responsibility and working for what you get. We don't need a nanny state, handing out money and healthcare to people not paying into the system and constantly telling us what we can or can not do. I don't begrudge help, it's the generation after generation living on welfare and food stamps, without ever holding a job and contributing.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Obama has had over 4 years of Presidential experience; Palin has less than 2 years Governor experience. She was an incompetent Governor and found the job so daunting that she walked out on her commitment. She reneged on her oath of office. Where are the Oath Keepers when you need them?
reply to post by rnaa

I agree, I don't think she was comfortable being governor. She has shown her incompetency many times over. She's been ridiculed by her own party members and McCain's own presidential campaign staff. I feel part of the reason she quit being a governor is because she knew she could make a lot more money on the road with her newly found celebrity status. She's one of the biggest publicity whores out there!

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Enderdog

You are right on there pal,

I cannot believe that there are 8 pages, most of what amounts to petty bickering over Dems v Reps.
When will people realize that it matters not which party is in the Whitehouse? the agenda is the same and is written behind the curtain and handed out to the puppet in the oval office to peddle to the people

Presidents are selected not elected! The 2 party system is designed to keep the sheeple divided, arguing and believing that they actually have a say and a chance for change in Government, guess what? they dont.
reading through this thread shows me that many people still do not realize this.

Personally I can listen to that Sarah Palin, she may put her foot in it now and again, thats cos she is human. At least she is much easier on the eye than that "battleaxe" Feinstein or that "old boiler" Pelosi who looks like she's constantly doing speed. FFS even Barry couldnt repeat the inauguration oath without screwing it up. He is a proven liar but Its all for entertainment purposes folks and should not be taken too seriously.

and before any self appointed class prefect takes a pop at my spelling or gramma (too much of that on ATS)
wh rlly gvs a [snipped]? th hmn brn cn undrstd mre thn y thnk nd eglsh snt evryns frst lngage.

PEACE,
RK

Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

edit on Mon Mar 18 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Sarah Palin is an entertaining politician. No doubt about that. She would spell disaster if elected to a national office of any kind though.
edit on 3-18-2013 by groingrinder because: Edited for youtube tags.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Thou doth protest much, but in any case I bet most Progressives here know the real reason why she quit was because of the petty frivolous ethics complaints filed against her as a concerted partisan attack on her. I wonder what you would have done in her shoes. Don't bother with an answer.
edit on 18-3-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

Doth protest too much? Please, enlighten me on that. If your comeback is that I am posting too much about her to back the statement that I dont care about her, all that shows is that you have missed the point of what I am saying completely.

You mean those 18 ethics complaints against her? Frivolous? Like Using improper funds to pay off all of her legal fees? Like using her position to steal personal information about a state trooper, who just so happened to be Palins ex-brother-in-law?

Yeah....keep thinking that she is trustworthy

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

Originally posted by korathin
reply to post by TauCetixeta

Of what State is Sarah Palin a currently elected Governor? Ex or Former Governor would be appropriate to add Mrs. Palins name. It just seems creepy how some former elected politicians cling to their previous position as if it was a magical title.

Once you get elected, you keep the title for life.

For Example: President Bill Clinton

She quit. When you quit something, you normally forfeit the title.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
And if Hillary Clinton were to be standing at a Democratic event and were to say "Sarah Palin - You Lie" There would be a standing ovation then too.

How is this so shocking? it's politics and there will always be people booing the other side.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Of what State is Sarah Palin a currently elected Governor? Ex or Former Governor would be appropriate to add Mrs. Palins name. It just seems creepy how some former elected politicians cling to their previous position as if it was a magical title.

Oh, you mean like President Richard Nixon?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Oh, you mean like President Richard Nixon?

He, too, should not be allowed to use that title. Hardly proving any points, there, comparing Palin to Nixon.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

President Nixon resigned.

Gov. Sarah Palin resigned.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

President Nixon resigned.

Gov. Sarah Palin resigned.

And? THIS is who is associated with Palin, and you all still defend her? Nixon was a failure as a president and a national embarrassment. Quality company.

ETA: Nixon resigned because he was going to be impeached. Palin resigned because she was under investigation. Hmmm....
edit on 18-3-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

And................since they were both elected.......they get to keep their titles.

You just can't close eyes, click your heels together and pretend Gov. Sarah Palin did not

win the Governors election in the State of Alaska.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

And................since they were both elected.......they get to keep their titles.

You just can't close eyes, click your heels together and pretend Gov. Sarah Palin did not

win the Governors election in the State of Alaska.

Never tried to. Nor do I have to. SHE QUIT. She is an embarrassment to the people that voted for her. As is Nixon. It is quite shameful that you look up to such untrustworthy people.
edit on 18-3-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Palin.........What a dumb bimbo if I ever saw one. Who really cares what she has to say. She's just a waste of skin. I'm not standing up for Obama, just stating the obvious.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Wow, I was really hoping we were done with her...No new message, hard right on everything...this rhetoric is why the GOP lost me and soon they will be gone for good (hopefully).

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by strangeday

Wow, I was really hoping we were done with her...No new message, hard right on everything...this rhetoric is why the GOP lost me and soon they will be gone for good (hopefully).

The Senator Ted Cruz & Gov. Sarah Palin rhetoric is taking over Washington D.C.

"The election is over. Start leading."

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join