It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Sarah Palin Arrives at CPAC : Barrack Obama, you lie! Many Standing Ovations!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

If you can't debate her actual policy points and can only criticize her on her looks, her speech, then isn't that more telling of yourselves and not of her?
edit on 17-3-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

1)Criticize her looks? Nope, havent done that.

2)Criticize her speech? Nope, Havent done that.

3)Debate her policy points? She didnt make any, so nope, havent done that either.

you seem to be getting a little desperate.

Forgive me, I omitted "intelligence".

Criticize her intelligence? Nope, havent done that.

Care to try a third time?

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Please, highlight for us where the insult is there....

Criticizing and insulting are not the same thing....poor little sarah....

So why, pray tell, are you so anti-Palin?

Already stated it multiple times. Have look back, you'll see it.

The bottom line is that anyone who buys into ANY of these politicians is naive. Period.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

So your disagreements of Palin are the same of Obama or any politician?

That they should not be believed/trusted?

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

So your disagreements of Palin are the same of Obama or any politician?

That they should not be believed/trusted?

Thats part of it. Its also that she quit on an elected position. Its also that she is a partisan shill. Its also that she has no interest in the common people. She, like all the others, has PROVEN herself not fit to be in a leadership position.

ETA: Lets get one thing straight, though: I am not 'anti-palin'. To be 'anti' something one has to consider that thing relevant. And she is not. Where I come into the conversation is to wonder why ANYBODY still lets themself get played like this.

edit on 17-3-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
In biology, there is a respiratory process in the body that describes how respiration rate is O2 dependent.

If you are low in oxygen, you breath faster.

With some, however, there is a shift where people with a variety of COPD issues become CO2 dependent. Where respiration rate is adjusted based on CO2 levels. If you are high in CO2 levels, you breath faster.

Much is the same I'm noticing in the political arena.

Many choose to back a politician because they agree with the politician.

The trick is, to find a politician that agrees WITH you.

In one instance, you end up following a political ideology, and all that it entails.

In the other, you remain a critical thinker, and find aspects of a politician that agree with your ideology.

The bulk of Palin haters can be put in the former category. They follow the meme, They obey the dictates spewed forth from those that they wish to follow.

The latter are the ones that can look at any politician and find aspects that they agree with, or not, and adjust accordingly.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

The latter are the ones that can look at any politician and find aspects that they agree with, or not, and adjust accordingly.

What aspects of Obama's policies do you agree with? His healthcare policy? His policy on gun control? His foreign relations policies? His tax policies?

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

What aspects of Obama's policies do you agree with? His healthcare policy? His policy on gun control? His foreign relations policies? His tax policies?

Actually I posted something favorable of Obama with his approach to N Korea.

In this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I wrote this.

I have some points to make on this topic.

1. Obama administration is actually doing the smart thing here. (OMG, did beezzer say something positive about the president?) Not playing into Kim's rhetoric is the smartest move.

2. Perhaps L'il Kim is forestalling a possible coup. He's young, inexperienced, maybe some of the old guard generals are itching towards his seat and Kim is asserting some power to keep them away.

3. S. Korea just recently elected a woman as their leader. Maybe this is just "male-centric" posturing.

Just my thoughts on it.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Pot, meet Mr. Kettle.

But you keep putting your faith in career politicians. Let me know how that works for you.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I call it as I see it.

Enjoy the laughs, I hope I provided some amusement for you.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I call it as I see it.

Enjoy the laughs, I hope I provided some amusement for you.

You always do, Beez, you always do.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yes, and I see the shock in your post that you had something positive to say, as 99.9% of what you post on Obama is negative, negative, negative.

I'll say something positive about Sarah - I think she looks damn good for someone of her age.
Sorry, that's all I got.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv
reply to post by beezzer

Yes, and I see the shock in your post that you had something positive to say, as 99.9% of what you post on Obama is negative, negative, negative.

That's because I disagree with 99.9% of his policies. Funny. For years I was called racist. Then when many found out I wasn't Caucasian, I became a "house n****r". Hater's gonna hate. What can you do?

I'll say something positive about Sarah - I think she looks damn good for someone of her age.
Sorry, that's all I got.

If that's all you can say based on her policies then my 99.9% has you beat.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
News Flash//// All politicians lie.
We don't always agree Rocky, but we damn sure do here bro!

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
did she bring up the value of her 401k ?

did she call colin powell out for lying in front of congress about wmd's ?

more 2 party nonsense

"hooray for my team"!

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Is this lady ever going to go away????? I said it before, she's like a wack a mole. She keeps on popping up when you think she finally went away. I'm really surprised she's not embarrassed to show her face again, but than again, she can't get enough of that green stuff.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta
It doesn't help their credibility to resort to name calling / insulting her intelligence.

It just shows how weak they truly are.

You know it really doesn't help your credibility either pointing out someone else's insults to make yourself look better.

Like both sides don't insult each other

You're all weak, being played by mainstream politics, black and white issues designed to divide and confuse you.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
so i can understand this

a republican is telling the president to get on with his job

funny

im sure the president is saying the same thing

from hypocrasy to contradiction...

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I only need to watch thirty seconds of this to be reminded that she is a total puppet, perhaps more so than any other person in politics that I can recall. Whoever mentioned "big words", you're right, this didn't come from her mind (not that anything she says is that bright, but it's stil obvious).

Sure would love to know who her true mouthpiece is. Whoever her puppet master is, whoever stokes these BS age-old right vs. left tired distraction fires, that is one powerful and probably very rich person...

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

She did a pretty good job for a first time amateur stand-up comedy gig. Problem is it wasn't an amateur gig.

Her gags are already stale and cringe-worthy, but the Big Gulp thing was cute.

Overall, I'd give it a 3 out of 10. Don't give up your day job Sarah.

What? Oh! It's too late? You already quit your day job and got fired from your part-time job? Time to join the 47% Sarah; I'm sure you have dole queues in Alaska.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
What a strange thread.

Palin shows that she is a speaker who can connect with a sizeable portion of the country. She has clear positions. She has raised a family and had a career at the same time, which is supposedly the goal of modern woman. She has shown that she is willing to take on the powerful.

All of this should have earned praise and admiration. Compare her to, for example, Nancy Pelosi, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, Maxine Waters, or many others. It seems as though she is opposed because she is playing for the wrong team, the Republicans.

Her speech points out that Obama has not been thoroughly vetted, that he is not running a transparent administration, that he is campaigning instead of leading and working, and that some Democrat politicians are working for a very restrictive "nanny state." Those are serious charges which should be discussed even though she presents them in a humorous, cheerleading manner.

I'm disapointed that we can't have a discussion along those lines. Her opponents in this thread seem to be critical of her for very shallow reasons indeed.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join