It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did Adam and eve eat before the fall?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I'm just curious as to what people think they ate. I believe that when we were created there was a certain flower that was meant to be our meat. It seems to me that humans are capable of a non carnal existence. How else would there ever be peace on earth?

I bet that if the sacred flower exist it would give off some type of light that we can not see with our eyes because if we could then our struggle would have been over a long time ago. Think about the burning bush and Moses, it is easier for me to understand that perhaps for a while their eyes could perceive some type of light givin off by a certain plant and that maybe GOD can use this light source to communicate.

Now if any of that is true then how do we change our carnal ways and open the communication up with our creator again? Just a guess here but one would have to stop being carnal first. Take a fast from life so to speak. Then figure out what the sacred flower is and enjoy the sunshine as it enlightens you.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
One thing is for sure, they did not eat apples. Since apples come from europe and it is too hot for them in the middle east. Unless the garden of Eden was in Europe...

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

I am beginning to think the fruit mentioned in Genesis was a metaphor. I am starting to believe it wasn't a fruit, but the partaking of forbidden knowledge. You know how Jesus said "ye shall know them by their fruits" and talked about the "fruit of the Spirit" ? Well, I think that's what the fruit was. It was something that they were not supposed to engage in and Eve did and then shared that with Adam. I could be totally wrong, too.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

I agree with you. In Latin "Malum" both means Evil and Apple.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

What did Adam and eve eat before the fall?

I believe they had roasted pig with an apple in its mouth, with a side of applesauce. For desert they had apple pie, apple strudel, and caramel apples. They washed it all down with hard apple cider. A slice of apple got stuck in Adam's throat, but it turned out he could still breathe so he kept it there and called it his Adam's apple.

Why do you think it's not okay to eat meat?

By the by, I noticed you capitalized 'Adam', but not eve. If you had done this to Lilith (Adam's first wife) she would have poked your eyes out.
edit on 3/16/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

link   
They were permitted to eat from all the plants and trees, except one( scripture does not say apple BTW).

link   

They ate the flesh of the gods,,, that`s what i think,,,
some sort of "plant teacher"... thats why they were ashamed of their nudity,, they tapped to the outer layers of consciousnes,,, and looks like we all got stuck there... only ego, no spirit,,,,,

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bismarck

That's interesting. I did not know that.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

They ate puppies, kittens and baby seals... with GMO veggies on the side

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The Bible is clear on this... they ate of everything, but they were instructed to NOT eat from the tree of life and knowledge. That was the only rule, and of course they broke it. It is for this very reason that the Cubs will NEVER win the World Series again.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

It is indeed interesting, it is easy to see how misconceptions have persisted with such translation problems.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
They ate the idea that in their limited capacity their ego(mind) would understand the knowledge of right and wrong while not being connected to each other and god and being able to see what their actions had for reaction in the other.

From my point of view it is a symbolic story on the dualistic nature that we believe is the truth on this level of awareness. In a nondualistic nature all is one and all information flow everywhere and what you create you will know the reaction of instantly. To hurt another will give yourself pain since you will get the karma mirror of whatever you do as feedback.
edit on 16-3-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by solve

They ate the flesh of the gods,,, that`s what i think,,,
some sort of "plant teacher"... thats why they were ashamed of their nudity,, they tapped to the outer layers of consciousnes,,, and looks like we all got stuck there... only ego, no spirit,,,,,

imo so far you have gotten closet to the truth.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
I'm just curious as to what people think they ate. I believe that when we were created there was a certain flower that was meant to be our meat. It seems to me that humans are capable of a non carnal existence. How else would there ever be peace on earth?

You kinda take a jump there from what they eat to being celibate? Do you mean by non-carnal or giving up sex we there will be peace on earth? What does that have to do with what they ate?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I eat meat. However i am learning that eating meat that is sacrificed to false idols or gods is the fuel for our health problems.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

I am beginning to think the fruit mentioned in Genesis was a metaphor. I am starting to believe it wasn't a fruit, but the partaking of forbidden knowledge. You know how Jesus said "ye shall know them by their fruits" and talked about the "fruit of the Spirit" ? Well, I think that's what the fruit was. It was something that they were not supposed to engage in and Eve did and then shared that with Adam. I could be totally wrong, too.

From my point of view: Fruits are what you produce/labour/behaviour. With illusion that you view is the truth just because it is yours the ego can hold you captive and small minded if you are not of a questioning nature who seek understanding. Egoism creates selfishness and parasitism on other people for the good of the self. The more the ego think you are right and everybody else do not matter the more the self can justify behaviour that is not symbiotic with other souls and become greedy and even predatory in nature. This is the demonic side of every human that the soul or mind have to control to be symbiotic/selfless. The smaller the ego the lesser demonic urges. Yin and yang is the eastern equivalent where Yin is selfish/dark and yang is selfless/light.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

It is the way the tree of life(flesh of animals) makes us feel. In order for us to be here today it was necessary for the two to fall into a carnal state. In order for us to stay here it is necessary for us to get a grip on our carnal nature. The free for all is over.

I wonder how many of us would eat animals if they could talk to us? Would we e surprised to learn that animals made a choice to be here and die when necessary for our growth and when we get it together they will join us in our form.
edit on 16-3-2013 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I agree with you 100%. What happened in the garden was Eve was suduced by Satan and begulled. Remember Adam and Eve's children Cain and Able. Cain being the first born then Able.Its not uncommon to have twins each of a different father. Follow the bloodlines all the way down to when Jesus was crucified. It was of Cains seed who crucified Jesus. Jesus was not a jew as we were led to believe, he was a Gallian.This line of Cain has been ruleing the world ever since that time and its time for us to revolte. We have lost our promised land the USA was the promissed land.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
reply to post by jiggerj

I eat meat. However i am learning that eating meat that is sacrificed to false idols or gods is the fuel for our health problems.

Eh, if it's not cholesterol then it's gluten. You can run an engine on the purest fuels and sooner or later that engine is still going to break down. Personally, I'd rather eat and enjoy cake for twenty years and die of a massive stroke rather then live 90 years eating brussel sprouts every day. eeeEEEYUCK!

But eating a nice dark, crunchy slice of whole wheat bread--how could that be bad for you? Well, bread contains gluten, a protein found in wheat, barley, rye, spelt, kamut, and oats. It is hidden in pizza, pasta, bread, wraps, rolls, and most processed foods. Clearly, gluten is a staple of the American diet. What most people don't know is that gluten can cause serious health complications for many.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I agree the grass doesn't seem greener on the other side but the same could be said from someone that has an opposite view point than ours. As far as dragging medical science into this will never get anyone to the truth i am speaking of.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join