It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did Adam and eve eat before the fall?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by solve
reply to post by jiggerj

well, i dont know, i think the tree of life, could indeed mean living and moving organic life forms....
interesting idea that the they were allowed to eat whatever plants and nuts and stuff, but when they killed and ate animals, that have a strong life force, it was considered as tabu by god.....
interesting perspective.... why not?
cheers, dudes...

Nah. There is no way to relate a tree to an animal. It would be called the animal of life, or plant of life.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Ever heard of a family tree?

Every thing alive could be represented in the way we trace our roots. I am saying that out of all those life cycles only a hand full were in the garden and of those their was one at the center of the garden. Since the fall all things were given to us to consume except human flesh and if these things are sacrificed properly they bless us and if not then the curse lives on through us.
edit on 17-3-2013 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

Whale flukes

Toe head - blonde child

Utoya - U-toe-ya

DJ Tiesto - DJ tea is toe

Whale flukes

They got kicked out because of the angry apple. Same reason Anders killed those people under the guise of a false political movement.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Adam and eve ate a metaphor.

Man did not record/write THAT down unfortunately or time/date stamp it; wrote a lot of other misdirectives though.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

What did Adam and eve eat before the fall?

There never was an Adam and Eve so we really can't answer that.

However, if you want to know what the first male and female of our species ate, then see what the cro-mags had for meals and that will tell you what our first ancestors ate. Probably a ton of meat and fish and birds. Growing crops came later.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I think that this is also a metaphore because it makes logical sense. If it were really a fruit than a lot of other people would want to experiment with it and find out if what the bible says is true. I think them eating the fruit was a metaphor for God giving us an ultimatum between free will and non free will. Hear me out you see in genesis in the bible it talks about God telling Adam and Eve to eat whatever they want in the garden except for this one thing. However, what God meant was that you can either choose to follow the rules and except everything for what it is and live freely or you can choose to live through pain, fear, and guilt. The serpent or devil was also a metaphore for all of the many temptations we go through each day. Its better to avoid them and live freely instead of again living through pain, guilt, and fear. Don't get me wrong it is okay to have free will but not all at once and if you do have it then you need to know your limitations and boundaries at all times. Just speaking from the mind but this is definately what i think.
edit on 21-3-2013 by singerbaby0120 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
The way i see it is that the actions in the garden were symbolic representation of what everyone believes to be a metaphor. Yes they were free to eat anything in the garden except for what they were instructed not to eat. No where in genisis does it state that everything was in the garden.
The metaphor is in my thread running from the cure.
edit on 22-3-2013 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I'm going to go with A. Dominos.

Final answer.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by singerbaby0120
Don't get me wrong it is okay to have free will but not all at once and if you do have it then you need to know your limitations and boundaries at all times. Just speaking from the mind but this is definately what i think.
edit on 21-3-2013 by singerbaby0120 because: (no reason given)

If you have limitations and boundaries, then you're not free, are you? So based on your interpretation of the metaphor of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, what do you say we "chose"?

Moreover, how could we have chosen to have free will if we didn't already have it?
edit on 22-3-2013 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
It was Satan that wanted us to eat from the tree. My question was, "how would that serve his agenda". I have concluded that by subjectively determining qualities and meanings and assigning them to objects in the objective world, you create your own inner, subjective, unique experience of that object. And although something may be good or bad to you that doesn't mean it is to everyone. Your inner interpretation of the quality of events has no bearing on the actuality of what occurs. It is the most prime and subtle delusion to believe that your perception is reality. You are not god. Satan wants you to think you are, just as Satan thinks he is better than God.

There is no good or bad, but there is true and false. Just because you believe and are convinced of the validity of what's false, doesn't make it true. Satan is the deceiver.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
We are controlled by good and bad. We all want to be part of good situations and we all want to avoid bad situations. We have fear and desire and that leads our way.

But we aren't free. We are bound by our anatomy and on a predetermined path towards goodness away from badness. Do you want freedom? Freedom means freedom from these false dualistic beliefs. The middle ground is truth. There is neither good nor bad in objective truth. I can't describe truth to you. I can only describe my perception of it and perception is not truth. But truth is where freedom is.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I think it was forbidden knowledge not actual food.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The things we eat put us in a state of being that is in the realm of the serpent and from that realm we gain knowledge while our food decays and rots our bodies. What was mankinds answer to this condition? Hide the plant that was put in the center of the garden and create serpentine medical system in which we jump from one health kick to another all while decreasing our communication with god. That is why the two snakes are on a doctors chest. Out of love for us doctors are battling the effects of our diet. They are in this realm with fighting a losing battle for us. However some of them are aware of all this and are battling on the wrong side. All this could end if mankind would just eat the plant in the center of the garden. Eating anything else just fuels our drive for more unclean food.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Well since Genesis is nothing more than an allegorical story of humanities transition from a hunting and gathering society to an agricultural one. They simply ate whatever they wanted to or came across. This isn't hard stuff to figure out or understand really. It's the same as your parents telling you how great the good old days were. Once you go from the relatively stress free life of hunting and gathering to agriculture you can't ever go back to it.
agriculture is a great deal of hard work, usually in less than ideal conditions and requires you to be tied down to a piece of land. Btu the reward is you don't have to always be looking for food and can develop larger societies.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

They pissed off one of Adams children.

The ate the angry apple and fell into a deep sleep.

Adam's apple. A dam apple. Apple bees. Silver bee (habropoda miserablis)

Same the the Neanderthals ate that caused the Ice Age. Chilling Effects

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Look on the back of an angry orchard bottle and you will see Enoch was Right avatar.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Well it used to be Enochs Avatar, but I saved a picture of his avatar before he changed it.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Miracula

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

You know the other thing that sticks out to me. Is along with the DJ Tiesto Whale Fluke, and a band called Fluke with a song called Atom Bomb is that one of the things that you can expect with sexual abuse victims is anger and depression. ie. Dead eye. Thousand yard stare from PTSD.

Curious you are here with that Whale Avatar with Jonas called Dead Eye Dick, because there was a band when I was in college called Weezer that did a song called Jonas. The thing that sticks out in my mind is Weezer reminds me of smoking which in addition to the Dead Eye depression and anger, you can expect that many sexual abuse victims will be chronic smokers to alleviate their depression and it will lead to Weezing as it damages their lungs.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
^ troll

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join