It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Welsh Werewolf

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
A violent creature roaming parts of the United Kingdom which has also killed people, and this animal is known as the Welsh Werewolf. Most people have heard of the Beast of Bodmin Moor and the Surrey Puma: strange unidentified animals which have been tearinghundreds of sheep and cattle apart for years, but there is another violent creature roaming parts of the United Kingdom which has also killed people, and this animal is known as the Welsh Werewolf.
Records of an enormous wolf-like animal in north Wales date back to 1790, when a stagecoach travelling between Denbigh and Wrexham was allegedly attacked and overturned by an enormous black beast almost as long as the coach horses. The terrifying animal tore into one of the horses and killed it, while the other horse broke free from its harness and galloped off into the night whining in terror. The attack took placejust after dusk, with a full moon on the horizon. The moon that month seemed bloodred, probably because of dust in the stratosphere from a recent forest fire in the Hatchmere area. The locals in north Wales andCheshire thought the moon's rubrical colour was a sign that something evil was at large and the superstitious phrase, 'bad moon on the rise' was whispered in traveller's inns across the region. Source - homepage.ntlworld.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I saw something when I was younger here is my story.

I was about 19 and me my GF and my 3 best pals went camping in the Black Mountains in Wales, we went to the local pub had a few and drove back to our campsite in the middle of nowhere in a glade surrounded by woods.
My self and my GF had one tent my pals had another and upon settling down for the night I found out I had no smokes so I made up a tale that someone was outside our tents, one of my brave pals got out of his tent and had a look around and while he was up I asked for a pack of smokes, my pals realised my ruse and entered my tent and duffed me up.
About an hour or so later my GF woke me up saying "someone IS outside" so thinking It was my pals getting me back I shouted out "I know it is one of you" but each one answered from their tent "nope not us" so I grabbed my torch and left the tent.
It was pitch black and I heard something make a run for it as I left the tent and scanned the treeline with my torch, as the beam went to the left to right it passed a shadow human shaped but its eyes reflected like a cats but red, I shone my torch at it and saw a humanoid figure run through the woods but on all fours.
I screamed and told my mates and GF but they thought I was again taking the micky.
I still have this image in my mind and it was a werewolf.

Oh and that pub was exactly like the slaughtered lamb from this movie.

edit on 16-3-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Very interesting!
Thanks for this thread!
I was trying to track down the origins of these myths just the other day for research on a writing project.
This will be of much help!

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Not to discount your story or anything, but why would a werewolf fear you?

Very creepy stuff. I bet that made for one heck of a camping trip after that encounter!

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

It found out from our accents we were Mancunians

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

Not to discount your story or anything, but why would a werewolf fear you?

Why would you assume it wouldn't?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Haha! Don't mess with Manchester, eh?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

Its just that according to like every account I've heard they don't fear people.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Reply to post by JayinAR

Werewolves are naturally aggressive and have been known to chase down person. So like @JayinAR said, it kinda hard to imagine the werewolf running away.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Trackhunter

When my torch first hit the creature It was on two legs but then when my torch went back to it it was on all fours running away through the trees.
Maybe it was the high pitched scream I let free which frightened it I dunno but It was right outsside my tent at one point.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trackhunter
Reply to post by JayinAR

Werewolves are naturally aggressive and have been known to chase down person. So like @JayinAR said, it kinda hard to imagine the werewolf running away.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

it quite depends. We may never know. People in Wisconsin say The werewolf's try to avoid them wile the ones in Europe attacks people Wheel the majority of the attacks can be explained, and some don't. I truly believe in Werewolfs due to personal experiences, but this is way to bizarre booth logical and scientific.

To a human turn into a wolf-sapiens hybrid it would require a massive change in the organism in a short amount of time. Unless we are talking black magic or devil like #, it's physically impossible. i would really like to know how these people turn into wolves in the full moon.

We know that in the full moon, people try goes 25% more aggressive. This is called Lunar Influence. Connections?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

So you believe in that but not SLRs. Go figure.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Frocharocha

Actually that is a myth, no evidence at all to back up that the full moon effects us in any way.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

I do not really know what to believe I saw what I saw, my brain right away said to me werewolf but heck it could have been anything.
SLR's? eh explain.
edit on 16-3-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

England's former issue .308 rifle now in surplus but not to you.The Semi Automatic FAL rifle.
My friend has one in Texas.He hunts with it.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Still I fail to see your point? why bring guns here?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
An SLR with a clip of Silver bullets would be quite
devastating to even a pack of Werewolves!

7.62 silver tipped ...lol

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
To appropriately defend yourself there.Meaning, you would have had the better option to survive if the being was going to jump you.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Oh right ok I get it now....

1) why derail the thread to bring up guns.

2) I can own a gun If I choose I have a gunsmith not 10 mins from me.
www.aaronwheelergunsmith.co.uk...

3) Please 3 Manc's V one werewolf....Mancs win you never seen Dog soldiers?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
To be honest, I feel that there is a 99% chance these are stories of misidentification.

But on the VERY SLIM chance there is a real being like this, perhaps it doesn't actually shape shift at all.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join