It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ultimate Blasphemy Is Coming To A Theater Near You!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by HumanitiesLastHope

"Judge not, lest ye be judged"

The only line from the bible that I ever quote, hardcore Christians loooooove it.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumanitiesLastHope
When I saw this trailer it blew me away..I am for freedom of speech and all that jazz but somethings should be common sense tabbos.
Why?

Really, why?

Judging by your thread, I would suggest that you not watch it lest you take offence, but why should it be 'tabbo'?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by HumanitiesLastHope

Well if Rob Corddry is in it . . . I'll probably see it at some point (probably a Netfilx night).

I'm glad it offends some people. The best thing we can do in today's society is offend people. Way too much politcal correctness and pandering to those that take their beliefs and themselves too seriously.

It's funny that the first people to complain about spoofs like this or call it "blasphemy" are the first one's to complain if somebody says they can't express their religious views and cry persecution.

George Carlin had a great line about this . . . "Imagine that, reverend, you can actually change the station! It's called freedom of choice, and it's one of the principles this country was founded upon. Look it up in the library, reverend, if you have any of them left when you've finished burning all the books."

edit on 3/15/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
As long as it doesn't offend Muslims and/or incite them to violence, it's all good.

Offending Muslims, even in parody can land you in prison, or worse.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Hi,

One more fish-worshiping Xian here in support of the film. I think it looks funnier than heck.

"I killed Jimmy Neutron!"

C'mon, that's really funny.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

i signed in just to give you a star.

as i see things now, things will be what they were prophesied to be.
So, when i see things like this, it gets me mad, but at the same time, glad. because that means the Judgement day will be here soon.. and all those that are luke warm or dont care about our Creator... will be judged for their deeds... including, intentional insults like this to God. Is it funny? sure. Is it clever on some things like locking up satan for 1000 years to just release him again? sure its clever... but at the same time, it insults our God.. and all i can say is... be my guest.. the more the unbelievers insult God.. the faster he will end this selfish, uncaring, murderous world.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by loueber
and all i can say is... be my guest.. the more the unbelievers insult God.. the faster he will end this selfish, uncaring, murderous world.
Whoa, Dude..sounds just a little harsh for a 'love they neighbour' kinda faith. Selfish, uncaring and murderous comes to mind for some reason.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I think its hilarious that "christians" think you can't be judged..I hear tons of people throwing that around here..I guess your forgeting how He said you can judge a tree by its fruits...and if you were a true Christian the sheer existence of this movie should make you sick, so you are clearly a noob if you think its ok.

and to ALL who think you cant judge..

Open thy mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy.
Proverbs 31:9 (KJV Cambridge ED)

"You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they?
Matthew 7:16

So judging is clearly fine as long as its done fair. and you can clearly recognize who is a christian who isn't.

Also most are missing the point its not about political correctness or freedom of speech or if your offended turn the channel etc etc,

The POINT IS TPTB are CONDITIONING THE MASSES TO THINK LIGHT OF THE BIBLICAL PROPHESIES AND JUST MAKE JOKE AND MOCK THE WHOLE THING..

I was also pointing out that due to the nature of how the alleged TPTB work that we can clearly see they are up to something and a conspiracy is going on...

Cant yal see, how Christianity can be publicly mocked and is under constant persecution? yet no one one cares but if this was islam or another religion everyone would be up in arms.. Imagine if a movie trailer had another prominent figure from another world major religion get shot out of the sky? All hell would break loose.. smh

And the fact that most ppl don't see that just proves that TPTB's conditioning is working.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

reply to post by WhoKnows100

i signed in just to give you a star.

as i see things now, things will be what they were prophesied to be.
So, when i see things like this, it gets me mad, but at the same time, glad. because that means the Judgement day will be here soon.. and all those that are luke warm or dont care about our Creator... will be judged for their deeds... including, intentional insults like this to God. Is it funny? sure. Is it clever on some things like locking up satan for 1000 years to just release him again? sure its clever... but at the same time, it insults our God.. and all i can say is... be my guest.. the more the unbelievers insult God.. the faster he will end this selfish, uncaring, murderous world.

You actually believe this nonsense? Think God is sitting around getting insulted by a stupid movie?

Really?

Do you realize the rest of the human race is evolving right past you?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by penninja
You actually believe this nonsense? Think God is sitting around getting insulted by a stupid movie?

Really?

Do you realize the rest of the human race is evolving right past you?

How so?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
It looks mediocre.

The idea of Blasphemy is ridiculous though. We should be past such nonsense. Worthwhile ideas generally survive without laws making criticism of them illegal. Only the stupid or plainly ridiculous would need such protection.

In any event the rapture as depicted and spoofed in this movie was first envisaged in the 1800s in the USA and is the preserve mostly of wild eyed american christians. The kind who get their rocks off envisaging hell and pain for 'unbelievers'.

The indignation of your post is more amusing than the movie looks to be. I thank you.
edit on 16-3-2013 by justwokeup because: typo

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
Its harmless.. Don't like it, don't watch it.

so because it is poking fun at Christians it is ok, but if it was against Muslims it would not be ok?
at least that's what it looks like you are saying when it's against Christians you say no problem it's harmless. but when it comes to insulting Muslims/Islam your opinion seems a bit different, or am i reading you wrong?

i refer to posts in this topic Islam and Free Speech: Principle vs. Privilege www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Originally posted by spiritualzombie The thing about insulting Islam is the punishment. You don't hear about people getting acid in their face, stoned, hung or beheaded for insulting Jews, Christians, homosexuals, or anyone. It's bloodlust.
Most of those types of punishments are because of criminal activity. Yes, Muslim countries do have criminals also.. I understand some may occur for insulting Islam but what gives us the right to insult that religion also? Are we looking for a major Holy war or something? We will get it if we are...

As much as I can see what your getting at, I think people don't understand how much their religion means to them.. We will never get it unfortunetly and its better to respect their religion that incite tension. Back in the 50s-60s when ever it was, Black people were called the n-word etc.. We will never know how thats feels or offends because we are white people, yeah they may call us cracker etc but we deal with it.. To them its degrading and why should it be any different when it comes to another cultures religion? I'm all for free speech but there is also a cut off point and we are seeing this being applied to homosexuals, why can't we just leave Islam alone also? Yes there are some bad eggs, the same in the west, but that doesn't mean every Muslim is looking to blow us up or chop our body parts off.. Some people are attacking an entire religion, how can people see nothing wrong with that?

I am not removing your right, I'm simply asking why you find it necessary to insult anothers belief system. I don't practice Islam but I do respect it simply because it means something to someone else.

Well don't come crying when pissed off Muslims are blowing up embassies and beheading your citizens then. You value freedom od speech, they value their 1400 year old religion.

People can say what they want but whats the point of insulting someone whether you believe in their god or not?

Thats where I think this homosexual thing is going wrong. People shouldn't pick and choose which issues they are going to target when it comes to bullying, harrassment, discrimination or anything else. They should all come under the one banner and that includes religion. Zero tolerance for all otherwise there will always be problems.

or is it because most Christians won't go blowing things up or calling for beheading and death to those who insult Christianity, that it is fine to insult their religion?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Will it kill my brain cells? Yes

Will it be the ultimate blasphemy? No.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Until someone can provide any evidence for all the alleged gods, from Thor to Shiva and everything in between, there is a place for humour at it's expense.
So you believe in it, I don't, along with many millions of other people in my country alone. If your faith is strong enough you shouldn't be threatened by it really.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Look. Even if you were religious and take the bible as a literal interpretation.

You would already have the opinion God has a nasty sense of humor. .

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Thanks for the thread. I hadn't heard of this film, watched the preview and lol. It looks pretty good, and it does get information out about Revelation to the drunken teens that will go see it. Instead of being pro-anti-christ it looks to be an anti-anti-christ movie, so christians should be OK with it.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

and all i can say is... be my guest.. the more the unbelievers insult God.. the faster he will end this selfish, uncaring, murderous world.
Whoa, Dude..sounds just a little harsh for a 'love they neighbour' kinda faith. Selfish, uncaring and murderous comes to mind for some reason.

It is this attitude from some people that makes some souls here turn away from god (the thing that exist behind all religious views and would still be there even if religion did not exist). If the bible was as a whole "the truth" then I would be it's biggest opponent because I cannot stand bullies. Fortunately it is not the whole story and from my point of view that bible is partly Blasphemous towards god.

I wonder who god has it easier to connect with? A person who love god for the fruits the person gets but have no religious teaching that makes that person limit how the person expects god to behave, so the person and god can achieve their own connection at the level they are both comfortable with. Or a person who tells god that god has to uphold these rules and cannot do anything outside those rules because then that person will call it the opposite (Satan) and refuse all connection with god.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleByLittle

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

It is this attitude from some people that makes some souls here turn away from god (the thing that exist behind all religious views and would still be there even if religion did not exist).
The central conceit to this thread is that everyone should abide by the poster's interpretation of humankind's innate sense of the spiritual. Some see a guy in the clouds with a big white beard, while others turn inwards.

But don't go beating up on folks because they don't share your faith. History amply demonstrates what a slippery slope that is. And let's face it, we live in a world (and on a site) where we are constantly barraged with threats of a pending Apocalypse. We see American (and Canadian) government Middle Eastern policy being dictated by those who would encourage this conflict so as to bring on...(cue the angelic choir)...The Rapture!. That will show all those nasty Muslims and atheists just who's boss.

It is indeed to laff...

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
2:26

Written by Chris Matheson
Directed by Paul Middleditch

Jewish surnames?

Hmmm.

edit on 16-3-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
LOL i'd like to watch this movie, seems funny and i'm catholic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join