It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NKorea fires missiles into Sea of Japan

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by rebelv

well not to burst your bubble, that is just what they, DPRK and China want and are hoping for, thus giving them the reason to launch all they have at US/SK and Japan, and it would not be like Iraq, where there was one or 2 per launch, no this would be 1500 to 2000 missiles at one time, this doe snot include the DPRK field guns and rockets that is an other 1500 to 250,00 that is DPRK's field Artillery, along the 38th not including the coastline field pieces nor china's Artillery have not done the current numbers on them, DPRK could have in the neighborhood of 1.5 Million, field pieces, including: tanks, artillery SP and towed, Rockets, and field Mortars just a quick look 1992-1999 numbers
www.fas.org...
a look at the KPA
www.globalsecurity.org...
KOKSAN 170MM THREAT
blog.keia.org... this should give any one a idea of what the oping shots would be like,
if we the US/SK took the first shot or if DPRK takes the first shot , either way DPRK can unleash a wall of fire into South Korea. was able to find this z9.invisionfree.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Wow. Those links you showed, are very interesting indeed. If I was in Seoul, I would get my bum out of there real fast. Scary times.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Yea, but we wouldn't have fired the first missile,
as a matter of fact, I think that we've been very patient
beyond reason even, this is not the first missile they
have fired toward us our our allies.

One of their missiles was even reported to have landed in Alaska.

If they fired a missile that landed in Israel, I think Israel would be
lobbing a few back, and they probably would explode.

I don't think China wants to be annihilated by a full scale
nuclear retaliation-- I don't think they are suicidal,
however, this crazy crack pot in North Korea is proving
himself to be very dangerous, and should be taken out.

Just my opinion.

Rebel 5

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by rebelv

well not to burst your bubble, that is just what they, DPRK and China want and are hoping for, thus giving them the reason to launch all they have at US/SK and Japan, and it would not be like Iraq, where there was one or 2 per launch, no this would be 1500 to 2000 missiles at one time, this doe snot include the DPRK field guns and rockets that is an other 1500 to 250,00 that is DPRK's field Artillery, along the 38th not including the coastline field pieces nor china's Artillery have not done the current numbers on them, DPRK could have in the neighborhood of 1.5 Million, field pieces, including: tanks, artillery SP and towed, Rockets, and field Mortars just a quick look 1992-1999 numbers
www.fas.org...
a look at the KPA
www.globalsecurity.org...
KOKSAN 170MM THREAT
blog.keia.org... this should give any one a idea of what the oping shots would be like,
if we the US/SK took the first shot or if DPRK takes the first shot , either way DPRK can unleash a wall of fire into South Korea. was able to find this z9.invisionfree.com...

This isn't realistic

At least in regard to China, 90% of their infra structure is on a wall along their East Coast the only possible result of a massive attack on Japan and SK is that it would take literally a single air burst from the USA to set them back 100 years.

What is correct is the force that NK has on the border, none the less it is not so fearsome. We are just as blunt as NK is if they do that we will use nukes and a handful of nukes behind their forces ends any offense they actually have. If it's an uprovoked attack no one will say a word about us doing it.

China shouldn't be demonized... it's the kind of primitive cold war era xenophobic thinking that could actually scare China into a genuinely defensive position against us... They DO NOT want this.

Even NK probably doesn't want this.... huge bombardment? Likely not... it's not like they are retarded UN is western educated... he knows if he fires what to do...

Draw the USA into another quagmire.... low scale confrontations along the border.... more men needed from US.. spread our troops thin around world, create anger within the US population... he'll use border crossings, limited missile strikes, attacks against ships and islands....

He wont use 1/5 of his power so we can rationalize a nuke strike against him

what he will do is make us look bad.... him and every other 3rd world prick knows our Achilles heel..... a population that doesn't like prolonged war. a people who are mad at it's government, world opinion kind of cruddy.... count on.... limited warfare. Many Us troops on the ground.... possibly a forced draft (to really piss off the people of America) and NOTHING that gives us the excuse to use our real toys... lots of pictures of US war atrocities on the man to man level... enough drawn out time for china to want us to leave... SK to be annoyed at dumb things our troops did....

enough grief for us to agree to end sanctions and normalize relations if we can withdraw and save face

He's not stupid or crazy.... he knows the US can't afford a drawn out conflict....

there wont be a nuke.... just the constant THREAT of one for SK, Japan and USA until we relent... that and islands bombed and the occasional rocket into Seoul and lots of Blood on the border.... soldiers blood

He'll disrupt productivity in SK and Japan... hurt the world economy so it can't recover, never going far enough to warrant us committing genocide....

Another case of the "Usa killing civilians" his people starving.... NK playing victim to the world with every victory we score...

He's not stupid...

He's cut off of EVERYTHING.... therefore nothing to loose... but soldiers... who consume much needed food anyway

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
All this s*** about N Korea made me have a dream about rockets and bullets falling from the sky and striking nearby where I live. I know it's just a dream and it doesn't make sense to me when I'm awake. But when I was sleeping and having the dream it was terrifying. It's hard to express. Basically, explosions are happening around you and you don't know where the next one will happen and all you want to do is get somewhere safe but almost no where is safe. You're frantic. I remember grabbing as much food as I could and we were getting into our cars to go somewhere else; like the mountains. But I think realistically the roads would probably be impassable at some juncture in time. But I don't think going to hte mountains would do any good unless the enemy is directly targetting populated areas. If they're instead lobbing artillery shells in random directions they'll hit even wild areas.

Never knowing if the next bullet or explosion will be the one that kills you or someone else. Maybe in real warfare people use this fear to feed their anger. This allows them to fight. I imagine that seeing people you're close with getting shot or killed would make you very angry.

Remember Shock and Awe in Iraq? It's real. In my dream, I remember watching the trails of hte missiles cross the sky. I wasn't sure where it would hit because of the angle and speed. I pictured in my mind it killing lots of people. It wasn't a video game. Adrenaline like you've never felt fills you. And then you can see distant explosions and you can feel and hear the shockwave.

I woke up from the nightmare shaking a bit inside.

This is what it would be like in South Korea if they entered full scale war with DPRK. People in the cities would be bombarded both in the South and North. It would be a very bad time for them.

I don't want this war to happen. I don't think anybody in S Korea or N Korea really want it. But because of stupidity and ignorance and whatnot we will probably end up with a war anyway.
edit on 17-3-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by penninja

In reply to this, from your post

This isn't realistic

At least in regard to China, 90% of their infra structure is on a wall along their East Coast the only possible result of a massive attack on Japan and SK is that it would take literally a single air burst from the USA to set them back 100 years.
"Why bring china in" should have been a better Question
first being, a show of force too Japan, you do know they have a little dispute going on?
Second: to show US SK they will defend DPRK, Now lets say they DPRK and China ,makes the first shot what then. DPRK sets off theirs a few seconds later China sends theirs air borne, if you take the said number of 1000 DPRK missiles and the thought to be known 250.
[ i do think it is more we have 7,000 the old USSR had 10,000 at the peak of the cold war if not more, Why would we take for granted 250? because they say this is all they have, or is this known for fact this is all they have.] that is 1250 nukes going up at one time how many could be taking down er out by anti missile systems say 10% is left that's 120 missiles get through, is that not WW3? we launch, Russia will launch because we did , Israel will launch , India- Pakistan will because Israel did, EU UK NATO will launch theirs. Nice out come everyone is nuked. If we launch same end result,
But if DPRK does it by it self , then it might stand by it self with no help from China. DPRK would no longer be, but a smoldering hole in the ground.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

I am all too familiar with the History of Japan and Russia and what went down there in Korea. I stand by my sentiments though. You have noted some very key reasons why China would rather take NK over than to allow any encroachments by the West, SK or Japan though.

And Yes, doing what I state I believe China would do does remove any political standing for the US in the Koreans militarily. But that never stopped the US did it? Russia is a whole other topic of discussion. Russia does have a right to be pissed off and frankly gets bad rap.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join