It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Wants Volunteers to Wear White Guilt Bracelets

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
** That's the title of the first article

No Nazi style yellow stars being sewn onto clothing ...
Just white wristbands for white people who are 'guilty' of being white.

Government Wants Volunteers to Wear White Guilt Bracelets

In Wisconsin, volunteers in AmeriCorps are encouraged to cope with their “white privilege” by wearing a white bracelet, while reminding themselves to examine their status in society and talking with ‘friends of color’ to encourage their transformation.

CNS News - Wisconsin VISTA Program Encourages Volunteers to Overcome 'White Privilege'

Other suggestions for white people include:

-- Set aside sections of the day to critically examine how privilege is working.
-- Put a note on your mirror or computer screen as a reminder to think about privilege.
-- Make a daily list of the ways privilege played out, and steps taken or not taken to address privilege.
-- Find a person of color who is willing to hold you accountable for addressing privilege.

Wisconsin Public Instruction - Power and Privelege

Really .... find a person of color who is 'willing to hold you accountable' ... ??
FOR WHAT? For being white?
Go out and find a black person or a Hispanic person or an Asian person
and tell them to yell at me for daring to be born white?

And since this program is a government program, tax money is being spent on this nonsense.

edit on 3/14/2013 by FlyersFan because: fixed link

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
priviledged?

ho ho hee hee LOL ha etc

Oh well, I'm Metis - so not quite so white, so no need to apply for this exclusive program..
just another example of darn white priviledge

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I know, this is crazy.

There is a thread on it here though: thread

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Let me guess....

This bracelet idea promotes multiculturalism???

Dat's cwazy!

edit on 14-3-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

And yet if a group were to wear "white pride bracelets"... well, you know what would happen.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

Crap .. missed that. So much for my search function ...

Okay .. just checked .. it was a RANT and not a news article discussion.

So this is still good.

edit on 3/14/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

This is so stupid, that when the Earth finally ends in a cataclysmic explosion of fire and destruction as our sun explodes in a ball of death-fire vista seen from several galaxies; this will still overshadow it as the biggest waste of space and time imagined.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Heck, I'm with you.. Mine's a rant and not a news item. I've never been one to cry 'but I said it first!', lol... If staff don't care, I sure don't.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Do you think they might have a bracelet that says "Kiss my benevolent white ___" instead? Feel guilty for being white? I don't think it is necessary to verbalize what I think the govt can go do!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The total psycho programming of the race of man is in full bloom.
Its all around you........its the scariest thing going.......i am serious.......
If you guys dont "get it". ill spell it out
SOCIAL ENGINEERING
YOUR MIND IS NOT YOUR OWN ANY LONGER, IT IS AN ASSET OF THE STATE.
YOU ARE ONE TINY CIRCUIT IN A HUGE HUMAN MATRIX WHICH THE PTB.....
ARE ATTEMPING....AND SUCCEEDING AT , CONSTRUCTIING .....THE PSYWAR IS RADICALLY FAR MORE INTENSE AND DEEP THAN YOU ALL SEEM TO NOTICE....
(WELL, NOT ALL )

IT SCARES THE LIVING SHIITE OUT OF ME, AND I AM GLAD ILL BE SHUFFLING OFF THIS MORTAL COIL BEFORE TOO MUCH LONGER.....I DONT WANT TO BE HERE WHEN IT COMES TOGETHER....

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
There's going to be liberals driving cross country to get this bracelet!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
There's going to be liberals driving cross country to get this bracelet!

I'm thinking most of the white people, who for some strange twisted reason feel guilty for being born white, probably already live in California anyways. It's a different world out there.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Yet more division and separation under our current government.

Just wait for it, all you white folks. . .

If you don't get on board with this, you're racist and it'll be a hate crime to NOT wear them!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
What's weird is I can't find the source document (this one: docs.google.com... ) anywhere on the Vista site. Did find the original source article with the doc on it here: www.rightcode.net... But I can't find it or Beyond Diversity Resource Center or the doc being linked on the Vista site. Anybody have any luck with finding it?

That said, I do think the idea is kind of ridiculous. I'm a white person who has lived as a minority in an area whose populous my own government nearly annihilated (nat am). Wearing an armband doesn't teach jack. Experiencing what it is to be a minority and seeing the outcomes--that teaches it. At the end of the day, one cannot help the color of skin that one is born with. In that sense, it doesn't matter what color of skin anybody has because that is not something we get a choice in. I was born white and had no choice in being born white. Although I regret the mistakes in the past and present that my government has made, instead of feeling guilty about being white, I choose to disregard skin color entirely. The closest that I ever came to acknowledging my own ancestral involvement in anything was when I observed to my child's parents that what we had was a child born from a descendent of Jamestown and Native Americans and the hope that my child's existence was one more step towards healing. That's a whole lot more appropriate and poetic than awkwardly apologizing for one's skin color. Yeesh.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I am sorry about the tan, I know that it goes against everything which represents my true nature...

My name is *Snip* and I am a White Caucasian.

White's Anonymous.

This is just ridiculous because in all reality IMHO, those who are supremacists in any form become that which they hate in their next incarnation.

It is the same sickness, the same determined split and separation mentality that perpetuates hostility, violence, judgement, and fear.

I cannot believe I actually took time out of my day to even read/post about this.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

OMG I LOVE your avatar!!! And to note, she is WHITE!!! You really should put a bracelet on her now before its too late!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I would say it amazes me how many can't see what's headed our way... people will be goose stepping to a different tune soon enough. It almost seems as though germany was practice, minor vs major leagues...
edit on 14-3-2013 by W0mbat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteAlice
But I can't find it or Beyond Diversity Resource Center ...

Wisconsin Public Instruction - Power and Privelege
Everything was up a while ago ...
As far as still being up or being scrubbed ... I can't answer that ..

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Oh man! Here I was wearing my white bracelet thinking it meant "White Power"

Stupid #ing bracelets mean or dont mean whatever the hell you want them to mean.

Humans are ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
wonder if people ever consider why they want 18 to 24 yrs old applicants.
it's just what my drill instructor said when i was at Paris Island.

" you would be suprised what a 17 yr old can do with a M16."

young minds, are easy to imprint. by the time your twenty four you have seen enough to develop a sense of whats life is about and who's feeding you bs.

also something, else to consider. that some of the Americorps, and FemaCorps people are assigned to work in 8 to 12 person teams. that is about the same as a squad in the corps

i can't find it now, and it was just last night i was looking at it, i guess that's what i get for keeping a tidy computer.

it was about the first group, graduating from the first femacorps training.
the picture showed a group assaulting a bus like a squad or swat team would do.

it's all about Obama's Brown Shrits.

edit on 14-3-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join