It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asking for the presence of god during a lucid dream?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Interesting things will happen and most definitely does not feel like you are meeting yourself. Be prepared to meet minions of the dark side and be whisked upward by the power of the Holy Spirit or to be sent on a test to see how you respond. You may be sent to other worlds/diminsions or see portals. This is what has happened to me. In all cases the experience seems to last a life time and I remember mine with a high level of clarity even 20+ years later. Happy Journeys. The power of the name Jesus Christ may serve you well on your journeys... be safe.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Sorry everyone, apparently the entry of that dream I had is in the dream journal I have back at my home, not in the one that I keep at my college apartment

I definitely remember the many doors in the circular room and the angel was highly irritated with me.

I don't lucid dream often, I have had three that I can remember. This dream was the last one that happened, maybe two months ago I had it. I remember that I fell into the room, and that falling sensation is what triggered this lucid dream. Although I still haven't mastered lucid dreaming, I had previously prepared myself so I'd know what I would do when it happened. I had been planning for some time to ask to see my guardian angel.

I forget the exact questions I asked but they were along the lines of "Why am I here?" And "What is my purpose?"

Also, even though I remember requesting my guardian angel, I am not sure if it really was my guardian angel because if I remember correctly he told me his name was Peter, and isn't Peter the angel in front of the pearly white gates?

Sorry for not having the journal entry here at college with me, I really wish I could get everyone's interpretation of this dream.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenVoyager

After a ritual with an Indian sweet lodge I did I started having portal dreams for a short time. Was really wierd. It was a large virvraing colorful portal. Kind if asking me to enter but I did t for some reason.

I wonder what the significance is?

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

If you do have a lucid dream and summon god, you will, of course, find YOU.

Epic post is epic.

No one determines your life but you. Your greatest benefactor and your most critical judge, your most ruthless executioner and your most influential teacher, will always be...yourself. Nothing is more completely destructive than self-condemnation, and nothing is more game-changing than self-empowerment.

Free will is the power to make your own miracles. The power to make a decision and make it count.

Op, if you do have a lucid dream with a god presiding, and you look up and see yourself, I encourage you to consider it the greatest lucid achievement of your life - aside from recognizing that aspect in the people and world around you, of course.
edit on 11-3-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Like few have pointed out... Lucid dreaming is fabricated from your mind, which includes your memories, imaginations and experiences(including visuals, feelings, and all the other senses).. thus your mind cannot make things that you don't know or have not experienced.

For example, if you never seen a white Jesus, would Jesus be white in your dreams?

So in conclusion, nope, nothing new will come out in your lucid dreaming, everything would be something you already know.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
For as long as i can remember i have had insanely vivid, memorable, and just plain awesome dreams. When i was in elementary school i would tell my friends about them everyday at lunch because they were so cool but everyone thought i was making them up. Now, i'm 19 and i still have these amazing dreams. The only difference is that ever since i was around 14 I have started having lucid dreams on a pretty regular occassion.

I have spent the past 2 years trying to master lucid dreams but it's so dang hard. As soon as i enter the lucid dream state i know i'm probably going to wake up soon so i begin doing fun things like flying or running really fast. I haven't even thought about trying to contact a higher being during them but now that you've said it i'm definitley going to try in my next one.

I'll let you know how it goes if i ever get the chance to do it.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Benoit84

I am from PR, we tend to have believes in the supernatural, Santeria and spiritism, plus the voodoo variety.

I had soo many experiences in my 52 years from childhood to now adulthood is not funny.

From waking up knowing that my mother had a problem with one of her breast and calling her in PR to tell her that she needed to see a doctor asap.

To finding out when my sister was pregnant with her first child that I saw inside her uterus that her baby (a boy) had the umbilical cord around his neck and that her delivery was going to be a hard one.

Lo and behold after calling her about that she found out that indeed her baby had the cord around the neck and she had to have him (she found out that I was right about the sex) with c- delivery almost bleed to death.

Is soo many things I can write a book about them. I also have many different experiences with out of body travel and those mysterious beings in black outfits with big hats (shadow people). They come and go and usually scare me to death at night waking me up.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Oh cool, my hubby lived in PR for a few years before he moved to the US! My MIL still lives there.

I always love reading stories on anything to do with the paranormal, spiritualism and whatever...have since I was a kid. And loved listening to my husband tell me about stories from growing up. He told me one of his uncles knew a guy who practiced voo doo or santaria, not sure if they had a different name for it there. But anyways...yea, I definitely think you should write a book! Very, very interesting stuff

If I have another lucid dream, Ill try to remember to ask for God. Lol I was reading a forum about lucid dreaming and there are so many cool suggestions on what to try while LDing. Silly me never thought to ask to see God... Haha

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Benoit84

In PR is either Santeria or spiritism, Voodoo is more of Haiti and Jamaica.

But most of the things I experience is not something I control, it just happen. Funny how I feel like I am awake and sleep at the same time.

I dream every night but when I have those big event experiences I can tell that is more than just sleeping, specially when I wake up fully to see things around my bedroom.

Is something out there something unexplainable that is not part of your everyday daytime waking hours, when you can control your mind and body, but for some reason we seems to experience them when our bodies are in a relax state like sleeping, is like the spiritual part of us seem to run free.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Yeah, I mostly dream lucid normally. And I have prayed in my dreams. And what happens is mostly what happens when you pray in real life... nothing!

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Stop believing in myths and fairy tales.

Substitute "Thor" any time you hear "Jesus" and then see what you think and how silly it is.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Yeah but we dont know at what point is our reality not a fabrication of the mind. It literally is experienced in the mind either way.

So maybe the implications of lucid dreaming are more then we are willing to admit?

If as a few posters have suggest that we are god then while were "lucid dreaming", what is it then really?
edit on 11-3-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I am equally puzzled by my lucid dreams and relationship to God.

I would propose to all of you. If and when you attain dream lucidity and have already leanred to fly in your dreams, where you can fly or at least hover, even a jump would work... fly up to GOD!!! I have done this 4 times and each time had a similar experience. I would love to hear your experiences if you have attempted this.

When I first tried to do this, I did it out of sincere and wholesome love for God. Definitely eye opening... now those are some mysteries (what transpired during the jouney up) that I wish I had answers to.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

lol chill out, you weren't been pulled you were moving yourself. Sleep paralysis is key to astral travel for the simple fact that its the best moment to completely cut connection with the physical body so you can "access the controls" sort of speak to your "spirit" body, its like, its hard to sense control and use the spirit body( or you could say be aware of yourself, consciousness itself) since we're used to living our life from birth till death with all this physical sensory input.

So basically, what you had was a moment were you became conscious of sleep paralysis(which btw happens every night when you go to sleep, so your body paralyses to stop yourself from acting out your dreams in real life, otherwise you'll fall off the bed or punch someone in the face
....so now that your link to the physical body was temporarily "cut", your "will", your "intention" do to whatever you were focusing on,moved yourself upwards, were you were looking at, in this case the ceiling, had you realized this sooner you could have moved around how ever you wished, side note: funny thing it just happened to me today again as well( although i wasn't in full control...like always, cause i have the experiences when i just woke up and still feel kinda tired and sleepy so i kinda doze off in the middle of the experience),

So don't be afraid of it, test it out, you have to exert control though, the reason why it stopped when you screamed is caused you got hyped up, not because jesus or whoever came to the rescue, there was nothing to rescue you from to begin with so don't worry about it.

edit on 11-3-2013 by StrawHatBrian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

...all i can say is..man up..or woman up....imagine a pair of scissors and cut the sheet
....on a serious note, instead of relying on others all the time, don't you think it would be the best gift you could give yourself if you decide to be courageous and not let fear overtake you, sure it's easier said than done...but not impossible.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
Like few have pointed out... Lucid dreaming is fabricated from your mind, which includes your memories, imaginations and experiences(including visuals, feelings, and all the other senses).. thus your mind cannot make things that you don't know or have not experienced.

For example, if you never seen a white Jesus, would Jesus be white in your dreams?

So in conclusion, nope, nothing new will come out in your lucid dreaming, everything would be something you already know.

Very well said. But there is no substitute for learning by personal experience.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Even if you were to manifest god in your dream, it will probably be a fabrication of your expectations from your imagination.

I've done lucid dreaming a few times.

There are different layers to a lucid dream. You can be conscious without having 100% complete control.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Well I can say I've called on the help of the Lord Jesus Christ inside a dream lucidly to overcome what seemed to be a demonic entity in my dream. It has happened multiple times in different dreams. The demons start off looking like people but transform for whatever reason to looking and sounding demonic.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I have lucid dreams and AP often. I suggest, rather than calling upon God, which is a term that means different things to different people, make the request/intention to experience the Soul/higher self. Since we all share the soul of "God".. I prefer to call it intelligent infinite or source.. making this request will help you along your way to experiencing "God"

If you have trouble with lucid dreams, give yourself something to dream about before going to sleep anyways! Just because you can't control it doesn't mean it can't/won't happen. While you're falling asleep make the intention to experience Soul/higher self. Also, you can set it up the same as a lucid dream trigger... If you say it enough while you're awake, you're bound to say it while you're asleep

Happy dreams everyone

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TC Mike

Yeah this gets me caught up. Its weird because i have an ongoing battle with the idea of Jesus. I'm not 100% on what i believe about it but im open to it. So when u have dreams where i cry out for Jesus when im fighting a perceived demon, i am perplexed.

Something that happened once is i was constantly fighting this one female witch like entity in my dreams. This dream kept happening for a long a time. I always fought her untill i woke up screaming or in a panic. I decided to to let her beat me and submit to her one time and this is where it gets weird....

We had a communion of sorts. I accept her and she became apart of me. We spiraled into each other and promised not to bother each other anymore and we spiraled up into a black void sort of, what would look like space. I made a thread about it, it happened a few years ago.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join