Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Asking for the presence of god during a lucid dream?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
So i am working on getting to the point of lucid dreaming. Its not easy to say the least. I am curious from other lucid dreamers here on ATS if they have ever request the presence of god during their lucid dreams? If so what was that like. I have other questions to. Have you ever tried to ask for a review of your life? Have you ever tried to remote view through lucid dreaming? Have you ever meditate during a lucid dream or direct link to your chakras if you believe in that?

I really want to learn more about this and i would like to engage in conversations with active dreamers.

Short and sweet thanks.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Sorry, I haven't done this yet. In fact, I haven't had a lucid dream in about 2 years... I'm replying though because recently I've been trying to take control of my dreams again to do the same thing you're trying to do, Call on God's presence. There are a few personal things and goals I'm trying to achieve in the Ether Realm as well.. I'm reading Stephen LeBerge's "Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming" and it's working wonders. I'm already recalling two dream a night just after a week and a half.

I get the feeling I'll be lucid sooner than I expect to be. Just wanted to type that though, it's always cool to socialize on the topic with others. Good lucking dreaming buddy.

edit on 11-3-2013 by Mizzijr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I dont know if the experiences i had were lucid dreams,i doubt it from what ive read about lucid dreaming-where you,the dreamer are steering the direction of the dream? Sounds like fun,those-the ultimate virtual reality game,eh

But there has been instances in my dreams where i asked(or rather yelled at the top of my lungs,in absolute terror) for the entity Jesus to help me-and he has always done,every time-and instantaneously.

There was an experience i had where i woke up paralysed,unable to see a thing.Next moment i could see again-and i was being dragged through the air,i could see i was being dragged to under an old dressingtable in my room-and i yelled for him in my mind-and next moment im released from that horrifying "pull",dumped back on my bed, all my paralysis is gone,and the world is back to normal,with me shaking from the shock of that experience.
I am not a Christian,i am a believer in Jesus though.I may add that at the time that happened,i was not living a saintly lifestyle either-but he did help me-at once.Please dont read anything slanted towards,or biased against any member's personal belief system in this reply though-im just stating my experience for the record.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Even if you were to manifest god in your dream, it will probably be a fabrication of your expectations from your imagination.

I've done lucid dreaming a few times.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   

What is really your definition of lucid dreaming? I will give you this example is it a lucid dreaming or what is it from your point of view?

There was a time in my life where everything felt wrong and I went into a period where I could not sleep at all and was awake for days but resting. After 4 days I came to a state of being where the brain went to overload and everything I experianced and have experianced fitted. At a certain moment there was a moment of clarity and then something was heard in my head that was not heard thru my ears. After that what we describe as chakras started to work in my body or at least I could notice them. But to make it clear I have zero conscious control over chakras. They are just there and sometimes I am unsure if I have activated all of them. But what is annoying is the twitching on top of the nose sometimes. Sensory overload from the nerves that make it feel like there is something there that is makes you itch it.

Is that a lucid dream by your definition or something else? I cannot do anything special in my dreams at all from my point of view.

Can you control you chakras? I can't. I can make myself ignore the sensations if I am very concentrated but can't really turn them off? What I would not give for a owners manual for this body
. It is really hard concentrating on reading technical books nowdays while having the body playing around with chakras and feeling a bit of a sensory overload

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

I've had two similar experiences where I cried for Jesus in a dream while being suffocated with a white sheet. I really would like to understand that more.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

A lucid dream begins with you being aware while in a dream that you are dreaming. Usually, when people have dreams, they believe that the dream is reality. They are unaware that it is a dream.

Once you become aware, during your dream, that you are in a dream, and not a waking state, then you are able to have control over what it is you desire to dream about. The amount of control you can have varies but is directly related to how aware you are of the fact that what you see is just a dream.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Have you considered asking to see yourself in a lucid dream? Might be surprised at what you find you never know until you try it.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

If you do have a lucid dream and summon god, you will, of course, find YOU.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Hello,

While I have not directly requested the presence of God, I have requested the presence of my guardian angel in a lucid dream. I have the dream written in my dream journal and can post it in it's entirety when I get back home in a little over an hour from now.

What I remember offhand is that I was in a large circular room with many many doors. The angel came through one door and seemed rather irritated at me for calling on him, and he asked me to hurry up because he had things to be doing. I got a few questions in before he left through a door and I woke up.

I will post the entire dream when I get back home if you are interested.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I have never deliberately dreamed lucidly. It has happened on occasion that I have accidentally become lucid while dreaming, invariably during a nightmare. In those cases I have called upon God to defeat the antagonist in the nightmare and the nightmare has turned into a staggering victory and then ended immediately. I have experienced this several times so I know it wasn't just a fluke.

As far as calling on God during other dreams, alas, I am never lucid to try it.
edit on 11-3-2013 by OuttaHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I did, no because I plan to do it, I just had one of those funny dreams in which I find myself outside my body knowing what is going around me, I remember going on what looked like stages until I found myself in this place with faceless entities around and I ask to see god, then this thing without substance came to me and I found myself dropping to what I thought was a floor and a voice said "here I am" and" I just said thank you" and was back in my body and my bed.

Sorry to say I am still skeptical of what the dream or out of body experience was all about and who the entity truly was, it had not body, no face, just a voice.

I do have plenty of this types of experiences during my life.
edit on 11-3-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

IMO when you're dreaming, the mind is just running wild in the astral plane, same way it does when your awake. Only difference is I believe when dreaming, your projecting what's in the mind onto the astral plane that's why things can get pretty crazy and jumbled up in dreams. The problem I face with lucid dreaming is staying lucid and not slipping back into the dream but because of all that's going on, its hard to stay focused. You will have to practice focusing your mind (mediation) I you really wanna take full control of your dreams and life in general.

P.S don't waste time lookin for God in dreams...find yourself first

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyn50

I would definitely like to read it!

I had a dream where I asked to meet my guide, and had a similar experience but a little odd. My "guide" showed up with the head of an older man with short white hair, but his body was like that of the little martian guy from The Jetsons I believe. Haha He was holding a little clipboard and didnt even look at me. Apparently he was peeved that I was wasting his time...
edit on 11-3-2013 by Benoit84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyn50

Definitely interested. Thanks ahead of time can't wait!

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Baddguy

Isn't it technically a really deep state of trance?

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Benoit84

I am from the caribbean we believe in many things including the astral and spiritual planes. We have more than one guide, they go in what I see as ranks of importance.

My main guide have showed himself to me many times when I am under stress, to just offer me support and guidance, while he (male appearance) doesn't speak much it does give a sense of peace, he also on my first major surgery told me that everything was going to be ok and no to worry about anything, this is because my first doctor told me that what I had was growing so fast it could be cancer, well it was not, thankfully, I had the surgery with another doctor.

He shows himself as a men in his forties, very well dress in a suit and it wasn't until a few years ago that finally it gave me his name, he call himself John.

Then I have an older witch looking women that always comes to give me advise when I have some physically stress, I had 3 surgeries in the last 10 years and she has been there to guide me.

Interestingly that she was the one that in what I think was a dream told me to tell my doctor that it was nothing wrong with my back, well I was been treated with shots in my spine for muscular and back pain that the doctor missdiagnosted.

After that dream I change doctors and the new one in one visit told me exactly what my problem was and within a month I had surgery to correct what it was a torn pectoral muscle and rotator damage.

Interesting
I can go on and on with stories in a span of years in which I have experience with this friendly beings and those that are dark ones that while no dangerous to me are very scary looking.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Dreaming?? I would say no, its possible but I think there is more at work during sleep with the subtle body and mind but I have no credentials in the subject matter other than what I have experienced which on ATS doesn't count as evidence

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Wow, those are cool stories! I've read that we can have many guides but I think when I had that dream I asked something along the line of "Can I meet a guide, or one of my guides?" I dont remember which, but I was not expecting what showed up. Lol I was like what the heck is this? Are you really my guide? And he said Yep...

I have read somewhere that they can also be guides for other people too, that may explain why he was not amused that I called on him for no reason other than to satisfy my own curiosity. Who knows...but it does make me a little less likely to try that again!

Where about are you from? My husband is from the Dominican Republic and he is able to see spirits sometimes, his father was as well.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I tried this once or something very similar to it anyways. It was last year sometime. Someone created a thread about it and I remember trying for 3 or 4 days before it seemed to have worked. I can't recall exactly what happened during this dream but when I woke up and just recalled this enormous amount of enlightenment. I have not tried to do it since but it was very much worth it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join