It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation and the "Little Deaths"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The Sphinx's Riddle!!! Although I've always known that the "day" was a lifetime, I never thought of it as that clever, but now, relating it to the fractal nature of our known universe, it seems to have immensly more meaning to me. Ascending is just when we graduate to the level of the fractal.

Now since I'm typing this as I'm thinking it up, I might stray a bit from the subject. Apologies, ahead of time.

Hypothetically, say I'm on to something here. Which way, in the fractal pattern, do we graduate? Are we getting bigger, or smaller? I say, in this hypothetical system, good people ascend to the next bigger fractal, okay people stay on this level, and bad people go smaller size. (I chose this because the larger an animal is, the less worries they have, they move slower, which sounds more relaxing to me. If you get sub-atomically small, you race around everywhere, all excited like a crack head. (Sorry to any crack heads who might be reading. I'm just trying to make a point. To each, their own. Lol)).

People, feel free to expand on this. I probably will... In a bit..
Use the "reply to" option. ^
edit on 3/11/2013 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/11/2013 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by japhrimu

Or maybe it's the opposite way... I can think of some good, logical on certain trains of thought, examples of why this would work, or why it 'should be' that way, too. Example. Good people go smaller, so they have more influence on the larger people, like the FORCE, or something. I don't know what, or how, midi-chlorians are, or even how it's spelled.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by japhrimu

And I just reread that, and I realized that I switched ideas mid post. Kinda. A day compared to a lifetime is not relevant to sub-atomic life, compared to our physical world, compared to our universe as a whole. That's mixing space and time, and not like nature does, I don't think.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I had some experience, 7 or more years ago...
I saw something that doesn't exist...

And, this...

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Great thread OP and some awesome and fascinating replies and ideas. I like Tom Campbells take on it in this video and his My Big Toe book is definitely a interesting read (you can read it all for free on Google books)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by christopherM

But why? What are the reasons to believe or disbelieve?

A valid question.

Here's your answer...and your evidence.

nell-rose.hubpages.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
REINCARNATION IS THE TRUE FAITH!

IGNORANT FUNDAMENTALISTS ARE TRULY UNEDUCATED!

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
We all will surely die one day. Our flesh will decay into nothingness given enough time. There is no disputing this...correct?

Now, if reincarnation, which is basically a short way of saying taking on or embodying as flesh again, were true, why would we "remember" this very moment?

Eventually, this obscure moment will just be a tiny portion of a past life that your future "present moment self" would have no recollection of...right? In fact, the reincarnation theory would seem to hold that our future self would actually experience or have what I guess you would call an "active memory" of his life, just like we all do right now.

So why do we actually experience our lives now...this particular life within the seemingly endless cycle?

By my understanding, it would seem logical that this particular period in time must be somehow different. Or that reincarnation is bunk. Or that our understanding of "time" is bunk. Who knows...many other things could be going on. Either way, I am not convinced I will experience another life on Earth embodied as a human after this one.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Maybe we are the universe playing out its course in different characters, we will experience the infinity of characters that the infinite universe has to offer. I am you and you are me playing out the universes infinity. That last bit rhymes nicely.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

This doesn't make any sense at all, as Hinduism - for example - is thousands of years older (and more developed, in the sense that it has attracted practitioners and adherents) than Christianity.

I do have to give the Christians their props however. They really did sell the idea that even though they are brand new, their competition in the religious belief arena was created by their stories antagonist.

To the OP: I like the idea that each day is a new life, following a mini-death. It really puts our time here in perspective. Thank you for the interesting thread!

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Let's suppose that you were able every night to dream any dream that you wanted to dream, and that you could, for example, have the power within one night to dream 75 years of dreams, or any length of time you wanted to have. And you would, naturally as you began on this adventure of dreams, you would fufill all your wishes. You would have every kind of pleasure you could concieve. And after several nights, of 75 years of total pleasure each, you would say "Well, that was pretty great. But now let's have a surprise. Let's have a dream which isn't under control. Where something is gonna happen to me that I don't know what it's gonna be." And you would dig that and come out of that and say "Wow, that was a close shave, wasn't it?". And then you would get more and more adventurous, and you would make further and further out gambles as to what you would dream. And finally, you would dream where you are now. You would dream the dream of living the life that you are actually living today. Read more: www.musicbanter.com...

This is quote from Alan Watts that sums up the OP For me.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
If there were a way to identify the energy in the brain on a level of fingerprints, then maybe it could be tracked the same way we tag animals and track them? Surely, that energy would be as different for everyone than a fingerprint is? How can that energy survive? Does that energy all pool together somewhere? Where does it go until it is put into another body? Who decides where that energy goes? I think about this stuff a lot. It really is the question of life(IMO). S & F

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

I think your psyche and my psyche should get together and go bowling.

I loved the read. S&F for you.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Very nice thread. Brings to mind the videogame series "Assassins Creed" In which (through your dna and some very expensive machinery) you are allowed to relive the experiences of your ancestors. And through the course of those games, the main character that you play as in the present actually has the memories and expertise of all his ancestors imprinted on him to the point where he's amazing in the real world, as well as when he's reliving their memories.

Those who are videogame heads like me should definitely check it out. It's full of very esoteric subject matter such as this. They touch on cycles of time, government corruption and all that juicy stuff. And it's just generally fun as hell. I wouldn't be surprised if whoever produces those games is a serious alternative thinker, for real.

edit on 11-3-2013 by kaiode1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I am in a terrible place right now and want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for pasting Alan Watts someone I was aware of in a nasty military school when I was 10! Magical magical words and the images I miss so much living outside of America for almost 3 decades......

Great thread OP and some awesome and fascinating replies and ideas. I like Tom Campbells take on it in this video and his My Big Toe book is definitely a interesting read (you can read it all for free on Google books)

Thank you KBadger for your Tom Campbell. Same goes for you my soul has a small uplift. I am at the time of life and the huge life changes in both physical Chronic Pain Syndrome and Wife who survived cancer no longer wants to be responsible for her husband - never the less I supported her with her father and grandparents.... Terrible place but those links and OP whom I gave a Flag and many stars for helps me in positive thinking for the first time in over 30 days. Thanks and sorry for being off topic just had to say this and I needed to say it!

edited to say I am ready for the reset only afraid of dying... LoL came close so many times in the past n now scared it will hurt... wot a pus I R - Chronic pain over time will do that.. Guess I am now waiting on God! Tired with not much left to give.....
edit on 3/11/2013 by IceHappy because: edited to say I am ready for the reset only afraid of dying... LoL came close so many times in the past n now scared it will hurt... wot a pus I R Chronic pain over time will do that...

edit on 3/11/2013 by IceHappy because: grammer feeling so sorry and cannot write lol I could not before who am I kidding

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrConspiracy
I'm not a sheep. I'm not closed minded to the conspiracies and hypocrisy of many religious groups. But like i said earlier, don't treat us like idiots. Like fools. Like sheep. Many of us are well aware of what's going on. But instead choose to practice the good parts of religion. The good morals it teaches and the kindness it is more than capable of giving.

Bravo! I completely agree with you here. Religion, like any man-made institution, is going to have its flaws, its drawbacks, its bad apples.

Religion/the church provides a sense of community, of belonging, and attempts to form an organized way to develop spirit. It strengthens the bonds between neighbors--it nurtures the individual soul. How could anybody criticize this?

But, alas, there will always be something to criticize because mankind isn't perfect..and those imperfect people are often in a position to take responsibility and lead others. Is any one man or woman right for the job? Nope, and probably never will be. It takes a collective.

And then we can discuss self-religion. Make your home your church, make your knowledge your scriptures, and make your acts your sacrifice.

Attack religion? No. Attack completely irresponsible people who misconstrue religion for a personal agenda? Sure.
edit on 11-3-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Thanks so much for sharing those fascinating dreams! I can't think of too many of mine right on the spot, but my mom always talked about this dreams of hers:

(By the way, we are both white as can be.) She often dreams about being in a burning house that could be a couple hundred years old. She notices that her skin is black and she's wearing a maid's-type outfit of rags. She is running through the burning house and she says she knows it's not her house..that she doesn't live in there, but she works in there. She runs from room-to-room looking for the white children that live in there and gets them all out. She says her dream ends when she runs out of the house with a baby in her arms.

This is a recurring dream for her and she can't figure out why. She started having it around the time I was diagnosed with cancer (I'm fine now.) She is 100% convinced that she is remembering a past life when she almost lost some "children" of hers.

Before she started having this dream, she wrote an amazing poem/short story in high school from a black woman's perspective who is a maid for a white family. Her character talks about how much she loves and cares for the children but they don't love her back the same way.

I'm sure there are plenty of astonishing examples if we stop for a minute to think about it.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by japhrimu
(Sorry to any crack heads who might be reading. I'm just trying to make a point. To each, their own. Lol)).

First of all, thanks for your interesting take on fractals and how it might relate to us humans.

Second, we don't need to apologize to them. They need to be apologizing to the rest of us

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnik

I can't see or make out anything relevant in this video. Can someone please explain? A synopsis and brief commentary on how it relates to the thread would have been splendid!

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IceHappy

There are 4 words that have carried me through much of my life: "Don't worry, be happy." These were the last words spoken by an Indian saint who took a lifetime vow of silence.

It really does make a lot of sense. Really, what is there to worry about? Don't be so attached to things that you are inflexible to different outcomes. Every river leads to the sea as long as you're not fighting to swim back upstream. Just kick back and go with the flow, making course corrections when and where you can (what the Taoists call Wu Wei.)

Hang in there, my friend. Life is not always a pleasure cruise, but you still retain the option to make the best of a bad thing. Our attitudes towards life is one of the few things we can control!--so I say, control it like a pro!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join