Reincarnation and the "Little Deaths"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
It seems every time i make the mistake of not believing in some phenomena, it reveals itself to me, which makes me feel like a complete arse

But i have witnessed forms of re-incarnation within my own self
Ive witnessed animals having souls , that were physically seen by myself and others
Ive witnessed poltergeists on several occasions with others, and caught ghosts hanging around being nosy
And have had many UFO sitings and "possible" alien encounters?

So I'm not going to rule out anything, especially in this universe and this dimension.

doesn't mean I'm gullible or naive, just means I'm not going to discount it as impossible or not real

I believe windows of opportunity close for some souls, and that some of those souls can join healthy souls and have a way out, and some are lost and are trapped between worlds, so re-incarnation is another soul attaching itself to yours/ hitching a ride to the other side

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

I have read a lot of posts on ATS over the past eight years. This is the most enjoyable insightful post out of thousands that I have read.

It resonates deeply with my own experience. It has that feeling of truth.

You may have surpassed your sleeping state little Buddha and seem quite "awake".

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
NB great thread and appreciate your arguments either side of the question. Most have been part of my justification for my own belief.

I have to go back to the subject of children. As a mother, I saw my children come into this world, some with understandings well beyond their toddler years. In particular, a son who had a sense of integrity that could not have been taught. (Also a bit vengeful when he wanted to get back at someone). How does someone intuitively have such integrity and compassion without experience?

There is a Bible verse that I came to understand differently than is commonly taught. "He who knows to do right and does it not, to him it is sin"

I came to understand within myself that this is not just the telling of something that is 'right or wrong' but something that is taken into the person's being and is right or wrong for the person. They have embraced it so deeply that it is apart of who they are. Going again what is right in your being would be akin to sin against ones self

I do thing these lessons are so deeply engrained that they stay with us through lifetimes and we continue to build on them one way or another.

Just my nickle.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

This poem by Emily Dickinson says much about reincarnation, also its one of my favorite poems.

Water, is taught by thirst.
Land -- by the Oceans passed.
Transport -- by throe --
Peace -- by its battles told --
Love, by Memorial Mold --
Birds, by the Snow.

Oh and you can remember your past life's if your really wanted to, in fact I am pretty sure every last one of us has had that option given countless times before. And yet there are reasons why nobody remember, cant have the positive without the negative, however not many could survive that ordeal in this waking world if they did. Little death, by little death, you come to know it better and eventually live with it, and eventually leave it all behind. In its time everything matters, out of its time nothing matters.

Ever had those times when you get those feeling in the pit of your stomach or started crying for no discernible reason like you lost something but you don't quite know what or why? Those are just shadows of once gone memories, never to likely come back again. We breed cycles which breed cycles ever so on. But like you said every day you wake up is a new day and you are not the same person from day to day, so its like with reincarnation like shedding your skin and growing into something else completely. But in all that, the only thing holding you to what you are, is what you were.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Well actually, you don't "have" to be reincarnated, and to show you why, here is an example: If you shine a flashlight into the sky, will the light come back? No, it just leaves and disappears, since energy is not matter, and so you cannot use matter as an example as clearly, matter has many different properties from energy.

The same goes for us, we do not have any special energy in our bodies, the energy in our bodies is no different from the energy of a rock, does a rock get reincarnated too? No, it doesn't.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that reincarnation is impossible, it's just very unlikely.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Excellent work and well written.

Damn shame we cant have this shown in schools.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius

Damn shame we cant have this shown in schools.

You mean ATS or just alternative views/ arguments in general?
In my experience with any type of school--be it grade school, high school, and even higher education--you get out of it exactly what you put into it. It's what you make of it.

A lot of my learning in school had to happen outside of the classroom. The schools provide a good stepping stone, I think, but education is all about having curiosity and motivation.
edit on 10-3-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

whales and dolphins...let one half of the brain sleep at a time. In this way, the animal is never completely unconscious, but it still gets the rest it needs.

science.howstuffworks.com...

So, I speculated in the OP that sleep/wake cycles might reflect some sort of pattern or lesson. But now this just throws me off! Not all mammals sleep the way we do.

It would be fascinating to have the hemispheres of the human brain independently switch from sleep to wakefulness. It's a shame we didn't evolve this way!

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The biggest problem I have with reincarnation is,

There are more creatures, races, species, plants and bacteria than ever before...

If there were 10 Original people on Earth and two of them reproduced... What had to die to give life to the new born?

or

If there were 10 Original people on Earth and two of them reproduced... How did they get twins if only one other soul died?

or

If there were 10 Original people on Earth and one of them died and everyone else hated each-other, so did not reproduce, where is the soul whilst it's waiting to be reincarnated?

(I know that reincarnation doesn't only apply to humans and anything/one could come back as something entirely different but I fear my list would contain more content than the whole of ATS threads put together if I tried to include everything. These are mere examples of how reincarnation is not possible).

Surely we'll get to a point where every bit of energy on Earth is in use by one form of life or another... It would then be like a packed pub on a Friday night... 1 out 1 in?

Who makes souls? Does God still work today? When a new child is born are they always a reincarnated soul? Who are the Originals?

I personally believe that reincarnation is just another form of human invented comfort to ease the fear of death and NEVER seeing anything/one again.... A bit morbid I know but over the last 100,000 years no one has come up with a global understanding or an answer... though the Church is apparently soooo connected with God and not out to just make billions.

~ CrzayFool
edit on 10-3-2013 by crzayfool because: Expansion

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Hi NB,

Thanks for such a thought provoking thread. And kudos to all the other posters who contributed. I've often pondered the need we have for sleep. Could it be that our natural state is a state of sleep or nothingness and the act of being given life necessitates that we are born and little by little we become more and more wakeful until perhaps our natural state of being becomes continual consciousness (ever wakefulness) until we again reach the end of that cycle and our natural state again becomes that of continual sleep (nothingness) again. Like someone else said "rinse and repeat".

On another aspect of this; my Mother told me that I pretty much cried for the first year of my life. There were some allergy issues with my older brother so I was fed only soy milk. I have since then discovered I am intolerant to gluten so there may have been issues there. But I always wondered if perhaps a: my previous life was so wonderful and I cried from sadness that I was taken from there to here, or b: my previous life was so bad that it took a year of being here with care from loving parents for me to calm down from it.

Very Cool Thread!

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by crzayfool
There are more creatures, races, species, plants and bacteria than ever before...

That's true. But Earth may not be the only planet in the cosmos that can sustain life. This "recycling of souls" would have to stretch across all creation. I'd like to think that this answer just kind of blankets all questions about the number of souls and where they're coming from. But that'd be a little too convenient, I guess.

If there were 10 Original people on Earth and two of them reproduced... What had to die to give life to the new born?

Hmm, I see what you're saying. 10 people, 10 souls inhabiting them..where does the 11th soul come from when someone reproduces? I can't really answer that. I would just think that maybe there are some souls that are waiting to inhabit new organisms? Perhaps there are more souls meandering about than organisms at any given time?

If there were 10 Original people on Earth and one of them died but everyone else hated each-other and did not reproduce where is the soul whilst it's waiting to be reincarnated?

Perhaps that's what some of those afterlife destinations are all about: Heaven, Hell, Limbo, the Lokas etc. Maybe they're just like cosmic-spiritual waiting rooms.

When a new child is born are they always a reincarnated soul?

Ahhh..see, this is where those moral and ethical dilemmas I mentioned in my first reply come into play. The highly criticized and seemingly oppressive caste systems of reincarnation-believing societies make a distinction between the 1st-timers and the 2nd born. It is believed that the achievers in life are reincarnated souls that have earned a great deal of merit through many incarnations. Reincarnation rationalizes and justifies the caste system in that kind of culture. To reject the caste system is almost a rejection of the reincarnation concept in general. It certainly would be a major change in any reincarnation-believing society.

I personally believe that reincarnation is just another form of human invented comfort to ease the fear of death

I've heard this argument a lot, mostly by atheists. But my problem with this argument is that not everyone has a morbid outlook and fear of death. I have brushed shoulders with death on multiple occasions in my bout with cancer. Never once was I afraid or overcome with despair at the reality of my situation. I don't believe death is nihilistic; I do believe in some sort of afterlife...but this belief wasn't created out of fear or my inability to deal with death. I don't think this argument works for all cases.

All-in-all. Thanks for posing your excellent and very practical questions. They certainly gave me a lot to weigh.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Maybe "dying" isn't real, no one ever says that do they.

After all, the only way humans could even start to understand what dying could be is to create a word or sound to which they can associate, and then make up their own "meaning" for that word/sound... like time, money, love, hate, chocolate, car, boat etc (Regardless of language).

If Death was actually called 'Revositi' and the first of us came up with an entirely different meaning, that didn't need an answer because no-one was scared of revositi! There would be no such things as reincarnation or heaven or hell as people the world over wouldn't feel the need to explain the unknown... It's all fabricated from within peoples imaginations and passed down through "Chinese Whispers".

I hope that makes some sort of sense.

~ CrzayFool

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Go in the bathroom, look in the mirror, stair at your own eyes and see the infinate right in front of your face.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
During the time of the birth of my first child ,actually in the few hours after ,I had a powerfull insight into life and the result was, that life is a lot more weirder than we can imagine. That brings me to the saying we can not understand the mind of the creator.

On the other hand on spliting with a long term boyfriend when i was a teenager . I said "see you on another planet" thats a sort of strange thing to say for a teenager. 1%

Just to add i was thinking about a thread asking the mothers on ATS if they had any weird experiences before ,during ,after, giving birth .
edit on 11-3-2013 by my1percent because: to add

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Reincarnation:
How do you know if reincarnation exists? When you recall the past lives. Has nothing to do with "false religions" and everything to do with expansion of the consciousness. Everything you wrote about is correct. You observe patterns, you see how things are interconnected. Without stars there would be no atoms, without atoms there would be no bees, no honeycombs which are a reflection of the carbon the bee is composed of. The spiral, the circle, the octagon or polygon, all those things which we use and build with, are reflections of the atoms within in us, as those atoms are a reflection of the universe which produced them.
It's like a foreign book. Eventually you get to read the translation. The you realize it says exactly what many other books say, that people communicate things to one another. Important things. Energy never disappears, it only transforms. All that is, transforms, but it never dies.
Science will tell you that eventually the universe will expand so far that there will simply be an ever expanding sea of particles, dead at absolute zero, yet moving away from each other forever. Yet a Quantum physicist will tell you that there may be other universes all around us. Perhaps our dying atoms will find a whole other universe out there which will pull them in and utilize them?
We know so little of the universe and it's ways. Yet like a dream, I believe we live, and live again, and again and again until we remember our true selves. We are the undying One. That which is not material. That which cannot die, or be lost, or stop working and that of which this universe is but a drop of dew from a living branch.
I began to recall past lives very early on. Of course I thought they were imaginings. I was a Christian and of course thought to reject the idea of past lives. Until you read the scriptures wherein Jesus describes John the Baptist as the direct reincarnation of the Prophet Elijah. When you look into the Bible you find a lot of examples of reincarnation. There is nothing in the Bible that says reincarnation is not true. In fact the whole thing is BASED on Adam and his various reincarnations up to and including Jesus! Be that as it may, other books tell of reincarnation as well. And as I said, it's not a religious thing. It's a HUMAN thing. It's us remembering we were someone else at some other time.
How I came to believe it is that I had several physical ailments and conditions that seemed to have no valid reason. One for instance. I used to have a lot of trouble with swallowing, feeling that I was choking, it would come at times unbidden and certainly uncalled for. Because essentially there was nothing wrong with me physically. It seemed to be based on anxiety and neurotic fear. But it was a problem. Then one day I had a vision...I was an armored knight. A Scottish Laird, I was a huge man (nothing like I am today!) With bright red hair and beard. I was riding out to some battle or perhaps looking from some enemy. As I rode from my stronghold, an arrow, shot by a sniper in a tree, plunged into my throat and I fell from my horse drowned and choking on my own blood. After the vision was over I realized I had been that person in another life...and I had carried that awesome traumatic death with me to this one. After that I was never affected by problems of this kind again. But several other problems continued. And each one, as I studied more and more about reincarnation, were assuaged by simply remembering what caused the problem. I began to become healthier and less neurotic. Eventually I wrote a book about my spiritual experiences. But I remain unreligious and actually find religion to be pretty despicable. I would never want anyone "following" me, nor would I ever establish a cult or a church. I've learned those lessons. People do not seek answers. They seek magic, they seek to overcome without working. They seek to touch the hem of someone else's garment for healing. Hence they are drawn to religion and to trouble. The simple truth is this. The very power of those great stars in the heavens ARE INSIDE OF YOU. You are not only a reflection of them, you are a small atomic engine yourself, generating radiation, light, electricity and with the ability to replicate part of yourself with someone else and to keep that engine going into the future. Plus, you have consciousness. You are a star which has become self-aware. You are a bundle of energy flowing through matter that somehow knows that you are alive! And of course you have been here before. It's not magic. It's physics.
edit on 11-3-2013 by whisperindave because: Revised

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by whisperindave

What an astonishing post! I really appreciate you sharing your story about your problem with swallowing and the vision of the armored knight.

At one time my lungs were riddled with tumors. I have always seemed like I have trouble breathing. I run short of breath easily and usually find myself gasping and wheezing. Pulmonary tests have always shown that my lung capacity etc. are normal. There is no discernible problem.

I have always had an incredible fear of drowning as well. I love swimming but can't swim in natural bodies of water because of my overwhelming fear of suffocating under the waves.

At one point I had a psychic medium look into my past lives (he did this for free.) Without telling him or hinting in any way about my health issues and fear of water..he told me that I'm here to answer to a previous life where I drowned at about the age of 20. He said I was swept away in a river and that I'm here to heal from that experience or something like that.

I have been plagued with health issues for a good portion of my life. In fact, I have been diagnosed with 3 rare genetic disorders back-to-back in only a few short years. That alone is enough to turn a head and raise an eyebrow of any doctor. It does make me wonder what it might all mean.

I can't say I've experienced much healing, but I am learning to just sit back and accept what I can't change. I am learning to rise above my health issues to work hard at changing what I can.

Despite your wall-of-text style post
it was a very satisfying read. Thanks
edit on 11-3-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

That's true. But Earth may not be the only planet in the cosmos that can sustain life. This "recycling of souls" would have to stretch across all creation. I'd like to think that this answer just kind of blankets all questions about the number of souls and where they're coming from. But that'd be a little too convenient, I guess.

Completely blanketed! We'd be here forever debating the itty-bittyness otherwise... I think it's safe to say that across an endless expanse of ever growing light-years, there was already life sustained out there way before Earth was even a twinkle in our solar systems eye.

Hmm, I see what you're saying. 10 people, 10 souls inhabiting them..where does the 11th soul come from when someone reproduces? I can't really answer that. I would just think that maybe there are some souls that are waiting to inhabit new organisms? Perhaps there are more souls meandering about than organisms at any given time?

At the end of the day, although people say energy can't be created or destroyed - only transferred from one state to another, it had to come from somewhere and considering energy could take any form and that it DID come from somewhere once, then maybe it's still being made and directed into souls. I know this kinda answers what I said, I just wanted to see what peoples views were.

Perhaps that's what some of those afterlife destinations are all about: Heaven, Hell, Limbo, the Lokas. Maybe they're just like cosmic-spiritual waiting rooms.

That's fair enough. I cannot argue with that. I've never been to any of them to say they aren't there

I am trying my very best to understand vibrational frequencies, quantum physics, religion and the interactions between multiple dimensions... because they're all the same thing at the end of the day, they just have different names. I hope to find some sort if clue as to where all these souls come and go.

Ahhh..see, this is where those moral and ethical dilemmas I mentioned in my first reply come into play. The highly criticized and seemingly oppressive caste systems of reincarnation-believing societies make a distinction between the 1st-timers and the 2nd born. It is believed that the achievers in life are reincarnated souls that have earned a great deal of merit through many incarnations. Reincarnation rationalizes and justifies the caste system in that kind of culture. To reject the caste system is almost a rejection of the reincarnation concept in general. It certainly would be a major change in any reincarnation-believing society.

I can sympathies with that. You can't know it all as soon as you're born (the first time round).

I've heard this argument a lot, mostly by atheists. But my problem with this argument is that not everyone has a morbid outlook and fear of death. I have brushed shoulders with death on multiple occasions in my bout with cancer. Never once was I afraid or overcome with despair at the reality of my situation. I don't believe death is nihilistic; I do believe in some sort of afterlife...but this belief wasn't created out of fear or my inability to deal with death. I don't think this argument works for all cases.

I don't really know what I am to be honest... I don't really side with anyone. I'm not for or against religion. I just understand that to get to the bottom of all those questions that people have asked I need to be accepting of both Science & Religion, I use them hand in hand to get the whole picture. I have no "fear of death" (I fear not seeing my loved ones) but the death bit itself poses quite a few exciting elements to it.. mainly the unknown. I like the unknown and trying to know it. Unlike yourself I have never really had a brush with death... I've had some high-speed scares but that's kinda what I seek anyway lol.

~ CrzayFool

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by whisperindave

I don't know that I have ever been alive before... I have zero experiences with remembering past lives. I have no visions or dreams that would give any indication to how I may have died before. Maybe I'm a totally new soul? or maybe I am just not susceptible enough? Maybe my "knowledge" and difficulty believing in anything with a bit of stubbornness thrown in for good measure prevents me? Who knows....

What I do feel though is an overwhelming feeling of being lost and wanting to find out what is out there or a way back. I don't mean this is the normal sense where people think Aliens might exist, I know through intuition and being logical and rational that the puny human race is inexplicably insignificant among all the other universe inhabitants, even though "we" think we're so "on top" and Unique... pfft.

It goes much, much further than that....

I don't know what to make of it though... Until I find some sort of evidence I feel like a bit of a numpty trying out unorthodox methods... and what not.

~ CrzayFool

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Very uplifting thread!Thanks!

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Excellent post
How come you can meet someone at any given time and at any given age and have so much in common? I had talked to someone previously who although was much younger than me seemed to have followed in my footsteps in a way. It is a lot more than this person realizes because of the similarities in interest, career and mental process of thinking not fully disclosed but known.

I really find it strange because I had a dream before this happened and it was quite eerie to see the examples. Do you think that person has a connection to you? Could they have been around you during a past life and it is not just not realized? I guess we just are reincarnated and when we run in to certain people, they could hold an important key to your life.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join