It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Were Alone And Had An Extra-Ordinary UFO Experience , Would You Tell Anyone?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I've never had a fully conscious sighting of a UFO. The strangest thing I've seen was just a point of light in the sky that got brighter and brighter and then dimmed until it was gone. It didn't move. It could have been a satellite. It could have been maybe a helicopter coming/going from a strange angle. It could have been a lot of things. but I don't think it was an alien spaceship.

My Grandpa saw a ufo. He says it was oblong with lights around it. He saw it at night. To be honest, I still think he saw a semi-truck or a helicopter. He was old. He must have been 80. I know he's smartish with things, but he's very clumsy sometimes and I can imagine him being wrong.

He also todl me he saw a sea serpent when fishing with someone in the 1950's or 1960's.

And ya there're a few other stories I've heard.

Bottom line, you just don't know. Witnesses are not evidence, they're just stories. It's only evidence when you've got dozens of witnesses corroborating each other and video and radar and trace evidence ALL TOGETHER for a particular incident. There're probably only a couple cases like this.

But even evidence can't prove this phenomenon. It comes down to What do you believe?

I believe we're not alone. I believe that we're not as important as we want to think. But ironically, I think we're still studied just as we study animals here on earth. Maybe we entertain ET's.

Just because ET's are more advanced than us doesn't mean they know everything. We're more advanced than mice, but we don't know everything about mice. Hence, we study them. Why should this not be true for ET too? Who knows what new science disciplines will emerge?

I believe we'll get our chance. We're like James Harden playing in Houston. Young guy. Playing good. He may or may not become a superstar, but he's got a good opportunity to do that.

People can mess up, just like countries. /nod to North Korea.

These're just things I believe. Different people can believe different things.
edit on 10-3-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterMiyagi

To answer shortly, of course I would tell someone, my closest friends and loved ones.

Another question is, would I publish it on ATS? I personally would, but of course you have to be certain that it is for the right reasons, because when you post on ATS you are posting to a group of people who don't know you, and have very different ways of thinking. You have to know you will receive ridicule from those who don't think the way you do or don't believe in what you do and be prepared to filter those posts. If I ever post an experience on ATS it will be to see what others can make of it who have lived something similar or who have studied the subject and can give you some insight or help you understand better your experience.

I'm sorry you take it personally when somebody doesn't believe you, or ridicules you, or calls it a hoax, etc, on ATS. You have to understand that nothing said on ATS should be taken as personal, because you are using a pseudonym and nobody actually KNOWS who you really are.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I would and i have too.......
Those who will gain from the info will be glad they got it....
Those who want to be a........holes also get the chance to practice their chosen craft.....
It hardly matters what people say think .......Its what they do that can have consequences....

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Maybe if you knew someone long enough, they could possibly take in your story. However, attempting to explain the next few encounters, they will try to think your full of # and looking for attention. Although it amazing to see one of them when your drunk with ur friends, and they don't remember it the next morning. Even though they ask themselves what the hell is that, and you say to ur self, "I hate u, u dumbasses".

Although it was reassuring that I wasn't the only one was seeing things, considering nobody looks up these days.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Ive had quite a few very conscious, very real UFO and Extraterrestrial Encounters. Ive had them since I was a child. My wife now is seeing what I see and is actually having encounters with me. I wont tell anyone I dont trust about them. One thing I cant stand, is ridicule and skepticism trying to debunk what just happened. I know what I seen, and whats happened to me and us. Extra Terrestrials are as real as the air you breathe, theres no damn question about it. The way people treat you when you tell them what you experienced is very disheartening. People cant think outside of a linear line of thought, so when presented with the truth and facts, they dont know how to fully absorb whats going on. There needs to be a full disclosure and very soon. We need to advance as a human race, we can only do that by waking up and accepting the truth. Understanding comes after.

Sorry for the ramblings :/
edit on 10-3-2013 by AZ2ENVY because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CleoFace

Thank you for your honest reply. I could tell it was what you really wanted to say and not worded any different.
Keep being true to yourself.

You're not alone in this

Stay strong.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Yooo

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I once remember seeing a massive ufo, along with about 10 people, as we played hide and seek outside. It was about 6:00 PM or so. This thing was massive and was flying really low. It wanted to be seen. I dont recall the descrtiption very well but as far as I can remember it was squared, had different colored lights under it, and was about one street block in size.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   

I think I would share it with my husband..simply because I'm sure he'd be the only one who wouldn't think I've gone mad...or maybe he just wouldn't admit it.

We had an odd shared experience as teens in the Midwest. Nothing spectacular or anything...just strange lights. I'm sure they could be explained away but at the time it scared us both sh*tless.

*As an afterthought, we never shared it with anyone. We bring it up to each other every now and again, but never in the presence of others.
edit on 11-3-2013 by U4ea82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   

If I ever have one, you should know, I am not making that up when posting about it. Since so far I don't have even one case other that dreams which I explicitly say - are dreams (some of my dreams do happen but not alarming and extraordinary ones like encoutners) - anyway just dreams. The possibility of not being ready with a high class camera so that all see is huge. I would just be using my not so bad phone camera, people would see nothing and no one would believe it,

Well if a thing starts making quite extraodinary movements, you would get the memo even if the quality werent good enough. But sometimes I wonder - why post on ATS, isn't it a waste of time? I see how no one would believe you, so why feeding the trolls?

I personally do not believe many/nearly all of the stories posted around here - aliens coming to your bed while sleeping (such a common case, seems to me like some state of the mind and these aliens could be any shape and form and people call them 'aliens'), lots of the stories about encounters outside and also if you are speaking truth about having a sighting - you may have encountered a drone or something else, not an alien...

Posting to MUFON is also waste, so the best you can do is - show something no one's ever seen or if you don't have any pieces of evidence, don't bother, no one will believe you. Sadly the human brain works like that - either show him in a straight sight or it didn't happen..

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I would defiantly share my story, but in the same sense I would analyse it too. If I see a disk or a craft UFO that would take precedence over a light way the hell up in the sky.
I would also have to disregard anything from sleep or sleep paralysis encounters. There is just too much evidence going the other way.

The next thing I surely would not do is join up with nut jobs just to have commendatory. There are lot's of people who still have their sense about them you just have to choose who you support, not every story deserves the same support.

Some of the best encounters I read are stories from the quiet guy who tells his/her encounter and that is all.
I like that.

Always keep in mind, people really don't care, When it comes to UFO's or anything that doesn't directly effect people or that person whom you are speaking too, the audience truly doesn't care. It's like oh that was a cool story or that is a bunch of BS, Now what's to eat cause I'm starving! We can all relate to eating something because that directly can effect us at the same moment.

for me,
I am here on this forum not to believe or disbelieve, I'm here to be fascinated and entertained. I'm not here to have my world changed do to someone else's experiences but I enjoy reading about someones experiences.
edit on 11-3-2013 by mysteryskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
The answer is no. I had quite the supernatural experience a few years back but I have never told the entire story to anyone. Mostly because it's too fantastic.

But the one thing I wasn't expecting was finding out the world is nothing but a episode of Once Upon a Time and I'm the kid with the book.

Maybe someday I'll have to do something about that.

Or I could just be crazy. However I did get a picture of crazy however. He makes a good avatar doesn't he?

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImpactoR
I personally do not believe many/nearly all of the stories posted around here - aliens coming to your bed while sleeping (such a common case, seems to me like some state of the mind and these aliens could be any shape and form and people call them 'aliens'), lots of the stories about encounters outside and also if you are speaking truth about having a sighting - you may have encountered a drone or something else, not an alien...

Some centuries ago they called them incubus and succubus, now they call them aliens.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I would tell interested people.

I have on a number of occasions in the past after experiencing extraordinary things, not necessarily UFO-related.

Nowadays people are more open to that sort of discussion.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
i have & i havent told my people cause they just think your nuts

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by blackz28

I can't really discuss what I saw, although I've posted bits about it. What happened to me was so unbelievable I am still having flashbacks to this day. However truth to tell there isn't a day go's by without something reminding me of it. I don't know if it is a help or a hinderence using this website. When you have witnessed seemly human beings eyes light up like #ing xmas tree lights, you can get a bit cynical. I thought of something lately, I hadn't thought of before. What if that morning ... was around 11am, I left the door wide open as I left? If I had ... then, a whole waiting room full of people would have seen them too!
One of them kept looking from left to right as to distract me and the beams of light were shining down on the floor as he moved his head. The other was sitting at a desk and he was looking down at the desk and again you could see the glow hitting the table. A bit like the beams of light you get from a high powered torch.
I can't help wondering about that. Would it have been wrong of me? I didn't think of doing it at the time, obviously lol I do remember gently closing the door and I am sure I just paused for a moment and looked at all the folk in the waiting room. There must have been at least 60 people in that waiting area and that was without the nurses and receptionists flitting around. Then I just as calm walked off and out.
What if I had left that door open? I doesn't bare thinking about or doe's it? Maybe I am getting too deep?
They were not of this world!
hx

edit on 12-3-2013 by happinness because: sorry, think i posted this on the wrong board.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I would never talk to anyone in person about it; perhaps maybe my dad because he can be way more open than most. However on the internet I would mention it, but unfortunately I've never witnessed anything strange in the sky to talk about. With how many stars and planets out there it is extremely unlikely we are alone.

Whether or not some UFOs are actually ETs I don’t know. However one thing I would say to skeptics that say stuff like, "why would they leave massive bright lights on, make loud noises, hover over cities, they are so smart they can fly across the galaxy but don’t know how to remain undetected, etc." My theory is if they are ETs they just don't care. If I wanted some animal as a pet or something off some planet I'd just zip down there grab one and jet out. I wouldn't care that I woke up some monkey brain inferior villagers on some planet. I’d probably find it funny them scurrying about like ants.

If I were driving spiritedly through some mountain town at 3am in my 300hp turbo car with open exhaust I wouldn’t care that I'm waking the neighborhood up because I don't live there. However once I get near my neighborhood I would cruise at 30mph in 4th gear to be quiet because I respect my immediate neighbors. I would do the same if I had a spacecraft capable of interstellar travel.

Even if there were some "galactic" laws to not interfere with inferior races who’s to say there aren't "rebel" ETs who don't care about the laws. Look how many people break laws in the USA alone. That's all just applying human behavior/understanding to the unknown. Are we so sure that an ET couldn't be a douche like me?

Believing or being open to the possibility is perfectly fine just keep it in check.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Difficult to argue with any of that and I felt exactly the same way before I had my first sighting in 2011.

However,after telling numerous close friends and most of my family, I actually felt as if they were fearful for my state of mind and some of them actually distanced themselves from me on account of my UFO story. So much so that I only told 3 of the dearest people in my life about my 2nd encounter for fear of losing more people that I care for.

There is one other important reason I took so long to post my encounter on ATS. Something I ought to have mentioned in my OP. It's difficult to explain why, exactly but I get the feeling that perhaps we are not supposed to discuss our personal UFO sightings with others.

Maybe a sighting that takes place when you are on your own is for your eyes only.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

how many other people don't actually report their own UFO experiences etc,for fear of ridicule?

Of course, here, one can post anonymously, but outside of this forum, only my closest friends know anything about my one and only UFO sighting/experience...and even some of them don't know.

Without proof or evidence, why would I want to subject myself to that?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I had an experience where I saw something in the sky but the people I was with did not see it as I could not get their attention. I was hiking in Colorado and I was alone above my friends on the mountain, I saw this mass of gray contrails in a ball, like a rocket had lost control and was flying around back and forth crossing it 's own path. The only thing, there was no contrail entering or exiting this mass, i tried to wave and shout to my friends to look up but they didn't see or hear me.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join