It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Were Alone And Had An Extra-Ordinary UFO Experience , Would You Tell Anyone?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
If I seen a ufo yeah I would tell people cuz it's not really a big deal... but if I got abducted, I'd prolly just keep it to myself (I wouldnt want that type of attention).

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Lets rephrase the question...

Has any one ever had an 'ORDINARY' UFO experience?

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by MisterMiyagi

Yes i have had lots of experiences and no dont speak of them. I tried once on here and told people of my communication with telepathic cat and got ridiculed. I cant blame them for laughing.

How does that work/feel like?

Is it like an internal sounds in the head and do you have to be in a state where you are awake but near to sleep to break thru the barrier to get it to work? Or is it your unconcious that just makes you know things from the cats perspective because you two are temporary connected as one? What where the information you received?

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I would tell, but not on this site. Could you imagine seeing a for sure alien ufo, then have ats members tell you it was a streetlight.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
"If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

This is a simple philosophical thought experiment that raises questions regarding observation and knowledge of reality. Also kind of applies to your question.

Why do us Humans entertain the notion that seeing is believing when this verse certainly is not w.y.s.i.w.y.g?
edit on 10-3-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Whether its a kid who wears different clothes or someone expressing their sexuality, stepping out of the herd and drawing attention to yourself requires bravery because of fearfulness.

The herd mentality is very strong in human beings, it brings comfort and security to people unwilling or incapable of thinking for themselves, hence the fervent popularity of religion.

Op, you shouldn't worry what people think especially on a web forum where latent witchburners can now come into their own.

Think of your experience as benefiting you personally.
Whether any one else cares is immaterial.

Your experience affected you alone. It metaphorically jammed a screwdriver into the edge of your mind and prised it open a little bit more.
And a more open mind can only be a good thing.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by esteay812
You may even find someone who experienced the same thing you did, at the same time.

I only know two people that saw an UFO, my grandmother (who died in 1978) and a co-worker.

From their descriptions of the event, they saw the same thing, if not at the same time, at least in the same year.

That's a very good reason to share our experiences, we may think we are alone when in fact several people had the same experience and can help us get a better idea of what happened.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
why dont you just post your experience then never look at the post again...what you dont see wont hurt you...

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by flexy123
HOWEVER, if I had reason to believe that the sighting is really extraordinary and genuine and doesn't leave me doubt about that I saw something extraordinary, as said, I could care less about what others think.

That's another problem with the UFO and other "paranormal" areas, if people don't share what they witnessed then they are helping in the creation (or perpetuation) of the "club-like" situation that surrounds these events, so people that may be interested in them and that could possibly help in any way are left out of that knowledge/information.

The important thing is not "what others think" (I couldn't care less for that, as anyone that knows me personally can confirm
), the important is to share the information.

And some of those people (the ones that don't share) are surprised that there aren't more people investigating those "paranormal" areas.

I guess that's the difference between those that think only about themselves and the ones that really interested in the truth to be known.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Yeah I'd just go ahead and speak about it I think. Mainly to help people who've had the same thing happen to feel less alone. I'd realize I was due for ridicule though and just leave them (after a few sarcastic responses probably.) to thier own views. I don't think you should allow ridicule to stop you from speaking to others or writing about your experiences though. If that happened all the time nobody would be speaking or writing about what they'd gone through.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

That is certainly an option worth considering.Thanks.

So many excellent responses to ponder and I would also thank everyone that has contributed thus far for their insight and input.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
If it was just a light in the sky no. If it had structure and I recorded it on my cell phone or photographed it, yes. I've seen too many videos of lights in the sky that really don't add any credibility to the UFO phenomenon. Lights in the sky can easily be hoaxed, be mistaken for aircraft formations, helicopters, satellites or military experimental planes.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Not a chance that I'd tell anyone. I may mention I saw some sort of weird craft and ask if anyone knows what kind of technology our military has. I probably know more about the governments secret projects than most people around here but I would word it as a question to observe the response.

I saw a picture of an SR 71 taking off back in the early 60's, really couldn't tell anybody because *I* didn't know what it was for a few years.

All the military secret projects are cloaked with well thought out plausible deniability so obviously its really difficult to tell anyone. ATS has some members with enough underground resources to help sort UFO sightings.

If we want ATS to be a better place you're right we should take an extroverted approach and try to support the OP's intentions. ATS is a great place, I'm still learning ways to call out trolls without using a direct attack.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by CleoFace

Originally posted by CleoFace
I mentioned an experience I had to 2 of my closest friends, who then labelled me a nut job...

Unbelievable...

You see the SAME thing right here on ATS all day long: "see a shrink..." "get counseling... "

The IRONIC part about this is the fact that not only are these "friends" the ones who are really deceived but also that psychiatry itself is a total complete FRAUD...

“Biological psychiatry is a total fraud.” — Fred Baughman,

quoted by Dr. Timothy Scott, America Fooled: The Truth about Antidepressants, Antipsychotics and How We’ve Been Deceived Psychiatry is a Total Fraud

There is a similar thing going on with an ex-MUFON UFO researcher named Joe Jordan who is often attacked for exposing the deception of other researchers who are covering up proven working methods on how to stop abductions cold because they are AFRAID of losing their credibility.

"We got a coverup among the researchers themselves that people are relying on for the truth" ~ Joe Jordan

"Joe is obviously not popular with many UFO believers for ‘blowing the whistle’ and revealing the deception behind it all..."

Lifting the veil on the UFO phenomenon

Originally posted by zarp3333
You are not the only person to state that Jesus Christ had the authority to stop abductions cold. I believe you. There is a famous ex-MUFON UFO researcher who spent years as an aetheist and had a spiritual awakening that lead him to become a Christian.

The sad fact is that as soon as he began mentioning that he had reports of people invoking the power of Christ to stop abductions, he was attacked ruthlessly.

That intrigues me. Even on this site, you will find the same intolerant behavior. I just don't get it. How is it that otherwise "open minded" people will consider every manner of possibility except one? It only serves to make me think there is some evil aspect to the whole phenomenon that I never considered possible during the first 20 years of my research into the field.

edit on 10-3-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
The answer is no - there's really not much point. Seeing a UFO is nothing but crazy making for everyone involved

They are NOT UFO's...

They are demons, which is WHY they hide, kidnap, paralyze, terrify, probe, molest, lie, and deceive.

They use our RIDICULE to their own advantage.

They KNOW just how stupid we really are.

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
I still don't get why people believed Moses about that whole burning bush thing...

What I don't get is why people prefer denial to actually knowing the TRUTH.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Be Water My Friend! - Bruce Lee Remix | #eTHErSEC

A Poisoned World ~ Why The illuminati killed Bruce Lee

Here you have his last interview with Pierre Burton. Why is the establishment, the religious programming the joker? Ask yourself what is going on.

Please get over this idea of the universe for you're a part of it, and your family watches over all the time. Take these programmings and empty your mind, be water, flow your Love Light and source.

We're all ET in source, Bruce Lee is ET. TPTB are ET. Family and Heavenly Eutopia are ET.

Knock on the door of your soul and ask yourself some questions.

Any ET bearing religion is a renegade. Though religions may contain real people, they graft those who reached others with messages to free their minds, like Christ and Buddha, onto their religious control trees.

Empty your mind, and just beam love at everyone. Stand under the stars and beam love and gratitude at everyone. You'll see.

edit on 10-3-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

If You Were Alone And Had An Extra-Ordinary UFO Experience , Would You Tell Anyone?

No I don't think I would, ppl would think you're crazy or something.

Simply saying you saw a UFO is ok but saying you where taken to Zoram had tea with the marshmellow leader who told you all manner of secrets that you can't really remember. . . nah.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I saw one hovering above a tree back in January 2010

Took a great pick of it too on my blackberry ... still on the memory card, though I have an iphone now.

it was 12.33 hrs to be precise, trust me I rang anyone that would listen. Will get the pic printed when I get the time.

hx

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
That's another problem with the UFO and other "paranormal" areas, if people don't share what they witnessed then they are helping in the creation (or perpetuation) of the "club-like" situation that surrounds these events, so people that may be interested in them and that could possibly help in any way are left out of that knowledge/information.

The important thing is not "what others think" (I couldn't care less for that, as anyone that knows me personally can confirm
), the important is to share the information.

I agree with ArMaP, people need to share info.

Several years ago my family witnessed "something." We all shared the experience so we really didn't need outside validation but we wondered if our neighbors had seen the same thing.

We live in the middle of nowhere but our job puts us in contact with outlying neighbors. The hubby and I decided to very discreetly ask our customers about lights in the night sky the previous week. We made it sound very innocent, possibly military exercises.

We both got a hit. The people were somewhat relieved that others had seen "something" too.

I was transporting a woman and her two teenage daughters. When I mentioned the lights I was watching them in the rear view mirror. They looked at each other with big eyes and started telling their story.

It seems a younger brother had seen something. He wasn't with us and I would've loved to have talked to him.

He was 8 years old, outside goofing around on the porch. It was 9pm or so. The mom/daughters were inside watching TV when the little boy started tapping on the window for them to come out and see the "lights." No one paid him any attention. In a bit the tapping turned into banging he was excited and yelling for everyone to come out now. They thought he was going to play a kid trick on them so they just ignored him.

The mom was just going to call him in when the door flew open, the boy runs straight to his room and slams the door. The mom said he was crying and she asked him what was wrong but he said he didn't want to talk about it.

They hadn't given it a second thought until I mentioned the lights we saw on the same night as the boy. They kept looking at each other realizing he wasn't playing tricks on them. It was a twilight zone moment.

I hope they went home and talked to him. Imo my inquiry lent him some much needed credibility with his family. Maybe they'll take the things he says more seriously. I felt sorry for him.

My hubby talked to a woman who was having a glass of wine on her patio before bed and she saw the lights too. She thought maybe it was the wine and was quite relieved to hear my hubby's account.

No need to act crazy about it but asking innocent questions never hurts and you might be pleasantly surprised. It could keep someone else from thinking they're crazy and quite alone in their experience.

edit on 3-10-2013 by Morningglory because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

They are demons, which is WHY they hide, kidnap, paralyze, terrify, probe, molest, lie, and deceive.

I hope you can appreciate the humor of our situation Murgatroid -

I've posted that I've seen a UFO in a forum full of the usual mix of believers and non believers...

And I'm here to tell you - I don't believe in demons

:-)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join