It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Were Alone And Had An Extra-Ordinary UFO Experience , Would You Tell Anyone?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
After posting a thread last week on ATS covering my first UFO sighting back in March 2011, I had intended to post
at least one follow up thread but on refection I have had a complete rethink in regards to posting those threads.

Please let me explain my reasoning.

Before joining ATS in 2010, I had never witnessed anything in the sky that couldn't be explained away as aircraft or Chinese lanterns, for example but I was surprised how hard it was for me, personally to discuss my first inexplicable UFO sighting which took place a year after joining ATS with anyone I knew and cared for, let alone posting details on line.

It really was far harder to discuss my experience than I would have imagined prior to that sighting.

When I finally did get up the courage to post my first sighting on ATS almost 2 years after the event, I also planned to discuss a more unusual and complex UFO experience I had in June 2012 in a 2nd thread but given the response to my previous thread and the feeling of hurt when I felt I wasn't believed during my first visit to the chat section of ATS, where I talked a little bit about my 2nd sighting with other members, I have reluctantly decided I will never discuss the events of that evening with anyone , ever again.

Don't get me wrong, I can fully understand why sceptics feel the need for proof of extra ordinary claims, it's just that as a guy that prides myself on finding the truth, I have had a really hard time not being believed, which begs the question, how many other people don't actually report their own UFO experiences etc,for fear of ridicule?

All of which brings me to the point of this thread.

If you had a UFO experience or any kind of paranormal experience for that matter, when you were all alone, with no one to verify your claims or support your story and you had previously been sceptical of such things as aliens or ghosts, would you tell someone you knew or consider sharing your story on a website such as ATS?

All thoughts and comments welcome and very much appreciated.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I almost certainly would, but with a caveat that. If it went badly after the
first airing i would probs just leave it alone.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I might mention it in a relative thread, but i would never make a thread about it again.
Been through the same as you for the most part.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
It is not easy when you are a position where you have experianced things that are not yet the "normal" and where you cannot give others the same experiance. At least chakras and spirituality is getting more of the norm nowdays so hopefully it will stop confuse some people but you will always find people who cannot relate at all either because they fear things they do not understand or think they know more about it by reading about it without experiancing it.

I have never seen a UFO in my life that I can remember. I have had a paranormal message sound within my head once and I have some experiance with chakras/the bliss and synchronicity (11:11 phenomena). Some people accept it some do not. To tell you the truth I have had a 2 year paranormal bliss experiance
. But from my point of view paranormal is just normal that have not yet been quantified by humans/society.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterMiyagi

I have had personal UFO and Alien sightings in my lifetime thus far; I have mentioned some on ATS.

I got mixed responses; but not unkind ones. For the most part people were very supportive.

I cannot prove to anyone what I saw and experienced; but it did happen; I know the truth and that is good enough for me.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
What's with all the emotional attachment to silly little words on a screen.

Do any of us know who you really actually are?
Probably not.

Thus, what's with acting all like some fragile little princess?

In answer to the question posed in the OP:
If I had some extra-ordinary experience of ANY kind, you bet I'd post it here on ATS.
I'd ALSO be one of the hardest skeptics regarding my own experience.

Grow some thicker skin already.
Quit being such a princess about silly little words on a screen.

Why does it matter if anyone here takes you seriously or thinks you're a complete gonzo loony?
Is there some monetary reward, or toy surprise in the T&C for how seriously people take you that I overlooked or something?

I've never had a UFO experience other than that weather balloon when I was like 6 or something, and I posted that.
Up until recently I'd never experienced sleep paralysis but, posted the experience directly afterwards.

No doubt about it. If I saw something inexplicable that was worthy of comment, I'd post it up for sure.
Again, however, I'd be one of the biggest skeptics regarding my own eye-witness account, especially since I'm a proponent on the stance that eye-witness testimony is essentially worthless, except as mediocre entertainment for mediocre people.

Edit: I'd be sure to take note of every detail, angle, apparent distance, exact compass directions, elevation in degrees above horizon, apparent size, apparent shape(s) colors, wind direction, time, sounds of any vehicles in the area, bird activity if any, temperature, barometric pressure, humidity, and every other bit of detail I could squeeze out of the incident that might be of any sort of relevance.

If you're going to be an eye- witness, then do it and do it well.

edit on 9-3-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Not a chance that I'd tell anyone. I may mention I saw some sort of weird craft and ask if anyone knows what kind of technology our military has. I probably know more about the governments secret projects than most people around here but I would word it as a question to observe the response.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I would, and I have. Anybody that knows me personally knows that I am a very analytical person and not one prone to hysterics or jumping to conclusions. They also know that I'm not one to exaggerate or make up "tall tales". I have even told my story on ATS as a reply in a thread. But in telling my story I always readily acknowledge that the UFO involved in my experience could have possibly had an earthly explanation as we never know what sort of secret technology that our own government may possess and do test runs on from time to time. I believe that is the problem with most people's tellings of their own stories: they are unwilling to admit that there could possibly be any other explanation but ETs.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I haven't been in the position of seeing a UFO.
But I can imagine that I would feel quite vulnerable.
I guess it depends on the emotions involved in this experience.
The more intense, the more vulnerable I would feel and the more I would want to share the story.

On the other hand, I can imagine to experience such a thing with little emotional reaction.
As in, "hey that's cool" and then go on with whatever I was doing.
In that case I wouldn't feel the need to tell and if I did, I wouldn't give a rats *ss what others would believe.

I'm hoping for you that you can ignore the trolls and the naysayers.
You know what you saw and I believe there are lots of people here who had experiences like you.

Cheers,

z00mster

edit on 9-3-2013 by z00mster because: typo

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I have, and had a very hard time from it, which has deterred me from mentioning my experiences to anyone now. I mentioned an experience I had to 2 of my closest friends, who then labelled me a nut job, recommended to my parents that I seek psychological help, and made sure everyone in my village thought I was crazy. Worst still, I wasn't alone when the experience happened, a friend was also with me, but he denied everything. When I asked him why, he said he didn't want the hassle and ridicule that I'd had to go through, so thought it best to deny it all. (Needless to say, none of these idiots are my 'friends' anymore) It's no wonder that many people keep UFO or paranormal experiences to themselves when that's the attitude we get subjected to. Luckily, I've noticed the majority of people on ATS are a lot more open minded.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

No.

Most importantly, something like that, I would feel, would be a personal thing. You wouldn't go blabbing about a conversation you had with a friend, would you? That would just be rude. On top of that, you have to consider the fact that people would think you're insane.

People think I'm odd already.

edit on 9-3-2013 by FollowTheWhiteRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I sure would, and have. Call it "biting the bullet" if you want, but here's a very important quote that many of our grandparents have chimed at us at one point on our lives:

"It is none of your business what people think about you."

Now, I prefer to hold back my experiences regarding ATS until I see an appropriate time.
Many here do not consider it evidence, and RIGHTLY SO- this is the internet, and words=air.

When it is valuable to share the truth, I share. When someone thinks they are crazy, I will try to lend a hand and help them not feel so crazy for what they saw in the sky on day/night.

For Me- Especially: When someone sees something similar to what I have experienced?
That's when I love eye witness testimony, because it corroborates my experience.

Honestly, this is ATS... If you have an experience you'd like to share; share it. Just don't have any expectations that you are going to "convince" anyone, no matter how convincing it was to you. However, there will be the people who will be grateful for reasons I've stated above.

Just be brave, the more you research this phenomena from the perspective of a witness; the more you will realize your little experience was not so rare/crazy/unbelievable. --- And that's when it becomes easier to deal with it.

For many experiencers, I think what we seek the most is "closure".

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CleoFace

Sorry to hear your experience had such a negative impact on your life and well being CleoFace.

I can fully understand why you wouldn't discuss anything that might be regarded as out of the ordinary that might involve you on a personal level in future. I'm also quite sure your story will resonate with many on ATS.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I struggled inwardly with my own experiences, because I did not have any interest in such topics before, and had been one to laugh at such ideas. Then I had experiences that I could not find rational explanations for and it was very troubling.

I could not bring myself to talk with others about it. When I got online, I thought maybe then I could work through my feelings, with people not present, that I didn't have to see the mockery in their eyes- the distance made me feel open.

Someone asked me to write down a description of my experiences, and I did. He asked if he could put them up on his site, and I said yes, because at the time, I was totally new to the web, and thought nobody would ever read it. I didn't know at that time that many I have known, most I will meet, would/will Google my name and find that. It has been translated in many languages and copied onto other sites. I was asked to let it be published in a book and i chickened out of the deal at the last minute (thank god).

I have come to grips with the experience- at least, I just have been able to embrace the unknown factor of it and move on to other things. But my family members haven't. Many of the people I start to make friends with now, can't. Most of them are very uncomfortable with this. I have no answers for them, I have no excuses, I have no way to prove I am not crazy, and I have no convictions to push forward.

I regret having done it. I regret having used my real name. On the other hand, in all other areas of my life, I am very open and hide nothing. The benefit to that is that if you expose all the less sane and attractive things about yourself right away, at least you will not live in fear of it being found out, and losing good friends- it sort of eliminates those people before you get too attached.

I have experiences of other sorts now, equally unusual, but I don't tell anyone. I don't feel the need to though.
That seems to be the thing- if you feel the need to express it, then you should. But if you are in conflict inside, then that will most likely be played out then!

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Probably not to the general public. My lifelong interest in UFOs, including writing about it, makes me not a credible witness simply because of my interest. For example, I have about 250 books on the subject. I might seek out some individuals to discuss it with, but I certainly would not "go public" with it. It's not worth it. I can't see anything to be gained.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
You need thick skin to get by in life, let alone participate on this particular forum.

I think you will find that for the most, people will be supportive and understanding. Sure there are also those who sit and pounce on anything you may say because, let's be honest, that's life.

Unfortunately most people do not carry a video camera around with them in readiness to capture unusual events and ergo, if you don't have any tangible evidence to support your claims, you become easy fodder.

Sure, many people now carry android phones, many with semi decent cameras, but who really has the sense of logic when they come across something out of the ordinary?

To be fair, many things can be explained and it's always good to provide evidence of what you are relating, but purely due to the way we lead our lives, this cannot always be the case.

If I were you, I would bite the bullet and share whatever expeiences you have. Even if it doesn't seem plausible, at least you would have shared it and this alone sometimes feels like a heavy weight has been lifted.

Good luck.

edit on 9/3/13 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I'm sure one day I'll feel like sharing, and when I do it will definitely be on ATS. I think it's hard to tell other people something when I still can't even comprehend it myself. Though reading other's experiences definitely helps!

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Sadly, even those who do get photographic evidence have the 'faked', 'photoshopped' and 'Chinese lantern' labels thrown at them. I suppose there are always going to be naysayers who wouldn't believe it even if a giant spaceship landed in their garden and an alien popped in for a coffee.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I think that's a great question.
I think most people don't tell others if they have a sighting, and the more unusual the sighting the less likely they would tell any one.

During my sighting all I could think about was getting someone's, anyone's attention. I knew it would have sent me nuts if I was the only witness, and I'm sure I wouldn't have told anyone.

My dad recently had a sighting and he only told me because he knows I believe, he said he wouldn't tell anyone else.

And where I live (rural Australia) people are very down to earth, tough farming kind. I know that the majority of peeps here wouldn't tell a soul.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Without any evidence what-so-ever (excluding recollection)?

I think, regardless what happened, no one would take you serious without evidence. Most people would think you are one of 'those' people - not all there between the ears. Some would think you are an outright liar and others would think you are a joker and can't be taken serious.

That's why I would say... "Absolutely!!", I would tell everyone that shows the least bit of interest. You can never tell who else may have an experience like yours, but have been too nervous to tell anyone. Your openess may give them the confidence to speak up and that could snowball into a social trend of general acceptance for those who share their UFO stories.

You may even find someone who experienced the same thing you did, at the same time.

As-far-as the people who would choose to diminish your experience and have you look like a wack-o cookie with a peanut butter filling, they're actually a good thing. You will be able to easily identify those who are close minded, sleeping lemmings, and/or bullies. That sort of identifying property is not a bad alarm system to have.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join