It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If intelligent alien races existed, they would not come in contact with us due to our primitiveness

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
My theory is similar to zoo hypothesis, which states that highly advanced extraterrestrial life exists yet does not contact life on Earth in order to allow for its natural evolution and development.

I personally believe in aliens, but I believe that they do not come in contact with us due to our primitiveness.

Let us consider a situation :

A peaceful alien race tries to come into contact with humankind.

What would happen?

I am 100% sure that we would not be peaceful. The fear of something so outside our views, would make governments start a war or try to destroy them. Our minds are conditioned to believe that everybody wants something, especially materialistically. I believe a good example would be Joker from the Dark Knight. Whatever were his motives, it was too outside the box thinking for everybody that he does not want money. The fact that someone does something just to do it without any materialistic motives behind is considered crazy by most people and outside our understanding.

If aliens were peaceful we would be too sceptical against them and rather destroy them than try to co-operate with them, even if they were more advanced technologically and everything because of pure fear.

That is the reason behind my theory.

Even if they existed, they would rather watch us (that means some of the theories about found or seen UFOs might be true), but the contact is not even in question, at least for now.
edit on 8-3-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
They would only have to weigh up the pollution we have created and the diseases on this planet to give us a very wide berth - if they have not already done so.
I would very much doubt any extra-terrestrials would want to land on this planet as we have treated it like it belonged to somebody else for the past century at least. There would be every chance (should they have the power to do so) that they would destroy us and leave the planet to return to it's original state.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

Agreed.

It is the same as with us watching dangerous predators in the wild. We hide and cover, film them. We understand that they are no competition for us. We could easily exterminate all life on the planet if we wanted to. Yet they are still dangerous to an individual. So could the Aliens. Instead, we watch and document. It is something that comes from being evolved, as I'm sure they are since they travel through space.

Now, If you say..."how come they didn't make an official contact?"....well....why would they ? Did we make an official contact with the king of Rhinos or Elephants before we started documenting and reducing their numbers? No we didn't. We consider them dumb animals from our perspective. Alien perspective might not be all that different.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
maybe an alien race already knows that if the entire human race are not united in in some type of basic harmoney with each other, then it would be detrimental to them to even consider making some type of public contact. if we cannot settle our differences with each other, what would be the prospect of a harmonious interaction with an entirely different race of beings from another planet? we, simply as a whole, have not evolved enough
edit on 8-3-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
This assumes that an alien race has reached a state of self sufficiency that allows them the freedom to not interfere.

That is unlikely for a race of aliens who are traversing the universe into our neck of the woods. The only reason a race of beings capable of travelling the vast distances of space to get to us, would do so, would be, in my opinion, to extract resources.

This clearly is not the case.

So either they have indeed reached self sufficiency to the point that they can simply observe us without interference, or they're not here.

If we ever do make contact, you can most likely be guaranteed that they will consider us as natives and the resources we have as theirs for the taking... possibly even us included.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
We are more then likely just seeded here for cannon fodder to be used, harvested for their purpose of War or slaves. I am pretty sure we are looked upon like insects to be used as they see fit. The earth is just one big laboratory or research facility. Every so often they come grab a few of us to experiential on to test a new strand of DNA. Maybe they are looking to better themselves or are trying to create a formidable bio weapon out of us. Maybe we have to evolve to a point to where we are actually useful to them and that is why they keep messing with our DNA.

Just so many reasons, but to think they have our best interest at heart is well, I just don't buy it.
edit on 8-3-2013 by skorpius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Why make the assumption that just because a race of beings has reached a technological status that allows them interstellar travel, they are now also far more intelligent than we are, as well as morally and ethically superior? They could be, but it isn't a given.
Any number of factors and variables could contribute to a species no older than we are to master technology, and their planet faster than we have by thousands of years. They could even be younger than us.

It's just my opinion, and no more valid than your own theory, but I think we make far too many assumptions, and try to fit ET into our own limited thinking.
edit on 3/8/2013 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

if your theory is true then every origin story that references a god from some place else is false and all alien contact stories are false.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

Two of my children and I are lifelong abductees and in speaking from this view point it is hard to disagree with you more. What makes you believe they are a peaceful bunch of entities simply searching the cosmos? These bastards torture, test, and manipulate you into whatever their agenda is.

Thinking they are only a peaceful group of entities is extremely dangerous and will lead you into a life of slavery.

Rich

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Not knowing the possible motives or societal, religious or political organisational structures of technological ET life, it would be naive to presume anything of the sort.

There are myriad scenarios that are possible, here are a few that would contradict the premise that ET would steer clear of a primitive and aggressive Humanity:

1. Said ET deliberately seeks out a species like Humanity BECAUSE we are primitive and aggressive. We might be like looking in an historical mirror to certain ET species, a little like ourselves coming face to face with an ancient Roman Legion or Mongol horde of barbarians. Frightening, but invaluable to historians and the like...especially if those historians were safely hidden in a tank.

2. ET may never have known or experienced aggression or hostility or emotions which would evoke them in their own societies...they are mesmerized by the trait in Humanity and wish to learn more of this extraordinary condition.

3. ET may have had contact with many other developing species of a similar personality to Humans, and have learned that invariably, such species venture into space, and threaten the harmonious and peaceful coexistence built by many other, non-violent species, and so move to monitor and restrict species such as ours from taking too large a step, too soon.

4. ET may not be interested in Humanity at all...they may be more interested in Earth Bacteria or other microbes, or simply plant life. Humanity being the top technological dog on the block, but still comparitively primitive to ET, may not impress them as much as the ability of extremophiles to survive their environments.

We cannot make any conclusions, with only assumptions to go on.

edit on 8-3-2013 by MysterX because: added text

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
This is all blatant assumption based on your own socio-economic-cultural-homocentric perspective on the universe.

In a near infinite universe, there's near infinite possibility for variability.
In just a simply overwhelmingly vast universe, there's still overwhelmingly vast possibility for variation.

Any possibility for any alien contact is just as diverse as any and every work of science fiction literature and film.

Aliens could show up to:
eat us
use us for slave labor
annex us
destroy the planet to make way for an interstellar highway project
use us for gestation hosts
conquer us
ask us for help
sponsor us into making contact with a greater galactic community
sell us the equivalent of beads, mirrors and liquor and other relatively worthless swag in exchange for resources we really don't know the true value of.
gang-press us as cannon fodder into an intergalactic war that has nothing to do with us
use us for lab rats

or anything imaginable.

Taking any narrow approach to reasoning is just that; narrow reasoning.
There's nothing wrong with that as far as taking a narrow viw of things goes, but, it's the least objective on discussing a topic where we have zero data on what any real aliens might be like, or if there are any in existence such that we'll ever make contact.

Thus, any and every science fiction movie or work of literature portraying an alien species is just as possible as anything anyone else wants to cook, or kook up.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oouthere
reply to post by Cabin

Two of my children and I are lifelong abductees and in speaking from this view point it is hard to disagree with you more. What makes you believe they are a peaceful bunch of entities simply searching the cosmos? These bastards torture, test, and manipulate you into whatever their agenda is.

Thinking they are only a peaceful group of entities is extremely dangerous and will lead you into a life of slavery.

Rich

Do you have any evidence of your experiences, anything at all?

Motion activated video cameras in your rooms, overlooking the four sides of your home linked to a motion activated PVR system, things like that?

I would have thought you'd have quite a library over a lifetime of being abducted, and the relatively small cost of installing a high spec surveillance system would be irrelavent compared to being and seeing your children tortured over a lifetime...

I'd love to see some of your film.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

Assuming that ETs exist and possess the technology for interstellar travel is one thing, assuming them to be more intelligent or to be morally and ethically superior is something else. There will always be those who invent wondrous technology as we have seen in human existence, but those people are not the norm, nor are they always of high moral compass. So if we accept the fact that aliens exist we could also hypothesize that there will be those among them who may have a penchance for invention. That would not mean that ALL of them would necessarily be so intelligent or inventive nor would it mean that they were morally superior.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

sell us the equivalent of beads, mirrors and liquor and other relatively worthless swag in exchange for resources we really don't know the true value of.

Quite so.

For all we know, MUD might be one of the most valuable commodities in the Universe...and ET comes across a planet they even call EARTH!

Wow..jackpot!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
They are just waiting on us to dig up the remaining gold on the planet, "Gold Rush" is their favorite show!!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cabin

I personally believe in aliens, but I believe that they do not come in contact with us due to our primitiveness.

I think there is a very real possibility that extra terrestrials that have come here are simply not interested in trying to contact us. Whatever the motivation might be, speaking with humans is just not a priority.

Neil deGrasse Tyson has a theory about why we haven't made contact with alien life. I could be that we, as a species, are not intelligent enough to be interesting.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Even from a human point of view; if I came here in a spaceship from a highly advanced civilization and happened to stumble upon Earth and Humanity as the apex of evolution on the planet, I would most likely have a quick look, reflect upon which condition human society was in and as it stands today I would be quite turned off and definitely not make contact. It would be like sticking my hand in a bee hive and waving it around for good manners sake.

And that's from a peaceful human perspective.

If I had come from an alien civilization which had evolved through dictatorship and tyranny, completely lacking empathy and notion of love; well; either I would have eradicated Humanity and claimed ownership of Earth or I would infiltrat human society, have a little fun and claim dominion over the human species and enjoy my new kingdom.

Or, if I was enormous in comparison to humans, like a blue whale to an ant for example... Or even planetary sized (!) then Earth wouldn't be of much interest.

Who knows what is out there?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
This assumes that an alien race has reached a state of self sufficiency that allows them the freedom to not interfere.

That is unlikely for a race of aliens who are traversing the universe into our neck of the woods. The only reason a race of beings capable of travelling the vast distances of space to get to us, would do so, would be, in my opinion, to extract resources.

This clearly is not the case.

So either they have indeed reached self sufficiency to the point that they can simply observe us without interference, or they're not here.

If we ever do make contact, you can most likely be guaranteed that they will consider us as natives and the resources we have as theirs for the taking... possibly even us included.

Or intelligent aliens exist, and they're not technologically advanced enough to get to us. Perhaps though they're advanced enough to know we exist. Or maybe they're deliberately staying away from us.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ABeing

You could also reason if they were here, they would say "wow. they really need help." And then help us.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

If intelligent alien races existed, they would not come in contact with us due to our primitiveness

From every logical avenue of approach, that makes sense. The human race has nothing to offer by way of contact and if it's the planet they wanted, we could be exterminated fairly easily by any species smart enough to transverse interstellar space.

This why I think that there is a truth to all of it... perhaps from ancient Sumerian beliefs, modern religion or any combination. In a nutshell, humanity is not 'natural' to this planet in that we did not evolve to what we are today naturally.

So, why would an alien species want to tinker with our DNA? What makes us so special?

Well, the first thing we have to do is to meld science with religion to appreciate that any god (or gods) and any set of angels are, almost by definition, extraterrestrial if not even extra-dimensional... or both. Where we get messed up is in our trends of belief. Currently, we can easily accept that ET may be out there but the moment you mention any religion, people get itchy and start attacking. They can't make that leap that connects the two.

What may make humanity 'special' is that we are the handy work of other hands. We are the outcome of thousands... maybe millions of years of labor. Why? Who knows? But it would explain UFOs and their ongoing attentions paid to us over the many millennia.

From this point, we might wonder if they didn't leave us any instructions to follow as we evolved... and if we take into account the messages left in nearly every religion of history, it is for us to flourish... to expand our species and from their, our understanding. We are also given lessons in how to behave... which we most often choose to ignore. That's another reason we deny faith... we don't like the rules set forth.

Maybe one day in our very distant past, we were created by a species so far advanced... we didn't know what else to call them, but gods. Or maybe gods are exactly what they were at the time. Gotta keep an open mind... if you don't, you might miss something important.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join