It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hefficide ....and all bacon lovers... bad Bacon news :(

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Bacon from New Zealand is safe and epic tasting!!!!

Manuka Honey marinaded bacon strips seem to defy physics in how good it tastes/ how healthy it is for you. Animals that have eaten the right types of food during there life and NOT given chemicals and steroids produce healthy necessary animal fat for the human diet.

Fat is good for you!!!!! (certain types)

Bullet Proof Coffee for the win! 50 grams of butter,1 tea spoon MCT oil, 3 TBS cold pressed coconut oil = Legendary

edit on 7-3-2013 by Mandrakerealmz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

That was awesome. I read it to my hubby and he gave it a standing O.

Now I'm going to say something controversial...turkey bacon.

Oh No you DIn't! [insert headbobing back and forth]

ETA: Oscar Mayer Turkey Bacon - Smoke Cured

Ingredients: TURKEY, WATER, SALT, SUGAR, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF SODIUM LACTATE, CANOLA OIL, SODIUM DIACETATE, SODIUM PHOSPHATES, SMOKE FLAVOR, SODIUM ASCORBATE, AUTOLYZED YEAST EXTRACT, SODIUM NITRITE, DEXTROSE, SOY LECITHIN. CONTAINS: SOY.
Size: 12 OZ
Upc: 7187154860

EW!! Ptooiii

edit on 7/3/13 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Processed meat is bad for you?!!

Damn..

So I have to grow my own pigs now and .. what's the word when you want to perform a series of mechanical or chemical operations in order to change or preserve them? Process, that's right! I'll have to process them on my own.

Hang on..

as if you're getting meat in store bought sausages anyway.. lol

edit on 7-3-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

They have demonized sex, alcohol, music, literacy, science, medicine... everything that makes life better or fun. Listen to my words, as we will NEVER let them win this battle. Bacon will not be slighted by the few who wish to exercise their dominion upon the masses. We will revel in our bacon based freedoms. We will never surrender our greasy, tasty, pork based pleasures to the bureaucratic demons who seek to hold us back.

For some reason, I keep visualizing Daryl making this speech, while hefting a barbeque fork, and with half his face painted blue....

"They may take our lives....but they will never take....OUR BACON!"

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I dont care......

I will smoke, drink and eat as much bacon as I damn well please. I am tired of all the "health concerns" coming from the same people making my life so stressful and convoluted that I drink and smoke more.

Do you, leave us alone.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

My great grandfather ate either bacon, sausage or ham with his breakfast each and every morning of his life (as well as drank coffee and smoked). He died one day shy of his 101st birthday. If that is what you call dying early I think I will take my chances!`

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I've tried to stay natural, but have bought milk, bacon, eggs and such from the farmers market. All supposedly organic.

Then I started buying directly from the dairy and farmers, which is a lot more expensive as well. There is a taste difference. And it varies from lot to lot.

At first, the temptation was to go back to the farmers market and then it dawned on me that the farmers’ market produce tasted much like the grocery stores stuff. But was pricier.

But when it comes to the bacon. None better! It’ll always have a place in my freezer.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Homemade bacon is such a treat! You won't regret the time spent for one second.
We made up a batch a couple of months ago, I might have to pull some out of the freezer for this weekend, Thanks.
We are building a smokehouse this year, so we can make more, mmmmmmm.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodsmom

Homemade bacon is such a treat! You won't regret the time spent for one second.
We made up a batch a couple of months ago, I might have to pull some out of the freezer for this weekend, Thanks.
We are building a smokehouse this year, so we can make more, mmmmmmm.

Ahem......please keep Granny in mind when you get close to finishing the smoking process.
Numma numma!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I can do that!

How about fish? We get tons of salmon every year. We even caught 8 dolly varden and trout last weekend.

The bacon is by far the best though, some friends of ours have made it for years. They got us addicted, and we actually made ours at their house. I can make more once we have our own smokehouse though.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Absolutely love this post! Best I have seen so far! Actually laughed out loud on this. Kids think I am nuts but fantastic post ThinkingCap. =)

reply to post by TrueBrit

LOL Power tools or hammers! Gotta watch out for the hammers. =P

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I just had to post this little pic, saw it today and it reminded me of this post.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Living long is overrated, additionally is life without bacon life? Some things should not even be contemplated!! Live without bacon NOOOOOO!

Turkey bacon is not bacon and probably should not be food, for humans anyway, heresy, turkey bacon!
edit on 9-3-2013 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Ahhh yes, pork. Natures most delicious vegetable. See vegans, veggies are bad for you eat beef instead!!!

You can have my bacon when you pry it from my cold dead hands!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join