It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Developments for next The 'Big One' SoCal on San Andreas Fault Line!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
For now it's more of 250 small EQ's - aftershocks ..

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
It seems like there should be more 3's. Maybe I'm wrong. There has been a lot of pressure released today, but was it enough? I hope so.

I noticed the States here in the US and even in the Gulf are having minor eq's lately. I can't remember (if past two years) when the last, although small, happened in the Gulf of Mexico.

Time will tell, I guess, when we know for sure if these are aftershocks.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Now for something a little strange of this. When the OP posted to the link for the Drudge Report, I went back and looked at. I eventually went to the link about prepping for two weeks. Link.

The first thing I noticed was the "Time" it was posted, which if you look at the link, it was at
"March 11, 2013 8:24 AM." Wasn't the bigger one they had yesterday early in the morning, but after that time?

The other thing I noticed had to do with the actual article. I just found the lead in curious :

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — People from Los Angeles to Tokyo have been gathering to honor the victims of the devastating earthquake and tsunami that struck Japan two years ago.
If you read on you will realize the gathering actually took place the day before on Sunday.

Reading down further it gets to the people should be prepared part and then is closes with this:

Residents in Tokyo on Monday, meanwhile, stood in silence at 2:46 p.m., the very moment the magnitude-9.0 quake struck on March 11, 2011, and wiped out entire coastal communities along with triggering a tsunami that caused three reactors to meltdown at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant.

I know its all kind of silly really, but I just found or should I say heard, the Twilight Zone theme song going off in my head with the "Timings" of it all. Just found it curious i and thought I'd share

Link for Article

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

We had the same sort of article appear in The Seattle Times yesterday. One paragraph stood out enough for me to save it aside to discuss it with my boyfriend (I've been through a disaster and he understands that I wish to be prepared for a seismic event that is very possible in this area). The paragraph said:

One lesson that emerged from the analyses is that the current advice to stock up on enough water and food to last three days is laughable, Yu said, "You need to prepare for at least two weeks."

The article was informative. It spelled at what sort of things that can be expected after "the big one." The infrastructure could be devastated and residents shouldn't count on fresh water, food, sewers, phones, internet, bridges, etc.

It made me wonder about why they were talking about doom but then I realized that we were one day away from an awful anniversary.

I'm sure that the two-year anniversary of the Japanese earthquake led to many, many newspapers along the west coast offering similar information either on Sunday (very high circulation day) or on the actual anniversary date of Monday.
edit on 12-3-2013 by WillowWisp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by WillowWisp

O.K. - WAY out there - I've been watching for 3/11/13, due to the crescent moon and the mishaps that just happen to coincide with the crescent moon and the false flags by the elites. Can they make earthquakes? If I lived in SoCal, I'd be watching the Louisiana sink hole catastrophe happening.

Any way, Not much on the MSM about these quakes in CA. Are people really preparing themselves? Can anyone tell me if californians are spooked?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by WillowWisp

O.K. - WAY out there - I've been watching for 3/11/13, due to the crescent moon and the mishaps that just happen to coincide with the crescent moon and the false flags by the elites. Can they make earthquakes? If I lived in SoCal, I'd be watching the Louisiana sink hole catastrophe happening.

Any way, Not much on the MSM about these quakes in CA. Are people really preparing themselves? Can anyone tell me if californians are spooked?

I'm leaning in the direction that the sun and moon do have an affect on our planet's tectonics, if even only a minor effect. False flags and elites though...I'm just not convinced. Not yet at least but I do honestly doubt that I'd ever be able to give up thinking and rationale to get to the point where I would be able to give due consideration to those factors. I'm just too stubborn. I hope that people in SoCal are watching Bayou Corne, too.

I'm sure that the news stations that have viewers who are affected by the quakes are airing stories and information that are important to their viewers. Local events usually earn local coverage.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
s&F

much grx

5.2 few minutes ago

Could excess wastewater (population & consumption overload) and/or excavation (ie, widespread bulldozing, fracking, seepage) contribute to increase in quakes/intensity, somehow?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Bumping this thread because it is of great interest to me.

Several weeks ago I posted my concern about a large quake (tsunami) during THIS time but it is and was based on a "feeling" ... my Dad & Step Mom are on a two week cruise to Hawaii and when they told me they were going I just got this sinking feeling.

The only other time I had that feeling was before the Japan earthquake and told my husband that a BIG earthquake was about to happen and it was going to be very bad. It came out of left field and even I was shocked when it happened so when I got this feeling again it scared me. The fact my Dad & Stepmom are out in the middle of the ocean and these minor earthquakes are happening is spooking me.
They left on March 9th and come back on the 23rd so this morning I was reading over on The Extinction Protocol and Alvin said this ...

The planet has now entered a window of elevated risks for a major earthquake to strike somewhere on the planet from now, through March 23, 2013.

That spooked me even more!

I just hope and pray that there is no large quake and I can just say it was a silly feeling.

I have been keeping an eye on the LA Quake Cam

abclocal.go.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by KamaSutra

You remand me to write something about possible tsunami in California ..

Some articles and seismologist pointing that possible big tsunami and EQ offshore in this area is unlikely to happen, think this is wrong and area have much possibility for possible dangerously big and devastating tsunami ..

Big earthquake inevitable in California but tsunami unlikely, says seismologist

LOS ANGELES, March 17 (Xinhua) - A big earthquake is expected to hit California sooner or later from now till the next 30 years, but it is unlikely to trigger devastating tsunami similar to what happened in Japan, says a seismologist at California Institute of Technology (Caltech) Seismological Laboratory.
The seismologist said if the San Andreas fault erupts, it is unlikely to trigger devastating tsunami.

Kate Hutton, a staff seismologist at Caltech Seismological Laboratory, told Xinhua in an interview Thursday that based on the research by seismologists, a big earthquake will happen in California in the next 30 years. But it is hard to tell when it will happen. It could happen in a year or in 30 years.

Hutton said scientists have not been able to predict earthquakes. No one has predicted the Japan earthquake, and no one can predict when and where the next big earthquake will happen.

According to Hutton, there is no way to predict the earthquake for a short time like weather forecast, but based on long years of research, scientists can make long time predictions.

The reason, she explained, is that devastating tsunami in Japan was triggered by a big earthquake under the sea, but "The Big One" as people were talking about in California is an inland earthquake, which is far away from the ocean and would have little chance to trigger devastating tsunami.

According to Hutton, "The Big One" could be as strong as eight- magnitude, but she did not believe it would be as big as nine-magnitude.

According to California State Geologist John Parrish, California, unlike Japan, does not have a subduction zone -- a fault where one plate slides under another in an earthquake -- off its coast. The thrusting motion under the sea was what generated the 40-foot tsunami seen in Japan.

Here is tsunami inundation map for California, here you can find some information about area where you live ..

The Channel Islands of California were hit by a big tsunami in the early 1800s, also dangerous coastal area of San Diego, San Francisco and of course Eureka ..

The South Bay region with the Santa Monica Bay at its western edge has over 750,000 residents with some 30% of this populace living in low lying areas ..

www.conservation.ca.gov...

www.quake.ca.gov...

www.cityofinglewood.org...

edit on 12-3-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I am in So Cal basically right on top of the San Andreas fault. I didn't feel the quake yesterday. too far away, and didn't even know about it until reading this thread this morning. Granted, I did not watch the news yesterday.

So, if you go by me and the people I dealt with yesterday, no, we are not phased by any recent earthquakes or worried. Not to say that we shouldn't be, just that it is not being pushed in the media around here as a big concern.

I am born and raised here, so I take quakes in stride. We are all of the opinion that we are overdue for a big one in L.A. area, but most are not going to move and change their lives for a one day catastrophe that may or may not directly affect oneself. That would be like everyone in the midwest moving because their home might one day be hit by a tornado.

Still, I am interested, and honestly when me and my family bought our homeover a decade ago, we did not realize how extremely close we were to the San Andreas. If a big one hits in the lower middle of that fault, you won't be hearing from me for a while, I'd imagine.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by WillowWisp

reply to post by onehuman

We had the same sort of article appear in The Seattle Times yesterday. One paragraph stood out enough for me to save it aside to discuss it with my boyfriend (I've been through a disaster and he understands that I wish to be prepared for a seismic event that is very possible in this area). The paragraph said:

One lesson that emerged from the analyses is that the current advice to stock up on enough water and food to last three days is laughable, Yu said, "You need to prepare for at least two weeks."

I am not in the area of the but I have in-laws and family near the Portland area. I told them last year they should have supplies in case of earthquake and they laughed at me. One responded that they hadn't seen anything in the paper. Well maybe the Oregonian had something cause after getting laughed at I decided to heck with them.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackPhoenix

Hmmm... I wonder why Alvin said that? I guess I will check out this site to see if he goes in depth as to why??

Is it a feeling? I have had this feeling before, however nothing happened. One day this feeling will be correct? I am hoping the west coast stays safe and at least gives people time to prepare.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Some info about also very dangerous Cascadia megathrust fault ..

Tsunami inundation maps published for the State of Washington (DNR)

www.dnr.wa.gov...

www.oregongeology.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

Do you find it is too quiet today? Should there not be some 3's coming in from California or do you think the pressure has been released and its found equilibrium?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Do you find it is too quiet today? Should there not be some 3's coming in from California or do you think the pressure has been released and its found equilibrium?

EQ was around M 5.0 and no it's not necessary to have this M 3.0 also if the earthquake was to fault line ..

Pressure is present there from long time ago, also can't be relesed in M 5.0 + or even in M 6.0 + ..

Locked area of fault lines are very complicated here but and I already wrote about that, of course dear mo0n I will post if something need to be posted or similar ..

It's all expected there nothing too unusual for now only some frequent lower EQ's all over fault line ..

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Ok..... I will take that and hope for the best for the West Coast.

There is a site, below that predicts a Japan Quake tomorrow. What are your thoughts?

www.quakeprediction.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Ok..... I will take that and hope for the best for the West Coast.

There is a site, below that predicts a Japan Quake tomorrow. What are your thoughts?

www.quakeprediction.com...

EQ was only around M 5.0, I wait like I post EQ around M 6.0 or M 6.2 to see or to know more info about situation there ..

That prediction site is not interesting to me, there are repeating all time to dangerous area for SoCal and Japan to time EQ come also I have them on tweeter so monitoring them from long time ago, last months they are always prediction California earthquake and some ohh my "guarantee" EQ's ..

Here you can read history .. twitter.com...

About possible dangerous time for tomorrow I already posted it's dangerous time for this days, we had a M 6.7 and one more stronger EQ will probably happen ..

When someone post very specific area for me that nonsense but they are repeating so probable they will be accurate sometimes also all time is prediction for Japan and SoCal where most interested population has so don't like that too ..

For me that's attracting attention also for "guarantee" prediction what is absolutely BS for me, I can make every days prediction for all worldwide dangerous area but that will be nonsense also or find thousands followers on tweeter with repeating and posting non stop, but I don't work like that that's not good first need to be accurate after come in public I use tweeter only to find fast info ..

No need to work like that, important is find time or 2-3 days in advance for EQ of M 7.0+ in more of 80% other is not that important for me of course location is important, even blind chicken sometimes finds a grain and today too many people predicting EQ's ..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is only person what is enough accurate for me and I like what he doing, think he use in calculation only some 40 % of influences what I think can produce or cause strong EQ, I know for my friend coming greatest EQ prediction etc, we all learning so it's will better and better in future ..

I also know that he does not give all the cards on the table and that's good, I will do same in future because many many reasons ..

He is good person also have something in the depths of him and that's is one of most important things to predict "accurate" EQ's, brain and knowledge is nothing without "that" ..

www.youtube.com...

You use my time to explanation also I'm not good in that and you know that
, I must go now next time I will post what I have in my mind before your questions dear mo0m and sry for my writing i'm in hurry now see ya ..

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
M3.5 - 19km ESE of Anza, California 2013-03-13 04:21:13 UTC

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Really don't know what are you watching mo0m, read all tweets for Japan it's non-stop warning in last year also ..

That what he posting on site for 13 it's every day the same, when that day pass he post for another 14 or 14-15 and again and again etc ..

It's call spamming not even close to EQ's prediction or accurate prediction etc ..

Everyone can post for Japan same repeating BS because there is very active area, in 10-15 shots he got one accurate so you really think that is interesting, think probably you will get more accurate prediction from that history ..

And please don't ask me what is not important anymore i tell that same to my wife
all the time, just don't have time for explanation etc ..

twitter.com...
edit on 13-3-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPhoenix
M3.5 - 19km ESE of Anza, California 2013-03-13 04:21:13 UTC

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Thank you, nothing unusual for now ..

Magnitude 3.5
Date-Time

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 04:21:13 UTC
Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 09:21:13 PM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 33.512°N, 116.475°W