It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.A. already planning to invade Canada

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Hmm, biggest bonfire in the world? or a thousand Bush mini me's? I think Ill have to go with the kids

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Curious, there's presently a miniseries called H20 playing on CBC TV... in which there's a vast conspiracy (including the assassination of the Prime Minister) to actually draw water from James Bay, the Great Lakes and the rivers on the 49th parallel to feed the American breadbasket heartland...

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Otts, thanks for the link. I wasn't aware of the series.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
You guys just want our beer don't ya!!!! ;-)

In a word?
Yes.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
HOLY SCHNIKES!!!

What's that medal beneath my avatar???

ThomasCrowne - right now I'm so surprised to see that medal I might even send you a case of Moosehead

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
But look, Sensfan, I deal in logic and fact (which pisses the heck out of most liberals), and the fact is, the majority of our beer is a total waste of good water.
Considering this, can you blame us? We are suffering from a beer crisis, and drastic measures are necessary.
There is nothing wrong with going to war for oil, and there is also nothing wrong with going to war for good beer.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
But look, Sensfan, I deal in logic and fact (which pisses the heck out of most liberals), and the fact is, the majority of our beer is a total waste of good water.
Considering this, can you blame us? We are suffering from a beer crisis, and drastic measures are necessary.
There is nothing wrong with going to war for oil, and there is also nothing wrong with going to war for good beer.

Quit drinking Red White and Blue, and start drinking Killians Red
Much better than the rest

Otts, way to go you pissed off wiccan

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
WOW! I've heard some crazy crap on ATS but this takes it!

The United States Of America invading the Dominion of Canada? Only if the war is written by Mike Moore and stars John Candy! HAHA Remember, the Hacker Hellstorm is mounted in the CN Tower and it's illegal to use Omega Force against white people.

(In case you missed the joke, Moore made a comedy named "Canadian Baccon" where the US gets into a war with Canada)

Okay, okay, joking aside:

The United States has a freshwater supply that most other nations would kill for, the great lakes? the Mississippi/Ohio river system? America has enough water to last a LONG time. Besides it'd be a hell of a lot cheaper to build desalinization plants than to invade Canada.

Sorry buddy, I think you should read up on your enviromental dynamics before you let your fears run wild.

The only American "invasion" that I've heard of is that of new college grads from Upstate New York and Michigan to get the jobs in Ontario, and I'll tell you the most threatening thing about that is the international proliferation of the Roots clothing company.

May Peace Travel With You
~Astral

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexofSkye
Otts, thanks for the link. I wasn't aware of the series.

I don't usually care that much for what the CBC or Radio-Canada churns out these days in terms of dramatics. But those who have access to CBC, I strongly recommend you watch it. It's incredibly well done and I was riveted to the sofa.

Part 2 airs tomorrow Monday at 8PM ET.

I sure hope they re-air it during the season.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Well, actually, Astral, we are sucking those resources pretty heavily, as those who have studied notice.

It would be much cheaper and easier to invade the French part of Canada than to build desalinization plants. Sorry, I couldn't resist. And neither can the French.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   

hehe this is the funniest thing I ahd read yet today. Why invade? We can just take it

i agree. canadians wouldnt put up too much of a fight. i read somewhere that the canadians budget for their military is about as much $ as our video game devolpers overall budet for creating games. but consiidering how cool games are these days that might be a lot. but other than fresh water, why would we want canada?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
densenuo - you're really looking for friends, aren't you?

Tell you what... I know this thread is just for fun, but I will say this... we may not have a big budget for the military, but if we were invaded, I would fight. Oh, I'd probably be killed in the process, but I'd take a few of the invaders with me. The more the merrier.

As I said... just for fun.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Can we go back to the beer jokes? That was more entertaining
Canada has a contingent of secret stealth ninja supersoldier marine snipers! You better watch what you say, Otts, is one of them
Oh, sorry Otss , didnt mean to blow your cover

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
There was a show on National Geographic tonight that was talking about
freshwater shortage in the next decade as currently only 2% of water onthe planet is drinkable... anyway just thought I would add that

geo

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Kidfinger - you betcha, I'm lethal! Sometimes I even have THREE beers in a row!

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
Kidfinger - you betcha, I'm lethal! Sometimes I even have THREE beers in a row!

Have you been dancing with that smart ass Labats Bear agian

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Would you be surprised to find out that there is a larger fireams/population stat in Canada than the States.

BTW, why invade when you're winning the media wars. We actually care about YOUR election. What's up with that?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Kidfinger - you said the L-word!!!

That's as bad as Bud Light!

Which leads to the following dialogue every time I'm in the States:

Otts: This calls for a Bud Light!
Otts' girlfriend: Honey, nothing calls for a Bud Light.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   

By UnknownOrigins
now all you need to support your claim is some statistics saying that the rest of the world is going to need more fresh water soon then we can get a discussion going

Here you go. it's not that far out of the realms of possibility:

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/2949768.stm

After signing the 1979 peace treaty with Israel, Egyptian President Anwar Sadat said his nation will never go to war again, except to protect its water resources.

King Hussein of Jordan identified water as the only reason that might lead him to war with the Jewish state.

Former United Nations Secretary General Boutros Boutros-Ghali warned bluntly that the next war in the area will be over water.

From the same link:

Middle Eastern nations have resorted to force over issues less serious than water.

Since the Madrid conference in 1991, Palestine-Israel negotiations and the now frozen negotiations with Syria have always stumbled over the issue of sharing water.

With the Israeli army in control prohibiting Palestinians from pumping water, and settlers using much more advanced pumping equipment, Palestinians complain of "daily theft" of as much as 80% of their underground water.

Ariel Sharon went on record saying that the Six Day War started because Syrian engineers were working on diverting part of the water flow away from Israel.

"People generally regard 5 June 1967 as the day the Six-day war began,'' he said.

"That is the official date. But, in reality, it started two-and-a-half years earlier, on the day Israel decided to act against the diversion of the
Jordan.''

The future of fresh water supplies:

news.bbc.co.uk...

The present is dire: the future looks so grim it must be entirely unmanageable.

Cut it how you will, the picture that emerges from today's data and tomorrow's forecasts is so complex and appalling it can leave you feeling powerless.

The world cannot increase its supply of fresh water: all it can do is change the way it uses it.

Its population is going to go on increasing for some time before there is any prospect it will stabilise.

�Climate change will also have an effect on water - just what effect, though, nobody can really say.

Some regions will become drier, some wetter. Deserts may well spread and rivers shrink, but floods will also become more frequent.

Most of the world's water is already inaccessible, or comes in the form of storms and hurricanes to the wrong places at the wrong times.

EDIT: messed up links.

[edit on 31-10-2004 by kegs]

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Otts,

So you dont like Labatts? Try killians, thats good stuff
Im not a drinker, but on the occasion that I do, its what I prefer

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join