It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.A. already planning to invade Canada

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The u.s. is already planning to invade Canada because in the near future there will be a massive shortage of fresh water in most countries. Canada has the largest quantity of fresh water in the world. Therefore, the u.s. will invade Canada to satisfy their water demands just like when they invaded Iraq to satisfy their oil demand.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Where is your proof? Links? Anything? Or is this just an opinion?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BirdsEyeView
The u.s. is already planning to invade Canada because in the near future there will be a massive shortage of fresh water in most countries. Canada has the largest quantity of fresh water in the world. Therefore, the u.s. will invade Canada to satisfy their water demands just like when they invaded Iraq to satisfy their oil demand.

hehe this is the funniest thing I ahd read yet today. Why invade? We can just take it

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
For water?
:

Maybe for bacon, but water? Come on. Give the facts.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Maybe water that's been turned into beer, but just water? Please. If we did that, then we would have to convert their currency to ours, talk about a boondoggle for Canada.

I think the proper diplomatic solution is to annex Canada.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Dont forget about the freshwater reserves in Alaska. We wouldnt need to invade Canada.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
do you have any links pertaining to this?
numbers of just how much fresh water is in Canada?

or is this just your guess
either way, more info is welcomed

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
You guys just want our beer don't ya!!!! ;-)

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Well, I live in Canada and I'm not shaking in my boots just yet. The US hasn't invaded yet us for our oil, minerals, timber, farmland or fish. Why would they do so for water? They'll just buy it, like they do all of the above.

Doesn't make any sense for another reason: Canada is the US' single largest market. I think American business interests would take a very dim view of the disruption to their markets this would cause.

Besides, where else are American seniors going to get their cheap drugs and flu shots? You need an independent Canada more than you think.

And I'll tell you one more thing: if you guys invade, Celine Dionne and Shania Twain will never do another Superbowl intermission show for you. If that doesn't make you think twice, I don't know what will.

link   
Interesting thought but I would love to know how you came to this conclusion.

link   
I'm hoping he posted this as a joke and doesnt really mean it.

It sounds like a joke.

link   
I do not beleive that Canada has the largest supply of fresh water. Unless Hudson bay is fresh water (It might be im not sure) And the US could control all of Lake Superior if it wanted to.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   

The US hasn't invaded yet us for our oil, minerals, timber, farmland or fish. Why would they do so for water? They'll just buy it, like they do all of the above.

Timber? lol Need some wood?

hmm... Making sense. Bush owns Oil company at one time. Invades iraq for oil. Now bush owns Timber company. Invades Canada for the wood.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Here are some statistics on the amount of fresh water in Canada

www.ec.gc.ca...

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Great Birdseyeview, now what about the links to support an invasion? Is this another halloween joke?
In other words, there are some of us here that are skeptical about your claim without further proof.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
now all you need to support your claim is some statistics saying that the rest of the world is going to need more fresh water soon then we can get a discussion going

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
A little common sense, please. Gathering a meaningful amount of Canada's water from millions of lakes across a vast territory, and then getting it to where needed would be a massive, hugely expensive engineering project. And then there's the horrendous recurring cost of pumping it around.

The US would be much farther ahead by investing in water conservation and waste-water recovery.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Sorry, Thatoneguy. We're fresh out of wood. I burned the last of it in my fireplace tonight while giving out candy to kids in George Bush masks.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexofSkye
Sorry, Thatoneguy. We're fresh out of wood. I burned the last of it in my fireplace tonight while giving out candy to kids in George Bush masks.

Holy crap! That must have been the most frightening thing you ever saw!

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
You're right, Kidfinger. Burning our nation's entire supply of wood in one night just to keep it out of foreign hands created a truly frightening blaze. Or were you referring to the kids?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join