It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hangover 3 poster: it all ends

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Have you guys seen the new poster for Hangover 3? There is a blatant phrase at the top reading "IT ALL ENDS" and in the background is a city, what looks like Las Vegas (not too sure though, is there a sphinx in Vegas?). The weird thing is that the city is on fire and looks like it is under some kind of an attack. This wouldn't be too strange if it wasn't a comedy movie.

Part of me thinks that this may be an effective marketing technique (certainly works if I am making a topic about it). And part of me thinks that this is a clue that is hidden in plain sight. This is something that a lot of people will see and and because it will be buried in so many people's subconsciousness, it will be easier for a disaster to manifest itself.. if you know what I mean.

What do you think?

edit on 6-3-2013 by frozenspark because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by frozenspark
Have you guys seen the new poster for Hangover 3? There is a blatant phrase at the top reading "IT ALL ENDS" and in the background is a city, what looks like Las Vegas (not too sure though, is there a sphinx in Vegas?). The weird thing is that the city is on fire and looks like it is under some kind of an attack. This wouldn't be too strange if it wasn't a comedy movie.

Part of me thinks that this may be an effective marketing technique (certainly works if I am making a topic about it). And part of me thinks that this is a clue that is hidden in plain sight. This is something that a lot of people will see and and because it will be buried in so many people's subconsciousness, it will be easier for a disaster to manifest itself.. if you know what I mean.

What do you think?

Looks like someone is getting a roofie and taking out Vegas.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

What do you think?

I believe the sphinx in Vegas is the Luxor Hotel. I think you're reading too much into a poster which is only promoting a comedy movie.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Well if the second installment of the hangover is anything to go by, (even the first for that matter) the third will be a complete disaster thats not worth the ticket price.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
yea, i felt the second one wasn't necessary. let alone a third one. im sure they will try to make it more action/comedy. at least, thats what it looks like from the poster

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Yes it is Las Vegas. I don't know about any hidden meaning I imagine it is as stated and they are just referring to the end of a supposed trilogy. I do hope that they actually took the time to write a script for this movie unlike the 2nd movie which was practically a carbon copy of the first.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I know that "it all ends" means the end of the trilogy, literally, but those who study occult know about the art of double speak and hiding messages in plain sight. Not that I am very well versed in the occult, but I know enough to at least know that.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I know that it all ends means the end of the trilogy, literally, but those who study occult know about the art of double speak and hiding messages for the future right in plain sight. Not that I am very well versed in the occult, but I know enough to at least know that.

It's a good observation no doubt about it, but the placement seems a little odd.

Most will dismiss it as simply marketing but I can see what you're saying especially if you string it with other movies and that type of message.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
It's a joke based on this Harry Potter poster

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Hey, that IS cute now seeing the original poster they spoofed it from.

I'll say they were creative anyway. Looks perfect for what people say is a comedy? (The only hangover I know is what I used to get after drinking too much....call me the non-movie type.)

edit on 6-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by frozenspark

Is it weird that it is on Memorial Day and it has an American facing off vs a man of Asian decent?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Also notice that in the background are what appear to be Las Vegas reconstructions of the Eiffel Tower, the Sphinx, Big Ben.

EDIT: Also, something very strange I noticed. Maybe this is simply pareidolia, but did anybody notice what appears to be a person's lower face, upside down, near the bottom of the image?

edit on 6-3-2013 by FollowTheWhiteRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I know that "it all ends" means the end of the trilogy, literally, but those who study occult know about the art of double speak and hiding messages in plain sight. Not that I am very well versed in the occult, but I know enough to at least know that.

Because people that don't study the occult don't know about the art of doublespeak and hiding messages?
Seriously, their are plenty of things to find conspiracies in.
I am not sure the poster to the last movie in a comedy trilogy is the place to see one.
Then again, I don't study the occult!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Another thing I noticed. Underneath the Asian man's chin, is something clearly circular, and apparently very large.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
It's a very elaborate poster about the coming war with N. Korea. The fat man represents America, and the asian man Korea. Las Vegas is going to be the first target of Korean ICBMs (As represented by the tower thing in the middle) The people that have made the movie are in the know when it comes to ties with international affairs. They do know what will happen in the coming months.

I would advise staying away from Las Vegas at all costs. It will soon become a nuclear waste zone, something similar to the video game called "Fallout: New Vegas"

Now we must take OP's incredible find and send it to the white house, I am glad ATS' crack team of investigators were able to spot this warning from a movie poster before millions of lives were lost, Great job Gentlemen!

Ok now, sarcasm aside......This is a parody of the last movie poster for Harry Potter... Great find OP haven't really laughed good all day!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Well if we're going with the whole symbolism thing, let's not forget that the Eiffel Tower is clearly pictured there in Vegas, right in the middle, to the left of something that looks Big Ben-ish. Just a little food for thought/fodder for debate. If you're going to include a theory, might as well analyze the whole thing and tie it together.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

PLease, stop studying occult things.

You are going crazy.

god almighty...

Oh no, 2013? earths rotation? why would they spend so much on the effects for this made up movie? And it happens 3 times? I mean, 3 is an occult number, and you all know about how the occult doublespeak ra ra something blah blah yeah I don't know but you never know, illuminati conundrum globalists....

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

All that proves is harry potter - which is based on the occult - is in on it.

You've proved the OP.

Zoinks!!

*runs around in circles barking at the moon*

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

I was going to say that, but there is no Big Ben in Vegas, I think it's NYC.....which is in Vegas.

Egypt, Paris, NYC?

I love these conspiracy questions, but I don't think this one is anything.

I think it's a case of "Burnin' Down the House".

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
My brain still hurts from watching version 2. What a piece of crap and a huge letdown. Shocking people with garbage is not comedy nor is it worth watching. That is the true conspiracy and they killed any idea I may have had of watching 3. You would think they would want an audience over twelve to like it.

Having properly trashed a movie that deserved nothing but scorn, I don't have an issue with this idea of symbolism and finding hidden meanings. I think it's a waste of time and brainpower since there are so many real conspiracies IMO, but go for it. I still remember spinning albums backwards in the 1960's and thinking we heard something.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join