Hangover 3 poster: it all ends

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I thought the first movie was slightly humorous. Didn't see the second.

How in God's name do they get a third one?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Davespanners explained the poster.Most of the people will see the Harry Potter reference and not an alleged attack.
As a movie lover i have seen similar tricks in many comedies.They use the main theme of a blockbuster movie poster and they make fun of it.

BTW i read similar conspiracies when this movie came out

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I'm not ready to completely dismiss this. Yes, the Hangover movies are terrible. Millions of people go see them though and it's going to be a mainstream summer blockbuster. The Asian guy in the poster is peculiar since he's not one of the main few characters. Typically, movies have their "stars" in the poster. That isn't the case here. It could be just propaganda to condition people to seeing "America" vs. "Asia" the way movies before 911 promoted "America" vs. "Muslims". It could be nothing. Maybe not though.
edit on 7-3-2013 by broctune because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by broctune
I'm not ready to completely dismiss this. Yes, the Hangover movies are terrible. Millions of people go see them though and it's going to be a mainstream summer blockbuster. The Asian guy in the poster is peculiar since he's not one of the main few characters. Typically, movies have their "stars" in the poster. That isn't the case here. It could be just propaganda to condition people to seeing "America" vs. "Asia" the way movies before 911 promoted "America" vs. "Muslims". It could be nothing. Maybe not though.

Wait..what? Tell me again how the Asian guy is not a main character in the second film or even one of the more recognizable ones from the first?

Here is a section of the poster from the second movie. Notice what it says at the bottom, "Bangkok has them now"

Seriously.. I have a rock on my desk, it has some water stains that if you look at it right might sort of look like a star. I'm not saying it's a freemason rock but...
edit on 7-3-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

Originally posted by broctune

Wait..what? Tell me again how the Asian guy is not a main character in the second film or even one of the more recognizable ones from the first?

Here is a section of the poster from the second movie. Notice what it says at the bottom, "Bangkok has them now"

Seriously.. I have a rock on my desk, it has some water stains that if you look at it right might sort of look like a star. I'm not saying it's a freemason rock but...
edit on 7-3-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

My only point is that there are big name stars in the move...and the Asian guy isn't one of them. I know his character is significant to the plot, but he's not a marketable star that you'd typically see on a movie poster. Nobody is going to go see the movie just to see the Asian guy.

<< 1   >>

join